Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,735 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:11 AM

Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! (33900 Views)

Lady Becomes Homeless After Sowing Her House Rent As Seed To Pastor / Abel Damina Warns Against Seed Sowing: God Doesn't Multiply Money, Hardwork Does / For Husbands And Fathers' Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by Nobody: 9:17am On Sep 20, 2015
The day Nigerian ladies will come to the knowledge that Marriage is not an achievement, they will stop sowing seeds for Husbands.

I see such seed sowing as methods used by Thiefstors to defraud gullible ladies.

You could use those monies to add more value to Your life and even those around You.

Stop chasing after the wind.

I can't imagine God forcing me to marry some lady because of Her seeds. It is a violation of My free will. No matter how God speaks it, if I don't like what I see, am out.

If all those seed sowing and 'I must wear my wedding gown' stunts are real we would
have been hearing testimonies.

If a person is hungry, do You have to beg them to eat a well prepared meal from You? Hell no. If You know Your worth, that Marriage does not increase Your value, You won't have to sow seeds to get a Husband.

It is a Man that the scripture say can not be alone. A Woman is a gift to Man. Why should You add another gift to Yourself in order to be accepted by a Man.

I think those churches that ask single ladies to come out for prayers are making public ridicule of them ladies. They make them prey to ravenous guys in their congregation by creating the desperation awareness.

That is why most of them ladies end up sponsoring their said marriages. There is nothing wrong with a couple contributing mutually to their wedding but there is everything wrong with a woman sponsoring a wedding single-handedly just to be conferred with the MRS certificate. That is, starting up a union on the wrong pedestal. We have a lot of such cases and usually they don't end well for the Women.

In the event that something goes wrong as it always does, the ladies are usually left with huge financial losses. These are monies that could have been invested rightly.

This post does not frown at a lady assisting a man. Some ladies are privileged to be more financially equipped than their male partners. If You have a Man that truly loves You and is ambitious, it is perfectly okay for You to assist Him because You are building a future together.

Don't buy a Man with Your hard earned money, You will regret it.

Get a Purpose and pursue it. Be lost in something meaningful. Forget Men and the right one will come. Instead of sowing that seed for a Man, go and donate money to orphanages, prisons, beggars etc.

If You sow a seed to get a Man, You will keep sowing to keep Him.

Post written by High-Prof Victor Chigozie Ibeh

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/09/memo-to-desperate-single-nigerian-women.html

48 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by MizMyColi(f): 9:23am On Sep 20, 2015
The desperation to get married comes from a place of incompleteness, a sense of lack and a total disconnect from one's worth and value.

I will rather remain unmarried and keep on being the best I can be, while ensuring that I fulfil my life's inner purpose....than get hitched with someone who thinks he's doing me a favour.
To hell with that kind of mentality and God forbid!

Well, thankfully, that's not the casesmiley

71 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by Nobody: 9:25am On Sep 20, 2015
Op you are absolutely right but what do you expect when the society make it seem like it an achievement,like something that must be done...

Most times advanced singles are not to be blame for their desperation,becos even the society they live in is against them,,how do you even expect a single lady of 32 to live comfortably and invest in other areas of life when being constantly reminded of her marital status?not that easy jare.

42 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 20, 2015
MizMyColi:
The desperation to get married comes from a place of incompleteness, a sense of lack and a total disconnect from one's worth and value.

I will rather remain unmarried and keep on being the best I can be, while ensuring that I fulfil my life's inner purpose....than get hitched with someone who thinks he's doing me a favour.
To hell with that kind of mentality and God forbid!

Well, thankfully, that's not the casesmiley
easier said than done.

