Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,849 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae (42545 Views)

How Fulani Herdsmen Cut My Head With Matchet- Onyebuchie / Police Reacts To Olu Falae's Ransom Claims / Olu Falae Meets Mimiko After Gaining Freedom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by sosanova: 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
Born on September 21, 1938, the former Finance minister was kidnapped by over 20 Fulani herdsmen who invaded his farm and attacked his over 200 workers.

Many of his workers including the farm Manager identified as Bruno were matcheted while others were reportedly wounded and are on admission in different hospitals.

Reports from the family said that the fulani herdsmen have been having issues with the workers in the farm over the grazing and the destruction of the farmland by their cows.

The herdsmen reportedly came back on Monday in large number and attacked the farm before abducting the politician.
Vanguard was told that on arrival the herdsmen shot indiscriminately into the air, a situation which made the workers to flee to different directions.

They reportedly beat up the National chairman of the Social Democratic Party SDP and dragged him on the floor when he refused to go with them.

Police source however said that the Fulani herdsmen may have been used by other interested party who have requested for a ransom.

The herdsmen according to the police source may have been paid off and the victim handed over to those who have made contact with the family after carrying out the hatchet job.

Speaking with newsmen, the spokesman of the SDP in the state, Remi Olayiwola said that the abductors have contacted the wife of the ‎victim Mrs Rachel Falae and requested for N100m ransom expected to be paid before the end of work on Tuesday.

Olayiwola said that the accent of those who contacted the wife of their National chairman was that of the fulani.

Newsmen were ‎barred from entry into his residence located along Oba-ile in Akure metropolis while other sympathizers and party members gained free access into the compound.

The state police authorities ‎confirmed that the Funali herdmen invaded the farm, attacked, wounded and beat up the former Minister before whisking him away to an unknown destination.

Spokesman for the state command, Wole Ogodo said that ‎Chief Falae was taken away while some of his staff were seriously wounded.

Ogodo pointed out that in a swift response no fewer than 50 policemen had been deployed to the area to search for him.

He added that‎ until the search party led by the Deputy Commissioner of Police, operation Ishola Abdulahi, the command would not be able to ascertain the whereabouts of the septuagenarian politician

The police spokesman said it was too hasty to conclude that the politician was kidnapped.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/how-fulani-herdsmen-abducted-olu-falae/

1 Like

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by SeverusSnape(m): 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
My goodness!... So the man was abducted by Fulani herdsmen?, What the hell is wrong with these blood-sucking, good-for-nothing cave men??...Can't Buhari Call his brothers to order?, As a grand patron of the 'miyetti alllah' association, can't Buhari rein on his compatriots?.

They kill in the north Central and some parts of the South, believe you me, there's a systematic ethnic cleansing going on in the North. Their goal is to install an Emir in every Nigerian state. Everyone should be at alert.

As for Falae, Nothing should happen to him. I hope he's found hale and hearty.

105 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by chocolateme(f): 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2015
I pray they get him back hale and hearty. Those wicked generation. Sometimes I wonder how they are connected to Nigeria.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by helpinghands(m): 9:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
Mother : - Osas bring me water in a cup ! Osas : - To drink? Mother: - No, to turn to wine.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by doublewisdom: 9:43pm On Sep 21, 2015
Ewo! This should herald in world war 3. What? Fulani land must be invaded this night!

2 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by chiefbamo(m): 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
Nobody is safe in this country anymore o.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 21, 2015
Chai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by Ezenwammadu(m): 9:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
Nothing good will ever come out of fulani herdsmen

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by Spaxon(f): 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
Fulani herdsman and their maggot infested brains ..
Your cows thread on peoples farms and when the owners complain you kidnap the owners smh

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by jaymejate: 9:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
Fulani is turning to Niger Delta .
#confused

3 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by doublewisdom: 9:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
And the said abduction happened in Yoruba land? Ogun, sango, ewedu, ifa etc must go to war tonight.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by benedictnsi(m): 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
SeverusSnape:
My goodness!... So the man was abducted by Fulani herdsmen?, What the hell is wrong with these blood-sucking, good-for-nothing cave men??...Can't Buhari Call his brothers to order?, As a grand patron of the 'miyetti alllah' association, can't Buhari rein on his compatriots?

