Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:02 PM

Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria (5500 Views)

Afribank Aptitude Test / Afribank Recriuts Online Now / Job At Afribank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by christi4fr: 5:06pm On Apr 14, 2009
Afribank Nigera Plc is one of the silent bank,they are not loud and yet their pay is one of the highest in the industry. A recent survey of banks pay shows that they are one of the highest payed banks. my friends there are so happy with their pay

It was just recent discovered by new generation bank staff and they started rushing to the bank.

Their entry level pay doubles one of the new generation banks that claim to be the best in IT and customer service.
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by layi4reeal: 6:27pm On Apr 14, 2009
u may be right. i was told that afribank pays =N=3.5m per anum for entry level. don't know how true that is sha. i was at their head office today and i was told that there is an embargo on their employment which will be lifted soon. just watch out and keep ur ears on the floor. PEACE OUT!!!!!!!!!
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by Ajengogo(m): 7:03pm On Apr 14, 2009
You guys are right. I am an Afribank staffer. Entry level pay is 4.5 Million per annum + profit sharing
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by tkb417(m): 9:10pm On Apr 14, 2009
i dont know the annual gross but im sure the entry level pay is quite good.

i know its close to 300k if not slightly over
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by ladeeh09: 10:20pm On Apr 14, 2009
impossible to sustain that type of salary for long, what do they do that gives them so much profit to pay that high, anyway goodluck to the staff. grin
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by IykeD(m): 10:25pm On Apr 14, 2009
wow!
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by tayoast(m): 11:25pm On Apr 14, 2009
M O R A L E !

This is good for MORALE. (smbody say High!)
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by Epiphany(m): 1:36am On Apr 15, 2009
ladeeh09:

impossible to sustain that type of salary for long, what do they do that gives them so much profit to pay that high, anyway goodluck to the staff. grin

Very true sir! The next thing we will hear is that the bank is either sacking people, tying their salaries to their performance or slashing their salaries in half. Nairaland had some threads in the past of similar things happening in banks like platinum and intercontinental - and these two banks were at one time or the other, the highest paying too.
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 8:53am On Apr 15, 2009
That's surprising o.
I hope Afribank is not playing to the gallery like some of the other new generation banks. No big deal really if a company pays that amount, or even more at entry level. The problem is that in Nigeria, everybody go rush go the place, salaries become bloated, and the profits won't support the overhead, cos as we all know, majority of people wey dey hustle job for naija won't add zilch value to the companies they are struggling to enter.
What really stumps me is that banks will spend billions on IT infrastructure and also go ahead to overhire staff. What was the point in investing in all that technology if you need so many bodies?
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by edatika(m): 9:51am On Apr 15, 2009
AjanleKoko:

That's surprising o.
I hope Afribank is not playing to the gallery like some of the other new generation banks. No big deal really if a company pays that amount, or even more at entry level. The problem is that in Nigeria, everybody go rush go the place, salaries become bloated, and the profits won't support the overhead, cos as we all know, majority of people wey dey hustle job for naija won't add zilch value to the companies they are struggling to enter.
What really stumps me is that banks will spend billions on IT infrastructure and also go ahead to overhire staff. What was the point in investing in all that technology if you need so many bodies?

word!!
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by iwefactria: 12:35pm On Apr 15, 2009
Afribank, i dont believe it.
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by joxiri: 12:41pm On Apr 15, 2009
this is some useful information, at 4.5 thats almost 400,000 a mnth for entry level, men thats uk wages, when next are they recruiting i will pack my load nad go back home
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by Agbo2(m): 3:07pm On Apr 15, 2009
Believe it or not,
entry level is N3.8M excluding profit sharing.
thats the fact!
i'll keep you guys informed on next recruitment.
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by bababuff(m): 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2009
Na Lie. grin grin
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by joxiri: 3:39pm On Apr 15, 2009
thats still a decent wage please do keep us in touch. thank you
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by AjanleKoko: 9:04pm On Apr 15, 2009
LOL!!!
Na wa for naija oh!
So Afribank is now the next destination for the job 'panhandlers'?
Come on guys.
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by porka: 12:12pm On Apr 16, 2009
can we see a thread of evidence please? like a pay check/slip. delete the name and other personal information. dont worry, we can tell the fake ones.

until then, i remain a doubting thomas. afribank only sell jamb forms to the best of my knowledge, they are not playing in the o & g market, their market share in p.s. is very low too, so how are they offsetting the mega salary?
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by onwell(m): 12:38pm On Apr 16, 2009
what is the yardstick of measurement, lets have a flash back on one of our new generation banks that announced their arrival as the highest paying bank and after three months went back to square one
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by idupaul: 12:29pm On Apr 17, 2009
300 k entry level/, lol, poster get ur facts rite b4 posting pls
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by SweetT1: 10:39pm On Apr 17, 2009
idupaul:

