Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets (34524 Views)

The Number Of Private Jets Bishop Oyedepo Actually Owns - Leke Beecroft / Why Pastors Use Private Jets And A Question For OAP Freeze - By Ife Olaleye / "This Is Why Pastors Need Prayers" - Photo Of Lady At Church Event Trends Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 7:47am On Sep 18, 2015
With owning private jets being the new trend for Nigerian pastors at the moment, I keep wondering whether Jesus would agree to have one if He were in the shoes of these same pastors today. Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor, Bishop David Oyedepo, Enoch Adeboye and Pastor T.B. Joshua are Nigerian pastors reported to have private jets.

As a christian who believes a lot in humility, I disagree with the ownership of such luxurious vessels in the name of evangelism. Here are the reasons why I feel that private jets are not necessary for christian leaders;

1) Diplomats and International business executives manage travelling a lot without it; there are many jobs that require a lot of travel such as being a diplomat or an international aid worker or a top level executive of an international firm. A lot of people travel frequently and globally as part of their job without the aid of a private jet and so, why can’t pastors do the same? Some of the rich business executives probably travel more than these pastors. Even the pope doesn’t own a private jet, and he is responsible for all catholic churches across the world! Honestly, it is hard to muster up an excuse for a pastor’s private jet when even the pope doesn’t own one.

2) Private jets actually hamper evangelism by consuming more time, effort and money than a commercial flight; The time and effort needed to maintain a private jet and keep it running is ridiculous when one considers the fact that a commercial flight is a far cheaper and less tedious service to use for global evangelism. As a private jet owner, you will have to think about numerous issues such as the pilot’s fees and demands, the scheduling of the maintenance or repairs of the plane, and also the international restrictions/laws regarding the flight of the private jet. This means that a private jet owner will have less time to think about preaching the word of God because of all the time and effort spent on the private jet’s issues. A first class commercial flight will only involve buying your ticket online, checking in and then going early for your flight- isn’t that just easier?

3) Jesus rode on donkeys and not on chariots; horses and chariots were the highest level of transport in biblical times but Jesus chose to humbly enter the city of Jerusalem with a donkey in what we know as the triumphal entry in the New Testament. Conversely, we have pastors riding on the highest levels of transports in the form of private jets that reeks of the very materialism that Jesus speaks against in Matthew 6;24.

4) Private jets are bad for the Nigerian economy; private jets and planes in general are not manufactured in Nigeria and so, a lot of the repairs and maintenance will require importation of labour and spare parts from countries like the USA or Canada. This also means that lot of transactions will be done in thousands of Dollars, rather than our local Naira. One can imagine the exorbitant cost to the Nigerian private jet owner if he or she has to pay the pilots, technicians and mechanics in Dollars given that the exchange rate doesn’t favour the Naira. Should a church really contribute to this leakage to our economy?

5) Private jets do not help the image of Nigerian leaders; one has to consider the bad image our Nigerian leaders have in the eyes of the foreign press- flamboyant and corrupt people who care little for the suffering of their impoverished masses. A pastor owning a private jet worth millions of dollars while many of his church members struggle to survive everyday is not going to help such an image. Whatever happened to the John the Baptist type of preachers who lived a chaste life not corrupted by the illusions of vanity? I think some of our religious leaders should learn from Jose Mujica, a man who chose a simple life despite wielding so much power and influence as the president of Uruguay.

http://allnaijablog.com/5-reasons-why-pastors-do-not-need-private-jets

cc lalasticlala, guk, manny4life, reptyle

121 Likes 15 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Imortal001: 7:51am On Sep 18, 2015
Yes O, the greatest question is, where are they getting all this money to buy private jet? because i know that their salary plus anything cannot afford them private jet..
Our pastor's and politicians this days, are the most corrupt people in our society.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by madridguy(m): 7:53am On Sep 18, 2015
@ OP, if you like list 100 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets all I have to tell you is that " GO AND MAKE YOUR MONEY " and leave this men alone. If I have the money I will buy one for my Chief Imam too. We all need comfort. Both Prophet Isa/Jesus Christ ( PBUH ) and Prophet Mohammad ( PBUH ) laboured for us to enjoy. Jumat Mubaraq.

