Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

Is Ford Escape A Good Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Ford Escape A Good Car (15891 Views)

Angry Driver On Revenge Mission Flips Ford Escape SUV As He Tries To Hit A BMW / Is Ford Escape 08, 09 Series Good? / Is Ford Edge A Good Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by daxlasaint(m): 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2015
shullamite:
Hello gurus in the house, pls I need advice on ford escape 2002 model, both neat nigerian used or tokumbor. What are the chalenges with the car, is it a user friendly car I.e fuel consumption, spare parts, resale value and any other info. Pls reply with good reasons.

DO not,I repeat Do not buy that car... it's sweeet to drive but he'll to maintain. I should. Know. Cos I own one and it's currently. Sitting in the garage like it has. For the last 4 months due to gearbox break down that didn't even give 5 minutes notice bfre happening. Off course the gear box only packed up after hundreds of thousands spent in less than one year fixing issues. That kept creeping up and reoccurring with regularity

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by kingreign(m): 9:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
daxlasaint:

DO not,I repeat Do not buy that car... it's sweeet to drive but he'll to maintain. I should. Know. Cos I own one and it's currently. Sitting in the garage like it has. For the last 4 months due to gearbox break down that didn't even give 5 minutes notice bfre happening. Off course the gear box only packed up after hundreds of thousands spent in less than one year fixing issues. That kept creeping up and reoccurring with regularity

Tell him o, abeg tell him o....
No mind that blind brainless dumb he-goat @ pato or pest or whatever he calls himself that's trying to downplay the evil side so that OP will fall into evil financial pit and his enemies will start laughing at him

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by daxlasaint(m): 9:22pm On Sep 20, 2015
kingreign:

No mind that blind brainless dumb he-goat @ pato or pest or whatever he calls himself that's trying to downplay the evil side so that OP will fall into evil financial pit and his enemies will start laughing at him

LOL... Mehn I sharply ran back to my Honda accord o... I nor fit shout o!

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
daxlasaint:

LOL... Mehn I sharply ran back to my Honda accord o... I nor fit shout o!

Smart man

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 9:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
kingreign:

I don't understand how someone could wish someone harm by wishing them such a bad car.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chucky234(m): 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

In what country or realm is the Ford Fusion the best selling car? It's definitely not the best selling car in America. That goes to the Camry which has been the best selling car since 2002 (followed by a car in a different class the Honda Civic). Stop trying to recommend bad cars for people.
Funny enough the Fusion is a far better looking car than the Camry, more premium.
The Fusion has been in the top 10 while the Ford F-series has sold more than any Toyota cars in 2015.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 9:34pm On Sep 20, 2015
chucky234:
Funny enough the Fusion is a far better looking car than the Camry, more premium.
The Fusion has been in the top 10 while the Ford F-series has sold more than any Toyota cars in 2015.

Looks are opinion-based. I personally feel that the Fusion is a horrible looking car with his Bass-Fish looking mouth. It's terrible. I'm not saying the Camry is the best looking car in the world, but it's certainly better looking than the Fusion (in my opinion)

Best selling truck goes to the F-150
Best selling car remains Toyota Camry as it has always been

People in America's working class buy trucks. Most Americans are not scientists or engineers and have to haul things around (contrary to popular belief and what Nigerians are told) and work menial jobs so they drive trucks.

However, for cars Camry has been the best selling car for 13 years and counting.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by patlead: 9:38pm On Sep 20, 2015
shullamite:
Hello gurus in the house, pls I need advice on ford escape 2002 model, both neat nigerian used or tokumbor. What are the chalenges with the car, is it a user friendly car I.e fuel consumption, spare parts, resale value and any other info. Pls reply with good reasons.

op, pls and please avoid any ford,except its brandnew or your official car.

btw 2014 and now,i have used both a ford and a camry.

i prefer my experience with the camry.

3 Likes

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chucky234(m): 9:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

Looks are opinion-based. I personally feel that the Fusion is a horrible looking car with his Bass-Fish looking mouth. It's terrible. I'm not saying the Camry is the best looking car in the world, but it's certainly better looking than the Fusion (in my opinion)

Best selling truck goes to the F-150
Best selling car remains Toyota Camry as it has always been

People in America's working class buy trucks. Most Americans are not scientists or engineers and have to haul things around (contrary to popular belief and what Nigerians are told) and work menial jobs so they drive trucks.

