Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,398 members, 7,800,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car (35087 Views)

12 Reasons To Do A Car VIN Check Before You Buy That Car / Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car / Before You Buy That Used Car, Look Before You Leap. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by bodee(m): 4:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
sashx:
Car maintenance: bane of Nigerian youths' ability to save
is this a project topic or what

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by Realacars: 4:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
chiibekee:
I said after my graduation oooo

Lol... Yes it's going to be after your graduation, no charges apply!

Please checkby when you're ready, we're willing to help you get the best deal.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by morereb10: 4:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
Realacars:

Camry tiny light

Op hmmm that car done old now, even in 2009 is still the same prize, how is that possible? And how much would big daddy cost? And are u talkinn about direct bejon.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by Realacars: 4:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
morereb10:

Op hmmm that car done old now, even in 2009 is still the same prize, how is that possible? And how much would big daddy cost? And are u talkinn about direct bejon.

Pardon me, I just checked your budget, can you use the contact us page to reach us so that we can recommend some for you.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by gbengalite(m): 4:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
Does V6 Engine consume fuel e.g. Toyota SUV...?
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by Realacars: 4:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
gbengalite:
Does V6 Engine consume fuel e.g. Toyota SUV...?
Yes, all V6 does

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
chiibekee:
This thread is just for me cos am planning on getting one after my graduation.
well,I checked ur DP,u are not bad at all,I can get u one if u marry me tonight.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by morereb10: 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2015
Realacars:

Pardon me, I just checked your budget, can you use the contact us page to reach us so that we can recommend some for you.

Were will I find ur contact us page now? Is it in the website on ur signature?
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by tuoyoojo(m): 4:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
omojoshy:
Toyota steals the show in terms of Fuel Economy, Ruggedness, Comfort, Durability and Second hand values cool grin

Dat was wat I tot bf. But hav u tried peugeot
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by mkmonday: 4:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
GOOD ADVICE
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by Intrepid01(m): 4:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
Realacars:

Toyota are known to be solid, you really don't have to bother but you can always keep an eye on the service date and always ensure you listen to the sound of your engine while driving once in a while.

It'll help you detect faults earlier.

As for the Fuel, what's the Engine of your car? 4 cylinder or V6?

Thanks for the hints.

Errrm, its V6
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by thexzy(m): 5:03pm On Sep 21, 2015
valencia25:
Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car:

An average Nigerian with a low budget face this type of dilemma often, most especially the people that want to buy their first car but they don't have that millions of Naira to splash out on a car.

In as much as i hate to disagree, cars are liability and you get to start spending on it immediately you make payment.
Of course you get to spend by fueling the car but it also have its importance.

Back to the Topic, Which Type Of Car Should I Buy?
Ans: Buy something you can maintain even if it means waiting to complete the figures.

Maintenance of a car: is the basic thing every car owner must consider before making payment.
Do a thorough research, ask questions from anonymous mechanics that is not affiliated with the dealer or seller about the type of Car you want to purchase if it's worth it and be very sure you're not going to pay for a car you won't be able to afford its parts.

Are the parts available in the market? This has to come next to maintenance of a car, don't just wake up one day and go for that beauty you found available because you want to drive around like a boss!
Mechanical parts are not to be trusted, the car you park can develop a fault when you restart the ignition. Yes it's that weird.

You must have seen cases of some expensive cars parked and you'd wonder why the owner abandon his/her car on a strange spot.
Unavailable or expensive parts could be the cause. Most times, it's the cause.

That Mechanic around your area can testify to the above.

Fuel consumption: are you that guy or lady that have a specific budget to spend for a certain period of time, please avoid buying a car that consume fuel because you'll realise you're spending above what you've budgeted.

Your road: Although this one might not seem like an excuse but this is what realacars is all about, we're not going to assume all our audience have good roads.

As the case might be, it's not possible. If you fall into this category you really should think about this clue.
Don't force your car to follow that bad roads, cars run with engines and parts. Don't be surprise if your car suffer alignment and shock absorber problem often if you persists.

