Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,224 members, 7,807,750 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:28 PM

Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? (38692 Views)

Why Do Poor People In Our Society Like Having Plenty Kids? / Man Batters Wife Over Sex For More Children / He Wants More Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by authority2006(m): 10:18pm On Sep 20, 2015
yanabasee:
Lol....funny comments above!

OP...

The poor man gets many kids with the mindset that one out of them will turn out to be great someday!....

It's not all about orientation! You think they don't know that they should have 2-3kids so they could be able to take care of them?

Rich man will always have a boy and a girl... Jst becoz he wants to take his time and money to give them the best and sound education, as they could.
Even, studies support your explanation. Another reason that studies found out about this is that kids of poor people have less chance of surviving than the kids of rich people which makes poor people have as many children as possible with the hope that few will survive.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by Eluwilussit(m): 10:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
RickRichards:
1. Poor people tend to be less educated, so many of them know little about family planning.

2. They can't afford fun vacations and other leisures, so sex is the only form of recreation they engage in with their spouses, and that leads to procreation. Hehehe

No 2 is the big big reason! Even bible talk am; where your treasure is, there will your heart be. Wetin else poor man get?
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by fyneboi79(m): 11:04pm On Sep 20, 2015
Ayima:
I discovered that poor people prefer to have more children than the rich but i think poor people should have less children base on their low level of income.Well, i asked one of my senior friends and he said poor people have sex more becaues it is the source of their joy while wealth is the source of joy for the rich.How true is this?
Very true
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by omonnakoda: 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2015
How many children did Ojukwu drop?
Abiola?

Ooni of Ife

Atiku

Alaafin of Oyo

Arisekola Alao

Obasanjo

Abacha

Tuface Idibia

King Abdullah =16

Razak Okoya

Jacob Zuma

Most truly rich Africans have plenty children let us not kid ourselves
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by Mikeparlo12(m): 11:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
They are fulfilling the bible that says be fruitful and multiply
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by DedeNkem: 2:12am On Sep 21, 2015
Ayima:
I discovered that poor people prefer to have more children than the rich but i think poor people should have less children base on their low level of income.Well, i asked one of my senior friends and he said poor people have sex more becaues it is the source of their joy while wealth is the source of joy for the rich.How true is this?

Because it's not expensive for them to have sex.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by Tonydoo: 3:35am On Sep 21, 2015
Reason is very simple.
They can't afford fun vacations and other leisures, so sex is the only form of recreation they engage in with their spouses, and that leads to procreation . Hehehe. Lobatan
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by greenhope(m): 5:52am On Sep 21, 2015
The Junks the rich eats

The junks the poor don't eat
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by pompyk4: 7:37am On Sep 21, 2015
A poor man have got lots of time staying with the wife rather than a rich man,so in the result of this more time to have sex with thr wife without any protection.... And lack of any idea or orientaion to family planning
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by holysina(m): 7:42am On Sep 21, 2015
becaus they believe one of their children may become rich, the more the children the chances of one becoming rich undecided undecided shocked shocked grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by EARN: 7:50am On Sep 21, 2015
Every Child comes with his own Provision. The creator has made this so. Parents whether rich or Poor are only conduit pipe to get to this World.

It is not sex that makes one pregnant. If sex is the basis of more children assumption, then ask those childless or IVF couples today.

Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by jamalchance(m): 7:55am On Sep 21, 2015
The only logical reason is that they have too much time on their hands
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by osenidvdg(m): 8:18am On Sep 21, 2015
The rich man have access to many woman too satisfy his urge as a result of his money. They have children scattered every where with the rich woman like them need not to be with him under common roof before proper up bringing of the child.
But poor man have. Limited access to woman that he can cool his sex urge with that might only be his wife alone. Or two woman under his roof since no money to keep them away from the first one. Poor man need children to help him in his handiwork for more money. While money work for rich man . Rich man his rich because of his exposure to information and how to get thing done rightly not because of his wealth alone.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by walcolm(m): 8:39am On Sep 21, 2015
omonnakoda:
How many children did Ojukwu drop? Abiola? Ooni of Ife
Atiku
Alaafin of Oyo
Arisekola Alao
Obasanjo
Abacha
Tuface Idibia
King Abdullah =16
Razak Okoya
Jacob Zuma

Most truly rich Africans have plenty children let us not kid ourselves

seriously, for a continent with about 1billion people, you mention 11 people and that's your basis for generalization and conclusion?
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by bbjummy: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2015
tpiander:

which of them have you seen ruling the nation?
Read that again "it's a possibility"
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by omonnakoda: 10:14am On Sep 21, 2015
walcolm:

seriously, for a continent with about 1billion people, you mention 11 people and that's your basis for generalization and conclusion?

You are the one that needs a logic check.

There is an aphorism

Ei incumbit probatio qui dicit, non qui negat (It is incumbent on he who declares a thing to prove it not on he who denies to disprove)

The claim here is that rich people have fewer kids I have given 11 examples to dispute that claim.

So let him who asserts prove. There is no evidence to show whether it is rich people or poor people who have more kids.

The original premise is a generalization. That is what you need to take issue with. My position is "PROVE IT"

That is not a generalization on my part. I am only saying there are many examples of rich people who have plenty kids . Do not misrepresent my words

1 Like

Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by simdam500(m): 10:17am On Sep 21, 2015
Give me your statistics and I'll give a response...

Cos I know of a man, rich with 10 girls all in the name of having a boy. angry
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by j1mmy: 10:48am On Sep 21, 2015
yomi007k:
MINDSET is Everything.

The Rich man, is a planner and is Reponsible for his actions.
He has a vision for a kids n has compared d possibility with his source of income.
He also is a very busy dude, with alternative sources of pleasure other than sex.

The Poor man, does things anyhow.
Believes God will take care of them.
His forms of pleasure only includes Sex and Drinking.

That's all

Not all i'm afraid....

Rich = maybe not educated but enlightened, challenges mainstream ideologies, mentality and primitive practices.

poor = god is the only solution, no commonsense to think rationally, religious due to ancestors beliefs, irresponsible as a result.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by Citypen: 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
The rich does not need to have many children because they can afford the best of health provisions to guarantee, except for an act of God, survival of the few children. Children of the poor are subject to non-conducive situations which often result in loss of few. Another perspective for many children is the pooling of resources factor for the parents upkeep when they are old. The more the children, the higher the chances of at least one breaking the poverty cycle.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by sam90s(m): 5:00pm On Sep 28, 2015
Did you say 100 likes?, wow! we are so proud of you.

refreshrate:

i dont understand this type of English o, besides i got over a 100 likes so take cake and get some rest
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by refreshrate: 5:17pm On Sep 28, 2015
sam90s:
Did you say 100 likes?, wow! we are so proud of you.

me sef im proud of me!

284 likes now!
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by sam90s(m): 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2015
refreshrate:

me sef im proud of me!
284 likes now!

Tell me when it cures cancer, remember Wizkid sells more concert tickets overall than Femi Kuti, that doesn't mean he makes more sense.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by refreshrate: 5:23pm On Oct 03, 2015
sam90s:

Tell me when it cures cancers, remember Wizkid sells more concert tickets overall than Femi Kuti, that doesn't mean he makes more sense.

Says the guy who couldn't compose a simple sentence in English.

Guy stroll abeg
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by digitsolution: 5:37pm On Oct 03, 2015
Because they have all the time on their hands and nothing concrete to do. Hence making love at any given time. And also the traditional believe that if they have many kids one of them will definitely be very successful and take them out of poverty and squalor......

Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by sam90s(m): 11:20pm On Oct 03, 2015
refreshrate:

Says the guy who couldn't compose a simple sentence in English.

Guy stroll abeg
I'm Nigerian not English, and François Hollande has a shaky command of English, I guess that makes you better than him right?
and I'm on vacation right now, I take a stroll every evening, go on take the easiest way out! 'Guy stroll abeg' really?
while you're at it, compare Dangote's diction to Femi Fani Kayode and decide who inspire you most, ode.
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by refreshrate: 11:46pm On Oct 03, 2015
sam90s:

I'm Nigerian not English, and François Hollande has a shaky command of English, I guess that makes you better than him right?
and I'm on vacation right now, I take a stroll every evening, go on take the easiest way out! 'Guy stroll abeg' really?
while you're at it, compare Dangote's diction to Femi Fani Kayode and decide who inspire you most, ode.

Is your father an idiot or your mother raped by orangutans on a regular basis? who the fvk are you referring to as ode?

Thunder fire your entire clan bloody idiot, you must be mad. You for no school at all na so we will know its only money that matters to you r3tard. both fani kayode or dangote which one you be?

beast
Re: Why Do Poor People Have More Children Than The Rich? by sam90s(m): 12:11am On Oct 04, 2015
refreshrate:

Is your father an idiot or your mother raped by orangutans on a regular basis? who the fvk are you referring to as ode?

Thunder fire your entire clan bloody idiot, you must be mad. You for no school at all na so we will know its only money that matters to you r3tard. both fani kayode or dangote which one you be?

beast

ah ah ah, see as you go ballistic, that was really easy man, I should have said 'mumu', you sure need to nurse your fragile ego beg. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Husband Saves Screenshots Of Our Chats / Marriage Is Not An Achievement / My Wife Has Not Allowed Me Touch Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.