Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,340 members, 7,780,896 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:28 AM

Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) (10555 Views)

Biafra: Why Nnamdi Kanu Has Not Been Re-arrested – IGP / Mbe Nwaniga Compares Ojukwu's Biafra To Kanu's Biafra / "Igbo In The North Must Dissociate From Kanu, Biafra" - Dasuki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by eleko1: 1:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
angry We aren't going anywhere/breakup.We'll remain one NIG.NO TO BIAFRA.
laurel03:
NO make den dey go joor
undecided
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by BolaAdeyemo: 1:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
Why are we yorubas peeong in our pants on Ibo issues?
If they want out then they should it

i dont know why we are so scared of leaving ibo people

5 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by kestolove95(m): 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
DaBullIT:
Hahan , bet why now ? You are insinuating that all the bad eggs in Nigeria come from SS /SE only ?? Is that what you are implying ?

stop bringing south south to ur fail state of Biafra....south is different from south east..nd south east is wat we talking abt hia...d only few good ones ar dox dat ar base in d north...d rest in south east nd west are devils incarnate
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by winniz: 1:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
[s][/s]DaBullIT:

Written & Submitted July 17th 2015

Ever since former President Goodluck Jonathan lost the presidential election on March 28, 2015 which some of us knew he would never win based on the facts that we all knew and the statistics available, a majority of the Igbo have been unhappy and angry. They have been cursing and abusing the President and the All Progressives Congress leaders wishing that President Buhari never existed and the APC never formed. Many of them have been so frustrated after the election that they are now looking for a way to get back to the APC-controlled Federal Government.

Now, one Nnamdi Kanu who has been dreaming about the State of Biafra has provided a space for them to vent their anger. Some of them have joined him to begin to wish for the State of Biafra. Suddenly, the so-called Radio Biafra has created a momentum for them. On Facebook, I have watched with keen interest what these guys dish out on a daily basis in the name of fighting for Biafra. They tell blatant lies, create havoc, make terrible noise, they abuse other Nigerians, and they preach unimaginable propaganda and hate that at once put Igboland in potential danger. I have been waiting for the South-East governors to speak up but they have maintained a deafening silence that suggests complicity. I have also waited for our elders to caution this young man but nothing has happened. With the so-called Radio Biafra, Kanu has unleashed an unimaginable trailer-load of lies and potentially dangerous propaganda that have put the Igbo nation in danger. It is now 45 years after the Nigeria-Biafra Civil War and I think that Igbo must rise up to stop this man who apparently never saw the 1967-1970 Civil War and who may not know the implications of what he is doing. He has never consulted anybody to seek his opinion. He has been speaking to the gullible and not too educated people in Igboland, and very soon these uneducated people will take a dangerous decision that may decimate and destroy Igboland. Soon, our people will start complaining that they were not consulted. To be fore-warned is to be fore-armed.

Last week, I saw a photo of a group of people that gave the impression that they are getting a military training somewhere in Igboland. Later, I saw another photograph on Facebook with some youths bearing guns and Kanu standing with them. I may not know where these pictures came from and what they are planning to do but this is the time to speak out and I urge anybody who is anybody who understands where we are coming from to stand up now to be counted. Woe betides a nation whose leaders are children. If we elders do not talk about this evil, posterity will never forgive us. Let us speak out and if these children do not hear us, then it should be on record that we spoke. About a month ago, the barrage of lies and uncontrolled propaganda Radio Biafra dished out everyday drew the attention of the National Broadcasting Commission which asked Nigerians to stop listening to the pirate radio station.

Now, here are compelling reasons why the Igbo must remain in Nigeria in their own interest:

The Igbo fought a civil war of self-determination between 1967 and 1970 and lost about one million people. This should be taken as a huge price for the unity of this country. Having made this monumental supreme price, I think the Igbo should work for the unity of this country based on social justice, equity and fair play.

