Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,382 members, 7,800,770 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:20 AM

Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) (60732 Views)

Jamaican Pastor Wears Army Uniform, Shoots At His Enemies With Water Gun(Video) / Is Eternity In Hellfire A Fair Punishment For Sin? / Ogun Pastor Got Stuck In Shrine, Loses Consciousness While Trying To Destroy It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by milkymesh: 10:17pm On Sep 19, 2015
If God Want Us to LOVE our ENEMIES, Why Is He Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In HELLFIRE?

I need real answers please.

29 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by menesheh(m): 10:34pm On Sep 19, 2015
milkymesh:

If God Want Us to LOVE our ENEMIES, Why Is He Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In HELLFIRE?

That's the silly contradictions in the bible.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Niyeal(m): 10:42pm On Sep 19, 2015
Came to read comment

5 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by bxcode(m): 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
Sir, if you own a cooperation for an instance and your subordinates are rebelling against you despite all your efforts to have a cordial and personal relationship with them even after they disobeyed an injunction you gave them when you employed them, you have the power to sack them but didn't, still loved and cared for them and even sacrificed your position and came down to their level to show them what's best for them, hoping that that they will make the right choices without you compelling them and forcing them without any choice of their own, but with a definite day of judgement in mind to judge all them, according tho those that accepted your sacrifice for them and those that refused it vehemently, would you fold your hands and watch everything you have built be tumbled over by some rebellious workers and not do something to put an end to the decay that their rebellion has brought about?

214 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Ezerbullet(m): 10:53pm On Sep 19, 2015
God is God

26 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by dayodare49o: 11:19pm On Sep 19, 2015
menesheh:

That's the silly contradictions in the bible.
mankind is very foolish and dumb. No they are not they only close their eyes denying fact. The bible advises the idiots to forgive others if they want to be forgiven.

It was an advice not law the same bible said anyone you forgive is forgiven and anyone you do not forgive is not forgiven.

Is your choice choose what you want...however, likewise, if God offends you forgive him if you want and if you don't want don't. Also if GOD wants he forgives if he does not want no problem the same applied to us all.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by ideatoprince18(m): 12:36am On Sep 20, 2015
g
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Dekatron(m): 1:18am On Sep 20, 2015
He works in mysterious ways. Yet when I behave mysterious, I am tagged EVIL. By induction that I am God's image, then God is evil

I think God feels insecure

non of my business sha

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 2:10am On Sep 20, 2015
Dekatron:
He works in mysterious ways. Yet when I behave mysterious, I am tagged EVIL. By induction that I am God's image, then God is evil

I think God feels insecure

non of my business sha

Man was created in the image of God then we got perverted by Satan and lost our estate! In this fallen state we are more like Satan whose end is the lake of fire. We adopted imperfection and sin through disobedience...

But for God not to fail in His purpose for creating man, He sacrificed His only begotten son for our disobedience so that through His obedience which led to resurrection, we may have eternal life. So, any man who doesn't have Jesus Christ has an automatic death sentence (total annihilation of body, soul and spirit) hanging on his/her neck.

If God's righteous judgement did not spare Satan who use to be an angel of light but condemned and reserved him for total destruction in the lake of fire, who is man that the Lord would spare for going the way of Satan? Satan's way was and will always be rebellion against his creator!

All sinners who reject salvation through Christ Jesus would share Satan's fate; it's as simple as that! God is a righteous judge!

53 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by milkymesh: 7:29am On Sep 20, 2015
No satisfactory answer?? I believe in God and I am a Christian. However, for many months now I just sit in my house on Sunday and ponder over my more than three decades beleif. Have I been tricked all these while?. Every christian should ponder all the questions on the pix.
I am beginning to think religion is a tool used by a few to manipulate many to their advantage.
No religion is of God- weather Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism,Judaism, just mention it. I still searching for answers. Until then, I still beleive

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by ggirl4real: 7:37am On Sep 20, 2015
God doesn't make anyone "His enemies".

