Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! - Career (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! (335553 Views)

Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / Medical Doctors In Residency Programmes In Nigeria / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Damson22: 12:21pm On Apr 04, 2020
angiography:

There's no difference whatsoever. It's your license that takes preeminence and it's issued by a single government agency - the NMDCN...

Thank you sir
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Johannan: 5:11pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hello Drs..
Thank God I found a thread like this.. I ve been reading from page 1 and wondering where I have been.

I m a new medical graduate, currently awaiting House Job in Nigeria, however, this current covid 19 lockdown has seem to slow down the process at institutions I applied to.

Somehow. I really dont know what to do, Its been frustrating.

I ve tried reading..even attempted volunteering to fight covid19 grin

What can I do for now please?.. Exposure?.. I need your advice please.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by famzynet: 11:47pm On Apr 16, 2020
Johannan:
Hello Drs..
Thank God I found a thread like this.. I ve been reading from page 1 and wondering where I have been.

I m a new medical graduate, currently awaiting House Job in Nigeria, however, this current covid 19 lockdown has seem to slow down the process at institutions I applied to.

Somehow. I really dont know what to do, Its been frustrating.

I ve tried reading..even attempted volunteering to fight covid19 grin

What can I do for now please?.. Exposure?.. I need your advice please.

It is quite unfortunate that you are in Nigeria where our leaders are useless and things don't move forward. Many developed countries are already engaging their medical students in the fight against covid 19 let alone a graduate like you. Well, welcome to the reality in Nigeria.

Well,my advice to you is this. Those NCDC will hardly take you because we are in a country where you have to know someone to get a job. Besides they may want to put criteria like NYSC for one to apply( you see how backward your country is?)
Seek private hospitals that may engage your services.They may pay you peanut since you have not done housemanship. But better to earn little than nothing. Your location may aid this . Easier in places like Lagos.Just look for private hospitals and tell them you would like to get involved and bargain with them little stuff they can pay you. Don't do it for nothing because most of them will want to take advantage of you,telling you that you should learn first. What did they think you spent at least 6 years doing in medical school? Just thank them and leave if they won't give you small choppingson to cover your transport and pocket money.
More importantly,you need to start studying to leave this country. Get materials and read for foreign exams. You can plan to relocate to Saudi Arabia,Omar,Australia,UK,USA,Ireland,New Zealand , just anywhere provided it is not Nigeria.
There is nothing for you as a doctor in Nigeria.
Just my opinion anyway.

9 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by TONYE001(m): 8:22am On Apr 18, 2020
famzynet:

It is quite unfortunate that you are in Nigeria where our leaders are useless and things don't move forward. Many developed countries are already engaging their medical students in the fight against covid 19 let alone a graduate like you. Well, welcome to the reality in Nigeria.

Well,my advice to you is this. Those NCDC will hardly take you because we are in a country where you have to know someone to get a job. Besides they may want to put criteria like NYSC for one to apply( you see how backward your country is?)
Seek private hospitals that may engage your services.They may pay you peanut since you have not done housemanship. But better to earn little than nothing. Your location may aid this . Easier in places like Lagos.Just look for private hospitals and tell them you would like to get involved and bargain with them little stuff they can pay you. Don't do it for nothing because most of them will want to take advantage of you,telling you that you should learn first. What did they think you spent at least 6 years doing in medical school? Just thank them and leave if they won't give you small choppingson to cover your transport and pocket money.
More importantly,you need to start studying to leave this country. Get materials and read for foreign exams. You can plan to relocate to Saudi Arabia,Omar,Australia,UK,USA,Ireland,New Zealand , just anywhere provided it is not Nigeria.
Just my opinion anyway.

Though this response isn't for me but it hit me hard!

Thank you sir.

I'm a 500 level medical student, married, father of two. Everyday, I mean, everyday I wake up and go for lectures or posting, my thought always fall on how I'd leave this place and give my wife and kids a better chance at life.

I keep working hard and waiting (patiently?) for the day I'd pass my final exam.

Again, thank you, chief, for this!