Nigeria has three major ethnic groups: Hausa/Fulani, Yoruba and Igbo. The Hausa/Fulani Empire has Hausa people stretching all through the Sahel to the Sudan. They are mostly Muslims and they have contact with the Arab world. The Yoruba nation has Togo, Benin Republic, Sierra Leone and even up to Brazil and Cuba to run to where their kinsmen are. The Igbo nation has no outlet anywhere in the world where the language is spoken. Therefore, they must see Nigeria as where they belong and work for its survival.

Nigeria provided a big space for the Igbo to spread their tentacles, explore, excel and blossom. The South-East is too small for this highly mobile and dynamic people to thrive.

The world pays attention to Nigeria today because of our size and population. If Nigeria splits into smaller countries, the world will pack their bag and baggage and leave. Population and size make a nation a destination.

Ndigbo control between 60 and 70 per cent of all the imports in Nigeria and other Nigerians, Yoruba, Hausa/Fulani, Ijaw, Efik, Birom, Tiv, Idoma etc provide a huge market for Igbo mobile and big-time traders.

Monumental inter-marriages between the Igbo and Yoruba and other ethnic groups have thrived for close to 70 years now that we cannot just dismiss all these with a wave of the hand.

Ndigbo own huge and massive investments in property in Lagos and Abuja, and other state capitals in Nigeria. Now, are you going to wish all this away?

Other Nigerian cities have provided safe havens for the Igbo as places to run to cool off whenever self-inflicted crises arise or other problems. When kidnapping became a way of life in the South-East, our people moved to other parts of Nigeria to settle. Now, where will the Igbo go when confronted with these problems in Biafra?

How can the Igbo thrive without their Lagos and Abuja or Port Harcourt? What happens to all their connections and relationships in these places?

We have been so intermarried, interwoven, intertwined, inter-related that the idea of separation may not be encouraged. I do not want to lose my friends from the other parts of Nigeria for anything.

I can go on but there is no need to continue to do so. We must be strong enough to stop this world’s old problems of looking down on people who are different from us. This is the problem of Nigeria. Nigeria’s diversity is a big plus for all of us to excel. United we stand, divided we fall. I confess that the Igbo have not played better politics in Nigeria since 1970 and that has been our bane. Anytime Nigeria wants to change a bad leadership in the country, the Igbo as a bloc will resist it. It happened in 1993 and we lost everything. In 2015, the Igbo were at it again but forces of history prevailed. The Igbo can do better than this.

However, I want Nigerian leaders to show leadership by carrying all Nigerians along in distributing power and resources. If there is no justice, there will be no peace. If there is no peace, there will be no progress. Let justice prevail.

Let us be fair to all concerned. If the truth must prevail and it must prevail, Nigeria has not been fair to Igbo since the end of the civil war. They tell us that there is no victor and no vanquished but in actions and deeds, the victors are still celebrating and enjoying the spoils of the war while the defeated are still languishing in abject neglect. For instance, of all the six zones in Nigeria, only the South-East zone has five states. We have found solace in all these because we have found out that those who are still oppressing the Igbo in Nigeria are not better. We also take solace in the findings of the Fathers of the Second Vatican Council that all acts of indignity against human persons, against human society debase the perpetrators more than the victims. It is not that the offended cannot forgive but have the offenders repented? This injustice must stop now for the sake of unity of this country. I wrote Igbos: 25 Years After Biafra in 1995 thinking that the book will prick the conscience of other Nigerians but they have not paid any attention. It has been business as usual. Now, President Buhari must address this injustice. Case rested!

Igbokwe wrote in from Lagos

http://www.punchng.com/opinion/why-nnamdi-kanus-biafra-project-must-be-stopped/[s][/s]

Why are you still recycling this old Trash, I still can't comprehend Yorubas obsession with Biafra, is one Nigeria by force?

