Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:41 PM

Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges (33437 Views)

List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges / Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Amended 16 Counts / 'Text' Received By Senators To Accompany Saraki To Corruption Trial - Sahara R. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by WebSurfer(m): 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2015
By Ikechukwu Nnochiri

The trial of the Senate President, Dr. Olubukola Saraki, at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, sitting in Abuja,commenced on a dramatic note this morning, with the accused person, refusing to mount the dock.

The trial tribunal, headed by Justice Danladi Umar, called up Saraki’s case at exactly 10:32am.

However Saraki’s has been docked and pleaded not guilty to the first, second and third charges as at the time Vanguard filed this reports.refusal to stand up as his case was mentioned, the tribunal Chairman, Justice Umar, demanded that he should leave his seat and enter inside the dock.
The Senate President who is currently sandwiched by his colleagues and friends inside the court at first called the bluff of the tribunal by retaining his seat.

“Where is the prosecution, is the accused person here?”, Justice Umar who was looking directly at Saraki from his vantage post, queried.
“Mr lord I cannot see him. I think the first thing is for him to enter the dock first, then we will announce our appearances. After which the charge will be read to him”, the prosecuting counsel, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs submitted.

“With profound respect to the chairman and member of this tribunal, I agree with my learned brother that we should enter appearances first. The order of this tribunal was that the accused should be produced today. It was not for his to enter his plea. The case was earlier adjourned for mention”, counsel to Saraki, Mr. J.B. Daudu, insisted.

Daudu vehemently opposed the idea of Saraki entering the dock, relying on an Appeal Court decided case law in Igbeke vs FRN, ‎2015, 3 NWLR.
At the moment, the tribunal is entertaining arguments on whether of not Saraki should be compelled to enter the dock to answer to the 13-count criminal charge that was preferred against him by the federal government.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/saraki-docked-pleaded-not-guilty-to-corruption-charges/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by WebSurfer(m): 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
Well, i think this country is seriously on a very long thing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by Holyfield1(m): 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
What do you expect from a pathetic criminal who drained the economy of Kwara state,Buh come to think of it o,The Kwarans grin grin still love this thief...But Why?

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by Burger01(m): 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
We are getting things right gradually. Gone are the days of flagrant abuse of power.

Now, see a mere senate president pleading not guilty.

... a mere pompous senate president. undecided

Btw, make I join Omenka and co climb tree dey watch events unfold smiley

25 Likes

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by GlorifiedTunde(m): 12:32pm On Sep 22, 2015
Ok.

We actually are not expecting you to say you're guilty - your lawyer schooled you well grin grin grin

But your face will tell the truth when the heat is turned up grin grin grin

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELT SIR ... ITS gonna be one hell of a ride tongue tongue

Ride on Danladi - ori mi n wu

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
Saraki the 9ja Kanye West undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by Oballer: 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
thats a start. you dont expect him to shout i'm guilty at first na...

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by tellwisdom: 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by bqlekan(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
I never expected him to plead guilty.. as in, no confident thief does that lipsrsealed

Ole oshi

4 Likes

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by jamesbanjo(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
Ehya...
I wish pleadin could help buh ma brother dz one nah court case no be family meeting grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by madridguy(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by osaslord500(m): 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
Saraki your father!! Y you go dey deny?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by lakside000: 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
let the film begins

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by MarvelJ: 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
Please close the next door after you... this space is NOT FOR SALE
Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by AprokoMan: 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
saraki should stay not guilty until people like obj and thieefnubu are found guilty. naainsense!

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by maestroferddi: 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
Saraki is not getting cowed that easily.
Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by fratermathy(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
The case has been adjourned to October 21st. Nigerian Judicial System and unnecessary delays!

I just hope justice is carried out effectively.
Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
grin
Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
Me i know he is guilty just like many others

2 Likes

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by donwhizkid(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
Justice must prevail..... New begining for Nigeria.... Looters beware and respect d Body Language

5 Likes

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by donholy28(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
Before do u expect him to say guilty?…anyway if saraki is jailed and amaechi is still walking free...its biased justice

3 Likes

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by tucky200(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
Why is nairaland slow,trial has been adjourned to october 21st

1 Like

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by M4gunners: 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
Yes yes yes.
Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by MadCow1: 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
Was there no Mopol around to use slap and send him into the dock? angry

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by journerman(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
Who does this man think he is

1 Like

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by emmayayodeji(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by omusiliyu(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
Saraki is innocent.
Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by DONSMITH123(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
Love this melo-drama
Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by berrystunn(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
[size=18pt]Game start....[/size]
Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by Eboski(m): 12:34pm On Sep 22, 2015
I am for you
Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by akwana: 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2015
Enter the place....you go see say AC no be fan.

1 Like

Re: Saraki Pleads Not Guilty To Corruption Charges by Firefire(m): 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2015
However Saraki’s has been docked and pleaded not guilty to the first, second and third charges

Do you expect him to plead guilty before ?

In Nigeria, criminals never plead guilty even when sentenced to death by hanging.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wedding Of William Ibori, James Ibori's Elder Brother To Younger Bride In Delta / Saraki, Senators Arrive National Hospital To See Dino Melaye / Buhari Moves To Sack SGF Babachir Lawal, Gets Likely Replacements - Naij.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.