Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News (56311 Views)

Senate President, Saraki, Reads Ministerial List: LIVE ON TVC / Diezani Alison-Madueke Released On Bail - TVC News / HID Awolowo Dies At 99, Praying For Her Children. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 19, 2015
wow.... She don try
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Cooljoe1(m): 5:48pm On Sep 19, 2015
embarassed embarassed Adieu,on the other side tell Pa Awo how the situation be for Naija
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by cybertyrant(m): 5:51pm On Sep 19, 2015
Who is talking ?
U need to work on ur height
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by ahaz: 5:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
McCarlito:
Awwww she would've waited one more year na make she clock 100
Choi!! Death u're wicked
angry angry angry angry
no she go live forever.or u think say here husband no regret the rat poision....rip sha

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Excelento(m): 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2015
May her Soul rest in Peace Adieu Mama
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by chris4gold(m): 5:55pm On Sep 19, 2015
Halleluyah...
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by wristbangle: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
Heya. Finally. Mama left this sinful world

cry cry cry
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by tupacshakur(m): 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
RIP Mama Awolowo!

Your husband is the reason the country's best universities are located in the south west region.

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by aigbecity2000: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
okolochyke:
RIP to a Great Woman
The Yoruba nation will forever remember you
Sun Re O
RIP
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Imokay: 5:56pm On Sep 19, 2015
He took a second wife i think.......
superstar1:

Who was the wife of Zik? I am sure she was so inconsequential that nobody even remembers her name.
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by kingjosephat(m): 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2015
R.I.P
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by helphelp: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
Oku oloti ni yen
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by johnserek: 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
RIP MAMA OF YORUBAS
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by abiolablessing(f): 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
I pray may your soul find rest in the bosom of Almighty God.Rest in peace ma
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by kaaluv(m): 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
R.I.P. Mama...may God grant you eternal rest. Nigerians are grateful for your exemplary leadership, your legacy will forever be appreciated. Adieu
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Profitsng(m): 5:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
R.I.P
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by funkybully(f): 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2015
I won't behave like yolobastards that insulted the great ikemba and prof Achebe at death.

It is not in our culture to speak ill of d dead.

RIP Mama Awolowo, though I hate Ur husband with passion

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by superstar1(m): 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2015
Imokay:
He took a second wife i think.......

Yes he did.

Both of them were inconsequential. The combination of both wives cannot lace the shoes of Mama HID.

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Nobody: 6:00pm On Sep 19, 2015
R.I.P mama.... Regards to My dad ... tell him I miss him
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by dataland: 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2015
Rip
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by MosesEzekiel: 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2015
May her soul rest in peace.mama Awo

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by babafirst(m): 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2015
RIP great Mama.
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by dammytosh: 6:02pm On Sep 19, 2015
RIP MAMA
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by funkybully(f): 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2015
superstar1:

Yes he did.

Both of them were inconsequential. The combination of both wives cannot lace the shoes of Mama HID.

Fool

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Lakayanah: 6:03pm On Sep 19, 2015
People didn't expect her to even last a year after he husband's death because they were too close. But lasted almost 30 years after him. Rest in peace mama.

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by TonyeBarcanista(m): 6:05pm On Sep 19, 2015
RIP Sisi
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by zudozz: 6:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
Her late husband is known 2 b d idea behind cutting off food from Biafrans during d civil war. Make she greet am 4 us oooh

Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by Nobody: 6:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
Which means that VP would be busy this period embarassed

- RIP Mama
Re: BREAKING: H.I.D Awolowo Dies At 99 -- TVC Breaking News by tupacshakur(m): 6:06pm On Sep 19, 2015
funkybully:
I won't behave like yolobastards that insulted the great ikemba and prof Achebe at death.

It is not in our culture to speak ill of d dead.

RIP Mama Awolowo, though I hate Ur husband with passion

Which one dey pain you pass?

The 20 pounds policy or the starvation policy? Please, let me know so I can give you valid justifications for them.

Well, I leave with you with these quotes by the "Greatest" Igbo man that ever lived:

"As a leader of the modern cast, Awolowo has left Nigeria standards which are indelible, standards beside which future aspirants to public leadership can be eternally measured. He was firm, articulate, painstaking, and uncompromising. He was, for a long time, the only Nigerian leader who enunciated principles and played down personalities. He was a brilliant political administrator and a most erudite teacher. He not only identified himself wholly with the aspirations of the Yoruba people of Nigeria but also he was able to convince the Yoruba people of Nigeria that he and only he epitomized the highest point of their political aspirations and consciousness. He was loved, he was feared but above all he belonged to the people he professed to lead. At his death I had the singular honour of proposing for him the epitaph that has endured – ‘he was the best President that Nigeria never had’..."

- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (1987)

"Awolowo was a leader of great Stature. He was a Leader who was eminently successful. That he did not fulfill a presidential ambition cannot detract from his leadership, and us, poor us, who were not his people, must continue, to regret that our own leaders (Nnamdi Azikiwe, Michael Okpara) had not led us as he did his people or achieved for us as he did for his people..."

- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu (Because I am involved - 1998)

19 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Schools To Be Commissioned By Dino Melaye Burnt In Kogi. Photos / Workers' Salaries: States And Number Of Months They Owe - Vanguard (snapshot) / Akeredolu: I'm Shocked Akure People Didn't Vote For Me; My Deputy Was A Snake