Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland (26417 Views)

RULE 22 / Man On His Kneels To Beg Rich Man In Car For Money In Lagos / This Is What Someone Begging For Money In The Church Through Whatsapp got (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Go Down)

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by sirollybest(m): 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
Objection my lord.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:
I hereby propose to create a new rule that forbids anyone from asking for money for money - especially investments and donations - on Nairaland later today. The enforcement of this rule will completely block the activities of many scammers. Any objections?

Yeah right way to go.abeg i want to change my moniker ooo
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by respect80(m): 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
Oga seun please reconsider that decision.

Thanks
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by niggi4life(m): 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
Accepted
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Aminat508(f): 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by bqlekan(m): 6:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
Good move, but how about those who needs genuine help?.. like the case of Djdola. may his soul rest in peace sad

7 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
as u wish
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Seun(m): 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
firstEVA:
What happens to those who have genuine urgent needs?
We have no really reliable way of distinguishing between genuine needs and those that are not genuine, so I would appeal to people with such needs to rely on other channels of support such as their family members , friends, and churches.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
ok
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Dexpro: 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
Truly, there is no viable way of knowing who genuinely need help or a con artist. You have already made up your mind concerning creating the rule. just go ahead and create it.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Omotayor123(f): 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
Yes Seun.. What about those Nairalanders that might truly need help Any special plan for those.?

I propose you verify the claim of those that makes such request before endorsing the donation. Besides, it's a donation I.e "willingly and not compulsory". We shouldn't stop those that want to help from helping!

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by sniper1305(m): 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seconded
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by issokay01: 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:
I hereby propose to create a new rule that forbids anyone from asking for money for money - especially investments and donations - on Nairaland later today. The enforcement of this rule will completely block the activities of many scammers. Any objections?
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by buygala(m): 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun please I need 50,000 naira to sort out an urgent need smiley

God bless you for sending the money in advance cool

9 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by tunwumi: 6:24pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:

Please we need dislike button too

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
everybody is afraid to object. so go ahead and ban
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by jackydon(m): 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
grin Objection please[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by espn(m): 6:25pm On Sep 20, 2015
it shouldnt be banned. in as much as no one is forced to give out.

7 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Aminat508(f): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
bqlekan:
Good move, but how about those who needs genuine help?.. like the case of Dydolla it so.. (forgotten his moniker) may his soul rest in peace sad
DjDola

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by cococandy(f): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:
I agree with banning personal soliciting. Anyone with urgent need can go through tehn. When they verify his/her case, then they announce it and people can donate as moved.
MrsAnyanwu:
Seun this world is full of good and bad, whatever that's an Original ,there must always be fake, I don't know what to say, but what of those dat are in dire need of money? Innocent nd genuine ones, how would u know them....... Scammers are everywhere on earth, pls think this through thoroughly , thank you ......
danbrowndmf:
No sir dont do that. Expecially for the donations. Donations here have saved many pple from either sickness or something bad...
Omotayor123:
Yes Seun.. What about those Nairalanders that might truly need help Any special plan for those.?
I propose you verify the claim of those that makes such request before endorsing the donation. Besides, it's a donation I.e "willingly and not compulsory". We shouldn't stop those that want to help from helping!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by MyMouth(m): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
*in olisa muteu's voice* This is a slide to dictatorship on Nairaland! Seun, u are becoming a threat to our democracy!

15 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by gurunlocker: 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
kamoru.... help me bring opon IFA, lemme ask the gods
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by MrkenOkonkwo(m): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
grin
cc: opiaku the fraudster! no food for u again.

2 Likes

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by danbrowndmf(m): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun:
No sir dont do that. Expecially for the donations. Donations here have saved many pple from either sickness or something bad...

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Blitz888(m): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
Let's put it to vote.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Monalisa185(f): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
nawa o
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by MrsAnyanwu(f): 6:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
Seun this world is full of good and bad, whatever that's an Original ,there must always be fake, I don't know what to say, but what of those dat are in dire need of money? Innocent nd genuine ones, how would u know them....... Scammers are everywhere on earth, pls think this through thoroughly , thank you ......

1 Like

Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by absoluteSuccess: 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
You can't take that away from reality.
Re: Rule 22 Against Asking For Money On Nairaland by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
Godmother:

Exactly! Seun this won't be a rule, but an infringement sort off. Everyone recognises that this is an open forum and care should be exercised when dealing in money issues. So nobody holds nairaland responsible when something goes wrong. If you enforce this rule you will only succeed in frustrating some genuine people looking for help.

It goes beyond that. There's a reputational issue.

This is double-edge sword. As an active member of TEHN, the voluntary network of Nairalanders that decided to coordinate linking helpers to the needy on Nairaland with considerable achievements so far, this rule will not be welcome.

But at the same, I understand where Seun is coming from - abuse of such and damage to Nairaland reputation if anything goes wrong.

Yet, I don't think throwing the baby away with the bathwater is the impediment. Just stricter.

After all, I'm not aware of any case of fraud from donations yet, all cases of frauds on NL are from businesses gone wrong. Do we ban businesses (eg auto section deals) totally because of this?

20 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12)

Heavy Rainfall Kills Man In Ado Ekiti Yesterday (Graphic Pics) / 5 Greatest Lies In Nigeria! / Boat Accident In Sokoto Kills 13 Children (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.