Salvation is free for all. The Bible says "...For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to ALL men..." It's now left for you and I to make our choices.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Sweetcollins: 7:42am On Sep 20, 2015
Just here to learn more...pls contribute with wisdom of Solohite

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by veekid(m): 7:42am On Sep 20, 2015
k
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by superior1: 7:43am On Sep 20, 2015
milkymesh:

Go and ask God

8 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by HomoSapiien: 7:43am On Sep 20, 2015
The christian delusion.

21 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Paradise163(f): 7:43am On Sep 20, 2015
[b] Hellfire—Is It Part of Divine Justice?
Have you ever seen someone tortured? We hope not. Deliberate torture is sickening and abhorrent. What, though, of torture inflicted by God? Can you imagine such a thing? Yet, this is exactly what is implied by the teaching of hellfire, an official doctrine in many religions.

Imagine, for a moment, the following horrific scene: A person is being roasted on a hot iron plate. In his agony he screams for mercy, but nobody listens. The torture goes on and on, hour after hour, day after day—without pause!

Whatever crime the victim may have committed, would not your heart go out to him? What of the one who ordered the torture? Could he be a loving person? In no way! Love is merciful and shows pity. A loving father may punish his children, but he would never torture them!

Nevertheless, many religions teach that God tortures sinners in an eternal hellfire. This, it is claimed, is divine justice. If that is true, who created that terrible place of eternal torment? And who is responsible for the excruciating agonies inflicted there? The answers would seem obvious. If such a place really exists, then God would have to be the creator of it, and he would be responsible for what happens there.

Can you accept that? The Bible* says: “God is love.” (1 John 4 vs eight ) Would a God of love inflict torture that even humans with any measure of decency find revolting? Surely not!

An Unreasonable Teaching
Still, many believe that the wicked will go to a fiery hell and be tormented forever. Is this teaching logical? The human life span is limited to 70 or 80 years. Even if someone perpetrated extreme wickedness for his whole lifetime, would everlasting torment be a just punishment? No. It would be grossly unjust to torment a man forever for the limited number of sins that he can commit in a lifetime.

Who knows the truth about what happens after we die? Only God can reveal this information, and he has done so in his written Word, the Bible, referred to above. Here is what the Bible says: “As the [beast] dies, so the [man] dies; and they all have but one spirit . . . All are going to one place. They have all come to be from the dust, and they are all returning to the dust.” (Ecclesiastes 3:19, 20) There is no mention here of a fiery hell. Humans return to dust—to nonexistence—when they die.

In order to be tormented, an individual has to be conscious. Are the dead conscious? No. “The living are conscious that they will die; but as for the dead, they are conscious of nothing at all, neither do they anymore have wages, because the remembrance of them has been forgotten.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5) It is impossible for the dead, “conscious of nothing at all,” to experience the agonies of hellfire.

A Harmful Doctrine
Some maintain that the teaching of hellfire is useful, true or not. Why? They say it serves as a deterrent to wrongdoing. Is that true? Well, is the crime rate in regions where people believe in hellfire lower than in other places? Hardly! In fact, the doctrine of hellfire is very harmful. Will a person who believes that God torments people view torture as something abhorrent? Why should he? Those believing in a cruel god often become cruel like their god.

In whatever way a reasonable person may look at the matter, he cannot accept the existence of a hell of torment. Logic rebels against it. Human nature is repelled by it. More important, God’s Word does not say that such a place exists. When a person dies, “he goes back to his ground; in that day his thoughts do perish.”—Psalm 146:4.

What Punishment for Sin?
[/b] To read more, visit www.jw.org and you find satisfactory answers just as I did

76 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 20, 2015
[s]
bxcode:
Sir, if you own a cooperation for an instance and your subordinates are rebelling against you despite all your efforts to have a cordial and personal relationship with them even after they disobeyed an injunction you gave them when you employed them, you have the power to sack them but didn't, still loved and cared for them and even sacrificed your position and came down to their level to show them what's best for them, hoping that that they will make the right choices without you compelling them and forcing them without any choice of their own, but with a definite day of judgement in mind to judge all them, according tho those that accepted your sacrifice for them and those that refused it vehemently, would you fold your hands and watch everything you have built be tumbled over by some rebellious workers and not do something to put an end to the decay that their rebellion has brought about?
[/s]
Rubbish