130 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by buygala(m): 9:44am On Sep 20, 2015
The earlier ladies realize their happiness isn't tied to anyone but themselves, the better for them sad

I stilll fail to see how someone will be desperate to get into an 'arrangement' which is fast losing its essence and sacredness today, but is being bedevilled by hypocrisy, regrets, domestic violence, emotional bile and ridiculous lawsuits....These days it appears that the only beautiful thing about marriage is the Wedding ceremony... After that, everything almost always steadily heads south.... In the end, the 'happily married' peeps end up tolerating each other for the rest of their lives, either because of their kids or simply to avoid 'what people will say' undecided

If you are 'lucky' enough to get married or have someone agree to marry you, please spend your energy working towards remaining happy in the marriage, not trying to drag other peeps into the hell you were unable to avoid undecided....Everyone has their own goals and priorities.. dont force your own goals or priorities on another person sad

Marriage isn't worth forcing oneself into....if you must swallow such a bitter pill, make sure you do it on your terms and not out of desperation or any warped sense of debt to the society angry

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by MizMyColi(f): 9:49am On Sep 20, 2015
Jollyjoy:
easier said than done.

We live in a society that harps a lot on stereotypes.

Because everyone goes to church seeking for husbands, then that must be the situation of everyone.
What you have chosen to be oblivious of is that there are a few out there who have chosen to go against the stereotype...of course, Rome wasn't built in a day, but people are beginning to take their lives and destinies in their hands. They are learning to live in the now, they are no more susceptible to the whims and caprices of memories and anticipation.

I ask you....If I were someone close to you, would you advise me to get married to someone who thinks he's doing me a favour?

I think that when people everywhere begin to realize that come what may, everyone will always have their opinion, the better.

The onus lies on you and I as the subject of discussion to realize that people's affirmation of us is WELCOME, but NOT NEEDED.

I was on a thread where people were bashing Linda for being unmarried....agree or not, people who curse others based on their life sutuations are equally miserable people who are merely projecting their insecurities and perceived flaws on others.
When you realise this truth, you will become less and less bothered of what they say or do.

And just so you know....this is my default mindset. It's a truth and reality that has become deeply rooted in me and I am thankful.

People should stop feeding their pain and learn to walk away from negativity of every kind.
#Emancipation

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by falconey(m): 9:53am On Sep 20, 2015
the ladies above the clock is ticking........ The grammars are not bad.

Mizmycoli it is by design you must get married!!!! Don't you want to have kids of your own?( I'm not talking about 'baby mama' or single mum, a child needs both parent) Sometimes you have to forget the man and think about your offsprings, what you can accomplish with them, how they will make you proud.

6 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by MizMyColi(f): 9:56am On Sep 20, 2015
@JollyJoy
Please understand that I am not claiming to have apprehended.
Please understand that I am not claiming to have achieved perfection on these things.

What I am simply doing is sharing with folks my perception on these matters.

Life is a journey.
And where there is a will, there is a way.

What matters isn't the end result, but the process.
Enjoy it.

12 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 20, 2015
falconey:
[color=#990000][/color]
she tell u say she dey single?

3 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by falconey(m): 10:00am On Sep 20, 2015
Jollyjoy:
she tell u say she dey single?

she no tell me say she dey married either....... What's your point?

And I said 'ladies above' which includes YOU

3 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by MizMyColi(f): 10:09am On Sep 20, 2015
falconey:

Your opinion is largely yours.
As mine is largely mine.

If this is what you advise your sisters and those who are close to you, then good for them and you too.

12 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by BlackrulesDworld(m): 10:16am On Sep 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

Because everyone goes to church seeking for husbands, then that must be the situation of everyone.
What you have chosen to be oblivious of is that there are a few out there who have chosen to go against the stereotype...of course, Rome wasn't built in a day, but people are beginning to take their lives and destinies in their hands. They are learning to live in the now, they are no more susceptible to the whims and caprices of memories and anticipation.

I ask you....If I were someone close to you, would you advise me to get married to someone who thinks he's doing me a favour?

I think that when people everywhere begin to realize that come what may, everyone will always have their opinion, the better.

The onus lies on you and I as the subject of discussion to realize that people's affirmation of us is WELCOME, but NOT NEEDED.

I was on a thread where people were bashing Linda for being unmarried....agree or not, people who curse others based on their life sutuations are equally miserable people who are merely projecting their insecurities and perceived flaws on others.
When you realise this truth, you will become less and less bothered of what they say or do.

And just so you know....this is my default mindset. It's a truth and reality that has become deeply rooted in me and I am thankful.