4 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Damson22: 9:16am On Apr 18, 2020
Pls is there any olabisi onabanjo university (OOU) mbbs graduate here, pls signify

Wanna ask something
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Damson22: 10:54am On Apr 19, 2020
Doc. In the house, is it possible to do direct entry (DE) from MLS to mbbs. And if possible what level will one start from?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by hagiosfemi(m): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2020
Damson22:
Doc. In the house, is it possible to do direct entry (DE) from MLS to mbbs. And if possible what level will one stgart from?
Yes, 200 level
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by hagiosfemi(m): 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
Damson22:
Pls is there any olabisi onabanjo university (OOU) mbbs graduate here, pls signify

Wanna ask something
I m a medical there, penultimate year

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Damson22: 7:29pm On Apr 19, 2020
hagiosfemi:

I m a medical there, penultimate year

Pls boss, like how much one should be prepared for 100L for all the fee
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by hagiosfemi(m): 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2020
Damson22:

Pls boss, like how much one should be prepared for 100L for all the fee
U should have at least 220,000 naira for acceptance fee plus school fees
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Johannan: 8:45am On Apr 22, 2020
famzynet:

Just my opinion anyway.

Thanks so much for this.
I ll look out for a place like that, I m in Lagos too.
Also, I m already preparing for Ielts, (I wont mind any ideas/advice on this)
and plab subsequently.
On Volunteering,.. I got a feedback from an NGO to join the workforce at a satelite makeshift hospital.
and this question keep rolling slides is my head..
"is Nigeria really worth it"?

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Smartphelz: 8:18am On Apr 29, 2020
Good morning, please I would like to find out when military interns usually start their housejob.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Lecturebidz(m): 7:27pm On May 05, 2020
lilchris04:
Morning Drs. Should I say I'm lucky to have come by this thread? Well, definately! Although I'm not yet a Dr. By God's grace I will resume in OAU next year to study Medicine as an 100 level undergrad. Some people are asking themselves: "But cut off marks are yet to be released talk more of admission list". I know that my God has done it already. I've been reading this thread and it's really good. I don't mind getting pieces of advice from you all and, most especially, I crave meeting any one who studied/is still studying Medicine in OAU, Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria. (Some people may not know where OAU is located). God bless you all!
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by GHomologue(m): 11:56am On May 08, 2020
please help a brother...pls i would like to join a PLAB or USMLE whatsapp group...really need it badly?
my number is 08163105857
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 9:16am On May 12, 2020
good day docs and med student alike
please i want to sincerly know how possible it is for one to switch to MBBS after BDS because in my university i have never heard anybody too that path.i am almost done with BDS
ps: i also learnt relocating abroad as a dentist is way harder and expensive compared to a medical doctor
thanks in anticipation for you candid response
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by horpeyemmi66(m): 10:54am On May 12, 2020
Smartmed:
good day docs and med student alike
please i want to sincerly know how possible it is for one to switch to MBBS after BDS because in my university i have never heard anybody too that path.i am almost done with BDS
ps: i also learnt relocating abroad as a dentist is way harder and expensive compared to a medical doctor
thanks in anticipation for you candid response
Although this is by hearsay, I heard it's possible you get an MBBS after getting BDS by going back to Medical School and completing the modules for 500L and 600L.

Whether or not your degree in Dental Surgery would be nulled I can't say for sure. I want to tend towards the thought that it shouldn't, given the fact that there are Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons with dual qualifications.

Below is an excerpt from the Obafemi Awolowo University's Faculty of Dentistry's Handbook. I suppose the opposite of what is stated should be possible as is with you.

Why do you want to switch?

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 12, 2020
horpeyemmi66:

Although this is by hearsay, I heard it's possible you get an MBBS after getting BDS by going back to Medical School and completing the modules for 500L and 600L.

Whether or not your degree in Dental Surgery would be nulled I can't say for sure. I want to tend towards the thought that it shouldn't, given the fact that there are Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons with dual qualifications.

Below is an excerpt from the Obafemi Awolowo University's Faculty of Dentistry's Handbook. I suppose the opposite of what is stated should be possible as is with you.

