Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? (38718 Views)

Serena Williams and Her Boyfriend - a Rare Red Carpet Appearance Together / Shakira/omarion/kelly Rowland and Neyo Are Headed To Nigeria: / Neyo's Sister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 05, 2012
Anyone can create/edit a wikipedia page. Any Wikipedia Page without Citations should be taken with a pinch of salt.

Some Names on the list are valid though. . .
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by eddy1977(m): 1:07am On Feb 06, 2012
this confirms how ignorant nigerians are when it comes to science,geography and sociology. its so laughable anytime i date a nigerian woman.the biggest thing that stands out from them is ignorance.

its so ridiculous to read that serena is nigerian because of the shape of her butt. neyo is nigerian because he spent christmas in nigeria.
i guess i am chinese because my eyes are so small.i am at the same time russian because i spent xmas ten years ago in moscow.

wow. ignorance is a curse.
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by babsjnr(m): 2:27pm On Feb 07, 2012
Neyo is half igbo and half akata am not sure about serena williams but she had a late sister called yetunde she was killed in compton. Fews akata that came to american during the slavery worship yoruba traditional
Religion name they children yoruba names.
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by babsjnr(m): 3:15pm On Feb 07, 2012
I've met some half caste from igbo and yoruba background and I asked them have you been to Nigeria yet? Answer nah nah I never been there dad abandon us and traveled to Nigeria to get married with another women in nigerian. Some shameless yoruba men, igbo and edo bred loads of white,black caribbean , akata women used them and dump them

2 Likes

Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by dynamicsvoice: 4:48pm On Feb 20, 2012
hm! interesting to known learn more www.dynamicsvoice..com
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by OmoUSH(m): 6:13pm On Mar 28, 2013
Nigerians always love to feel great through any means,even ridiculously. Many black americans are just truelly of African and American origin. Mixed blood. If you want to knw about unknown black european dudes from west africa(especially Gold Coast), go ahead and dipdroll,but not in the American continent. It is well documented in history that the Europeans took much more slaves than all other worlds from Ghana known as DemDem. Ignorant people post ignorant informations. What a pity for Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Fussbot: 12:09am On Mar 29, 2013
Larrylarex: I dont know of Serena or Neyo but I know that Chamillionaire is a Nigerian, in fact he is from Ijebu his real is Lateef Seriki
Hakeem seriki..bros
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Fussbot: 12:10am On Mar 29, 2013
Larrylarex: I dont know of Serena or Neyo but I know that Chamillionaire is a Nigerian, in fact he is from Ijebu his real is Lateef Seriki
Hakeem seriki...maybe he is related 2 our own seriki omo owo..lol
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Fussbot: 12:13am On Mar 29, 2013
babsjnr: Neyo is half igbo and half akata am not sure about serena williams but she had a late sister called yetunde she was killed in compton. Fews akata that came to american during the slavery worship yoruba traditional
Religion name they children yoruba names.
haha!"Fews akata that came 2 american during the slavery worship"wat is dis?
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 29, 2013
akinalabi:

Ibadan women backside not dey thick like that. Ibadan women's
backside is more of heavy than thick. grin
cheesy nlanders una no go kill person ooo...
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:16am On Mar 29, 2013
Hotstepper: I knew Neyo is cuz he was at Enugu-ukwu last xmas live and direct
yeye, being invited to Enugu does automatically make him a Nigerian... So daft.
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:32am On Mar 29, 2013
He's from Kogi state (Igala to be precise), check this out. http://content.onlinenigeria.com/default.aspx?k=Asa
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by goldfish80(m): 4:09am On Mar 29, 2013
Yetunde Prize you lots are talking about is Venus/Serena's half sister.she doesn't share a biological father with them.
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Mar 29, 2013
Nas is Nigerian full name Nasiru Oludare Jones.
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 29, 2013
Yet to see an American claiming p-square

Naijan and their claiming mentality .first it was Samuel Eto'o now Serena and neyo..jeez pathetic
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Psalmwise(m): 3:30pm On Mar 31, 2013
if serena an neyo nigerians den we shud say kim kardishian is an igbo girl,tom cruise is from maiduguri,rihana is from ilaje in ondo state and even father christmas papa na hunter for my vilage
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Didi5(m): 10:25am On Jun 18, 2013
proudly9ja:

I don't think there is any sign of desperation here. I also do not However, I must add that Serena and Neyo with all due respect to them, being Nigerians or not should mean nothing. Nigeria has got loads of well known personalities within and outside Nigeria (didn't Soyinka win a Nobel prize or did Bill Clinton not call Phillip Emeagwali 'a father of the internet',? the list is endless). Last time I checked, isn't SEAL also a Nigerian? Being a Nigerian is not the issue, its what you do for your country that is the issue. IMO, the guy who labours everyday cleaning the highway in Nigeria for a minimum wage salary of 7,500naira is more Nigerian than a world renowned artiste who doesn't care about his country.

PS: I do not think Serena is Nigerian. I actually think she is camerounian. I may be wrong but I remember a particular world cup competition where she had the camerounian flag embedded on her shorts in solidarity with the football team. I also think this issue of her Natinality came up when she lost Yetunde, her sister and I think it was cleared then that she they are not Nigerians. I may be wrong.

We need to stop posting wikipedia links here as it isnt an authoritative source.
I second your post.But please dont mention PhilipEmeagwali.That man is a fraud.You can check that yourself.Thank you
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by whubbhey(f): 11:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
Its always funny wen pple insist on linkin every black celeb to naija, even some white ones o, dats hw in second sch they said celine dion was from calabar n her real name was 'celina odion' cheesy
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by CATCHYBLOGGER: 11:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
whubbhey: Its always funny wen pple insist on linkin every black celeb to naija, even some white ones o, dats hw in second sch they said celine dion was from calabar n her real name was 'celina odion' cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jun 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
Not shola but yetunde
Yetunde Price
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Nobody: 2:30am On Jun 20, 2013
what 'bout rita ora? something tells me,she's a nigerian. undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by Psalmwise(m): 1:01pm On Oct 15, 2013
Pls diz az been on my mind 4 a lng time if A person from America is called
an AMERICAN,
A person from Nigeria is called a
NIGERIAN,
A black person from America is
called a BLACK
AMERICAN,
A person from Poland is called
POLISH,
Then, a Black person from Poland
is
called ........................................?
Re: Do You Know Serena Williams And Neyo Are Nigerian? by joelenesleek(f): 2:00pm On Oct 15, 2013
Afam4eva:
Not shola but yetunde

Orrh, shola yetunde. I no fit laff una, una no go go claim all dese Mad men 4 street una dey pass pacific ocean to go thief person.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emir Of Sanusi Wears A Pair Of Louboutin / Chioma Akpotha Jokes About Omoni Oboli's Photoshopped Hips / Funke Akindele And Husband, JJC In Beautiful New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.