Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,697 members, 7,805,860 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" (44993 Views)

Saudi Military, Noa Advocate Alternative Narrative On Terrorism. / Why Do Blacks Disrespect Ben Carson? / Why Are Muslims Outraged At Dr. Ben Carson? - Cramjones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 20, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8Froer0s9c
Washington (CNN)— Ben Carson says the United States should not elect a Muslim president.
"I would not advocate that we put a Muslim in charge of this nation. I absolutely would not agree with that," the retired neurosurgeon and Republican presidential candidate said Sunday on NBC's "Meet the Press."

Carson, was asked Sunday whether a president's faith should matter to voters.

"I guess it depends on what that faith is," he said. "If it's inconsistent with the values and principles of America, then of course it should matter. But if it fits within the realm of America and consistent with the Constitution, no problem."

Asked whether Islam is consistent with the Constitution, Carson said: "No, I don't -- I do not."

He said he is open, though, to voting for a Muslim for Congress. "Congress is a different story, but it depends on who that Muslim is and what their policies are, just like it depends on what anybody else is," Carson said. "If there's somebody who is of any faith but they say things and their life has been consistent with things that will elevate this nation and make it possible for everybody to succeed and bring peace and harmony, then I'm with them."

Carson said he has no reason to believe President Barack Obama isn't a Christian.

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/09/20/politics/ben-carson-muslim-president-2016/index.html
Cc lalasticlala

26 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by faaiz4ever(m): 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
Why? ... FTC for the second time today
Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Imortal001: 8:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Ezenwammadu(m): 8:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
Nobody wants a potential jihadist having nuclear warhead

338 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
Imortal001:
Why?
Ben Carson is running a close second behind frontrunner Donald Trump in the Republican presidential race and his base is mainly christian conservatives.

28 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Lilimax(f): 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2015
Glad to know that a lot of Americans are beginning reason with their head. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed Waiting for that day a Christian will become the president or whatever they call it in U.A.E.

261 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
The two leading Republican candidates, Donald Trump and Ben Carson are really railing against immigration and Muslims and the party's grassroots base is rallying behind them. If the GOP gets into power next year, it's going to be awkward for foreigners in the

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by BALLOSKI: 9:27pm On Sep 20, 2015
Wow!

If this guy I so admire could be this offensive, then I cease to admire him from today.

*looks at my shelf, picks the books : "gifted hand and the other one , throw them into the dustbin*

67 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Canme4u(m): 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2015
Lilimax:
Glad to know that a lot Americans are beginning reason with their head. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed Waiting for that day a Christian will become the president or whatever they call it in U.A.E.

In your wildest dream.

US are the one claiming and advocating for democracy so, if a Muslim has the support of the people, so be it cos it is democratically allowed.

BTW, I don't see much difference btween you and BOKOharam cos both of you are religion FANATICS.

105 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by BALLOSKI: 9:30pm On Sep 20, 2015
Lilimax:
Glad to know that a lot Americans are beginning reason with their head. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed embarassed Waiting for that day a Christian will become the president or whatever they call it in U.A.E.
America belongs to which religion? The day a Muslim become the president or prime minister of isreal, then Dubai can have a Christian president.

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by stanech: 9:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
I agree with him. Obama is the first and last.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by eagleeye2: 9:55pm On Sep 20, 2015
Just thinking about the movie "Homeland".

5 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 20, 2015
Lilimax:

The UAE is an empire built on the doctrine of Islam, it is the religion that holds them together. The USA on the other hand is built on democratic principles and institutions. Does one's religion preclude him from holding public offices in a democracy? I don't think so.

I don't think a country like the United State should concern itself with its President's religion; afterall they're the ones championing the concept of a 'free-state'.

For the purpose of the election, I think Ben Carson's sentiment on this issue is a blunder. His position just like his stance on homo-sexuality in the US is clouded by his deep-christian religious outlook; He's obviously not ready to govern a complex entity like the United States.

78 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by ERODEDEAST(f): 10:07pm On Sep 20, 2015
That's a good observation
LIVE on CNN

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by wadetaw202: 10:12pm On Sep 20, 2015
SenseiX:

Ben Carson is running a close second behind frontrunner Donald Trump in the Republican presidential race and his base is mainly christian conservatives.

