Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,306 members, 7,780,724 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:45 PM

Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… (7337 Views)

Injoo One 3g Hd Battery Needed!!! / Did You Brick Ur Innjoo One 3g Due To The Defective Lollipop Upgrade? Check Here / How To Upgrade Innjoo ONE 3G To Lollipop 5.1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by TechsNG: 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2015
Couple of days back, Innjoo Announced that android 5.1 lollipop OS is now available for the Innjoo One 3G HD smartphone which we graciously announced on this platform.

The OEM also added that the update is only for the 3G HD version adding that the update for 4G version will be available in October.

While this seemed as a really good thing owing to the fact that most people have been anxiously waiting for the lollipop update on their Innjoo smartphone, it’s really sad to realize that the update is still in beta and Innjoo didn’t deem it fit to warn users about the dangers involved.

Following the post where we talked on the new OS update for the Innjoo one, i have been receiving comments and calls not to be thanked but instead, to get complains of one issue or the other.

Kelsric had earlier posted a comment which reads thus:

I have already updated mine to 5.1 and shock on me! lots and lots of blotware! I have really never understood how a company accepts third party applications that have ads to be system apps! I need to root this phone, unfortunately Kingo app failed rooting this phone’s android 5.1, I had used it to root my previous 4.4 but it has failed on 5.1, anyone with options? if not I really wouldn’t advise anyone who has a rooted 4.4 to go 5.1 on this phone.

Earlier today, i got a call from a reader who stated that although the flashing process was smooth, the battery drained on the device after using it for a while and when it was plugged into a power outlet with the intention of charging it, it refused charging. All efforts to reverting the OS back to android 4.4 KitKat proved abortive as the PC couldn’t even recognize the phone.

Unfortunately, we do not currently own the Innjoo one device hence we cannot provide any form of support as we have constantly been doing for Infinix devices.

So, in other to stay on the safer side, please do not upgrade your Innjoo one android phone to android 5.1 lollipop just yet until it has been fully certified that it is safe to do so. We honestly wouldn’t want you saying ‘Oh had I know’ neither would we want to hear stories that touch. Thank you...

Source: http://www.techsng.com/2015/09/do-not-upgrade-innjoo-one-3g-hd-android-5-1-yet.html
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by CertifiedSamuel: 6:29pm On Sep 19, 2015
CC: lalasticlala
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by callydon(m): 8:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
hmmmmmm....
This isn't fair at all, all these OEM's trying to form big boys when they can't build android 5.0 OS
IN CASE U FIND URSELF IN THIS KIND OF ISSUE OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT HEAD OVER TO MY SIGNATURE LET'S SOLVE IT TOGETHER.
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by Nobody: 11:18pm On Sep 19, 2015
I've upgraded mine and its really making sense. Infact i think the battery power has increased and i'm having a good user experience.

though i've not been able to root it, but i'm currently using glo bis on it

Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by Nobody: 11:47pm On Sep 19, 2015
more screenshots

Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by buchisom1(m): 12:56am On Sep 20, 2015
Can anybdy help on how to unroot ny innjoo one...i really want to upgrade to 5.1
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by henry007(m): 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
with every smartphone update, expect the worst. That's the only way you would enjoy it.

1 Like

Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by 9jizzy(m): 11:48pm On Dec 17, 2015
I hope this has been rectified cos I'm planning on upgrading mine now through the pop up system update
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 21, 2015
exhibition, please how did you upgrade your innjoo one os, the shit is giving me problems, I tried downloading the zip file on a laptop, the laptop crashed, I downloaded it on my phone and tried to send it to another laptop, it didn't work, abeg help a brother
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by kimmwas: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2015
I have upgraded my innjoo one handset to android version 5.1 about 10 hours ago . I am shocked that it is no longer recognized by my pc and takes usb connection as a charging option ..please help me out
cry cry cry cry
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by lawrenceunaa: 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2015
Rocking lollipop on infinix hotx507

Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 27, 2015
danyel09:
exhibition, please how did you upgrade your innjoo one os, the shit is giving me problems, I tried downloading the zip file on a laptop, the laptop crashed, I downloaded it on my phone and tried to send it to another laptop, it didn't work, abeg help a brother

I used laptop. Sp Flash tools
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 27, 2015
exhibition:

Thanks man
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 27, 2015
exhibition:

the problem I always encounter is the (double click me to install Rom flashing drive.bat), anytime I double click it, the stuff does not install, and it'll always fail instead of the success message am meant to receive. If I install this SP flash tool, will it resolve this problem ?
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2015
danyel09:
the problem I always encounter is the (double click me to install Rom flashing drive.bat), anytime I double click it, the stuff does not install, and it'll always fail instead of the success message am meant to receive. If I install this SP flash tool, will it resolve this problem ?

Google online for how to install mtk drivers for the windows you are using
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by kimmwas: 4:17pm On Dec 28, 2015
GUYS! I got new information on the the upgrade my innjoo one handset just became fully functional ,it is now recognizable by my pc. i dont know what happened but i just went to google and updated some app ,android system webview and it now recognizes usb connection..am not sure though if it the apps doing
cool
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by kimmwas: 4:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
danyel09 i think i experienced the same problem. mine kept saying something about "earlier windows NT" .Is this your case?
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2015
exhibition:

Google online for how to install mtk drivers for the windows you are using
ok man
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2015
kimmwas:
danyel09 i think i experienced the same problem. mine kept saying something about "earlier windows NT" .Is this your case?
its not installing but thanks man, I will try exhibition's advice
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by kimmwas: 6:43am On Jan 01, 2016
guys I think I found a way to root innjoo 3g lollipop...but I haven't done it yet . the process and requirements are given in the following website, www.incpak.com. I have never rooted my smartphone before, would anyone who's ever rooted innjoo one 3g 4.4 tell me of the dangers
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by Jtmanager(m): 10:40am On Jan 26, 2016
After taking your facts into consideration I go upgrade my phone.
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by freedj: 1:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
please i need your help. My Innjoo One automatically downloaded an update for Version 4.4. as i attempted to install the update, at the end i got an error message. after that, when i tried to reboot my phone it shows android is upgrading and remains on "optimizing app 1 of 84" lyk forever!!! Please help if you could. thank you.
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by chidex167: 8:11am On Mar 05, 2016
exhibition:
more screenshots

Did you do the update yourself?
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by Mecuzy81(m): 6:52am On May 22, 2016
Pls OP I want to knw if it very safe now to upgrade my innjoo one to 5.1 lollipop..
Re: Note : Do Not Upgrade Your Innjoo One 3G HD To Android 5.1 Yet, I Repeat… by Nobody: 1:03am On May 24, 2016
exhibition, I noticed something after the lollipop upgrade, unlike before when the storage was kinda together and you can download games and 3rd party installation like FIFA 14 (the obb stuff), after the upgrade, the storage type changed and you can't do all those stuff again, infact some apps don't download even when you're using play store. Any solution ?

(1) (Reply)

Just Upgraded My Infinx Note 4 To Version 8.0 Tonight See Photo / close this acct seun / Best Wallpaper Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.