Must you blame Buhari for Everything

Nawah oooo

18 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
A master and slave relationship gone wrong

91 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by Nobody: 9:54pm On Sep 21, 2015
they voted for change, they are getting served. proudly 5%

83 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by SeverusSnape(m): 9:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
benedictnsi:

Must you blame Buhari for Everything

Nawah oooo
I don't blame him for everything, but in this case, He's complicit. If the host community should retaliate, B00HARI will go to the state and start asking the governor "why are your people killing my people?" - like he did some years ago in Ondo. These people are his people, He can call them to order with ease.

90 Likes 10 Shares

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by omokab: 9:58pm On Sep 21, 2015
In fact, I don't know how Fulani tribe is so violet. From north to north central,from south east to south west etc. Anywhere they go they must be a problem to that environment. Even kogi state at okene must of the arm robbery cases along that road is carried out by Fulani. They steal rape and kill. Most of their cattle herdsmen have gun in their possessions. They are ready to kill anybody who ask them no to bring their cows to eat on his farm. Government should just find lasting solution tp their problem.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by doublewisdom: 10:01pm On Sep 21, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
A master and slave relationship gone wrong
Even the chief slave is not spared.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by eluquenson(m): 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
Fulani herdsmen, your days of reckoning is coming.
I pray they find this man alive, he's such a cool headed man, I just admired him.

5 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by jamex93(m): 10:13pm On Sep 21, 2015
This fulani ppl sha
Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by Kingspin(m): 10:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
This one no concern FG na NNPC and politics them de after.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by neocortex: 10:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
doublewisdom:
Even the chief slave is not spared.

Falae is no slave to anyone, he is a man of his own will,
you probably got carried away by ethnocentric bigotry.

11 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by naijaking1: 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
I fear for this man's life. Bola Ige comes to mind.

2 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by akinvest(m): 10:27pm On Sep 21, 2015
One Nigeria!grin grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by ANBAKO: 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2015
Who cares who kidnapped him. The bottoming here is that this country has serious security issue that needs to be fixed immediately. One of them is death sentence for convicted kidnappers.

The most unfortunate here is that Olu Falae is making headline due to his affluence and position unfortunately when 2 of my colleagues were kidnapped in the street of port Harcourt in May this year...no newspaper news, when my subordinates wife who has a 3 month old baby was kidnapped less than 2 months ago...nothing special.

Inequality is killing Nigerians everyday. Politicians are flying private jets while the masses are dying on bad roads, senators pocketing million as wardrobe allowance while the masses are naked, government spending billion on food while masses can hardly afford a gala.

May God help us

Do good for good to come your way

56 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by DankemzI(m): 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
Nigerians pick up arms and defend yourselves the government doesn't give a damn

8 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by Babe2sure(f): 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
Fulani herdsmen again? Their menancing activities needs to be checked, and fast. They are so volatile and aggressive. Their weird behaviour is getting incessant and nightmarish!

They don't seem sound, mentally. They cannot differentiate between human and animals again,because of the ways they are reported to be slaying and terrorizing people.
And now this!

14 Likes

Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by cyberdurable(m): 10:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
lol...
Re: How Fulani Herdsmen Abducted Olu Falae by LeOstrich: 11:36pm On Sep 21, 2015
The level of impunity displayed by these fulanis alongside their almajiri okada hausa comrades has escalated since Buhari was sworn in.

In their minds their preferred candidate didn't just win but the country now belongs to them.

Thousands flocked to Abuja after Buhari was declared winner and they are now a concern to security as they wait for Buhari's 5k pledge.

This is why I keep saying that the SW never knew who or what they were voting for.

The Sai baba mantra was and still is the rallying call for almajiri mob to attack christians and southerners in the north and in my book is no different from the Nazi chant of Hiel Hitler!

Well you voted for change and so you must settle for change.

This is truly the beginning of the end

Here is an old quote by a British colonialist on Fulanis

BishopMagic:
In describing the Nigerian Middle Belt, Wallace (1902) observe:

"In Nassarawa country, a once fertile and populous province, one can only view the remains and ruins of large and totally deserted towns, bearing witness to the desolation wrought by 100 years of internecine strife and slave-raiding by the Fulani."
(W. Wallace [1902] quoted in Sciortino 1920:5)

Today, nothing has changed!

Online Reference: http://www.rogerblench.info/Anthropology/Africa/The%20present%20in%20the%20past.pdf (pg: 6)

45 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

UK Terrorist Attack: Nigerians Slam PMB On Twitter / Atiku, PDP Appoint Abdullahi Hussaini Maibasira As Campaign Finance Director. / Ganduje's Ex-Aide, Dawisu 'Relocates' From Nigeria (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.