However, for cars Camry has been the best selling car for 13 years and counting.
Fusion is the best looking car in its segment dumping Camry and Accord off, the fact that the Camry is epitome of bland styling and poor drive handling is an open secret.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 20, 2015
Op hmm to make each trip an holiday... Buy a Mercedes Benz W203 200K facelift version or W202 230K.... Come with my thanksgiving offering six months later
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chucky234(m): 9:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
patlead:

Toyota reliability with the annual recalls is been over-flogged, Ford cars especially the Fusion and Taurus post above average reliability rating similar to Toyota and Honda.
Take a look at the comparison between Ford Escape and Toyota Rav4
www.thecarconnection.com/news/1098984_toyota-rav4-vs-ford-escape-compare-cars
www.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/best-cars-blog/2015/06/Ford_Escape_vs_Toyota_RAV4_Which_Should_You_Buy/
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by kingreign(m): 9:53pm On Sep 20, 2015
patlead:

Another testimony from an owner of both brands. Equation is balanced.
Shullamite, no mind that fowl brained pato abi na potato wey him call himself. Now you know who's your enemy on nairaland.
I think pato was invoked with evil spirits from your village so that he'll caress you with sweet mouth to buy the ford and later fall into perils. Thank God you're now aware of the evil spirits (he's a legion).

@ chucky234, I no want your case because I know you can never find any good in Toyota.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 9:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
chucky234:
Fusion is the best looking car in its segment dumping Camry and Accord off, the fact that the Camry is epitome of bland styling and poor drive handling is an open secret.

ROFL not even close. Looks in this segment are hands down 2016 Honda Accord. Fusion is the worst looking car that has ever touched the face of this earth this decade. The previous generation was much better looking. Fusion is atrocious.

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by daxlasaint(m): 10:02pm On Sep 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

ROFL not even close. Looks in this segment are hands down 2016 Honda Accord. Fusion is the worst looking car that has ever touched the face of this earth this decade. The previous generation was much better looking. Fusion is atrocious.

We rep #teamhondalovers.... beauty + reliability... superb engineering on wheels!

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chucky234(m): 10:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
kingreign:

Another testimony from an owner of both brands. Equation is balanced.
Shullamite, no mind that fowl brained pato abi na potato wey him call himself. Now you know who's your enemy on nairaland.
I think pato was invoked with evil spirits from your village so that he'll caress you with sweet mouth to buy the ford and later fall into perils. Thank God you're now aware of the evil spirits (he's a legion).

@ chucky234, I no want your case because I know you can never find any good in Toyota.
Bro this got nothing to do with Toyota, Ford has always made good cars especially from 2007.
Escape vs Rav4: www.carsdirect.com/compare/ford-escape-vs-toyota-rav4

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 10:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
daxlasaint:

We rep #teamhondalovers.... beauty + reliability... superb engineering on wheels!

I'm actually a Toyota fan, but I think I'm going to convert to Honda very soon grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 10:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
chucky234:
Bro this got nothing to do with Toyota, Ford has always made good cars especially from 2007.

Yet Consumer reports contradicts your statement....

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by kingreign(m): 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
chucky234:

We are talking 2002 bro.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
kingreign:

We are talking 2002 bro.

They still don't make good cars. The issue I linked that sites reliability is from 2013.

1 Like

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 10:08pm On Sep 20, 2015
Toyota got a 74 in 2013 for overall reliability and Ford got a 51. It should give you a hint/clue.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chucky234(m): 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

You of all people should know that I'm a big fan of Honda but take your time to find out how the Ford Fusion knocked Accord out of top 3 in the best selling car segment.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chucky234(m): 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

They still don't make good cars. The issue I linked that sites reliability is from 2013.
Check comparison between the Camry, Fusion and Accord since 2008 then come back with your results.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chucky234(m): 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by ElRazur: 11:54pm On Sep 20, 2015
Fulaman198:

There is no misconception. American magazines have stated over and over again that Ford isn't capable in regards to reliability. Are you going to argue with experts?

