Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,352 members, 7,808,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Naijaborn.com Private Beta Testers Needed :d - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Naijaborn.com Private Beta Testers Needed :d (1288 Views)

Google Nose BETA : Smell Anything From Your Computer And Phones! / Testers Needed. / Beta Testers Needed To Test Advertising Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naijaborn.com Private Beta Testers Needed :d by mambenanje(m): 4:49pm On Apr 13, 2009
hey

After working a few weeks on the first SCRUM sprint of naijaborn (basic version), we have launched a private beta and if you wish to get a first look and feel of the site, please send an email to info@naijaborn.com and our team will send you a link to access the private beta.

Its a work in progress but you sure will like it wink
Re: Naijaborn.com Private Beta Testers Needed :d by mambenanje(m): 3:08pm On Apr 16, 2009
hey where are all the webmasters wink
I have had only two people interested in experiencing the naijaborn web experience from nairaland the others are from facebook and email. I am expecting more though. it will take us maybe one month or two to finally  launch the public beta platform though its already fully functional wink. this we achieved because we are using SCRUM and AGILE approach
Re: Naijaborn.com Private Beta Testers Needed :d by Seun(m): 4:37pm On Apr 16, 2009
Perhaps if we knew what Naijaborn was all about, there would be a better response?
Re: Naijaborn.com Private Beta Testers Needed :d by mambenanje(m): 6:37pm On Apr 16, 2009
Ooh yeah Seun you right. here goes the explanation:

naijaborn.com is a solution for Nigerians globally and we working on
creating a unique platform that connects them globally at the same time we strive to  build
a huge database of Nigerian professionals globally.

So if you are ready to test hit info@naijaborn.com
Re: Naijaborn.com Private Beta Testers Needed :d by Seun(m): 3:52pm On Apr 17, 2009
I don't get it, but I've registered.
Re: Naijaborn.com Private Beta Testers Needed :d by mambenanje(m): 4:03pm On Apr 17, 2009
hey Seun
the concept is somewhat too simple than expected. and I remember not understanding what twitter was all about.
Well Francis will explain cos I don't know how to put it right. He will drop in a post pretty soon.
Re: Naijaborn.com Private Beta Testers Needed :d by qubestreet(m): 2:11pm On Apr 18, 2009
Hi Seun & Mambe.

Naijaborn : simply an interactive platform that connects Nigerians across all continents of Nigerian origin.Its simply a playground of Nigerians globally and we working on creating & showcasing the creativity of nigerians in the web space .Mambe explained already and we would appreciate if you support the initiative by inviting more people to test our private beta.

We are all proudly Naijaborn even you Seun LOL

Papa Qube
Re: Naijaborn.com Private Beta Testers Needed :d by prodgalson: 6:55pm On Apr 20, 2009
"An interactive platform that connects Nigerians [. . .] showcasing the creativity of nigerians in the web space"

I'm interested, but the description is still a bit vague to me, A few questions:

Who's the target market?
Content creators (any kind of content -digital or otherwise ; referring to the creativity that will be showcased)?
Or random users (any Tunde, Emeka and Ifeoma with an internet connection, but what would be their contribution be)?

What currently existing sites/services out there is it similar to?

When you say platform, do you mean platform in the true sense of the word, where there will be an API available to developers, or webservices that can be consumed, or 3rd party apps that can be installed?

I'm genuinely curious.
Re: Naijaborn.com Private Beta Testers Needed :d by mambenanje(m): 6:53pm On Apr 21, 2009
hey Prodgal wink let me answer some of the questions:
Who's the target market?
the market is Nigerians world wide and their friends who wish to dig more into Nigeria.

Content creators (any kind of content -digital or otherwise ; referring to the creativity that will be showcased)?
The users will showcase their creations, pictures, graphics, music, videos, movies etc

Or random users (any Tunde, Emeka and Ifeoma with an internet connection,  but what would be their contribution be)?
Random users will come in to comment, rate, share and connect with others professionally or personally depending on what the like

What currently existing sites/services out there is it similar to?
Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIN, youtube, last.fm. Naijaborn will incorporate features from those sites

When you say platform, do you mean platform in the true sense of the word, where there will be an API available to  developers, or webservices that can be consumed, or 3rd party apps that can be installed?
yeah sure, when we say platform we mean something that will expose an API and other developer services like JSON access to the system with keys and security. So developers will be able to sprawl their own independent solutions out of naijaborn base. we wish to see others do stuff like mapping all the users on the map, or producing statistics of the percentage of Yorubas in Lagos without the naijaborn core team knowing their codes

Hope it answers what we DREAMING for naijaborn.
Re: Naijaborn.com Private Beta Testers Needed :d by prodgalson: 7:23pm On Apr 21, 2009
Sounds very good man, quite the undertaking. How confident are you that this will be adopted by current users of FB, Twitter, and other social platforms that are less culturally specific (ie: they connect you globally, and within their global context, you can create your own 'naija bubble')?

In my opinion, the pitchpoint of "social platform for nigerians" should to be expanded upon even further to get a broad buy-in from consumers, eg: i'd be inclined to be involved if a % of advertising proceeds goes to schools or healthcare in naija, That aside, I think of sites like sturvs and allafrica, those are culturally specific, but the content appeal to me. However, they are not to be my new social platform of choice, instead they compliment my other platforms (facebook for example), with an integrated app, Do you guys plan on going against the big names, or having the site compliment them?
Re: Naijaborn.com Private Beta Testers Needed :d by mambenanje(m): 7:54pm On Apr 21, 2009
hey Prodgal
I like your comments and they are the usual challenges but if you dont try you will never know if its worth it or not.
so I pledge to develop the platform and I have the confidence that we will roll out something unique and usefull to nigerians and friends of naija wink
As for the adverts. the website starts adverts free, and we will invest into the running from our investments. But later when we develop our business model and start selling to the appropriate people, we might consider reusing the profits in health care and education in Naija. This Francis can better tell cos me am only technology technology or the Ninja as Kazey puts it.
We plan not to compete with existing systems but take users from what they already know to what they dont know and also follow trends and give them a reason to keep naijaborn open on one tab even if they have facebook twitter, gmail running.
somehow the broader platforms are not branded to be only nigerian, but you are sure that you go on naijaborn all you will be getting is nigerian info, gossip, vibes, ideas, new ventures, artist, actors, footballers et all and means to connect with them directly via PM or SMS. even if they are not on the web someone will just find it easy to talk about them.
Guess some extra doubts you had have been cleared

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Convert Documents To Pdf? / Very Urgent! Please Nairalanders Where Can I Register A Domain Name In Ph / Joomla 2.5 Administration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.