Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,933 members, 7,806,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:14 PM

Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly (20721 Views)

How To Verify If Your Car Number Plate Is Authentic Or Fake / Never Buy A Nigerian Used Car / Save Money And Never Buy A New Car Battery Again! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by Realacars: 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
Based on the promise, we'll try as much as possible to share helpful articles on realacars.com

Fortunately, i didn't suffer that much with my first car but i only know i get comfortable space to sit at my mechanic place, don't ask me the minimum time I've spent before.

Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly, there are lots of reasons we'd like to share with our dear readers on realacars.com but we'll try as much as possible to make this article short so you don't get bored reading.

Maintenance: i don't need to stress this, just read Things You Must Consider Before Buying That Car. https://www.nairaland.com/2614851/things-must-consider-before-buy.
Thank me later.

Scammers/Fake Sellers: this is one of the reason why we created this platform, we want to source Real Available Cars for our readers.
There are lots of scammers out there and they're ready to pounce on their prey without hesitation, they know some people are vulnerable.
Most times, people that fall victim are the silent ones, you see the reason why you should never buy that car secretly because if you discuss with one of two friends they'll share their own idea with you and that can safe you some money.

I could remember sourcing a car for a client in 2014 and the seller told me to pay 13k into a certain bank account number before inspection. I can't be this dumb.

Disgraceful Car Dealers: Shout out to the reputable ones out there, keep doing the good job and if you happen to fall in the other category, your cup will be full one day.

They're aware of your ignorance and they understand how impatient some buyers can be when the cash is available.
Hence, they'll never be honest in any way to you. Some of them can even claim the AC of a car is as chilled as a Deep Freezer... Well done!

That Unkept Mechanic: Be contended with him if he's the closest to your area, if you're that kind of person that doesn't like to involve friends and family in your deals.
Well, you still can't get that your car secretly because chances that you might regret your decision is very high, so if Kazeem, Chinedu or Abubakar is readily available.
Meet and discuss with him, he should be able to give you one or two tips.
After all, he's a mechanic and he most dev have experience than you for a start!

Lastly, Involve closest pal: Involve people you can confide in because you're not buying a toy car that will limit to your room, you're buying a car in reality.

Although, "What people think about you or your car is none of your business but what your 'Pocket' think about you is most definitely your business and your concern".

The people you excluded when you're about buying the car are the same set of people that will be available to assist you. Don't mind the mechanic, he's just doing his job and he'll get paid.

Are you still saving towards your first car, why not Subscribe to our updates and be the first to read our Articles, it'll best guide you when you're about to get one.

Source: http://www.realacars.com/2015/09/why-you-should-never-buy-your-car.html

Cc: Marpol, lalasticlala, isilove

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by INTROVERT(f): 6:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
reading
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by TheMainMan: 6:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by billy187(m): 7:48pm On Sep 21, 2015
This is a mistake I made when buying my present car, a Naija Ghana used 2003 Ford Focus Wagon.

I was moving from a Chevy Suburban that I had used in the US and I did not want people to ask why I'm downgrading from 4X4 to small car. It happened to be the first locally used car I bought and I had no idea of the concept of 'Tropicalization'. A while after I bought the car I took her for a scan and voala.........no thermo, fan relay error, dpfe sensor error: the works. I've managed to fix up the exhaust and thermo errors but nobody seems to know how to fix the botched up fan wiring. (one kazeem even claimed he'd attach it to pulley...like a rwd car!! I ran away sharply grin).

The cars runs pretty good (reaches optimal temp in 3 mins!)--except for the fact I cannot 'sneak' into the house with the noisy fans and the batteries I have to change every 2 years!! angry

the Lesson: NEVER, never buy a car secretly! Nice one OP wink

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by Realacars: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
billy187:
This is a mistake I made when buying my present car, a Naija Ghana used 2003 Ford Focus Wagon.

I was moving from a Chevy Suburban that I had used in the US and I did not want people to ask why I'm downgrading from 4X4 to small car. It happened to be the first locally used car I bought and I had no idea of the concept of 'Tropicalization'. A while after I bought the car I took her for a scan and voala.........no thermo, fan relay error, dpfe sensor error: the works. I've managed to fix up the exhaust and thermo errors but nobody seems to know how to fix the botched up fan wiring. (one kazeem even claimed he'd attach it to pulley...like a rwd car!! I ran away sharply grin).

