Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! - Career (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! (335830 Views)

Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / Medical Doctors In Residency Programmes In Nigeria / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by yomi007k(m): 6:35pm On Mar 04, 2018
Geesaintagape:
For goodness sake I'm a Dr n i have bn telling my friends dat we should b objective in our thinking. The country is hard 4 every profession let's keep away Dr this or that.
Go to town n cee sb with 2.1 grade running bike or keke to survive.
The situation is really bad n ugly.
Pharmacists hav turn store manager or saleboy

Pls by being objective, how do u mean? What shud we do? Give examples

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by grabAbargain: 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2018
Medical Doctor at Newgate Medical Service

Minimum Qualification

- An M.B.B.S or MBChB Degree from a reputable University
- Membership of the Nigerian Medical & Dental Association Of Nigeria is mandatory

Experience
Minimum of 3 years experience in medical practice

Required Skills
- Ultrasound & Surgical Skills are added advantage
- He/she must have initiative with excellent interpersonal and communication skills

Payment on an hourly rate. Must reside in or within proximity to Ikorodu

For more details and application link, visit http://www.bargainaira.com/jobs/

Follow us on Twitter for new, confirmed vacancies
https://twitter.com/Plumejobs
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by practicalclass: 8:29am On Mar 09, 2018
Hello everyone. This post is to provide info for some1 out there. (N.B: it may contain lots of shorthand. Pardon me)

In re: to writing USMLE, its doable and achievable but you must be prepared. Things to plan 4:

- Deciding when to write (it's best to write STEP 1 while still in Med School say after doing Path& Pharm). Though dis depends on availability of funds

- To start with, you need to register for ECFMG certification with $75, Step 1 is $910+ Surcharge fee if testing outside USA. These fees usually increases like every 2 years.

- Strategize ur studies. D curriculum is SLIGHTLY different 4rm Africa's Med Edu. (You know they see some non-tropical diseases).

- First Aid text is a must have as well as Qbanks. As you study, revise with Qbanks. D NBME Qbank is a strategic tool (U can practice the current ones online for a certain amount...either 1month subs, 3 month, etc.

-You can take Step 1 or 2 non-sequentially but note that Step 1 is bulky (days why you need to plan ur time).

- Build ur confidence with mastering of >80% of the exam content. Its possible as long as u lay ur hands on the right materials.

- If you have the money, you can get the Kaplan videos (Kaplan just takes it time to explain in details the exam materials e.g explaining in details how pressure changes in heart using Frank-Sterling or blood flow following Fick's principle. So the Kaplan videos are lengthy.)

- Their is a visa type specific for Immigrant Drs as long as you get ECFMG certified after passing Step 1&2. I think their is a special VISA to come write Step 2 CS too.

- Registering for the exams is pretty straight forward especially if ur med school is recognised by ECFMG. Most accredited Federal govt schools are and maybe one or two private schools. Its available on the ECFMG website. If the school is not yet recognised by ECFMG but accredited, you can still register #dont knw d steps though

All the best.

9 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 3:23pm On Mar 09, 2018
Oritna94:

Wow thanks bro. Honestly, I can't remember where I kept those doctor's assessments. But all the same you have given me an alternative. Please update us on your progress. Also I will love to contact you anytime I have a question if you don't mind. Thanks for the heads up once again.
No problem boss. You can send me a mail and I'll reply with my contact details. I'll try to answer any questions as soon as I can. Replies may not be immediate though...
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 3:28pm On Mar 09, 2018
Gr8amechi:
Wow am really speechless for all these hints you call it little?? Men if this is little then I wonder how much would be lol.
Thanks a lot, am very grateful will follow everything you have said Religiously, one more thing can I send you a pm? Also can I add you up on any social media, facebook, instagram or twitter?? Thanks Alot for your help so far
lol.. You're welcome boss. Sure, you can send a pm and I'll try to reply as soon as possible. Whatsapp is best for me. Just send a mail and we'll take it from there... smiley
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 3:36pm On Mar 09, 2018
practicalclass:
Hello everyone. This post is to provide info for some1 out there. (N.B: it may contain lots of shorthand. Pardon me)

In re: to writing USMLE, its doable and achievable but you must be prepared. Things to plan 4:

- Deciding when to write (it's best to write STEP 1 while still in Med School say after doing Path& Pharm). Though dis depends on availability of funds...
Nice! Thanks for the info practicalclass. Are you currently on this journey?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 3:50pm On Mar 09, 2018
basingstoke:
Thank you so much, I have been stuck on 6.5 for the reading and listening, I can not simply wrap my head around those two. I think the test especially the speaking is more difficult abroad than it is in Nigeria. Please if you do not mind, I will like to ask you further skills in the reading and listening, please I have sent you an email request. Will be glad if you can kindly respond to me. And thanks for the grammer correction
Uwc bro! Replied..
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 09, 2018
Hello guys I need urgent help in turning my life in the right direction. I'm a 300 level Law student but only did about a year of arts before applying for law. I initially started with sciences but due to some stupid reasons I switched to Arts.
I'll say it has always been my dream to become a medical doctor and I think I'm smart enough to achieve that dream even though it seems too late. Given that my WAEC is in arts subject and all my credentials shows I'm an arts student, is there any possibility of gaining admission to study medicine anywhere in the world. I don't mind if I need to take a foundation year to or something.
I'm really living an unfulfilled life right now and I need to get it back on track. Anyone that knows the steps I can take to make my dreams a reality should guide me, most especially if you know someone that has done this before. Be it Russia, Ukraine, Philippines, Cuba or any country, I'm ready to go. Thanks.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by practicalclass: 1:44am On Mar 10, 2018
Medic98:

Yes
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Gr8amechi: 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2018
DavidN6:
Hello guys I need urgent help in turning my life in the right direction. I'm a 300 level Law student but only did about a year of arts before applying for law. I initially started with sciences but due to some stupid reasons I switched to Arts.
I'll say it has always been my dream to become a medical doctor and I think I'm smart enough to achieve that dream even though it seems too late. Given that my WAEC is in arts subject and all my credentials shows I'm an arts student, is there any possibility of gaining admission to study medicine anywhere in the world. I don't mind if I need to take a foundation year to or something.
I'm really living an unfulfilled life right now and I need to get it back on track. Anyone that knows the steps I can take to make my dreams a reality should guide me, most especially if you know someone that has done this before. Be it Russia, Ukraine, Philippines, Cuba or any country, I'm ready to go. Thanks.
with what I know, you need to take another waec and get a minimum of 5 credits, if you are serious about what you are saying you can actually finish you law then before traveling out to study medical.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Gr8amechi: 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2018
Medic98:
No problem boss. You can send me a mail and I'll reply with my contact details. I'll try to answer any questions as soon as I can. Replies may not be immediate though...
chief I have sent you message to you email, but you yet to reply. Happy Sunday to you boss
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 9:25pm On Mar 11, 2018
practicalclass:

Yes
Ok. That's cool! From all that I've heard, the US pathway seems to be much more advantageous than that of the UK. More power to your elbow! I wish you all the best wink
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 9:31pm On Mar 11, 2018
Gr8amechi:
chief I have sent you message to you email, but you yet to reply. Happy Sunday to you boss
Happy Sunday chief! For some reason, my reply to your mail is not delivering. I have no idea why...
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Stallion93(m): 11:21pm On Mar 11, 2018
obuksjr:
Download telegram app, so I can add you to the group.
Please add me to the telegram group for plab exams 08187887448, It's of much importance for me and i'd be grateful
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Matinho: 11:38pm On Mar 11, 2018
I can help u with whatever u need to know.Materials and all if u interested! and of course foolproof way to ace it.

Medic98:
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Gr8amechi: 7:00am On Mar 12, 2018
Medic98:

Happy Sunday chief! For some reason, my reply to your mail is not delivering. I have no idea why...
okay boss, still expecting your mail then. How are you adapting hope you not over working yourself
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Areaboyfriend(m): 10:38pm On Mar 12, 2018
practicalclass:

- Deciding when to write (it's best to write STEP 1 while still in Med School say after doing Path& Pharm). Though dis depends on availability of funds

- To start with, you need to register for ECFMG certification with $75, Step 1 is $910+ Surcharge fee if testing outside USA. These fees usually increases like every 2 years.

- Strategize ur studies. D curriculum is SLIGHTLY different 4rm Africa's Med Edu. (You know they see some non-tropical diseases).

- First Aid text is a must have as well as Qbanks. As you study, revise with Qbanks. D NBME Qbank is a strategic tool (U can practice the current ones online for a certain amount...either 1month subs, 3 month, etc.

-You can take Step 1 or 2 non-sequentially but note that Step 1 is bulky (days why you need to plan ur time).

- Build ur confidence with mastering of >80% of the exam content. Its possible as long as u lay ur hands on the right materials.

- If you have the money, you can get the Kaplan videos (Kaplan just takes it time to explain in details the exam materials e.g explaining in details how pressure changes in heart using Frank-Sterling or blood flow following Fick's principle. So the Kaplan videos are lengthy.)