I think he is 4th in popularity among Republican candidates.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by husnath(m): 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
Islam is the largest growing religion in the world. By 2060, Islam will be the largest religion in the world (PEW research). That means we will have an increase in American Muslims as well, which in turn means non-Muslim Americans will regularly interact with American Muslims. That means your kids and grandkids will have doctors, lawyes, engineers, etc. that are American Muslims. Do you really want to continue the ignorance?

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 20, 2015
wadetaw202:

I think he is 4th in popularity among Republican candidates.
Nah he's 2nd since over a month now in the Real Clear Politics averages of all polls now, Bush is 3rd and Ted Cruz is 4th. Walker has fallen out of the top tier while the only lady Fiorina is fast rising.

7 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by wadetaw202: 10:23pm On Sep 20, 2015
SenseiX:

Nah he's 2nd since over a month now in the Real Clear Politics averages of all polls now, Bush is 3rd and Ted Cruz is 4th. Walker has fallen out if the top tier while the only lady Fiorina is fast rising.

I fear a bush overtake of Carson. But I am afraid Truman would clinch the primaries. He is vocal, outgoing, loud, proud, self imposing and almost violent in his utterances. He looks the type that will play dirty politics if he has the opportunity. Carson on the other hand does not look forceful enough, though he is coming up gradually. If I am to choose who lifts GOP's banner at the general election, I will go for Ben Carson. He is the next hope and next repairer of the damaged american Godly heritage.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 20, 2015
wadetaw202:

I fear a bush overtake of Carson. But I am afraid Truman would clinch the primaries. He is vocal, outgoing, loud, proud, self imposing and almost violent in his utterances. He looks the type that will play dirty politics if he has the opportunity. Carson on the other hand does not look forceful enough, though he is coming up gradually. If I am to choose who lifts GOP's banner at the general election, I will go for Ben Carson. He is the next hope and next repairer of the damaged american Godly heritage.
Bush won't rise despite his huge cash haul and Trump will eventually lose steam. Carson might win the first primary in Iowa because of his strength with Christian Conservatives.
In my opinion the person to watch is that Fiorina lady, She had a strong debate performance and the media seem to be pushing her narrative. I'm rooting sentimentally for Carson too though, his story inspired me back then in my teen years.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by bodejohn(m): 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
I didn't see anywhere in the interview where he said this...misleading topic.

All I can see in the leading Republican presidential candidates except my Carson is another senseless war in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria with terrible regulation on visas.

Maybe Americans need change...

6 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by wadetaw202: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2015
SenseiX:

Bush won't rise despite his huge cash haul and Trump will eventually lose steam. Carson might win the first primary in Iowa because of his strength with Christian Conservatives.
In my opinion the person to watch is that Fiorina lady, She had a strong debate performance and the media seem to be pushing her narrative. I'm rooting sentimentally for Carson too though, his story inspired me back then in my teen years.

Truman losing steam? I don't see that happening. I've not listened to any of Fiorina's speeches though. I prefer a Ben Carson presidency; america needs his disciplinarian stance.

2 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 20, 2015
wadetaw202:

Truman losing steam? I don't see that happening. I've not listened to any of Fiorina's speeches though. I prefer a Ben Carson presidency; america needs his disciplinarian stance.
Believe me he is, a lot of Trump's fans are realizing he's all talk with no concrete plans to achieve his aims...he has reached his peak and would start to drop.

7 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by coolitempa(f): 10:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
husnath:
Islam is the largest growing religion in the world. By 2060, Islam will be the largest religion in the world (PEW research). That means we will have an increase in American Muslims as well, which in turn means non-Muslim Americans will regularly interact with American Muslims. That means your kids and grandkids will have doctors, lawyes, engineers, etc. that are American Muslims. Do you really want to continue the ignorance?

Stop dreaming......and think about now.... cheesy....there are more Catholics alone than all Muslims put together.... cheesy

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by kay29000(m): 10:43pm On Sep 20, 2015
It is hard to imagine America with a Muslim president...Like having a black James Bond.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by fistonati(m): 10:45pm On Sep 20, 2015
Well, in my own observation politics cannot be separated from religion. Its his own opinion. All dt matters is may God lead us and our paths

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by kay29000(m): 10:49pm On Sep 20, 2015
BALLOSKI:
Wow!

If this guy I so admire could be this offensive, then I cease to admire him from today.

*looks at my shelf, picks the books : "gifted hand and the other one , throw them into the dustbin*

That's what religion does...He is a radical Christian and doesn't like radical Muslims...How ironic. This is why I stay neutral.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Eastlink(m): 11:26pm On Sep 20, 2015
SenseiX:

Your points have substance. The conservative christian community (and to a large extent the elderly American voters) are rooting for Carson, based on his stand on homosexuality, immigration and other issues. He is a role model to many Americans both, blacks, whites native Americans and Latinos. Me think he will emerge victorious as the Republican Presidential flagbrearer.

11 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by PenSniper: 11:42pm On Sep 20, 2015
Bialegend:
"Values and principles" exactly what Nnamdi Kanu of Radio Biafra has been harping on about. If you live together in a country with peoples of opposite "Values and principles" to yours as obtains in Nigeria's of today, then there is no way such a country will proper nor have peace. For us Biafrans to achieve our target goals in life, we must fight hard to separate from Nigeria where these northerners and south westerners are clogging the wheels of our progress. We do not
have anything in common with them.

Yet your SE states, solely controlled by you, have been relatively backward compared to others. So, where is the proof of your so-called progressiveness. Keep deluding yourself.
However, i pray for your biafra project to see you perform the miracles.

10 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Idrismusty97(m): 11:47pm On Sep 20, 2015
None of the candidates campaigning are even Muslims so who is he throwing the jab at? Ben Carson just officially lost the presidential race before it even start. He is indirectly mocking the American constitution and democracy as a whole. He wouldn't have even dream of being a Presidential candidate if Blacks were still not allowed to run for any post, If Apartheid still exist. But today the US has a black man as their president. I am afraid Ben Carson may also lose respect as a world renowned neurosurgeon. Just check out the BBC page and see how he is being criticized for the statement by fellow Americans. Racists Americans would also take advantage of this to spread propagandas of how "Hateful" Ben Carson is giving more reasons why you should vote for only whites. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153110441612217&id=228735667216&refid=17

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by oleeee(m): 11:59pm On Sep 20, 2015
BALLOSKI:
America belongs to which religion? The day a Muslim become the president or prime minister of isreal, then Dubai can have a Christian president.
u fit go murder all d royal families there say u want xtian as dia king,,,,mumu,,,,

5 Likes

Re: Ben Carson On US Muslim Presidency: "I Would Not Advocate That" by Nobody: 12:11am On Sep 21, 2015
Idrismusty97:
None of the candidates campaigning are even Muslims so who is he throwing the jab at? Ben Carson just officially lost the presidential race before it even start. He is indirectly mocking the American constitution and democracy as a whole. He wouldn't have even dream of being a Presidential candidate if Blacks were still not allowed to run for any post, If Apartheid still exist. But today the US has a black man as their president. I am afraid Ben Carson may also lose respect as a world renowned neurosurgeon. Just check out the BBC page and see how he is being criticized for the statement by fellow Americans. Racists Americans would also take advantage of this to spread propagandas of how "Hateful" Ben Carson is giving more reasons why you should vote for only whites. https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153110441612217&id=228735667216&refid=17
Actually Carson's chief backers are among right wing white evangelicals. He is not so popular among blacks because of his strong criticism of the dependence of African Americans on welfare and the perpetual victim mentality. I don't particularly like this statement of this but he says stuff like this because that's what his base wants to hear.
He caters primarily to an audience of Southern white evangelicals skeptical of Trump and distrustful of Establishment candidates. That said though the statement was offensive really.

12 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

12-yr-old Boy With Growth Tail Hailed As god In India / 75-Year-Old Woman Marries A 27yr Old Man...says 'love Has No Age Limit' / Belarus Foreign Minister, Vladimir Makei, Killed By Russian Assassins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.