8 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by HtwoOw: 1:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
Obviously you are not Yoruba , your ID is fake like tonyebarcanista and one other goat who has been posting and begging for alms in yoruba username
BolaAdeyemo:
Why are we yorubas peeong in our pants on Ibo issues?
If they want out then they should it

i dont know why we are so scared of leaving ibo people
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by nobilis: 1:27pm On Sep 17, 2015
GabrielSuswam:
95% of Igbos don't want Biafra..... Forget all this online stunts

Come to Abuja.. 70% of Hotels are own by Igbos (Rockview,Ibeto etc)... Petrol stations, Wuse Market Igbos into legitimate business and making good money here!!

Biafra is being clamoured by most igbo brothers who have never left the SouthEast Zone in their entire Life's..

Go and tell igbo boys in Computer Village, Alaba to relocate to east and see what their replies will be...A capital NO...

Igbos are industrious people who are ready to move to any part of Nigeria to do business..I visited Maidugri last year and to my surprise I saw lots of igbos with big provision stores still doing business there... I met one of them to ask why he hasn't relocated because of Bokoharam insurgency... He Said "Business isn't easy to just relocate back to SE & he's okay there in Maidugri"

Keep Calm let's fight corruption & Greed to a standstill before actualising the dream of Biafra....

You can ask our SouthSudan Brothers "how market now"

Why do people equate a nation's independence with all the citizens of that country relocating to that place?

Common sense isn't common after all.

One of the newest countries in the world today is South Sudan.
Are you trying to tell me that all citizens of South Sudan are living in South Sudan?
If Biafra becomes a reality, are you trying to say that no Biafran can live in Nigeria??

Think wisely, brother.

All those people with businesses in the North or the West do not have to leave the West. All they have to do is get a residence permit, that is, if it will even be necessary because Biafra will also be a West African nation and some of these migration rules are somewhat relaxed in this region. There are many Nigerians living and working in Camerron, Benin Republic, Mali, Senegal, The Gambia, Togo, Niger Republic, Chad Republic and so on.

And you cannot stay in your room and assume a figure. If you say 90% of Igbos don't want Biafra, give us a link to the study you carried out and arrived at 90%.

Secondly, you say the people who clamor for Biafra are those who haven't left Igbo land.
I guess Nnamdi Kanu is living in Aba, Nnewi, or Onitsha, right?
I guess all those other people he holds talks and rallies with outside the shores of this country all live in Owerri, right?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by DaBullIT(m): 1:29pm On Sep 17, 2015
kestolove95:
stop bringing south south to ur fail state of Biafra....south is different from south east..nd south east is wat we talking abt hia...d only few good ones ar dox dat ar base in d north...d rest in south east nd west are devils incarnate

Obviously you know nothing about me
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by nobilis: 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2015
You don't want Igbos to be on their own.
Yet you don't want them to live in your homelands.
Yet you don't want them in government.
Yet you don't want them in Civil service.
You don't want them handling anything in Nigeria.
You hate them with so much passion.

Isn't this the perfect definition of slavery and colonialism?

9 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by BolaAdeyemo: 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2015
HtwoOw:
Obviously you are not Yoruba , your ID is fake like tonyebarcanista and one other goat who has been posting and begging for alms in yoruba username
warever,dude
so i must insult ibos before you know am yoruba?
Iranu

9 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by DaBullIT(m): 1:33pm On Sep 17, 2015
You funny no be small

With this increase in tension among people do you think anyone will be safe ? Besides, if FG refuses to grant permit , what will you do then ??
nobilis:

Why do people equate a nation's independence with all the citizens of that country relocating to that place?

Common sense isn't common after all.

One of the newest countries in the world today is South Sudan.
Are you trying to tell me that all citizens of South Sudan are living in South Sudan?
If Biafra becomes a reality, are you trying to say that no Biafran can live in Nigeria??

Think wisely, brother.

All those people with businesses in the North or the West do not have to leave the West. All they have to do is get a residence permit, that is, if it will even be necessary because Biafra will also be a West African nation and some of these migration rules are somewhat relaxed in this region. There are many Nigerians living and working in Camerron, Benin Republic, Mali, Senegal, The Gambia, Togo, Niger Republic, Chad Republic and so on.

And you cannot stay in your room and assume a figure. If you say 90% of Igbos don't want Biafra, give us a link to the study you carried out and arrived at 90%.