People should stop feeding their pain and learn to walk away from negativity of every kind.
#Emancipation

Mastermind! Perfect!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by falconey(m): 10:18am On Sep 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

Your opinion is largely yours.
As mine is largely mine.

If this is what you advise your sisters and those who are close to you, then good for them and you too.

you are my sister that's why I'm advising you.

Sis think about it.........I know the truth hurts, just take your time and think about it.

1 Like

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

#Emancipation
agreed we shouldnt live our lives by other people opinions but their opinions to some extent are relevant,

yes you have the right to live the way you want,to upheld your own opinion irrespective of what people say but ask your self,are you ready to bear the consequences of your own actions?come to think of it,how do you even expect to live when the society wouldnt stop castigating,descriminating and passing all sort of demeaning remarks...

Most times,it not about setting standard for ourselves but coping with the set standards,just like the world is a stage and our actions are judged by spectators and those are people in our every day lives,without those people i bet our world would have been boring...

miss my point is if you in rome then behave life that roman,......

25 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by MizMyColi(f): 10:25am On Sep 20, 2015
falconey:

Lol

Falconey, your truth is noted and duly discarded. No offence pleasesmiley

The truth lives in me.
I live the truth everyday.
I am one in being and in flesh with the truth.

There is no truth that I will be told now, that deep within me, I do not know already.
What anyone can do is to remind me of that which I have long forgotten.

24 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by funlord(m): 10:38am On Sep 20, 2015
undecided

See as all the posters on top of me just dey write epistles of trash and sunday morning opio! Let's hope those below can do better!

10 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by zicoraads: 10:39am On Sep 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lol

Falconey, your truth is noted and duly discarded. No offence pleasesmiley

The truth lives in me.
I live the truth everyday.
I am one in being and in flesh with the truth.

There is no truth that I will be told now, that deep within me, I do not know already.
What anyone can do is to remind me of that which I have long forgotten.
Go church Miz tongue
Stop distracting me...am trying to concentrate on what the man of God is saying grin

2 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by yanabasee(m): 10:49am On Sep 20, 2015
It baffles me how this girls think diz days!

Look, OP, if a man is worth keeping, then you should work hard to keep him....

A friend will say, if I work hard to ensure that my woman isn't gonna be taken away from me from other men... Then my woman should also work hard to keep me to herself so that other women won't take me away from her.

You ladies should ask Urselves questions... What kindaf seed are u sowing on ur man's body?

-Nagging seed?
-Cheating seed?
-Quarrelling seed?
-Imposing seed?
-Arrogant seed?
-Self Important seed?

Ask yourself!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by MizMyColi(f): 11:05am On Sep 20, 2015
Jollyjoy:
agreed we shouldnt live our lives by other people opinions but their opinions to some extent are relevant,

Sis, it is true that we do not exist in Isolation. There are different opinions my dear. Some are positive, some are negative...You have the right and power to choose the opinions that are relevant to you.

yes you have the right to live the way you want,to upheld your own opinion irrespective of what people say but ask your self,are you ready to bear the consequences of your own actions?come to think of it,how do you even expect to live when the society wouldnt stop castigating,descriminating and passing all sort of demeaning remarks...

I thank you very much for your honesty.
First, please understand that your life situation is different from your life.
Please also understand that you cannot continue to identify with people's undermining and demeaning remarks...else you will not make any head way.

I have taken up interest in politics.
There is hardly a day at least one person doesn't say things to undermine me and make me feel really bad about myself.
I have been called a LovePeddler, I have been called a bigot, I have been called FAT and Ugly, please name themgrin

But I made a choice not to identify with any of those....because that is not who or what I truly am.

Accept it or not, it does not matter what the world sees or thinks of me...what matters is what I see and think of me.

I am sharing this because I know that there are people who are out there who have one issue or another but aren't bold enough to talk about it.

If people have called you fat and ugly...If people have called you a perpetual bachelor or spinster....if they have labelled you unprintable names....WHAT IS YOUR OWN PERCEPTION OF YOURSELF?
You might not fully grasp it now, but that is what matters in the long run.

Most times,it not about setting standard for ourselves but coping with the set standards,just like the world is a stage and our actions are judged by spectators and those are people in our every day lives,without those people i bet our world would have been boring...