35 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by majamajic(m): 7:59am On Sep 18, 2015
Some even have upto 3 sef sad sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:00am On Sep 18, 2015
majamajic:
Some even have upto 3 sef sad sad

Are they reserving it for the holy trinity? Waste of money!

13 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by joseph1832(m): 8:01am On Sep 18, 2015
Unfortunately many of these christians will not see and consider this, many of them will still cheer and applaud their pastors.

Many of the members of this churches were their pastors own private jets are poor and unemployed, one might ask what these churches are doing to help ameliorate the suffering of their members.

I find it hard to believe that many are still blinded by this sham of a thing called religion, the sooner we get rid of this foreign disease we call religion, the better it is for us all.

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by olafum1(m): 8:02am On Sep 18, 2015
Pastors and jet this days is like Pastor and God o... A pastor without it should go for 1000days of fasting n prayer so as to be deemed to have God: sorry jet cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:02am On Sep 18, 2015
madridguy:
@ OP, if you like list 100 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets all I have to tell you is that " GO AND MAKE YOUR MONEY " and leave this men alone. If I have the money I will buy one for my Chief Imam too. We all need comfort. Both Prophet Isa/Jesus Christ ( PBUH ) and Prophet Mohammad ( PBUH ) laboured for us to enjoy. Jumat Mubaraq.

undecided

Yes, the op must be poor because he is criticising rich MOG's?

RECEIVE SENSE, BRO!!

46 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Karlovich: 8:03am On Sep 18, 2015
Their followers are not complaining, they enjoy every dose of religious opium they take.

9 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by jaymejate: 8:13am On Sep 18, 2015
Guy continue to be giving reason... Na you people go first talk if pastor de wear 1 shirt and treking.
When these pastors de hustle for life, where you de?

And mind you, Jesus became poor so we can be rich.
I just pity you, your father God for heaven no poor, he is glorious so you his son should be poor on earth abi, then what will you be preaching, who will listen to you?

#God remember me o.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:17am On Sep 18, 2015
jaymejate:
Guy continue to be giving reason... Na you people go first talk if pastor de wear 1 shirt and treking.
When these pastors de hustle for life, where you de?

And mind you, Jesus became poor so we can be rich.
I just pity you, your father God for heaven no poor, he is glorious so you his son should be poor on earth abi, then what will you be preaching, who will listen to you?

#God remember me o.

First, there is a difference between rich and wasteful. Private jets are a matter of waste.

Secondly, open your bible-

Matthew 6:24 New International Version (NIV)

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

They way you and your pastors chase money and luxury! Only Jesus can help you.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by menesheh(m): 8:18am On Sep 18, 2015
Multi billion dollar industry = church and god

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by jaymejate: 8:26am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

First, there is a difference between rich and wasteful. Private jets are a matter of waste.

Secondly, open your bible-

Matthew 6:24 New International Version (NIV)

24 “No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.

They way you and your pastors chase money and luxury! Only Jesus can help you.

you need more understanding of the Bible. because they have private jet doesn't mean they are serving money cos if u see who is really serving money, he would do anything to get it. Having a jet is not wasting resources, go to churches, u will know that they do help the poor and the needy but u cant continue giving them fish, u must teach them to fish and thats moving close to God that supplies all our needs according to his riches in Glory.

God will give u what you need with ease only if you serve him.
Bro think deep

17 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by johnydon22(m): 8:33am On Sep 18, 2015
menesheh:
Multi billion dollar industry = church and god
If the man of God is richer than the people he allegedly is serving, people should ask themselves.

"Is he here to help us or are we the one here to help him"

I have always noticed that pastors are constantly preaching to their followers about neglecting the wealth of this world and stacking up their riches in heaven.

But these pastors always has tons of money here on earth, isn't this enough to make someone wonder

"Does he really believe what he preach?"

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 8:42am On Sep 18, 2015
jaymejate:

you need more understanding of the Bible. because they have private jet doesn't mean they are serving money cos if u see who is really serving money, he would do anything to get it. Having a jet is not wasting resources, go to churches, u will know that they do help the poor and the needy but u cant continue giving them fish, u must teach them to fish and thats moving close to God that supplies all our needs according to his riches in Glory.

God will give u what you need with ease only if you serve him.
Bro think deep

Did God put you on earth for riches? undecided

10 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by spencerwilliams(m): 9:03am On Sep 18, 2015
Personally am not in full support of pastors,preachers contending with the world in its trends, maybe because mr A bought a car then I must buy a car by all means,buying a jet is not bad in itself, but i just feel it doesn't send the right message, and above all the MOTIVE OF ACTIONS, one can say"I bought this for the sake of the gospel" but within you, in that imward man, your conscience, was it really for the gospel sake? Remember the DESIRE,THE LOVE of money is the ROOT of all evil. This scripture was basically directed to men of God (1timothy 6:10-12) just read verse 11 it says "But thou, O man of God,FLEE these things....) But am not sayin men of God should be on rags,but carefulness is what is needed.God bless you.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by menesheh(m): 9:05am On Sep 18, 2015
johnydon22:

If the man of God is richer than the people he allegedly is serving, people should ask themselves.

"Is he here to help us or are the one here to help him"

I have always noticed that pastors are constantly preaching to their followers about neglecting the wealth of this world and stacking up their riches in heaven.

But these pastors always has tons of money here on earth, isn't this enough to make someone wonder

"Does he really believe what he preach?"

That's the peak of low judgemental intuition ingrained in our gene by our host through indoctrination process.

They care more of given their money to a person and forgot so easily the preaching of such person..

We all (both them) are aware of the those tricks but the fear of unknown and cognitive dissonance are taking toll on majority of human mind therefore deterring them from critically examining those con perpetrated on them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by jaymejate: 9:37am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Did God put you on earth for riches? undecided

hmm
1... Adam, God put him in the garden of Eden to enjoy the riches in it.
2... Abraham, the man of faith, he enjoyed the riches of this earth.
3... Joseph, after suffering like most of these pastors suffered, he became the governor(second in command) in Egypt. He have access to everything including private jets, if there is any at that time.
4... Solomon, that man came to this world to enjoy the riches of this world. He had what is even worth much more than a private jet.
5... E.T.C

God said, i know my thought towards you, it's the thought of good and not of evil, to give you an expected end. God cannot create you to come and suffer here on earth.
If you are calling God ur father and u serve him truely and poverty is dwelling with you, you need serious prayer.

Now the answer to your question, the primary thing (assignment) we have on this earth is to serve God and make heaven. Then you can't serve God and be stranded in life.

Leave this pastors alone, their refreshing time that God has promised has come be dat. Go and pray own way through to breakthrough

#think deep bro, dont be a partial atheist wink

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2015
jaymejate:

yes of course.
1... Adam, God put him in the garden of Eden to enjoy the riches in it.
2... Abraham, the man of faith, he enjoyed the riches this earth.
3... Joseph, after suffering like most of these pastors suffered, he became the governor(second in command) in Egypt. He have access to everything including private jets, if there is any at that time.
4... Solomon, that man came to this worls to enjoy the riches of this world. He had what is even worth much more than a private jet.
5... E.T.C

god said, i know thought toward you, it's the thought of good and not of evil, to give you an expected end. God cannot create to come and suffer here on earth.
If you are calling God ur father and u serve him truely and poverty is dwelling with you, you need serious prayer.

#think deep bro, dont be a partial atheist wink

It is funny how you never mentioned Jesus or the new testament. Do you only read half of the bible.

Jesus, our Lord and Saviour, lived a very humble life. He rode on a donkey and not a chariot with white horses. Jesus spent time with the poor and the sick.

John the baptist lived in the wilderness and ate natural food

21 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by jaymejate: 9:57am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

It is funny how you never mentioned Jesus or the new testament. Do you only read half of the bible.

Jesus, our Lord and Saviour, lived a very humble life. He rode on a donkey and not a chariot with white horses. Jesus spent time with the poor and the sick.

do you really know who Jesus is and why he was humble? If you do, then you will know that he his not to be compared with.

lalasticlala , guk
abeg come put this thing for front page, this guy no de gree. We need suggestions.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 9:58am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

You said Jesus lived a humble life, true!.

But you do agree he came to be our substitute in all things so He could take our curse and give us His blessings. So consider this scripture.

"2 Cor 8:9For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich."

Paul was talking of money there in that context.

So you guys should stop saying because Jesus was poor that means we should not be wealthy or pastors cannot live im wealth. Because that is against His plans. Just the same way He took our sins and gave us His righteousness.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by jaymejate: 10:03am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

do you know the destiny of John the baptist? God's plan 4 every1 is diff. John's destiny is to cry in the wilderness to prepare the way.

Jesus christ is to be humble, to become nobody so that he would be noticed with his miracles. You think if Jesus came to dis world buying jet, he would have time to die for you? So that's it, dont compare.
God's word to Isaac is diff, to Abraham is diff ( it's the word that is associated to earthly riches) and to Jesus is diff. God's word to these pastors, ask them first b4 shouting.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by jaymejate: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

But you do agree he came to be our substitute in all things so He could take our curse and give us His blessings. So consider this scripture.

"2 Cor 8:9For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sake He became poor, so that you through His poverty might become rich."

So you guys should stop saying because Jesus was poor that means we should not be wealthy. Because that is against His plans. Just the same way He took our sins and gave us His righteousness.

thank you Bro

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:08am On Sep 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

So you guys should stop saying because Jesus was poor that means we should not be wealthy. Because that is against His plans. Just the same way He took our sins and gave us His righteousness.

Paul was not talking about money there. Are you a Pharisee? Stop twisting scriptures for your own gain. Paul was talking about spiritual things and not physical money. He was talking about being rich in spirit and excelling in faith and grace. Read the whole chapter
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Corinthians+8-9

Money was never the goal of either Jesus or his disciple.

17 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:09am On Sep 18, 2015
jaymejate:

thank you Bro

grin grin birds of the same money-grabbing feather

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 10:11am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Paul was not talking about money there. Are you a Pharisee? Stop twisting scriptures for your own gain. Paul was talking about spiritual things and not physical money. He was talking about being rich in spirit and excelling in faith and grace. Read the whole chapter
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Corinthians+8-9

Money was never the goal of either Jesus or his disciple.

Yes he was talking of money. Why don't you grab your bible and read from verse 1. He was talking of giving there.

In fact the whole chapter was talking of money. Even to the next chapter.

Don't promote ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by jaymejate: 10:11am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

grin grin birds of the same money-grabbing feather
if i carry 1 jet give you, reject am o. smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:12am On Sep 18, 2015
jaymejate:

do you know the destiny of John the baptist? God's plan 4 every1 is diff. John's destiny is to cry in the wilderness to prepare the way.

Jesus christ is to be humble, to become nobody so that he would be noticed with his miracles. You think if Jesus came to dis world buying jet, he would have time to die for you? So that's it, dont compare.
God's word to Isaac is diff, to Abraham is diff ( it's the word that is associated to earthly riches) and to Jesus is diff. God's word to these pastors, ask them first b4 shouting.

So, it is God's plan for the pastors to be buying private jets abi? Nice one.

Nairaland won't kill me with slaves of daddy GO's

13 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by Jeromejnr(m): 10:14am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

So you are saying God doesn't want pastors to have private jets abi or He can't give them?
Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by AllNaijaBlogger(m): 10:17am On Sep 18, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Yes he was talking of money. Why don't you grab your bible and read from verse 1. He was talking of giving there.

In fact the whole chapter was talking of money.

Don't promote ignorance.

It is you and a whole generation of tithe-lovers that are spreading ignorance. Jesus was never rich. His earthly father was a carpenter.

Paul was not promising the people he was talking to riches in money but riches in spirit. When did God become a money doubler?

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why Pastors Do Not Need Private Jets by jaymejate: 10:18am On Sep 18, 2015
AllNaijaBlogger:

Hosea 4:6

no1 is slave to any1.
God is who i serve o.
Sha stay there giving reasons while every1 is moving on

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Winners’ Pastor Afolabi Samuel Jailed For Stealing Church’s $90,000, N4.5m / Joshua Iginla Visits Holy Sepulchre Where Jesus Was Crucified & Buried (pics) / Jesus Is Black: Not White

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.