Secondly, you say the people who clamor for Biafra are those who haven't left Igbo land.
I guess Nnamdi Kanu is living in Aba, Nnewi, or Onitsha, right?
I guess all those other people he holds talks and rallies with outside the shores of this country all live in Owerri, right?
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by DaBullIT(m): 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
whoever that guy is , he stated his observation
BolaAdeyemo:
warever,dude
so i must insult ibos before you know am yoruba?
Iranu
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by PointB: 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
Actually, Igbos are speaking out.

All WE ARE SAYING

GIVE US BIAFRA!

How difficult is for Igbokwe, and his fellow sojourners to appreciate it.

Let their be a referendum and let the people decide what that want.

One thing is certain, war will affect everyone in various ways; it's not in Igbo hand alone to stop it. Majority of Igbos as the original post indicated have taken a position, it's left for Nigeria to respond. Their desire or wish cannot be waved away as Mr. Igbokwe would like.

Anyway, Mr Igbokwe does not speak for Igbos, he speak for Tinubu and APC. So we know where his interest lies.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by haqueurate(m): 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
In all this 3month resurgence of intrest in biafra I have come to understand the following points

1. The agitation by the igbos is as a result of hope in amalgamating the oil rich south south to thier wild dream republic ( same as the initial biafra objective)
Clamour for igbo freedom does not include a desire for the south south to exist as an indipent country in the cases of disolution of nigeria, simply put the igbo will refuse the south south to go ( same situation as exist in nigeria)

2. Biafra 2.0 is to be fought only on naira land, and by igboes in uk ( namdi kanu army). No clear cut strategy either legal or civil to address any fall out including the fact that over 60% of igbos live and hv bizz outside igbo land. Secession usually involve people relocating in mass ( as in the cases of india and pakistan, sudan and south sudan. How will they be accomodated and how many are prepared to go back to ground zero
3. Hatred is the slogan of biafra secessionist generals ( namdi kanu). Forgeting no tribe is a monopoly of hate (as the hutus and tutsis in rwanda)
Also forgeting igbos are more in other peoples communities, therefore are more at risk incase of a violent fallout
4. Ethnic spread doesnt make you own the land ( there are yorubas in benin republic and ivory cost, does not give them the right to demand a restructuring of these 3 countries, their are fulanis in niger republic, chad and cameroun- can they claim their own country based on this fact?
5. I thought the igbos surrendered after biafra, how come they are claiming ownaship of a land they signed away...... 
Do they know the meaning of surrender ( you put yourself at the mercy of your master, u lost the right of claim) 
Emotions dont win a warm, sense does

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by Kestolovee95(f): 1:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
madridguy:
BIAFRA IS A FRAUD.

have you seen this nice thread opened by your yoruba brothers? you'll love it. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2602059/thread-yorubas-support-actualization-biafra
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by winniz: 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
GabrielSuswam:
95% of Igbos don't want Biafra..... Forget all this online stunts

Come to Abuja.. 70% of Hotels are own by Igbos (Rockview,Ibeto etc)... Petrol stations, Wuse Market Igbos into legitimate business and making good money here!!

Biafra is being clamoured by most igbo brothers who have never left the SouthEast Zone in their entire Life's..

Go and tell igbo boys in Computer Village, Alaba to relocate to east and see what their replies will be...A capital NO...

Igbos are industrious people who are ready to move to any part of Nigeria to do business..I visited Maidugri last year and to my surprise I saw lots of igbos with big provision stores still doing business there... I met one of them to ask why he hasn't relocated because of Bokoharam insurgency... He Said "Business isn't easy to just relocate back to SE & he's okay there in Maidugri"

Keep Calm let's fight corruption & Greed to a standstill before actualising the dream of Biafra....

You can ask our SouthSudan Brothers "how market now"

You again! which Igbo people don't want Biafra, you lots don't get tired of posting crap.

