Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics - Programming (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics (45614 Views)

If Programming Languages Were Countries, Which country Would Each Lang represent / I Need A Good Hacker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
Teempakguy:
They most probably will lose.
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy wink
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
Wish them success!
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2015
Where is the overrated South Africa?
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by shizzy7(f): 7:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
Some Nigerians are very good at Hacking BUT for Negative reasons,,,,,

Do something positive and win...
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by shizzy7(f): 7:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
Some Nigerians are very good at Hacking BUT for Negative and Bad reasons,,,,,Yahoo Yahoo boys

something positive can also come out of the Negativity ... GO and win...
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by mount1ng(m): 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
You guys finally knocked out the Egyptians. Great! The world stage is there for grab.

The Digital Encore guys are cyberlympians. The Egyptians took 1st in Africa the last time.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by ameynuJR(m): 7:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
[size=32pt]Wish them the best of luck.

When you comeback from the competition I will be your student.....so that I'll corrupt all MTN Nigeria systems make Nairalanders enjoy free service cheesy wink

Don't quote me non-sense
[/size]
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
Honestly this is my dream.... If I wasn't in the biological sciences field... I love computers and hacking ish things so much since my childhood grin
Goodluck to them, fine boys grin
Why don't they have a girl on the team tho?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by rottenegg: 7:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
calddon:

Legal hackers are known as ethical hacker while illegal once are know as dark hackers. hacking and cracking is very different
Hmmmm, the only hacking and cracking i know has to do with babes!
Good luck to all u well paid nerds!
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by shizzy7(f): 7:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
ameynuJR:
[size=32pt]Wish them the best of luck.

When you comeback from the competition I will be your student.....so that I'll corrupt all MTN Nigeria systems make Nairalanders enjoy free service cheesy wink

Don't quote me non-sense
[/size]
LOL,,,You want revenge.... I normally pity Airtel because I don't understand how people always hack into their system and get Free cheats,,, its too much..

Mtn wayo wayo tooo much
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Spidermon: 7:27pm On Sep 18, 2015
When they start sexx olympics, make una flash me abeg make I go process the visa
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by efilefun(m): 7:33pm On Sep 18, 2015
Thanks man will surely give it a trial before the year runs In sha Allah
Fulaman198:

Build up the confidence in yourself, you can do it. I know Nigerians can't except failure sometimes, but it's the hardest I.T. exam out there, our failures only make us stronger (I'm not saying you will fail, you may pass the written exam on your first attempt, and the hands-on on your first attempt as well). Have faith!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by bigdot1759(m): 7:35pm On Sep 18, 2015
I will single hand win mine without any group wen I start hack down eccouncil who go train me
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by shizzy7(f): 7:37pm On Sep 18, 2015
ExInferis:

Absolutely agree with you.

Most likely these are script kiddies.

Besides, no one has ever heard of them
You're calling them script Kiddies after they competed with the Major Continents in the world,,,Passed through all stages to the Finals with EUROPE....

Always research before you comment

http://cyberlympics.org/?page_id=1939

7 continents competed and they are the Final 2
Africa & Europe...

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by ritzytbabs(m): 7:38pm On Sep 18, 2015
[size=16pt]Anyone with useful information on a 4 months I.T position for a Cyber Security Student should kindly mention me..thanks[/size]
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by johnie: 7:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
There are two teams representing Nigeria - TeamNaija and Hawx

http://cyberlympics.org/?p=2131
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by goldenimp(m): 7:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
..does anybody notice that the guy sitted in d middle was photoshoped in? i mean his face was inserted into someone's else body
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by holland002(m): 8:11pm On Sep 18, 2015
Most of them will either be graduates from LAUTECH, OAU or UNILAG....
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by jackobi(m): 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
Slyr0x:
Nigeria To Fly African Flag At Global Cyberlympics

A Nigerian Team of cyber security professionals “TeamNaija” will be representing the African continent at Washington, DC in this year’s Cyberlympics event. The team is made up of Wale Obadare (Digital Encode), Uchenna Aka (FirstBank), David Abolusoro (FirstBank), Rotimi Akinyele (BDO UAE), Bimbo Jaiyeola (Union bank) and the team captain Oluseyi Akindeinde (Digital Encode).

Global Cyberlympics is a hands on cyber security team game sport that brings together the best ethical hackers from around the world to compete in a series of Forensics, Penetration testing, Computer Network Defense, and Capture the Flag Challenges. This year’s competition was full of intrigues as the participants were given hardened systems to break into and other complex tasks to complete within limited time.

The teams had to go through 3 rounds while the number of teams proceeding to the next stage kept reducing until the end of the Final round where TeamNaija emerged first and another Nigerian Team Hawx came second. Judging was based on the speed at which systems were hacked, the number of vulnerabilities found and the techniques used to uncover them.

