Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,709 members, 7,805,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! - Career (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! (335685 Views)

Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / Medical Doctors In Residency Programmes In Nigeria / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by IdomaLikita: 6:38am On Dec 09, 2014
esosa4real:

I thought ireland uses PLAB as well since its under the UK! Or is this PRES their own exam??

its only northern ireland that is part of the UK! The republic of Ireland isn't! And dia exam is PRES! Consisting of 2 Stages! 1. Verification of Credentials 2. The Exam proper which covers Medicine,Surgery,O&G,Paediatrics and Psychiatry!
I learnt the questions follow the pattern we are used to down here hence they are easy! Also heard, with their Certificate, no need for residency in places like canada, u just write their fellowship exams!
The details are sketchy, that is why I have come here for advice from someone who has partaken in the program!
Also, I couldn't find a PRES Prometric center in Africa,
You could download their Handbook online to see for yourself!

Somebody please Help Ooooooo!
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by esosa4real(m): 7:34pm On Dec 10, 2014
IdomaLikita:

its only northern ireland that is part of the UK! The republic of Ireland isn't! And dia exam is PRES! Consisting of 2 Stages! 1. Verification of Credentials 2. The Exam proper which covers Medicine,Surgery,O&G,Paediatrics and Psychiatry!
I learnt the questions follow the pattern we are used to down here hence they are easy! Also heard, with their Certificate, no need for residency in places like canada, u just write their fellowship exams!
The details are sketchy, that is why I have come here for advice from someone who has partaken in the program!
Also, I couldn't find a PRES Prometric center in Africa,
You could download their Handbook online to see for yourself!

Somebody please Help Ooooooo!

Thanks, pls let's share info on this when we get any, I will try researching about it too, Godbless
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 12:36am On Dec 11, 2014
cool
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 11, 2014
Nice thread!

Anyone preparing for plab or already written? pls holla, let's rub mind.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Muta306: 10:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
Hello there! Nice thread and great things going on here, may God crown all your efforts. Am one of the new intakes for the MBBS program this year. Any advice from my ogas at the top would be highly appreciated as a fresher.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Cmanforall: 10:41pm On Dec 13, 2014
Muta306:
Hello there! Nice thread and great things going on here, may God crown all your efforts. Am one of the new intakes for the MBBS program this year. Any advice from my ogas at the top would be highly appreciated as a fresher.
*Attend Lectures/practicals/Clinics(all if possible);
*Take notes in class
*Prepare b4 each lecture(academically and mentally). Feeding well is a necessity;
*Join groups with positive thinking(like FECAMDS, NCCMDS or the Muslim Medical group);
*Limit unnecessary campus activities;
*Make good friends;
*Avoid sexual relationships if possible;
*Above ALL... BE CLOSE TO GOD.

I hope this helps... Other Drs can add theirs.
Wch Uni r you studying?
(No one advised me thus during my dayz)
I wish you ALL THE BEST.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Muta306: 8:47am On Dec 14, 2014
Cmanforall:

*Take notes in class
*Prepare b4 each lecture(academically and mentally). Feeding well is a necessity;
*Join groups with positive thinking(like FECAMDS, NCCMDS or the Muslim Medical group);
*Make good friends;

Wch Uni r you studying?
I wish you ALL THE BEST.

Wow! Thanks a lot sir, really an eye opener. May Allah reward you abundantly. Am at the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Thewhizzkid1(m): 11:45am On Dec 14, 2014
Cmanforall:

*Take notes in class
*Make good friends;

Wch Uni r you studying?
I wish you ALL THE BEST.
Sir as a fresher, is it important I start reading now b4 lectures start?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Cmanforall: 6:18pm On Dec 14, 2014
Thewhizzkid1:

Sir as a fresher, is it important I start reading now b4 lectures start?
As a fresher, most of your 1st year courses are physical/biological sciences like Biology, Physics, Chemistry and mathematics. Like a continuation of the O'level (say its A'Level). You will still do Use of English and other general studies.
If I get your question correctly; YES, it is important to start reading b4 lectures. It is important to pass all your 1st year courses so you don't have any unnecessary load added to your workload in the Basic Medical Sciences(Anatomy,Biochemistry and Physiology), which you'll start studying from 2nd year.
Try get some texts used in your Uni for these science courses and start studying them.
The way 'lectures' are given in Nigerian universities, esp for 1st yrs, is just to introduce the topics for you. You can be floating if you've never heard about such topics b4 lectures...
So start now to prepare. Good luck.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:02pm On Dec 14, 2014
Cmanforall:

As a fresher, most of your 1st year courses are physical/biological sciences like Biology, Physics, Chemistry and mathematics. Like a continuation of the O'level (say its A'Level). You will still do Use of English and other general studies.
If I get your question correctly; YES, it is important to start reading b4 lectures. It is important to pass all your 1st year courses so you don't have any unnecessary load added to your workload in the Basic Medical Sciences(Anatomy,Biochemistry and Physiology), which you'll start studying from 2nd year.
Try get some texts used in your Uni for these science courses and start studying them.
The way 'lectures' are given in Nigerian universities, esp for 1st yrs, is just to introduce the topics for you. You might be floating if you've never knew about such topics...
So start now to prepare. Good luck.
Thanks a lot sir. God bless u!!!

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medvic: 3:21pm On Dec 16, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Doclight(m): 8:52pm On Dec 16, 2014
WHich SCHOOL, SO THAT I GO JOIN U? I CUD UR AUNTY'S HELP U KNW
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by drken33(m): 10:53pm On Dec 16, 2014
please l really need help .l am look for any health institution in need of senior registrars in internal medicine in order to continue my program.Anyone with useful information can contact me on 08038657639 0r emosairen@gmail.com.thanks
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medvic: 12:35am On Dec 17, 2014
Doclight:
WHich SCHOOL, SO THAT I GO JOIN U? I CUD UR AUNTY'S HELP U KNW
As in, I can't get you. can u pls explain better....? tenx
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Doclight(m): 5:55am On Dec 17, 2014
Medvic:
As in, I can't get you. can u pls explain better....? tenx
WHICH SKUL DID U APPLY 4?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medvic: 10:42am On Dec 17, 2014
Doclight:
WHICH SKUL DID U APPLY 4?
I chose UNILORIN, and that's where I want to study medicine. Do knw any body dat can help me?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Doclight(m): 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2014
Medvic:

I chose UNILORIN, and that's where I want to study medicine. Do knw any body dat can help me?
BUT U JST SAID YOUR AUNTY IS UR HELP. MY ADVISE IS 4 U TO ACCEPT THAT BIO EDU AND STILL WRITE JAMB AGAIN IN ORDER TO WIDEN UR CHANCE
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medvic: 2:41pm On Dec 17, 2014
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medvic: 2:10am On Dec 18, 2014
Greetings Docs, please I really need your advice and help(if u can help).......
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by trendphemmy(m): 9:54am On Jan 02, 2015
I need a reading mate for uslme. we can talk on
phone, bbm, whatsapp. send each other questions.
ask for explanation. e.t.c.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by practicalclass: 6:35am On Jan 03, 2015
trendphemmy:

Hi. long time. Lost your contact. Please re-add me on bbm with my new pin in signature. thanks.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by tayoamos: 12:00pm On Jan 07, 2015
I am also preparing for uslme. Can we meet pls. My email drtaymos@yahoo.com, 08033861431

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by babajidemd: 10:42am On Jan 14, 2015
lordOM:
hi guys am looking for a study partner for USMLE STEP 1. someone that is focus and ready to ace it,you can mail me.looking forward to taking my step one 2015 sept.

There's a bbm group for Drs prepping for the exams, we also get tips from senior colleagues that have passed the exams

Email me if interested
dotunbabajide@gmail.com
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by babajidemd: 10:43am On Jan 14, 2015
trendphemmy:

There's a bbm group for Drs prepping for the exams, we also get tips from senior colleagues that have passed the exams

Email me if interested
dotunbabajide@gmail.com
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ceyrahtlk(f): 10:53am On Feb 19, 2015
Good day, I have been seeing doctors preparing for USMLE, PLAB etc on this thread. Are there doctors that opted to do phD in countries like Germany here? If so, pls, help a colleague. Thank you
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by kennl: 7:14pm On Feb 19, 2015
drlawizle:

Hello mate..finished same age as you..Great Ife things with a preference for O&G... but did you study in naija and can you hook me up on how you were able to ace the steps...i'm preparing for the step 1 and plan writing it October next year cos I dont want no screw ups @ol..thanx man.

Am preparing for usmle in October 2. Send me ur Bbm pin or whatsapp no, so we cld share ideas n info. kennewuk2@yahoo.com
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by theM16: 4:31pm On Feb 23, 2015
Please any1 has PP connect? Help a bro
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by kennl: 5:03pm On Feb 23, 2015
I'm looking for Pp in ogba/Ikeja/berger. I'm awaiting service in May, so its a temporary thing. Most places I have been want long term ish. Anyone with a contact of help..?? Sitting at home is dulling me..

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (67) (Reply)

Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House? / How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.