6 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by haqueurate(m): 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
In all this 3month resurgence of intrest in biafra I have come to understand the following points

1. The agitation by the igbos is as a result of hope in amalgamating the oil rich south south to thier wild dream republic ( same as the initial biafra objective)
Clamour for igbo freedom does not include a desire for the south south to exist as an indipent country in the cases of disolution of nigeria, simply put the igbo will refuse the south south to go ( same situation as exist in nigeria)

2. Biafra 2.0 is to be fought only on naira land, and by igboes in uk ( namdi kanu army). No clear cut strategy either legal or civil to address any fall out including the fact that over 60% of igbos live and hv bizz outside igbo land. Secession usually involve people relocating in mass ( as in the cases of india and pakistan, sudan and south sudan. How will they be accomodated and how many are prepared to go back to ground zero
3. Hatred is the slogan of biafra secessionist generals ( namdi kanu). Forgeting no tribe is a monopoly of hate (as the hutus and tutsis in rwanda)
Also forgeting igbos are more in other peoples communities, therefore are more at risk incase of a violent fallout
4. Ethnic spread doesnt make you own the land ( there are yorubas in benin republic and ivory cost, does not give them the right to demand a restructuring of these 3 countries, their are fulanis in niger republic, chad and cameroun- can they claim their own country based on this fact?
5. I thought the igbos surrendered after biafra, how come they are claiming ownaship of a land they signed away...... 
Do they know the meaning of surrender ( you put yourself at the mercy of your master, u lost the right of claim) 
Emotions dont win a war, sense does

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by BolaAdeyemo: 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
DaBullIT:
whoever that guy is , he stated his observation
and i dont give a f.ucking flying shot

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by Kestolovee95(f): 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
omenka:
And eventually, this fraudster get the attention he desperately sought from mainstream media.

Smh.

You are right, he fraudulently stole from your crippled father's farm in Igedeland. Sai buhari, Igede zombies that will soon go into extinction. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by nobilis: 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
DaBullIT:
You funny no be small

With this increase in tension among people do you think anyone will be safe ? Besides, if FG refuses to grant permit , what will you do then ??

I'm the one who is funny and you're the one who is making sense

Let's examine a scenario.
South Sudan gained independence few years ago.
And it is safe to assume that most South Sudanese owned businesses in some parts of the world and even in the northern part of the original Sudan.

So according to your common sense, when South Sudan became independent, all the citizens of South Sudan abandoned everything they had in other countries and in the north of Sudan and came back home to South Sudan because South Sudan is now a country?

That's what your common sense gave you, right?

How old are you, abeg?

12 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by DaBullIT(m): 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2015
If it's still useable , it should be recycled for better understanding , if you are not happy , stay off my post and my mention

Buh bye now
winniz:

Why are you still recycling this old Trash, I still can't comprehend Yorubas obsession with Biafra, is one Nigeria by force?
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by winniz: 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2015
Kestolovee95:

have you seen this nice thread opened by your yoruba brothers? you'll love it. grin

It's quite Obvious these people can't keep to there words cheesy trust these Yoruba people at your own peril!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2015
HtwoOw:
Bros abeg if na joke make you stop am. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by PointB: 1:41pm On Sep 17, 2015
Let us be fair to all concerned. If the truth must prevail and it must prevail, Nigeria has not been fair to Igbo since the end of the civil war. They tell us that there is no victor and no vanquished but in actions and deeds, the victors are still celebrating and enjoying the spoils of the war while the defeated are still languishing in abject neglect. For instance, of all the six zones in Nigeria, only the South-East zone has five states. We have found solace in all these because we have found out that those who are still oppressing the Igbo in Nigeria are not better. We also take solace in the findings of the Fathers of the Second Vatican Council that all acts of indignity against human persons, against human society debase the perpetrators more than the victims. It is not that the offended cannot forgive but have the offenders repented? This injustice must stop now for the sake of unity of this country. I wrote Igbos: 25 Years After Biafra in 1995 thinking that the book will prick the conscience of other Nigerians but they have not paid any attention. It has been business as usual. Now, President Buhari must address this injustice. Case rested!