Bro, I don't want to argue. To say there aren't misconception is just a lie. The American magazine you tout as the holy grail are nothing but opinion of those in a position of opportunity to write for a magazine. Admittedly Ford have issues just like any other car.

I can easily link a few good report on Ford models that are good but hey, according to you there aren't any or something.

This thread is starting to go off rail so I'll leave it as that. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by valencia25(m): 12:35am On Sep 21, 2015
shullamite:

Are you buying your first car? Then you need to read this article, it'll guide you http://www.realacars.com/2015/09/which-type-of-car-should-i-buy.html plus i can't advice you to get Ford.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by Fulaman198(m): 2:40am On Sep 21, 2015
chucky234:
Check comparison between the Camry, Fusion and Accord since 2008 then come back with your results.

The results are that the Camry and Accord comfortably beat out the Fusion. The Fusion isn't even considered competition. The only competition the Accord and Camry face are from the Sonata (Hyundai) and the Optima (Kia).
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by shullamite: 5:49am On Sep 21, 2015
Thanks a lot for all the points and advice.
Fulaman198:
In the end Shullamite, you have a brain. You don't have to reason with no facts. Most people that are anti-Toyota/Honda are followers and have no sense of shame except to join the redneck white-Americun (pun intended) bandwagon. There is a reason why Asian cars are touted and respected for their reliability. There is a reason why Toyota had to train Ford in the 80s/90s on how to build better reliable cars. This is because Americans think with mass-production in mind (quantity over quality).

Toyota and Honda know they have big boots to fill, so they can only go down, so they are trying to remain at the top. In end, the decision you make is on you. If you choose to believe those who deceive you on here, in the end you will be the one paying for your own actions of believing nonsensical statements.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by shullamite: 5:53am On Sep 21, 2015
Thanks
valencia25:

Are you buying your first car? Then you need to read this article, it'll guide you http://www.realacars.com/2015/09/which-type-of-car-should-i-buy.html plus i can't advice you to get Ford.
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by shullamite: 6:01am On Sep 21, 2015
Hahahaha ok thanks.
angels09:
Op hmm to make each trip an holiday... Buy a Mercedes Benz W203 200K facelift version or W202 230K.... Come with my thanksgiving offering six months later
Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by shullamite: 6:08am On Sep 21, 2015
Ok thanks, maybe I should be tilting towards EOD already. I fell in love with the escape becos of the SUV and the price I was offered was cheap to afford, and I like the roominess because I am a tall person that like space in cars.
daxlasaint:

Re: Is Ford Escape A Good Car by chucky234(m): 7:20am On Sep 21, 2015
Fulaman198:

The results are that the Camry and Accord comfortably beat out the Fusion. The Fusion isn't even considered competition. The only competition the Accord and Camry face are from the Sonata (Hyundai) and the Optima (Kia).
www.autonews.com/article/20140331/RETAIL01/303319872?template=mobile
Here in Canada Fusion was the best selling car in 2009-011, and in 2013-2015 beating Camry to the top spot.
And for the month of March 2015 in the US market Ford Fusion dumped Accord out of the top 10 with CR-V the only Honda making the list.
www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/10-of-the-best-selling-cars-trucks-and-suvs-for-march.html/?a=viewall
In the top 20 in May 2015 you have 5 Ford cars on the list, Honda with only two and Toyota....no comment
www.autocontentexp.com/20-best-selling-vehicles-of-2015-so-far/
In top 21 overall sale for the year you have Fusion in occupying number 9 position while the ever present Ford Escape is in number 11.
Remember this is midsize sedan and SUV combined list, the Escape is always there.
www.caranddriver.com/flipbook/magnus-numeris-here-are-the-21-bestselling-vehicles-of-the-year
Even in the Hybrid segment you have the Fusion sitting closely to Camry in second place.
www.cheatsheet.com/automobiles/the-2015-toyota-camry-hybrid-vs-4-midsize-competitors.html/?a=viewall
By the way the Elantra has done far more in sales than Sonata in the non-luxury car segment yet both still rank below Fusion both in sale and style.
Do your research bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

LASG To Start "No Inspection, No Roadworthiness Certificate" Policy By January / Innoson Plans To Establish New Plant In Owerri, Produce 60,000 Units Annually / Symptoms Of A Bad Or Failing Ball Joint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.