- Their is a visa type specific for Immigrant Drs as long as you get ECFMG certified after passing Step 1&2. I think their is a special VISA to come write Step 2 CS too.

- Registering for the exams is pretty straight forward especially if ur med school is recognised by ECFMG. Most accredited Federal govt schools are and maybe one or two private schools. Its available on the ECFMG website. If the school is not yet recognised by ECFMG but accredited, you can still register #dont knw d steps though

All the best.

Hello practical class, thanks for your info, I am currently in medical school, almost done with preclinicals and planning to write usmle before I graduate. I need a first hand direct info and communication with someone that has written the exam. Maybe a whatsap number for constant mentoring.
Thanks
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by sparkle2k3: 8:37pm On Mar 13, 2018
Hello colleagues.
Pls is there a telegram or WhatsApp group for Doctors migrating or recently migrating to Canada?

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 5:51am On Mar 14, 2018
practicalclass:

- Deciding when to write (it's best to write STEP 1 while still in Med School say after doing Path& Pharm). Though dis depends on aevailability of funds

All the best.
Good day pls answer urgently, i went to the USLME site and i saw that the step 1 exam is $610, so my question is pls can you give us a breakdown of how you came to the price of $910, pls what visa is needed for immigrating doctors, and if i need to do any english test like TOEFL before the USLME.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by MrBigiman: 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2018
funmisticqueen:
Good day pls answer urgently, i went to the USLME site and i saw that the step 1 exam is $610, so my question is pls can you give us a breakdown of how you came to the price of $910, pls what visa is needed for immigrating doctors, and if i need to do any english test like TOEFL before the USLME.

Don't leave me in this country. Marry me before writing USMLE
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 14, 2018
MrBigiman:

Don't leave me in this country. Marry me before writing USMLE
sorry o, but no

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by chichidbabe(f): 7:12pm On Mar 14, 2018
Wow! I'm really impress on how this forumworks. There is so much Love and people who are willing to help each other succeed. This is too amazing to be ignored. Keep up the good work everyone... By d way, just passing by sha!!! God Bless Nigeria Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by hagiosfemi(m): 1:30pm On Mar 18, 2018
Doctors, I am a med student and I wonder why MCQ que papers are retrieved from us after exam?

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by practicalclass: 4:45pm On Mar 18, 2018
funmisticqueen:

You must have checked the fees schedule for US trained medical students.
The site for IMG (International Medical Graduate) is different. Go to ECFMG site (ECFMG.org) and then navigate to usmle exams from their. You need to register first with ECFMG ($75 as at last check) and they will verify you before you can register for any exams.
You dont need TOFEL if you were trained in English and your school verifies your credentials in English. You might need TOFEL if you plan on doing Masters program (depending on school and program. Some schools require GRE)
All the best.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by practicalclass: 4:49pm On Mar 18, 2018
Areaboyfriend:

Hello practical class, thanks for your info, I am currently in medical school, almost done with preclinicals and planning to write usmle before I graduate. I need a first hand direct info and communication with someone that has written the exam. Maybe a whatsap number for constant mentoring.
Thanks

Please use the nairaland access to send me a PM. Will reach you through the PM. The bbm pin is still valid too.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Mar 18, 2018
DavidN6:
go write jamb and weac again, a year or 2 is enough to go over physics and chemistry... nd if u have money, apply to private university in Nigeria, Igbinedion has graduated 12sets of med docs, so i guess it's the ok. But. 3million per year.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by joan1678(m): 6:25am On Mar 19, 2018
Hello great doctors. I just discovered this thread. I am a third year medical student at University of Ibadan. MBBS to be precise.
Thanks for taking the time to still talk on nl and share useful info despite your busy schedule.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Areaboyfriend(m): 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2018
practicalclass:

Please use the nairaland access to send me a PM. Will reach you through the PM. The bbm pin is still valid too.
Sent!
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Medic98: 6:18am On Mar 21, 2018
Gr8amechi:
okay boss, still expecting your mail then. How are you adapting hope you not over working yourself
Hello bro, sorry for the late replies. Been overwhelmed with several activities over the past few days/weeks...
The e-mail keeps failing to deliver. We'd have to think of some other way to communicate...
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Gr8amechi: 3:55pm On Mar 21, 2018
Medic98:
Hello bro, sorry for the late replies. Been overwhelmed with several activities over the past few days/weeks...
The e-mail keeps failing to deliver. We'd have to think of some other way to communicate...
okay Bro. Maybe any of your social media you don't take too private, maybe your twitter or better still drop your email let me just inbox you directly, then I can add you up on facebook.
Once again congratulations greater heights, I look forward to following your steps

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (67) (Reply)

Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House? / How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.