You can as well get the car but minimize the number of times you force it on that bad road.

There are lots more we will share with our readers subsequently on realacars.com and we'll try as much as possible to publish affordable cars that are in good condition on this webpage.

Source: http://www.realacars.com/2015/09/which-type-of-car-should-i-buy.html

Cc: Marpol
You should have mentioned the car Mileage as that'§ very important to check out for when buying a car except u are purchasing a brand new....In buying my first Ride, I checked my car mileage to be M34k. The ride is still bouncing so well up till today. I hv no regrets or whatsoever in getting that for myself coz I fixed my mind on what I wanted.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by Exceptionalkeil(m): 5:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
Any idea of the fuel consumption, spare part of Lexus Rx series
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by thexzy(m): 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
themosthigh:
[size=18pt]Never drive a better car than your pastor.

Can the car help you get the girl that you deserve.

make sure you ask God to give you a sign to prove that the car is goos.

Nevet buy a car that is more expensive that your tithea[/size]
That'§ ur own mentality....it doesn't work that way please

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by Empredboy(m): 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
olaolulazio:
Best thread since morning till now!

meanwhile OP, a friend of mine has 130k, can he get a good car with 2extra tyres, alloy rims, extra parts, limited consumption of fuel, power steering and many more?
Tell ur friend to buy a plane instead cos its cheaper and faster.

3 Likes

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by ikoduduakpode(m): 5:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
I beg ooo someone is in need of 200k car good enough for transportation, any seller should hola 08130957361.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by olaolulazio(m): 5:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
Empredboy:
Tell ur friend to buy a plane instead cos its cheaper and faster.
Maybe u will help me tell him, his name is Seun Os.....
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by butterflyatalan: 5:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
dckng16:
Mileage can be tampered at times
That's because you're buying from a bad dealer. Not sure if they have trusted and certified dealers in Nigeria. Still, mileage is the most important. Heard Nigerians don't know about that aspect
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by InvertedHammer: 5:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
/
Unless you live in Abuja and few other metropolis, it makes no sense to buy a new car in Nigeria. Expensive parts, bad roads, inexperienced mechanics (car may be under warranty but if you venture out of your state), the environment (washing off mud scratches the paint and dulls the color) and danfo drivers/okada who cannot wait to dent the car.

A newer car usually looks different in Nigeria because of the numerous abuses it goes through on a daily basis.

So why not buy a certified used car that has gone through several points inspection. It makes more sense.
/

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by sashx(m): 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
bodee:

Lol.
If you want to take it. Ll provide u wit real life scenarios.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by butterflyatalan: 5:39pm On Sep 21, 2015
Being an adventurous lady, I would have loved to get a sport car, but being a student cannot allow it. So I am opting to get an economic brand such as Toyota, Hyundai or maybe Nissan. Toyota lasts long, easy on gas, and the best in terms of economic cars. I'm trying to get something with 4 cylinders. ..and with modern feel to it. Most importantly, something in my price range. I'm getting a 2016 Toyota corolla. I got one for a cheap priceb $18000, including processing fee.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by moscobabs(m): 5:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
Realacars:

Don't change while accelerating.
Please note: You're to change to 1 or 2 when your car is halt not when it's on motion to climb.

After climbing successfully, you can return back to D
thanks. you,Gazuzz and Sienna have been helping me out on car issue. since 2013.

God bless u all

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by butterflyatalan: 5:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
InvertedHammer:
/
Unless you live in Abuja and few other metropolis, it makes no sense to buy a new car in Nigeria. Expensive parts, bad roads, inexperienced mechanics (car may be under warranty but if you venture out of your state), the environment (washing off mud scratches the paint and dulls the color) and danfo drivers/okada who cannot wait to dent the car.

A newer car usually looks different in Nigeria because of the numerous abuses it goes through on a daily basis.

