Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,359 members, 7,808,245 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics - Programming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics (45612 Views)

If Programming Languages Were Countries, Which country Would Each Lang represent / I Need A Good Hacker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by calddon(m): 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2015
eDoctorr:

Ethical or dark are not official words to tag good and bad hackers respectively.
dark hackers indeed. Na saint and bright hackers u go see.
IS crackers official?
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by ExInferis(m): 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
efilefun:
Only those in love with IT and mostly people outside Nigeria will understand all those qualifications... That CCIE exam is suicidal, 6 straight hours Lab exam and the fee aint smiling. Great to see this people being recognized.

I stand to be corrected but with a CCIE certificate, you can NEVER NEVER and NEVER be unemployed.

Only about 1% of network professionals certified by Cisco have passed CCIE, as claimed by Cisco itself.

However i cant find any of these guys at the CCIE Hall of Fame at www.cciehof.com

All certified CCIE engineers are represented at the CCIE HoF.

Abi na yahoo certs?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
Boko-hari. Where are all the merit mallas ?
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by tunesoft(m): 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
Legal hackers....so are we saying the non legal ones got more brains? Trust...my true G. Ox .
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by jmslimx(m): 5:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
We watch them from the underground!!!
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by eDoctorr(m): 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
calddon:

IS crackers official?

Of coz not.
So compelling me to submit to your opinion is out of it. Mode of expressions can never be d same and is not under a must for me to make use of common words; am okay so far readers understand me.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by mmsen: 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by jmslimx(m): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
The truth is having IT Cert doesn't guarantee you capable to the Task... I went to do CISSP .. in the process i found out its all stories ... I passed but still doesn't satisfy my needs as someone whom is being in the business for long... I still believe the best hackers are always underground.. they once writing codes , Discovering new Exploits.. Hacking stuff and selling them online... Yea there alot of good hackers with this certification no doubt but majority use dumps to pass.. when u give them offensive security Certs ..OCSP they fail.. becos its real time... Anyway best of luck to them I am watching wink grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by wepingtk: 5:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
ExInferis:

Absolutely agree with you.
Most likely these are script kiddies.
Besides, no one has ever heard of them
real hackers no dey make mouth

so you want make dem dey shout say dem b hacker
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by omogidi234(m): 5:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
Soneh:
hacking olmpics?abeg na when them go begin yahoo yahoo olmpics make i apply
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin oga abeg no kill me with laughter oh. ''Yahoo yahoo Olympics ko, gmail gmail Olympics ni''

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by efilefun(m): 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
Lol as you can see in front of his CCIE he passed only the written and sure he F'ed up the Lab
ExInferis:

Only about 1% of network professionals certified by Cisco have passed CCIE, as claimed by Cisco itself.

However i cant find any of these guys at the CCIE Hall of Fame at www.cciehof.com

All certified CCIE engineers are represented at the CCIE HoF.

Abi na yahoo certs?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Slyr0x: 5:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
jmslimx:
The truth is having IT Cert doesn't guarantee you capable to the Task... I went to do CISSP .. in the process i found out its all stories ... I passed but still doesn't satisfy my needs as someone whom is being in the business for long... I still believe the best hackers are always underground.. they once writing codes , Discovering new Exploits.. Hacking stuff and selling them online... Yea there alot of good hackers with this certification no doubt but majority use dumps to pass.. when u give them offensive security Certs ..OCSP they fail.. becos its real time... Anyway best of luck to them I am watching wink grin

Read the initial story, and you will see there's someone with OSCP there wink
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by friends4ever(m): 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
Soneh:

Naughty...Naughty grin cool
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by kazmanbanjoko(m): 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
Soneh:
abeg, if d form don come out. Holla me make i buy too. I need am.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Fulaman198(m): 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
efilefun:
Only those in love with IT and mostly people outside Nigeria will understand all those qualifications... That CCIE exam is suicidal, 6 straight hours Lab exam and the fee aint smiling. Great to see this people being recognized.

I stand to be corrected but with a CCIE certificate, you can NEVER NEVER and NEVER be unemployed.

This are certified ethical hackers and not those one's destroying the cyberspace. Anybody with ethical hacking certificates can easily be traced so you cant do thrash with your knowledge instead you are being employed as a security expert in top organizations that uses anything connected to the internet.

