Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,947 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:30 PM

NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles (20457 Views)

Contaminated Rice Uncovered By CPC In Uyo, Akwa Ibom (Photos) / Girl Eating Noodles From A Toilet Bowl (Photo) / Why Can't Ladies Cook Without "Maggi"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by just2endowed: 3:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
Obinoscopy:

http://www.nafdac.gov.ng/component/k2/item/280-public-alert-notice

i have made this warning here in nairaland 2 month ago......

just2endowed:
batch of instant noodles worth more than £32m is being destroyed by Nestle, in what could be a major blow to the company's reputation across India.

Maggi noodles, the brand's fastest-selling product, were ordered off shop shelves a fortnight ago after government tests revealed some packets contained unsafe levels of lead.

Although Nestle insists the noodles are safe to eat, a massive operation is under way to collect tainted stock from factories and shops across the country.

Before the contamination scandal took hold, Maggi had an 80% share of the instant noodles market - and it had been named as one of India's five most-trusted brands.

But at the start of June, safety officials in Delhi discovered the product had 17.2 parts per million of lead.

Accepted limits in the country are between 0.01 and 2.5 parts per million.

Consuming excessive amounts of lead can lead to bones, the nervous system and kidneys becoming damaged - and it has been linked to learning disorders in children.

Also found inside the products were elevated levels of MSG, a flavour enhancer which was not included in the list of ingredients.

When the food scare began, Nestle claimed tests performed on 125 million packets of Maggi noodles proved that they were compliant with food safety standards.

Since its launch in the 1980s, Maggi has become popular with students in schools and universities across India, generating sales of £157m each year.

Nestle India is currently challenging the ban imposed by India's food safety regulator.

http://news.sky.com/story/1502990/nestle-to-destroy-instant-noodles-worth-32m

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by waice6571: 3:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
I wonder why people can't read btwn d lines?
This product have a great potential to have its own cut from noodles market chart so competitors are trying to kill it from introduction stage.
If not let them prove thier allegations against d product beyond any doubt.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by baloney: 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
alert is OK but that isn't enough
Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by baloney: 3:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
alert is OK but that isn't enough
Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by omojeesu(m): 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ab initio, all noddles are no foods. They are 'dead' materials. Go for natural foods especially fruits and vegetables ......Nature made. As organic as possible.

He who has ears, let him hear!
Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by menix(m): 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
Yep am jobless, have u got a vacant position in the morgue were u work?

Thou u sound bereaved buh won't stop mii frm saying RIP to the fellow..
Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by ollapaul(m): 4:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
Where did you get it from?
kay29000:
Chai!!! And I just bought 4 dozens. Na wa o! cry
Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by 1love4all: 4:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
Stale news.
Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by akbahbah(m): 4:33pm On Sep 21, 2015
kay29000:
Chai!!! And I just bought 4 dozens. Na wa o! cry

omo na die u dey o if u chop am I
Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Take note. But which one is Nestlé Maggi Noodles again

Looks yummy though...

It is available in Nigeria....in very few(big supermarket type) shops.

Can't talk about how it tastes though....noodles is off my menu.
Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by doe: 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2015
A few months too late. Where was NAFDAC when India and Kenya issued alerts months ago?
Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by spothot: 5:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
dis country sef!!!!
........something that has been in the international news more than a month ago is what they are just telling Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by DikSin(m): 5:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
SeverusSnape:
Take note. But which one is Nestlé Maggi Noodles again

Looks yummy though...

This is the first noodle i ever ate in the 90s before the indomie juju buffeted our generation sad
Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by kazzonline: 7:23pm On Sep 21, 2015
DikSin:

This is the first noodle i ever ate in the 90s before the indomie juju buffeted our generation sad

Am glad somone finally remembered dis noodle!! This was d first ever noodle in nigeria,it was hot in the 90s before indomie now took over i never knew nestle produced it,
Wot interested me and my siblings back den was the advert about it been prepared in just 2 mins nd d way dos kids in d advert wia slurping it on tv,well tp be honest we wia dissapointed,the taste wasnt that great cos the maggi was 3 much sef.
Den indomie took over

2 Likes

Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by Lincoln275(m): 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
inevitableme:
I haven't heard or seen this brand of indomie before. Indomie market plenty sha
all noodles is now indomie abi?
Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by m20208899: 8:24pm On Sep 21, 2015
Why has it taken NAFDAC more than 3 months since the Maggie noodles saga was discovered before alerting Nigerians.
It was reported in Britain early June; see BBC link below;

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-33017571

1 Like

Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by piagetskinner(m): 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
All those lazy arse girls who do not know how to cook anything other than indomie, should be the ones to take caution undecided good one NaFdac
Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by DikSin(m): 9:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
kazzonline:

Am glad somone finally remembered dis noodle!! This was d first ever noodle in nigeria,it was hot in the 90s before indomie now took over i never knew nestle produced it,
Wot interested me and my siblings back den was the advert about it been prepared in just 2 mins nd d way dos kids in d advert wia slurping it on tv,well tp be honest we wia dissapointed,the taste wasnt that great cos the maggi was 3 much sef.
Den indomie took over
Sometimes I just want to screem: "O Lord, bring back the 90s to shame all these "00" that we the best!"

God bless all the late 80s babies cheesy
We will all be rich!
Re: NAFDAC Issues Alert On The Presence Of Contaminated Nestle Maggi Noodles by UjSizzle(f): 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2015
Never even heard of it before undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To make a Yummy Korean Egg Roll Omelette(wow) / How Do I Make Soya Bean Powder? / 10 Foods That Will Help You Gain Weight!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.