So why not buy a certified used car that has gone through several points inspection. It makes more sense.
/

I disagree with you. Buying a new car will be better. Think of the cost of repairing the car over time, specially with how Nigerian auto engineers treat the cars. When you calculate how much you gotta drop every time you visit the autoshop, you might as well as just buy a new car. Common sense will tell you never to use the car on bad roads. You may entertain the use of public transportation when the need be. You don't have to be on the road with your car every time.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by sashx(m): 5:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
bodee:

Lol. Take it and I will give you real life scenarios.

Mehn, Imagine spending almost 600k to maintain a car within a year and still counting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by chiibekee(f): 5:55pm On Sep 21, 2015
dancok:
well,I checked ur DP,u are not bad at all,I can get u one if u marry me tonight.
am sorry, u came very very late
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by InvertedHammer: 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2015
butterflyatalan:

I disagree with you. Buying a new car will be better. Think of the cost of repairing the car over time, specially with how Nigerian auto engineers treat the cars. When you calculate how much you gotta drop every time you visit the autoshop, you might as well as just buy a new car. Common sense will tell you never to use the car on bad roads. You may entertain the use of public transportation when the need be. You don't have to be on the road with your car every time.

/
So what's the point in buying a car and let it sit in your garage while you use public transportation? It defeats the whole purpose of buying a car. New cars spoil too from a mixture of things like driving through all the flooding in Lekki, adulterated fuel, just to mention a few.
Certified used cars will serve as if not better than a new car. And you are getting it cheaper too. Why do you think that the price of a car becomes highly discounted as soon as you register it? Because potential buyers and other Nigerians know what a typical car goes through in Nigeria. It is the reality.

Worst part of it all is that quiet a good number of car owners in Nigeria do not jack about cars. They buy because a particular brand is en vogue and affordable. Regular check up? Yeah right. You expect the folks that don't do medical check ups to take a car for routine maintenance.
/

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by ciwi: 6:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
valencia25:

You're very lucky, Chevrolet parts are expensive but the cars are cheap in Nigeria.

Good decision.

What can be said of Hyundai Elantra, 2008?

What's the fuel consumption level like? And body parts, are theyhard to get?
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 21, 2015
chiibekee:
am sorry, u came very very late
how,I can still make it up.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by Realacars: 6:15pm On Sep 21, 2015
morereb10:

Were will I find ur contact us page now? Is it in the website on ur signature?

You can find it here:http://www.realacars.com/p/contact-us.html

Sorry for the late response.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by Realacars: 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
InvertedHammer:

/
So what's the point in buying a car and let it sit in your garage while you use public transportation? It defeats the whole purpose of buying a car. New cars spoil too from a mixture of things like driving through all the flooding in Lekki, adulterated fuel, just to mention a few.
Certified used cars will serve as if not better than a new car. And you are getting it cheaper too. Why do you think that the price of a car becomes highly discounted as soon as you register it? Because potential buyers and other Nigerians know what a typical car goes through in Nigeria. It is the reality.

Worst part of it all is that quiet a good number of car owners in Nigeria do not jack about cars. They buy because a particular brand is en vogue and affordable. Regular check up? Yeah right. You expect the folks that don't do medical check ups to take a car for routine maintenance.
/

Well said.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by shamecurls(m): 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
Atimes, you wonder the criteria that makes the admin to push topics to front page. e.g "Tonto Dike kisses her dog in a brand new style". You did be amazed to find it as the first topic on a Monday morning. grin grin grin

olaolulazio:

meanwhile OP, a friend of mine has 130k, can he get a good car with 2extra tyres, alloy rims, extra parts, limited consumption of fuel, power steering and many more?
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by engrshakespeare: 6:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
olaolulazio:

Off course, tell ur friend to get a toy car

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

General Motors Will No Longer Produce These 6 Cars / 10 Limousines That Are Almost Unheard Of In Nigeria. / Urgent Help Needed My Car Is Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.