CEH is the certified ethical hacking cert. CCIE is a whole different beast all together.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by boneruns(m): 5:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
Wale is just a paper weight tiger who loves to shout and argue. Seyi is the main technical guy. As for the others, I don't know them. I can only wish them the best

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Fulaman198(m): 5:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
lawanson44:
Funny enough, these guys are not the BEST hackers Nigeria has! There is this guy i know very well who learnt hacking in Pakistan and Ukraine and is based here in Abuja. He is 1 out of the 4 Nigerian members of the International Faceless Hacking Group called "Anonymous" I once asked him to enroll for the competition and he refused. His reason: After the competition and he gets to hack something big and the origin is traced to Nigeria, the world will know "whom to hold responsible".

The day i fear this guy was when he downloaded the firmware of BMW from the BMW's intranet website and converted it into a JAVA file, installed it in an old Nokia phone and unlocked his in-law's X6! shocked shocked Though when he tried to start the vehicle with it, the app crashed the phone.

You know too much
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by efilefun(m): 5:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
sure i know bro, did CCIE training but never tried attempting the exam.
Fulaman198:

CEH is the certified ethical hacking cert. CCIE is a whole different beast all together.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by calddon(m): 5:30pm On Sep 18, 2015
eDoctorr:

Of coz not.
So compelling me to submit to your opinion is out of it. Mode of expressions can never be d same and is not under a must for me to make use of common words; am okay so far readers understand me.
Am not satisfied with your reasons but for the sake of my bandwidth i rest my case
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 5:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
Fulaman198:

You know too much

That's the reason for my existence
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by ExInferis(m): 5:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
efilefun:
Lol as you can see in front of his CCIE he passed only the written and sure he F'ed up the Lab

But you aint CCIE qualified unless you pass both modules na.

These people are probably sponsored by a patron system, otherwise they'd have allowed others to compete for the chance to rep naija.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by ExInferis(m): 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2015
wepingtk:
real hackers no dey make mouth

so you want make dem dey shout say dem b hacker

Ethical hackers are known by their works. You aint a whitehat hacker unless you've ever discovered some vulnerability or written some exploits. Have thes guys ever published anything? Nope. At least none that we've heard of.

Also, real ethical hackers would work in security firms or software companies, not banks!

I'm guessing the naija mentality of placing too much value on certs intimidated someone into thinking these guys can hack, so they favorited them.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Slyr0x: 5:37pm On Sep 18, 2015
ExInferis:

These people are probably sponsored by a patron system, otherwise they'd have allowed others to compete for the chance to rep naija.

You should read the writeup first. .and yes, there was a qualifying round before these guys won. .Actually, 3 qualifying rounds where 100s of teams in Africa competed and Judging was based on the speed at which systems were hacked. .
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Malawian(m): 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
na just to break one of these guys head, carry dia brain add for my own.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 18, 2015
Chinese don win already except no be hacking
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Slyr0x: 5:42pm On Sep 18, 2015
ExInferis:

Also, real ethical hackers would work in security firms or software companies, not banks!

C'mon, who then will protect sensitive customer information if these guys don't work in banks?
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by efilefun(m): 5:42pm On Sep 18, 2015
Sure but passing that written alone na war, bro no near am. Did CCNA exam myself and was feeling like Messi, mere facing CCIE training gave me constant headache everyday after class even with all the cold weather my head was always hot
ExInferis:

But you aint CCIE qualified unless you pass both modules na.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by CyberWolf: 5:43pm On Sep 18, 2015
efilefun:

This are certified ethical hackers and not those one's destroying the cyberspace. Anybody with ethical hacking certificates can easily be traced so you cant do thrash with your knowledge instead you are being employed as a security expert in top organizations that uses anything connected to the internet.
How can you trace him if he disguises himself? Don't say what you don't know.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by persius555(m): 5:44pm On Sep 18, 2015
Did u see the number of IT certificates shared among them? It takes years and valuable resources(money and time) to aquire them. A young mind would definitely age to acquire those knowledge and skill.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by tsdarkside(m): 5:45pm On Sep 18, 2015
make dem please dont show too much secrets...dont forget,the white man is your enemy....he is eager to learn from you,to use it against you...i dont understand,why the intelligent blacks never understood,that white-people are our enemys-..... undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Many Clients Have You Gotten From Your Web Development Ad On Nairaland? / My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far / High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.