300 k entry level/, lol, poster get ur facts rite b4 posting pls

Afribank?? Who dash them? No Nigerian bank pays half that much.
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by tobaina: 11:59pm On Apr 17, 2009
Afri_Bank!!!
wey no get correct ATM?
this sounds like fallacy.
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by gboy24: 12:52pm On Apr 18, 2009
Guys, Afribank is sure paying well now. i work in Intercontinental and lots of people i know here and in other banks are tinkin of jumping ship. A Finbank branch ere in Lagos lost their Relationship manager and 4 marketers to them just last month. d marketeres were entry level and were offered the next level in afri. pay was btw 4.5-4.8million for the 2nd level. its hard to see how they make so much profit but im sure they dont have half of our staff strength so the money can go round. plus they have a new, young and dynamic MD dat wants to reshape the bank. could be a cool place. for me, i worked in 1st bank and i think a new generation bank suits me beta. challenging, but wat should a young man be lukin for other dan challenges cos dats overcoming them is the only tin dat can set u apart in this world of ours. cheers pple
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by bushclint(m): 6:03pm On Apr 20, 2009
hi guyz,itz hard 2 believe,but all d same,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,av been enjoyin dat mega sal 4 a long time now, im a staff,
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by ugwuoke: 4:13pm On Apr 21, 2009
guy i no agreeo i dey work for one big bank sef
but their pay package for entry level sef na just 1.89m
how common Afribank wen de shekki shekki go fit pay 3.8 abi you
say na 4.8m
make unah go find work leaf mouth talk
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by ifydarkie: 4:38pm On Apr 21, 2009
Make una no mind d guy jare - na Bad Belle - he wants us to come and join him in suffering there. Guy - u dey O Y O. grin
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by jimuchy: 6:24am On Apr 22, 2009
Don't worry guys I can assure you that if the pay is real it won't last for too long
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by Joey82(m): 10:08am On Apr 22, 2009
i think the banks in Nigeria have the highest number of migrating staff. if afribank were paying that high, 4 sure a lot of peeps would ve left zenith, UBA and a lot of other banks to join afri. d funny thing is i ve never heard or seen a staff of other banks leaving 4 afri. that puts a big question mark to the fat salaries quted here.
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by dammiecool(m): 1:17pm On Apr 22, 2009
if na true I go like cross over o cool cool cool cool
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by boojwa(m): 2:57pm On Apr 22, 2009
i'm kinda surprised though?! really tot that bank's old fashioned, so i kinda find it hard to blieve, anyways guud lock to y'all shocked
, bsides any one wif onfo on a guud job in port-harcourt?
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by cliveland: 10:14am On Apr 23, 2009
ol boy no let dry leafs cover ur eyes, entry level supposedly na 3.4+m [including 1.1m profit sharing dat neva comes]. all these promises are on paper when u just enta, 6 months afta comfirmation life would then becomes real, if u get 1/3 ur payslip na jazz u use!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nothing works there, colonial banking, no payslip 4 staffs so dy can conceal what dy earlier promise u, [ d only way to cover their incredible deductions] d guys claiming to be enjoying ask them while other banks gave their staffs xmas packages if ur dear Afribank gave, not to mention d supposed profit sharing,na posting all d things dem write for 4 d employment letter, i wish some1 with guts can approach so i can sue their ass

if a bank that says on paper, ur salary excluding profits sharing is 2.4m per annum ends paying u N57k per month x 12 equals what, am not an accountant, just a lawya.
shocked sad angry embarassed
go n find out properlyyyyyyy.

a word is enough 4 those wey open earsssssss!
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by cliveland: 10:27am On Apr 23, 2009
b4 i 4get,

ask the staffs if their 2009 upfront were paid?

some would say yes, next question, how much,?,,, cos some r even indebt because of d upfront till date.

yeye bank shey na bank sef, yes na kalokalo house.

all those running there i hope n pray they ve plan bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Re: Afribank: The Big, Liquid, And Highest Paying Bank In Nigeria by edoyad(m): 6:00pm On Apr 23, 2009
There's a reason First Bank, UBA and Intercontinental are now top 500s. And it's cos of not doing such.

(1) (Reply)

I Wrote An Article For This Person From Nairaland And She Didn't Pay Me / Urgent Vacancies For Teaching Job / APPLY FOR 2016 PTDF LOCAL MSC SCHOLARSHIP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.