Mr Igbokwe,

Nigeria cannot give Igbos justice, as there is no justice in Nigeria. How can one give what he doesn't have.

The best place Igbos can find justice in Biafra.

Igbos are best served demanding and getting Biafra NOW, or we'll be back here next year, or next 20, or 100 years to demand for same thing. It's Biafra NOW, or Biafra later! I choose NOW!

6 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by madridguy(m): 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
What is the evidence to prove that the thread is created by a Yoruba person ? This is an anonymous forum so anybody can hide any moniker.

Kestolovee95:

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by glassjar1: 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
HtwoOw:

so to be a real Yoruba you must hate IGBO'S right ?

slow pokes shocked shocked slow pokes of waste axis . trasheegerian's

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by madridguy(m): 1:43pm On Sep 17, 2015
Until Nnamdi Kanu come down to Nigeria and lead the crusade then I will know you people are serious.

DaBullIT:
State your reason
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by PointB: 1:44pm On Sep 17, 2015
Nigeria is fraud; a big scam.

Infact Nigeria is 419, google knows, we all know that.

Igbokwe want Igbos to continue to subscribe to this fraud, because he can't afford to severe his arse licking relationship with Tinubu. Thankfully, the efulefu doesn't speak for me.

7 Likes

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by Kestolovee95(f): 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
nobilis:
Obviously, you don't see it.
The more awareness you create about it, the better.

The writer says The Igbos lost about 1 million lives in the civil war and that that is a price for unity.

Please, I would like for him to define unity. Not just to define unity but to define Unity in the context of Nigeria.
When has Nigeria ever been united?
I would want to know.

Secondly, it is within the rights of the Igbos or any other ethnic nationality to seek self-determination. It is not criminal to want to be sovereign nation of your own. It is captured in the United Nations Charter of Rights and it is also allowed since the 100 year period ear-marked by Lugard to test the ability of Nigeria's different ethnic groups has elapsed.

Finally, what irks me about that whole write-up is that it was written by an Igbo man.
We are our own downfall and that is why we have saboteurs at every turn. Yes, it is true that not all Igbos will support Nnamdi Kanu's moves but common sense should have told him to shut up and keep his reservations to himself and let others be the ones to fire up objections.
But No! He had to show that he can string words together to make up an article.

When will Igbos learn?

though the article is a bit old, but Joe Igbokwe the APC spokesperson is only trying to protect his stomach in the APC lagos government, but Biafran soverignty is more important than Igbokwe's stomach. He has since kept mum, when he got reactions from reasonable Igbo people. Anyday he as much opens his mouth against Biafra again, he will be dragged to radio baifra and shredded, IPOB has his files.

I'm sure he doesn't even have a spine as thick as Okorohausa who radio biafra has made a frequent visitor to international hospitals for treatment of hypertension. grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by Abagworo(m): 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
haqueurate:
Emotions dont win a war, sense does

you are wrong. The writer gave the reason for the recent stupidity by Igbo lowlifes. A peep at any if their group pictures depicts extreme poverty. Most of those joining IPOB are the lowest class of society found in the slums of Aba and Onitsha. 99% of callers on radio Biafra are from those 2 cities with a handful of diasporans who are being misled.

The recent loss of Jonathan should never have been associated with Igbos if not that some politicians made it so. Now they want to make themselves enemy of Buhari who is a no nonsense man.

1 Like

Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by CSTR2: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by GabrielSuswam(m): 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
winniz:

You again! which Igbo people don't want Biafra, you lots don't get tired of posting crap.

Lol bos calm down Biko..
Come take one bottle of orijin for wuse Garden
Re: Why Nnamdi Kanu's Biafra Project Must Be Stopped (PUNCHNEWS) by haqueurate(m): 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
Those who forget history......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Boko Haram: Is The December Deadline Realistic? / I Am Not Under Investigation By EFCC - Okonjo-iweala / Adeosun NYSC Certificate Saga: Court Slates Oct 8 To Hear Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.