The cars runs pretty good (reaches optimal temp in 3 mins!)--except for the fact I cannot 'sneak' into the house with the noisy fans and the batteries I have to change every 2 years!! angry

the Lesson: NEVER, never buy a car secretly! Nice one OP wink

Lol... I was laughing really hard while reading your comment.

Quite impressed with your honesty, lesson learnt. I hope other people can learn 1 or 2 things from your experience. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by elitehowcom: 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
for real?
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by Dottore: 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
Really
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2015
Alright
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by damton(m): 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
Noted.
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by Sicozone(m): 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
Alrighty
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by Nobody: 12:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
Realacars:
Based on the promise, we'll try as much as possible to share helpful articles on realacars.com

Fortunately, i didn't suffer that much with my first car but i only know i get comfortable space to sit at my mechanic place, don't ask me the minimum time I've spent before.

Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly, there are lots of reasons we'd like to share with our dear readers on realacars.com but we'll try as much as possible to make this article short so you don't get bored reading.

Maintenance: i don't need to stress this, just read Things You Must Consider Before Buying That Car. https://www.nairaland.com/2614851/things-must-consider-before-buy.
Thank me later.

Scammers/Fake Sellers: this is one of the reason why we created this platform, we want to source Real Available Cars for our readers.
There are lots of scammers out there and they're ready to pounce on their prey without hesitation, they know some people are vulnerable.
Most times, people that fall victim are the silent ones, you see the reason why you should never buy that car secretly because if you discuss with one of two friends they'll share their own idea with you and that can safe you some money.

I could remember sourcing a car for a client in 2014 and the seller told me to pay 13k into a certain bank account number before inspection. I can't be this dumb.

Disgraceful Car Dealers: Shout out to the reputable ones out there, keep doing the good job and if you happen to fall in the other category, your cup will be full one day.

They're aware of your ignorance and they understand how impatient some buyers can be when the cash is available.
Hence, they'll never be honest in any way to you. Some of them can even claim the AC of a car is as chilled as a Deep Freezer... Well done!

That Unkept Mechanic: Be contended with him if he's the closest to your area, if you're that kind of person that doesn't like to involve friends and family in your deals.
Well, you still can't get that your car secretly because chances that you might regret your decision is very high, so if Kazeem, Chinedu or Abubakar is readily available.
Meet and discuss with him, he should be able to give you one or two tips.
After all, he's a mechanic and he most dev have experience than you for a start!

Lastly, Involve closest pal: Involve people you can confide in because you're not buying a toy car that will limit to your room, you're buying a car in reality.

Although, "What people think about you or your car is none of your business but what your 'Pocket' think about you is most definitely your business and your concern".

The people you excluded when you're about buying the car are the same set of people that will be available to assist you. Don't mind the mechanic, he's just doing his job and he'll get paid.

Are you still saving towards your first car, why not Subscribe to our updates and be the first to read our Articles, it'll best guide you when you're about to get one.

Source: http://www.realacars.com/2015/09/why-you-should-never-buy-your-car.html

Cc: Marpol, lalasticlala, isilove
why undecided

Go straight to the point, no be story we won dey hear.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by MrMcJay(m): 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
OP, thou sayest true words.
Verily I say unto you, there remaineth one member of this forum that selleth cars he haveth not and refuseth to refund funds obtained by his cunningly devised fables.

In simple english, be careful of scams and ask the seller why he is selling so as not to buy cars obtained by fraud, robbery or inspired stealing.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by omojeesu(m): 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
Those who want to buy secretly must check their own motives.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by BiggerBangs: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
grin
Booked!!

Make i read the article first angry

[size=20pt]BiggerBangs [/size]was here

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by adesegun121(m): 12:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by Dimsteel(m): 12:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
ok
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by haryomikun(m): 12:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
Noted... Still having that dream of a Honda EOD car when m in 500level cry

Meanwhile,,,,
DJ haywire is about to burst your speakers again with the mixx master, DJ haywire. This is a mix of the latest 9ja music and is considerably smaller in megabytes size compared to the last edition mix....
Below is the tracklist

1.Krept and Konan ft. Jeremih x Wizkid x Davido x Ice Prince x Fuse ODG - Freak Of The Week
2.Wande_Coal_-_My_Favorite
3.Patoranking Ft. Wande Coal - My Woman, My Everything
4.Wizkid - Expensive Shi.t
5.Sheyman - Kokan Aye
6.Hennessy Ft 2face & Wizkid - DanceGo (Eau de vie)
7.DJ Xclusive Ft. Davido - Wo Le |
8.DJ Xclusive Ft. CDQ & Lil Kesh - Dami Si
9.Tekno - Anything
10.DAVIDO ft UHURU + DJ BUCKZ - THE SOUND
11.Uhuru ft Wizkid - Duze
12.MC Galaxy - Komolop Cholop
13.Runtown Ft Uhuru - The Banger
14.Jefak x Nedo ft. Stringz - Koko Below
15.Wande Coal Ashimapeyin
16.Vector - Shiga ft Tools
17.Daboy - Bolenbe_prod_by_Antras
18.Orezi - Shuperu Remix ft Davido
19.Reminisce - SKiLASHii
20.Omo Akin - Ijo Oloti Remix ft. Skales
21.Olamide - BOBO
22.Phyno X Olamide Ft Lil'Kesh - Ladi
23.Sexy Steel - SISI
24.Mo'Blow - Wiggle Ft. May D
25.LIL KESH FT Viktoh - Efejoku
26.Kiss Daniel - Laye
27.Timaya Some More
28.DJ Spinall ft. Timaya - Excuse Me
29.Terry G ft. Wizkid, Phyno & Runtown - Knack Am
30.Masterkraft ft. CDQ, Olamide & Davido - Indomie (Remix)
31.Lil Kesh - Gbese

This mix will get you dancing when you least expect it to and even give hustlers more inspiration when hustling *winks*
Click the download button and get ready to groove guys!

The download link is http://Datafilehost.com/d/dfd4bf61

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by florence15(f): 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
Informative..
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by Richie0974: 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
Heard...
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by amunkita(m): 12:20pm On Sep 23, 2015
Reason dad bought mii a private jet

4 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by dOnLarich: 12:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
Why will I gan self
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by Dcaliphate(m): 12:31pm On Sep 23, 2015
for ladies esp.
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by olaolulazio(m): 12:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
k
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by j4sure(m): 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2015
very insightful
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by OgidiOlu3(m): 12:46pm On Sep 23, 2015
MrMcJay:
OP, thou sayest true words.
Verily I say unto you, there remaineth one member of this forum that selleth cars he haveth not and refuseth to refund funds obtained by his cunningly devised fables.

In simple english, be careful of scams and ask the seller why he is selling so as not to buy cars obtained by fraud, robbery or inspired stealing.
Inspired stealing cheesy . I no dey there o lipsrsealed
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by meforyou1(m): 12:51pm On Sep 23, 2015
bro4u:
It depends where you buy it, if its in a city then its good for your friends to celebrate with you, BUT if its in the village esp. those notorious villages in south-south and igbo land.... Mehn ur own don finish bdat
which igboland?
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by searay(m): 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2015
Happy birthday to Akwa Ibom
#Dakkada
Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by calculusx(m): 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2015
[size=14pt] from a dealer's perspective: Most Unkept Mechanic and Close pal always (want to) milk the buyer dry.

These 2 set of people demand for outrageous amount of money to be added to the cost by dealer before they can convince the buyer to buy.

Buyer believe so much in whatever they say and if a dealer didn't dance to their tune, they convince the buyer and take him elsewhere. This is a norm especially in Lagos.
[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Why You Should Never Buy Your Car Secretly by seanjy4konji: 12:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
nice one for the up and coming.

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Lexus Gs300 Check Engine, Vsc, Vsc Off Light Is On. How Do I Wipe It Off? / Photo Of An Overloaded Vehicle In Plateau State / Italdesign, Airbus Develop Car That Can Be Airlifted Above Traffic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.