Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,758 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable (22667 Views)

My Fiancee Is Not Trustworthy, She Had Sex With Her Ex Boyfriend / My Fiancee Is All About Money And Fast Foods.. Pls Advise / Horrific Way I Discovered My Fiancee Is Not Only A Cheat But A Prostitute. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 21, 2015
A close friend of mine discussed this issue over the weekend. He said he needs an urgent advice so I decided to bring it up here. This is his story.
Michael (not real name). 28 years has been in a relationship with this girl for four years. According to him they are actually planning to get married next year. The girl in question resides in the states (united states) and she's working and also schooling there. But every year she spends her holidays down here in Nigeria, it was during one of her holidays that Michael met her. To cut a love story short they both fell in love, so much in love that the decided to take there relationship to the next level. Michael is a banker and he wants to settle down with this girl. According to him he has done a formal introduction to the girls parents and the agreed to accept him as their in-law. They have even fixed there wedding sometime next year after his fiancee graduation. Now he has a serious problem, during her last visit to Nigeria last month Michael noticed something different in her. He said that she suffers from chronic mood swings and sometimes extremely depressed. At first he wasn't bothered because he said that when they started dating initially he saw those traits in her but waved it off as her normal behaviour And he also said that it only happens to her whenever she's angry or the have a little bit of quarrel. But this her last visit revealed otherwise. This time according to him she gets a bit violent and needs a powerful subduing before she calms down. Then to his greatest shocker he noticed some pills she takes, when he went online to search what those pills are for he discovered it was for patients with Bi polar disorder...
Now my friend is really confused he doesn't know what to do. He truly loves this girl but he's afraid of her behaviour and since they're planning to get married there's no going back. What suitable advice can we give him because this is serious. embarassed

Mods abeg front page...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by saintkash(m): 11:04am On Sep 21, 2015
since its a medical situation I ll advice thr both work together towards making her better but if its a case dat cannot be treated or that will be permanent. .. my advice to ur friend is dat he should pull over or even sef.. back out cos INTRODUCTION NO BE MARRIAGE.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by dominique(f): 11:13am On Sep 21, 2015
Before getting to the bottom part of the post, I was already suspecting that she could be bi-polar. It is a mental condition that can be managed. If this is something your 'friend'cannot handle, its better to back out before tying the knot.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by DICKtator: 11:20am On Sep 21, 2015
So what is the biggy if she is bi-polar?

At least she knows that she has a "challenge" and is seeking solution to it

70% of Nigerians are sick and suffer from various disorders they don't even know about.
From Multiple personality disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder so what are you saying?

A lot of mad people are roaming the streets,if you don't believe me,drive round Lagos and observe the cocaine sniffing bus drivers and you wouldn't be a doubting Thomas anymore!.

Visit clubs and see for yourself what is going down

A country where someone allegedly steals billions and seemingly gets away with it? Even gets chieftaincy title?

No. I ain't sanctimonious but lets call a spade a spade!!!

grin grin grin grin

117 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by Anoruo(m): 11:20am On Sep 21, 2015
Okay
Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by Dottore: 11:21am On Sep 21, 2015
Urgent medical and spiritual attentuon

1 Like

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by passionate88: 11:21am On Sep 21, 2015
Runaway as fast as you can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by Raymondville(m): 11:21am On Sep 21, 2015
He should first find out if it can be treated, but I doubt if it can because she might have done so if the opportunity came. Most mental disorders are difficult to treat. Once a toxicant can pass through the blood brain barrier, na damage be the next thing.

1 Like

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by 360dreezyjones(m): 11:22am On Sep 21, 2015
They should seek medical advice and PRAY well..nothing is impossible to heal in the eyes of our God Almighty.

9 Likes

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by sexymoma(f): 11:22am On Sep 21, 2015
E nor get cure?
Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by trigar12(m): 11:23am On Sep 21, 2015
shocked This is stronggggggggggg shocked
Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by luminousity(m): 11:24am On Sep 21, 2015
Since he claim he love her, there is no cause for alarm.
now his self claimed love is being put to a test but my man is shivering already.

21 Likes

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by olexjay(m): 11:24am On Sep 21, 2015
Then I think the guy should pray in asking from God if she's truly the one for her or not. Then if she's really your partner then I think you should pray to God for divine healing and try all other medical treatment before you go into marriage. May god help the guy.

The problem we people made is choosing without God, like loving cos of beauty, status and other physical look.. You just have to kneel down then fast and pray that they lord God should help you while choosing and not to just choose just like that, not until when you go to pastors but you pray on your own.

4 Likes

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by Acidosis(m): 11:25am On Sep 21, 2015
It can happen to anyone. Please you all should go online and read about it before spewing trash online.

The cause of most mental disorder is unknown. i.e. it can strike anyone at anytime. Good thing is, it can be duly managed/treated.

You can decide not to marry her and seek a female without bipolar disorder. Just make sure you know her FUTURE health condition before you marry.

12 Likes

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by davemike1(m): 11:25am On Sep 21, 2015
Dnt wori, I'v notified em @ yabaleft...

