Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:31 PM

Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics (45610 Views)

If Programming Languages Were Countries, Which country Would Each Lang represent / I Need A Good Hacker (2) (3) (4)

Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Slyr0x: 7:23pm On Sep 17, 2015
Nigeria To Fly African Flag At Global Cyberlympics

A Nigerian Team of cyber security professionals “TeamNaija” will be representing the African continent at Washington, DC in this year’s Cyberlympics event. The team is made up of Wale Obadare (Digital Encode), Uchenna Aka (FirstBank), David Abolusoro (FirstBank), Rotimi Akinyele (BDO UAE), Bimbo Jaiyeola (Union bank) and the team captain Oluseyi Akindeinde (Digital Encode).

Global Cyberlympics is a hands on cyber security team game sport that brings together the best ethical hackers from around the world to compete in a series of Forensics, Penetration testing, Computer Network Defense, and Capture the Flag Challenges. This year’s competition was full of intrigues as the participants were given hardened systems to break into and other complex tasks to complete within limited time.

The teams had to go through 3 rounds while the number of teams proceeding to the next stage kept reducing until the end of the Final round where TeamNaija emerged first and another Nigerian Team Hawx came second. Judging was based on the speed at which systems were hacked, the number of vulnerabilities found and the techniques used to uncover them.

TeamNaija had competed in 2012 and represented the continent at the world Finals in Miami where they had a very good outing.
The team has since then, built capacity over the years to world standard with the ability to match the skills of the best in the field.
Among the 6 team members, they have over 50 IT Certifications which include CISSP, CCNP, OSCP, ISO 27001:LI, PCIP, PCI-ISA, SECURITY +, CSA, MSA, C|EH, E|CSA, L|PT, eCPPT, FBCS, ECSP, CHFI, CITP, CCNA,CCDP,CCIE(written),SNAA,QCS, ISO 20000:LA, ISO27001:LA, ISO 22301:LA, PCIQSA, COBIT 5 ASSESSOR, MCSE and CRISC, to mention a few.

A member of the team, Rotimi Akinyele, who currently works with BDO UAE, and consults for UAE government entities, said despite competing against the best-of-the-best in the whole world, the team was very confident of winning and returning as champions.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-b6IusK90CoY/Vfu408GuCwI/AAAAAAACs_w/uIXXmEu6rxc/s400/teamNaija2.png[/img]

137 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by jessejagga(m): 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2015
nerds Olympics cheesy

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2015
They most probably will lose.

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
Teempakguy:
My Brother no talk o...50 IT CERTIFICATES no be here o... are these guys in Nigeria or they were all Outside the country before now?

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Slyr0x: 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
impactz:

My Brother no talk o...50 IT CERTIFICATES no be here o... are these guys in Nigeria or they were all Outside the country before now?

Nigerian born and bred

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Soneh(m): 7:47pm On Sep 17, 2015
hacking olmpics?abeg na when them go begin yahoo yahoo olmpics make i apply

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Fulaman198(m): 8:40pm On Sep 17, 2015
Cool, how did they make the decision to use these guys to represent us? Did they do it on a school basis?

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by baba11(m): 6:33am On Sep 18, 2015
I always say it to whoever that cares to listen that this path is the future....now imagine,hackers that before now people were very afraid of are getting accommodating into us....

HOW DO YOU THINK THEY'LL BE ACCEPTED TOMORROW shocked cool

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Ojestas(m): 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
One day, there might be YAHOOLYMPICS

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
Wow! Hacker Olympics. Let me inform my cousin who hacked the US Defence networks.

Meanwhile, up Teamnaija

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Neduzze5(m): 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
K
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by phemocheee(m): 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
Team Hawx is made up solely of the CyberSecurity team of Akintola Williams Deloitte and I think this team even qualified ahead of TeamNaija.

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by VOICEOFJUSTICE: 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2015

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by purplekayc(m): 4:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
Teempakguy:
why
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hope seun is going?

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Houseofglam7(f): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
Make us proud y'all
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by ammyluv2002(f): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
They will surely make us proud IJN

All the best

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by olukayoday(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
Haahhaha.

I will hack them @ the Olympics.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by saintkel(m): 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
And they forgot to include me? Hmmm

Great
- no one from Zenith Bank
- no one from Google Nigeria
- no one from CWG
- no one from MTN
- no one from GLO
- no one from MainOne
- no one from Nairaland shocked

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Richie0974: 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hackers...good occupation grin

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by damton(m): 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
Is there a corruption olympic.im sure nigeria will top the medals table

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by efilefun(m): 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
Only those in love with IT and mostly people outside Nigeria will understand all those qualifications... That CCIE exam is suicidal, 6 straight hours Lab exam and the fee aint smiling. Great to see this people being recognized.

I stand to be corrected but with a CCIE certificate, you can NEVER NEVER and NEVER be unemployed.

baba11:
I always say it to whoever that cares to listen that this path is the future....now imagine,hackers that before now people were very afraid of are getting accommodating into us....

HOW DO YOU THINK THEY'LL BE ACCEPTED TOMORROW shocked cool

This are certified ethical hackers and not those one's destroying the cyberspace. Anybody with ethical hacking certificates can easily be traced so you cant do thrash with your knowledge instead you are being employed as a security expert in top organizations that uses anything connected to the internet.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by fammo: 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
Do Naija proud guys!!!.......Leggo!!!

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Richie0974: 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ojestas:
One day, there might be YAHOOLYMPICS

Chai grin
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by omaniblog(m): 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
oh
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by TheNextAce: 4:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
Nice one
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Ijaya123: 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
Quite interesting
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by stinggy(m): 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2015
Whatever you find your hand doing, do it well!

Good luck guys, do us proud. Let the world know we can hack for the right reasons.

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by kingzx0(m): 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
wow shocked they should represent us well. Thought IT is for the young heart, this men old small smiley

How Many Clients Have You Gotten From Your Web Development Ad On Nairaland? / My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far / High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers