Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches (1455 Views)

Can Pentecostal Churches Make Offerings Optional Like Jehovah's Witnesses? / Why I Quit Pentecostal Churches / "Pentecostal Pastors Are Marketers": Oladele Ogundipe Genesis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by ebamma(m): 9:08am On Sep 18, 2015
Attending one of this new wave pentecostal churches,

And listening to their sermons, will give you an inkling why their Pastors buy jets and live in opulence like the don't give a damn,

This pastors mention wealth, riches, prosperity, more than the mention compassion , forgiveness, honesty in their sermons.

This pastors create an atmosphere of pretence around their churches, that even a poor member will never voice out for help from the church, and might even be using the little help he gets outside the church to pay tithes,

so that he will not be left out of the heavenly blessings list, while his pastor is not patient enough to wait for heaven,

And rather starts receiving his here on earth.

Pastors sayings like

'he was poor so that you may be rich,

He suffered so that you may have peace,

God did not create any of us poor, our transgressions made us poor,
And other fancy sayings,

Create an utopia in the minds of their congregation,

That even the hungry will pretend that the are filled,

To show that God's work has started manifesting in their lives.

. There are still a few good churches out there who try

All their best to help poor members and spread the gospel without needing a private jet.

The Church of Christ is one church I admire in that regard,

In this church, the pastor is put on a salary and lives in a flat provided by the church,

Sick members get visitations from the church and an offering is done on their behalf to help them get treated in an hospital,

And days and set aside for evangelism.

Another church I admire too is the Jehovah's Witnesses,

Hate them or like them , Even with Oyedepo's private jet, he cannot cover the distance this guys have covered spreading the gospel,

This guys set aside days of the week, just to go out and evangelise,

Using the donations the receive to print religious tracts for onward distribution to people the evangelise to.

Religion is not a business,

And the church is not an industry,

And founding a church does not make you Bill Gates,

There are no dearth of people out there that need help,

And even if the don't worship in your church or don't even believe in your God,

Helping them is the Godly thing to do,

It's shameful that pastors now choose to live like Dangote, and expect us to be okay with it

4 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by Abbeyme: 9:17am On Sep 18, 2015
Good thoughts
Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2015
to be honest, OP is ....
Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 18, 2015
space booked.
Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by misreal(m): 8:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
ebamma:

And listening to their sermons, will give you an inkling why their Pastors buy jets and live in opulence like the don't give a damn,

This pastors mention wealth, riches, prosperity, more than the mention compassion , forgiveness, honesty in their sermons.

This pastors create an atmosphere of pretence around their churches, that even a poor member will never voice out for help from the church, and might even be using the little help he gets outside the church to pay tithes,

so that he will not be left out of the heavenly blessings list, while his pastor is not patient enough to wait for heaven,

Pastors sayings like

And other fancy sayings,

All their best to help poor members and spread the gospel without needing a private jet.

In this church, the pastor is put on a salary and lives in a flat provided by the church,

Sick members get visitations from the church and an offering is done on their behalf to help them get treated in an hospital,

Hate them or like them , Even with Oyedepo's private jet, he cannot cover the distance this guys have covered spreading the gospel,

Using the donations the receive to print religious tracts for onward distribution to people the evangelise to.

It's shameful that pastors now choose to live like Dangote, and expect us to be okay with it

and who says pastors don't help the poor? just because they don't do it at your house doesn't mean they don't do it. if you truly know God, you will know that it is not in your place to judge. no offence intended.
Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by Jeromejnr(m): 7:47am On Sep 19, 2015
misreal:
and who says pastors don't help the poor? just because they don't do it at your house doesn't mean they don't do it. if you truly know God, you will know that it is not in your place to judge. no offence intended.

I tire for some people o.

And again, with many lazy Christians in church who refuse to work or surrender their life to the Lord in order for God's blessings to come. People just expect the Pastor to become Father Christmas overnight to them.
Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by plaetton: 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2015
ebamma:

Pastors sayings like

And other fancy sayings,

This is why pentecostal christianity is a pestilence that destroys the moral character of our nation.
A scam that feeds on the basest, ugliest part of the human psyche.

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by blexxonmak(m): 2:01pm On Sep 19, 2015
BRIDE ASSEMBLY CHURCH @ Ijesha is another example of what the Church of Christ should be.
Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by blexxonmak(m): 2:09pm On Sep 19, 2015
They are the owners of BRIDE TV (12335V 27500) on Amos5/Ku @ 17E.I have not stopped since d day I stumbled on d channel.
Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by macof(m): 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2015
blexxonmak:
BRIDE ASSEMBLY CHURCH @ Ijesha is another example of what the Church of Christ should be.

Yeah advertise your church

It's afterall just another business enterprise

2 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by ebamma(m): 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
Jeromejnr:

And again, with many lazy Christians in church who refuse to work or surrender their life to the Lord in order for God's blessings to come. People just expect the Pastor to become Father Christmas overnight to them.
did you read what you just wrote?,

So only lazy people are poor?,

And surrendering your life to Christ is a ticket to the riches of this world?,

A person who claims to be a man of God, will be ashamed of living large off the tithes and offerings of his congregation,

You can't be using offerings people give out of the kindness of their hearts to invest in real estate and buy private jets and still claim to be following the teachings of Jesus Christ,

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by ebamma(m): 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2015
If you want to turn your church into a Plc, fine,

Just register it with the corporate affairs commission,

Tell your members that you are retailing heaven for a profit,

Declare your returns,

And start paying taxes

1 Like

Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by macof(m): 8:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Isn't a good pastor supposed to be a father Christmas
Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by Jeromejnr(m): 8:09pm On Sep 19, 2015
macof:

Isn't a good pastor supposed to be a father Christmas

Was Jesus a father christmas?
Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by Jeromejnr(m): 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2015
ebamma:
did you read what you just wrote?,

So only lazy people are poor?,

And surrendering your life to Christ is a ticket to the riches of this world?,

A person who claims to be a man of God, will be ashamed of living large off the tithes and offerings of his congregation,

You can't be using offerings people give out of the kindness of their hearts to invest in real estate and buy private jets and still claim to be following the teachings of Jesus Christ,

Yes, I read what I just wrote.

The fact is there are many lazy Christians who sit their ass all day drinking beer and doing all sorts of junks with the small money they have.

It's those kind of people you want the pastor to be freely giving money to everytime.
Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by ebamma(m): 8:12pm On Sep 19, 2015
plaetton:

This is why pentecostal christianity is a pestilence that destroys the moral character of our nation.
A scam that feeds on the basest, ugliest part of the human psyche.
you are on point boss,

The scam going on this churches is worse than yahoo,

Visit one of this churches on sunday, and the time the pastor smiles the most is during offering time,

You can't be threatening people with hell if the don't part with 10% of their salary every month, telling them that the have to give 10% of their earnings to God,

And when the pay up, you turn around to use that tithe money to live an opulent lifestyle,

Are you telling us that you are now God?,

This is what I call spiritual blackmail,

This guys deserve some jail time for this.

2 Likes

Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by macof(m): 8:14pm On Sep 19, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Was Jesus a father christmas?

Did jesus have any gifts that he didn't give out? The man was a poor fella
Your pastors however fly jets and own universities yet their gullible congregation keeps making them richer with absolutely no return
Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by ebamma(m): 8:25pm On Sep 19, 2015
Jeromejnr:

Yes, I read what I just wrote.

The fact is there are many lazy Christians who sit their ass all day drinking beer and doing all sorts of junks with the small money they have.

It's those kind of people you want the pastor to be freely giving money to everytime.
there are many people in need who don't drink with the little money the have bro,

Helping those in need is an obligation as a supposed man of God, not a choice
Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by Jeromejnr(m): 8:34pm On Sep 19, 2015
macof:

Did jesus have any gifts that he didn't give out? The man was a poor fella
Your pastors however fly jets and own universities yet their gullible congregation keeps making them richer with absolutely no return

Yes He did. The woman that poured costly ointment on him and a hypocrite that talked of giving to the poor what was Jesus reply to that?

The expensive robe He wore (that Jewish rabbis say was worn only by rich men at that time, that even soldiers casted lots for it) that was given to Him why didn't he reject it and instead sell it and give the money to the poor?

Own universities you say? You don't happen to have any leak of sense. Sorry!

Universities like Oral Roberts and even Covenant University for instance that I went to that God used to change my life to where I am today is what you are saying is a gullible idea?

With the satanic public schools we have now in U.S where did many christian students go if not those pastor owned schools that you said was a gullible idea.

Have you ever had to pastor up to a million people and also have meetings almost every week globally? If you've never experienced that, why don't you keep quiet.

I have noticed It's only poor folks that complain about Pastors and private Jets. Go make your own money and help the poor you are complaining about.
Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by Jeromejnr(m): 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2015
ebamma:
there are many people in need who don't drink with the little money the have bro,

Helping those in need is an obligation as a supposed man of God, not a choice

Yes! But have you been close to some of this men of God? Most people just sit at home and just assume things bro.

Pastors can't help everybody. I know how someone like Bishop Oyedepo spends much on the poor.

Jesus Himself didn't even help everybody.

BTW, remember what Jesus said to those that will work for Him:

"And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's, 30But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions;"

Notice He promised persecutions because of the blessings this people will receive.

So it's nothing new what is happening to this men of God now.

I mean with all the sacrifices and fastings and discomfort this people experience in order to be a blessing, will it be a light thing for them not to have something that could give them a little comfort? This men are humans for crying out loud.
Re: The Dearth Of Compassion In Pentecostal Churches by lastmessenger: 9:21pm On Sep 19, 2015
you were not there when he started the church and now his hustling is paying off and then you want him to be a father Christmas.

(1) (Reply)

Satanic Christians [must Read!!!] / The Inconsistent God. / Don't Despite Prophecy - Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.