1 Like

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 21, 2015
B
Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 21, 2015
My brother carry her go THE LORDS CHOSEN CHURCH @ IJESHA. Since she de USA give her this website to watch services,live www.thelordschosenworld.org or lordschosentv.org
You(Micheal) should also visit the Lord's chosen Ministry. Come along with her photos. During prayers you raise her picture up. Distance is no barrier with GOD.
Tuesday- 8am & 5pm
Thursday - 8am
Sunday- 7am.
Thursday are always a Bomb!

This coming Sunday would be a good day.
That case is beyond medical reasoning.

Don't leave her cos u don't know the next person u gonna meet.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by AfroKnight: 11:26am On Sep 21, 2015
Eeya. Bipolar patients are unpredictable. He should back out since he already has second thoughts on this.

See Gobe - Davido 2013
Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by rukkyland(m): 11:26am On Sep 21, 2015
it's your friend call. let Him decide.
Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 21, 2015
Bipolar disorder is a lifelong illness that needs careful management. Your friend will have to 'cope with a lot of issues'. Who knows, maybe technology will provide a cure within a decade.
Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by Pasidon(m): 11:26am On Sep 21, 2015
Don't start what u are not sure to finish........... RUN UR ASS OFF
Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by Policewoman(f): 11:26am On Sep 21, 2015
luchy34:
A close friend of mine discussed this issue over the weekend. He said he needs an urgent advice so I decided to bring it up here. This is his story.
Michael (not real name). 28 years has been in a relationship with this girl for four years. According to him they are actually planning to get married next year. The girl in question resides in the states (united states) and she's working and also schooling there. But every year she spends her holidays down here in Nigeria, it was during one of her holidays that Michael met her. To cut a love story short they both fell in love, so much in love that the decided to take there relationship to the next level. Michael is a banker and he wants to settle down with this girl. According to him he has done a formal introduction to the girls parents and the agreed to accept him as their in-law. They have even fixed there wedding sometime next year after his fiancee graduation. Now he has a serious problem, during her last visit to Nigeria last month Michael noticed something different in her. He said that she suffers from chronic mood swings and sometimes extremely depressed. At first he wasn't bothered because he said that when they started dating initially he saw those traits in her but waved it off as her normal behaviour And he also said that it only happens to her whenever she's angry or the have a little bit of quarrel. But this her last visit revealed otherwise. This time according to him she gets a bit violent and needs a powerful subduing before she calms down. Then to his greatest shocker he noticed some pills she takes, when he went online to search what those pills are for he discovered it was for patients with Bi polar disorder...
Now my friend is really confused he doesn't know what to do. He truly loves this girl but he's afraid of her behaviour and since they're planning to get married there's no going back. What suitable advice can we give him because this is serious. embarassed

Mods abeg front page...
Bipolar gini? Bros collect Usain Bolt sharp sharp....
Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by Adiwana: 11:27am On Sep 21, 2015
ok
Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by menix(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2015
Nah this kind thing make me slap an Army Sergeant before the nxt event woke mi up..

How can u be asking for advice wen u ve discovered that ur to be wife is amongst those classified "Many re mad but few are roaming".

Abeg marry am, then go market square go marry anoda mad woman..

Tomorrow u will come and tell us ur kid killed you nd took ur heart as souvenir..

2 Likes

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by kennyman2000(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2015
Hmmm.. Just afraid of the guy life.. What if she gets violence and stab him one day..
Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by boboLIL(m): 11:27am On Sep 21, 2015
Rather marrying a mental disorder person,,, I choose to be single.... Marriage is not dating.....

Which advice he want sef? Quit her abi u wan mk we tell am mk he stick around mad person? OYO

3 Likes

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by hola106(m): 11:28am On Sep 21, 2015
God help u
Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by kennysteve77: 11:29am On Sep 21, 2015
Fellow Nairalanders, as we harness the benefits in this forum to improve ourselves, let us be conscious of our tomorrow by paying a keen attention to the educational development of our children. I was invited to this group and I remain indebted to the colleague that invite me as I am still learning there... CONCERNED PARENTS & EDUCATORS NETWORK. Click here: www./SchoolFinders
Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by Ndawe(f): 11:29am On Sep 21, 2015
"He truly loves this girl but he's afraid of her behaviour and since they're planning to get married there's no going back"

WRONG!!!! They're not yet married, do not confuse introduction for marriage, they're PLANNING TO, not that they are already married. Some peeps have even gone as far as traditional marriage and called it off eventually, for one reason or the other. So do not enter what you will regret, marriage is for life my dear. If you cannot manage it, do not be scared to back out. A broken relationship is waaay better than a broken marriage.
Be wise ohh..

6 Likes

Re: Help My Fiancee Is Mentally Unstable by Warlord3000(m): 11:29am On Sep 21, 2015
Unfortunate but can be managed...

If you can't handle it...

Walk away

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Favourite Who Loved Me / 5 HOT! Positions Men Dating ‘fat’ Women Should Use (photos) / Is A Girl Who Does This Every Man's Dream Girl? ( PICTURE )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.