Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,358 members, 7,780,972 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:39 AM

Albinos - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Albinos (22544 Views)

Albinos Face Serious Discrimination In Africa, Says Albinism Network (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Albinos by Pidggin(f): 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2015
scholes0:

So, white people are disabled, because the very fair ones among them also burn easily in the hot African sun- and get freckles and dark spots?

I was about to ask the same question

1 Like

Re: Albinos by makahlj2: 3:46pm On Sep 24, 2015
scholes0:

So, white people are disabled, because the very fair ones among them also burn easily in the hot African sun- and get freckles and dark spots?
Indeed. they cannot thrive in Tropical Africa. In Northern Europe, however, they (and most Albinos) have no problems with the Sun.

2 Likes

Re: Albinos by Pidggin(f): 4:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
makahlj2:
Indeed. they cannot thrive in Tropical Africa. In Northern Europe, however, they (and most Albinos) have no problems with the Sun.

Interesting, are you a medical doctor? are Albinos are white genetically
Re: Albinos by makahlj2: 11:37am On Sep 25, 2015
Pidggin:

Interesting, are you a medical doctor? are Albinos are white genetically
No, I'm not a doctor. However, I have some knowledge in biology and genetics. And no, all albinos are not White, but all Whites have a set of mutations which are associated with certain types of Albinism in other races, therefore one could say that all Whites are Albinos, kind of. In fact, the Whites' ancestors most probably developed fair skin this way: some of them happened to be Albinos, with white skin, hair and eyes, but with good vision. These Albinos thrived under the dim Northern sun, and were actually more healthy than others due to increased production of vitamin D. Moreover, they were viewed as more attractive. So their genes prevailed and expanded their presence to the point where all current Whites are now descendants of that group of ancient Albinos, with the same traits.

1 Like

Re: Albinos by Pidggin(f): 12:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
makahlj2:
No, I'm not a doctor. However, I have some knowledge in biology and genetics. And no, all albinos are not White, but all Whites have a set of mutations which are associated with certain types of Albinism in other races, therefore one could say that all Whites are Albinos, kind of. In fact, the Whites' ancestors most probably developed fair skin this way: some of them happened to be Albinos, with white skin, hair and eyes, but with good vision. These Albinos thrived under the dim Northern sun, and were actually more healthy than others due to increased production of vitamin D. Moreover, they were viewed as more attractive. So their genes prevailed and expanded their presence to the point where all current Whites are now descendants of that group of ancient Albinos, with the same traits.

Interesting, tanx for the info. When you say white do you mean Caucasians alone, if so, i wonder were Arabs, Asians and latinos came from, also from black Albinos?

(1) (2) (Reply)

We Need To See More Hausa And Fulani Girls Representing Nigeria And In Nollywood / Oni Was A Chief Priest / Fulani Siddika Sanusi And Abubakar Umar Kurfi's Kamu Traditional Ceremony

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.