I understand your point my dear.
But what is the use of holding on to people's opinion if it doesn't favour me?
What is the use of holding on to negativity and pain which people try to drag me into when I can very much chose life, positivity and sweetness.

It is hard, but we need to understand that that first and foremost we exist for ourselves, not for people.

Yes, people will talk...
But this is life and it is what we make of it.

There is a spirit in you and I that gives us understanding of what is right and what is wrong. Though people's input are welcome, but you and I have the right to discard it if it does not resonate with that which is inside us.

miss my point is if you in rome then behave life that roman,......

I beg to disagree here.
That is a worldly mentality and I will not be part of it.

So because people shame those who have no job, who are fat and unattractive, who have one ailment or another and other negativities....then I should join the band wagon because that's what they do in rome?

No!

I will not compare myself to anyone.
I don't want anyone to compare theirself with me.
I am whole, I am complete. I am strong.
This is the reality of everyone else reading this too. How much of this you believe about yourself is what matters.
Remember, your life situation is different from your life. They are two different things.

That things are not the way you want them to be now is never a reason to think less of your humanity. Focus on the right person...Not the wrong people.
Let that which is within change that which is without.

45 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by MizMyColi(f): 11:06am On Sep 20, 2015
zicoraads:

Go church Miz tongue
Stop distracting me...am trying to concentrate on what the man of God is saying grin

These are things I am quite passionate about.
This to me is more fulfilling than church service.

8 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by MizMyColi(f): 11:07am On Sep 20, 2015
"I'd rather be the prize you felt you deserved, than be the option you felt forced to settle for. If we BOTH don't feel blessed to have one another, then we shouldn't be together." ~Rob Hill Sr.

19 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by lilmax(m): 11:21am On Sep 20, 2015
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by emperorchedda(m): 12:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
I admire your post but you lost it the moment you said 'It's the man that can't be alone' lol

Go to Japan and see the Men Going Their Own Way movement waxing stronger by each passing day

Even the scripture said a time will come when women will beg men just to bear their surnames and they will provide for themselves

I think that time is now

Not advising any brother to take advantage of any desperate lady but its only justice when those ladies who were forming unnecessary hard to get at their prime age are being feasted on by guys who have noticed how desperate they now are

Lastly, your happiness must not be tied to getting married, it isn't for everyone. Have an offspring and take good care of him/her.
It's more peaceful

8 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by free2ryhme: 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
cry

If only they could sit down and read their bible, if only.

2 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by sukkot: 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
wahala
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by priscaoge(f): 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
[size=14pt] All these grammar ↑ ↑ there shey na for husband abi? OK Kontinu undecided undecided

Make i ask sef, When did Marriage/Husband become a Ticket to Heaven? African mentality shaaaa lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Mizmycoli happy new year! It's been a long time I read Ur post! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley [/size]

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by Mopolchi: 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
dem no go hear
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by kennyman2000(m): 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
Nice one
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by raayah(f): 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2015
yanabasee:
It baffles me how this girls think diz days!

Look, OP, if a man is worth keeping, then you should work hard to keep him....

A friend will say, if I work hard to ensure that my woman isn't gonna be taken away from me from other men... Then my woman should also work hard to keep me to herself so that other women won't take me away from her.

You ladies should ask Urselves questions... What kindaf seed are u sowing on ur man's body?

-Nagging seed?
-Cheating seed?
-Quarrelling seed?
-Imposing seed?
-Arrogant seed?
-Self Important seed?

Ask yourself!

The typical women are always nagging, quarrelling,blah,blah,blah post... What has this got to do with anything?

When we have a post that seeks to enlighten women or a post against domestic violence against women.. You bring up this rhetoric!

5 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by NinaArsenal(f): 8:06pm On Sep 20, 2015
If I hear say I sow seed for any man head. Tufiakwa

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Tobi Adegboyega Bows, Hosts King Wasiu Ayinde Marshall And Wife In London / Daddy Freeze Reacts To Video Of RCCG Members Worshiping Chair Of Pastor Adeboye / Pastor Frank Chuks Holding Gun On A Church Program Poster In Delta State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.