Then why is God "all knowing"
He knows the beginning and the end. i.e, he knew Satan would end up being rebellious and yet, he still created him....
#YOU CAN'T UNDERSTAND NOR ASSUME FOR GOD.
#GOD WORKS IN A MYSTERIOUS WAYS
#NO RELIGION IS PERFECT.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by truelyt: 7:43am On Sep 20, 2015
no,God will only reward us all according to our deeds on earth.
is there a reward for good other than good?
so if someone was evil on earth and died without repentance,how do you expect God to forgive such a person
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by mznuez(f): 7:43am On Sep 20, 2015
Because they r evol
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by LatestTrend: 7:43am On Sep 20, 2015
kiss
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by sauceEEP(m): 7:44am On Sep 20, 2015
ggirl4real:
God doesn't make anyone "His enemies".

Salvation is free for all. The Bible says "...For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to ALL men..." It's now left for you and I to make our choices.
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by WhoBeThisMan: 7:44am On Sep 20, 2015
the enemy going to be destroyed in hell is the devil and his demons. They rebelled against God, and still is deceiving men and luring them away from God even now.

But on the other hand, Jesus said love ur enemies, do good to them that despitfully use you... Why? Because your enemy is not those people. Your enemy is the devil using them.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son, that wo ever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life john 3:16

The verse above said God so loved the "world" that includes every body, good or bad. That's why he said look beyond them, love your enemies.

Then again Hebrews 2:3 says:

how shall we escape if we ignore so great a salvation? This salvation, which was first announced by the Lord, was confirmed to us by those who heard

The devil corrupted the human race, but God has brought to us this great salvation, what greater love has any man, than to lay His own life down for his friend?

My brother anyone who rejects this has only himself to blame.

John 3:18 says:
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by RaDaZaBaNa(m): 7:44am On Sep 20, 2015
no b everything person dey comment??

1 Like

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by damton(m): 7:44am On Sep 20, 2015
God is liberal. He wants you to make a choice between good and evil. He'll only give you the directive, and it all balls down to your choice.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by SomebodyLovesMe: 7:44am On Sep 20, 2015
God is a God of Love. He is also a God of Law.

The bible states clearly that "The wages of sin is death". "Death" refers to eternal damnation.

Anyone who dies in sin will end up where God has reserved for sin and her children.

Romans 5:8 - "God showed his love for us in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us".

For God to send His only son to earth to die for mankind, you should understand the gravity of the matter and how much God wants to save us.

6 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by ribbit: 7:44am On Sep 20, 2015
Bible is full of contradictions that's why it shouldn't be taken seriously..

For example, bible says, Love is not envious. it also says, God is love and at the same time said God is a jealous God .. I mean wtf

Which one should we believe?

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by JustCare: 7:45am On Sep 20, 2015
God's ambition is not Same as ours. we are not gods rather we're human spirits.

As for Hell fire... you never heard God mention that. The concept of hell fire revolves around the destruction of unworthy Humans or let's say they will definitely destroy themselves in what they created (hell fire).

The main deal is to make yourself worthy of ascent by loving and being just because here (world of matter) is not a permanent abode for we spirits.
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Demmocrats(m): 7:46am On Sep 20, 2015
Op who told you that hell is meant for enemies if God

Go and read the bible and understand the purpose of HELL.
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by themosthigh: 7:46am On Sep 20, 2015
It is because God is a figment of our imagination and he is a creation of our ignorance and the acceptance of our slavery.
Of all the gods ever created by men,the christian god is the most vainglorious and stupid.

15 Likes

Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 20, 2015
nawa oooo
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by okooloyun1(m): 7:46am On Sep 20, 2015
Ok
Re: Why Is God Going To Destroy HIS ENEMIES In Hellfire?(photo) by Emeskhalifa(m): 7:46am On Sep 20, 2015
hahhhhjjaaaaaaaa
i always laff at ppl of d book
grin.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Angela Nwosu: 'Don't Want To Make Heaven If It's Where Oyedepo, Adeboye Will Go' / Bishop Oyedepo Commissions Stadium As Covenant University Clocks 16 / Post Your 'Front Page-Worthy' TOPICS And LINKS Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.