TeamNaija had competed in 2012 and represented the continent at the world Finals in Miami where they had a very good outing.
The team has since then, built capacity over the years to world standard with the ability to match the skills of the best in the field.
Among the 6 team members, they have over 50 IT Certifications which include CISSP, CCNP, OSCP, ISO 27001:LI, PCIP, PCI-ISA, SECURITY +, CSA, MSA, C|EH, E|CSA, L|PT, eCPPT, FBCS, ECSP, CHFI, CITP, CCNA,CCDP,CCIE(written),SNAA,QCS, ISO 20000:LA, ISO27001:LA, ISO 22301:LA, PCIQSA, COBIT 5 ASSESSOR, MCSE and CRISC, to mention a few.

A member of the team, Rotimi Akinyele, who currently works with BDO UAE, and consults for UAE government entities, said despite competing against the best-of-the-best in the whole world, the team was very confident of winning and returning as champions.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-b6IusK90CoY/Vfu408GuCwI/AAAAAAACs_w/uIXXmEu6rxc/s400/teamNaija2.png[/img]

Kudos to them, but my question is why use Photoshop to attach a face?
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by 53cur3m0d3(m): 8:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
Keneking:
Great
- no one from Zenith Bank
- no one from Google Nigeria
- no one from CWG
- no one from MTN
- no one from GLO
- no one from MainOne
- no one from Nairaland shocked

OP is on the list bro and he's a good ethical hacker. I guess you don't know who the OP is.

Ride on Slyr0x
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by IamAtribalist: 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
Once again these amala-eaters wanna be first in everything in this country. Out of seven they carry six and the remaining one was given to an akpu-eating flatthead. We need a national conference to determine how to restructure this country, so that amala eaters will not be taking everything from education, to music, to fashion, to banking and even eateries. How can we be a country of 260 tribes and yet out of 7 ambassadors 6 are from a SINGLE tribe?! What about the other tribes are we slaves in our own country? We need a moratorium on these amala-eaters and their akpu-eating flatthead 'enemies' in the East. Reduce their quota for all federal universities; impose a maximum number of banking jobs available to them; and much more. The Northern bokoharam animals had their opportunity to excel but those ones have consistently refused to take it - therefore, the said moratorium should apply to their suicide bombing a$$es also.

Its your tribalist

signing off.

God punish Shatani.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Solmax(m): 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
Teempakguy:
They most probably will lose.
Enemy of progress!!! people like U don't ever see any good in any situation.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by darichlife: 9:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
Hmmm. this are the kind of news that I look forward to not all those mbgn kind of IQ killing treads. we need more intellectual competition within our youths, something that challenges them to be better than who they are mentally, intelligence is beautiful and it's power to those who wields it.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by lonelydora: 10:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
And to think it's now I'm just learning Oracle.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 18, 2015
Solmax:

Enemy of progress!!!
people like U don't ever see any good in any situation.
oh really?
Why don't you try going through my posts before concluding? I'm actually more optimistic than you are.
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by maskid(m): 10:45pm On Sep 18, 2015
i knw dat Uchenna Akajiuba... cool dude. seasoned Hacker
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
MrsPhyno:
Honestly this is my dream.... If I wasn't in the biological sciences field... I love computers and hacking ish things so much since my childhood grin
Goodluck to them, fine boys grin
Why don't they have a girl on the team tho?
because all the available girls went to biological sciences instead. cheesy
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by XD3G: 11:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
efilefun:
Only those in love with IT and mostly people outside Nigeria will understand all those qualifications... That CCIE exam is suicidal, 6 straight hours Lab exam and the fee aint smiling. Great to see this people being recognized.

I stand to be corrected but with a CCIE certificate, you can NEVER NEVER and NEVER be unemployed.

This are certified ethical hackers and not those one's destroying the cyberspace. Anybody with ethical hacking certificates can easily be traced so you cant do thrash with your knowledge instead you are being employed as a security expert in top organizations that uses anything connected to the internet.

You so right mate. The CCIE exam is one tough exam. The written part costs about 600$ or thereabouts , while the Lab goes between 1400$ - 1500$. Now,it is quite rare to pass the exam at just a sitting! Aside from the Exam fees,you would still be required to pay for practice test questions or just register for a Boot Camp..about 8000$. You can never be unemployed as a CCIE...NEVER!!!
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by simdam500(m): 11:29pm On Sep 18, 2015
saintkel: Cos here is just a social network not hacking center
cheesy but don't you think if it's a bit of a hacking center, it will never fall like it once did
Re: Nigerians To Represent Africa At The Hacker Olympics by iguita: 11:36pm On Sep 18, 2015
I know two of them. They are ALL based here in Naija and nobi today them don dey shine for this competition. Them be overage sef, them suppose don disqualify them

My Brother no talk o...50 IT CERTIFICATES no be here o... are these guys in Nigeria or they were all Outside the country before now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Many Clients Have You Gotten From Your Web Development Ad On Nairaland? / My Job Hunting Experiences As A Junior Developer So Far / High Profile Twitter Accounts Hacked By Bitcoin Scammers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.