Why do you want to switch?
thanks for the reply
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by KINGJAJA888(m): 4:49pm On May 12, 2020
Good Day House grin

Please what's the best Country to relocate to as a Radiographer
Nd what are my chances of success cry
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by famzynet: 5:37pm On May 12, 2020
KINGJAJA888:
Good Day House grin

Please what's the best Country to relocate to as a Radiographer
Nd what are my chances of success cry

Radiographers are in high demand in most countries. Bros,your chance of success outside Nigeria is better than your chance in Nigeria. I don't know which country is the best for you. But I hope you know that the best for you may not be the easiest.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ukay2: 7:16pm On May 12, 2020
famzynet:

Radiographers are in high demand in most countries. Bros,your chance of success outside Nigeria is better than your chance in Nigeria. I don't know which country is the best for you. But I hope you know that the best for you may not be the easiest.

Oga Famzynet, please accept my PM.

Thanks.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by famzynet: 8:33pm On May 12, 2020
ukay2:

Oga Famzynet, please accept my PM.

Thanks.

I honestly don't know how this nairaland PM works.
How may I help?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by KINGJAJA888(m): 11:40pm On May 12, 2020
famzynet:

Wow. wish I knew d country I'll go to practice and make a livelihood crywouldn't want to practice my Radiography career in nigeria cry

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by IRWSBE: 7:03am On May 19, 2020
On the world directory of medical school website. ECFMG wasn't listed as a sponsor of the school. Could this due to the partial accreditation of the school, or what. Please, kindly respond.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Ro2sheeda: 12:28pm On May 19, 2020
Hello cheifs...pls is there anyone that have tried to cross over to the UK from Saudi Arabia via the plab route or the USA via the USMLE route...I mean while working as a doc in KSA...how easy was it? How were you able to go abt it? Pls can you share ur experience and how to went abt it to me..Thanks
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Girliving: 9:16pm On May 23, 2020
famzynet:

I may just assist to answer some of your questions to the best of my knowledge.
It will be better you finish writing your final year exams before writing PLAB so that you don't get distracted. You can start the English language test in your final year if you have the resources but better to leave all processes till after passing final MBBS exam. Your housmanship will assist in the necessary funds for the journey. Besides you can write all exams in one year if you have the resources and energy to study.
You can relocate your family immediately you get a job after passing Plab. It all depends on your finances.
It is easier to relocate to Australia with UK experience than with Nigerian experience.
Maybe some other persons can talk about your wife's chances.
I can only advise you on one thing. Leave this country as soon as you can and never listen to people who say you will make it in Nigeria as a doctor. The practice in Nigeria is a waste of time and talents.Besides,Nigeria has no plan for their present or future doctors.

Thank you so much for this. Please, with the current covid-19 issues at hand, is it possible that the plab1 exams slated for June will still hold?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by famzynet: 11:05pm On May 23, 2020
Girliving:

Thank you so much for this. Please, with the current covid-19 issues at hand, is it possible that the plab1 exams slated for June will still hold?
No one knows for now. Likely to hold if the date is June ending. Most activities start in June.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by sanchex1: 11:26pm On May 23, 2020
Don't really know wat to say ..I'm a 200 level medical student
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by drskyfly007(m): 8:37am On May 24, 2020
Ro2sheeda:
Hello cheifs...pls is there anyone that have tried to cross over to the UK from Saudi Arabia via the plab route or the USA via the USMLE route...I mean while working as a doc in KSA...how easy was it? How were you able to go abt it? Pls can you share ur experience and how to went abt it to me..Thanks
Are you presently in Saudi Arabia? Please what link did you use...Thanks
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Ro2sheeda: 10:11am On May 26, 2020
drskyfly007:
Are you presently in Saudi Arabia? Please what link did you use...Thanks

No..I'm not. You go through the recruitment agents
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by drskyfly007(m): 11:23am On May 26, 2020
Ro2sheeda:

No..I'm not. You go through the recruitment agents
can u pls recommend any recruitment agent.Thanx
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Ro2sheeda: 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2020
drskyfly007:
can u pls recommend any recruitment agent.Thanx
Meed consultant, onyva, mohiya, successlink, just be at alert , they usually come to recruit every year...last was February

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by drskyfly007(m): 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ro2sheeda:

Meed consultant, onyva, mohiya, successlink, just be at alert , they usually come to recruit every year...last was February
Thank you so much

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (67) (Reply)

Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House? / How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.