Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Tech!! How To Identify Fake USB Devices/ Cords - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Tech!! How To Identify Fake USB Devices/ Cords (558 Views)

We Recover data from Faulty Hard drives, flash drives, SD cards etc / Tips On Selecting The Best Charger And Power Cords That Suit Your Devices / How To Remove All Viruses From Your Computer Using Rescue USB Disk. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tech!! How To Identify Fake USB Devices/ Cords by modelee(m): 6:54am On Sep 20, 2015
USB (Universal Serial Bus) is considered a very
simple and flexible way of connection between
personal computer and other electronic
devices. However,USB can malfunction if you
are not using the quality type. There will
always be partial contact when using fake USB, thereby delaying your job which is very
annoying. Today, i want to share with you, a very simple
way of identifying a fake USB. Its as simple as
ABC. Get your USB, check the two holes that
reveals the bus/contact. If the conductor there
is Golden colour, it means its copper which is
original. Copper has high conductivity than aluminium, copper also has relatively high
tensile strength (the greatest stress a
substance can bear without tearing apart). Now to identify a fake USB, check the two holes
again, if its silver colour, it means its aluminium,
which is fake. Although aluminum has only
about 60 percent of the conductivity of copper,
but the tensile strength is very low( which tears
apart when subjected to stress) Which makes your USB to to fluctuate. If you are using this
type of USB, you will be experiencing partial
contact. Most universal modems in Nigeria
market today are made with this aluminium
contact, because aluminium is cheaper than
copper, and the manufacturers/ importers make more money from such. The photo below clearly shows the two holes
that reveals the bus/contact. The bus used for
the USB is made with copper, that is why its
golden in colour.

Re: Tech!! How To Identify Fake USB Devices/ Cords by ModiKen(m): 6:59am On Sep 20, 2015
Bless you brother for this post.

I just checked mine....its golden, no wonder it hasn't given me problems since I bought it over a year ago, unlike some I bought in the past.

Damn! Fake USB cords can be very annoying. angry
Re: Tech!! How To Identify Fake USB Devices/ Cords by Markachi666(m): 12:44pm On Sep 20, 2015
Nice write up, though someone discussed this here few months ago.
Now, how would one do proper identification if the two holes are covered/blocked?
Re: Tech!! How To Identify Fake USB Devices/ Cords by yahyamay(m): 6:09pm On Sep 20, 2015
cool

(1) (Reply)

3 Easy Ways To Screenshot Your Computer / Buy Your Fairly Used Laptop Parts Here At Cheap Price / Almost New HP Elite Book Dual Core

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.