Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,767 members, 7,806,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:35 AM

It's Over:de La Hoya Hangs Up His Gloves:leave Your Comments/thoughts - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It's Over:de La Hoya Hangs Up His Gloves:leave Your Comments/thoughts (783 Views)

Paul Arkwright Hangs-Out With JayJay Okocha In Lagos..See Photos / Obafemi Martins Hangs Out With Ronaldinho In Dubai (Photo) / Why Do Goalkeepers Spit Into Gloves? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Over:de La Hoya Hangs Up His Gloves:leave Your Comments/thoughts by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 15, 2009
Oscar de La Hoya,known as the Golden Boy of Boxing called time on his glittering career yesterday.
He began his career after picking up gold at the boxing event at the Summer olympics in Barcelona,enroute to a career that saw im win 10 world titles through 6 different weight categories and a 39-6 win-loss record.
However,his decision has come as no surprise following a demoralizing loss to Manny Pacquiao.His camp had hinted at his decision to retire,but the 4 months that followed the loss only delayed the inevitable:retirement.
What is your comment on the career of the Golden Boy?What is your most memorable fight involving Oscar de la Hoya/

Mine has to be his fights with pernell Whitaker and Vargas.
Classic 90s boxing.
Re: It's Over:de La Hoya Hangs Up His Gloves:leave Your Comments/thoughts by Cristalz(f): 9:55am On Apr 15, 2009
Don't like boxing. . .why would people want to make a living out of getting their brains mashed to a pulp?
Prefer wrestling. . .a lot more fun grin

If Mr. De La Hoya wants to hang up his gloves, I say 'go for it!!' Who wants to end up a vegetable like Muhammed Ali? He should go settle down in a country home and start some profitable trading.
Re: It's Over:de La Hoya Hangs Up His Gloves:leave Your Comments/thoughts by Nobody: 11:46am On Apr 15, 2009
criz,
I guess you're right,but there's something in man that wants to see two people beat the cr*p out of each other.That's why boxing is a sport.
Wrestling?Now that's not a sport.the whole thing,while enjoyable and sometimes amazingly athletic, is SCRIPTED.
Re: It's Over:de La Hoya Hangs Up His Gloves:leave Your Comments/thoughts by mukina2: 12:06pm On Apr 15, 2009
Good for him cheesy , its best he did when he has some teeth left grin
Re: It's Over:de La Hoya Hangs Up His Gloves:leave Your Comments/thoughts by A40(m): 3:11am On Apr 16, 2009
He had an amazing career he didn't end it too well though but hey how many boxers can boast of that? He made money the size of freightliners though and that's all that matters

i think his fight with Floyd Mayweather and Julio Chavez are my most memorable
Re: It's Over:de La Hoya Hangs Up His Gloves:leave Your Comments/thoughts by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 16, 2009
In my opinion,the Mayweather fight was memorable for the build-up and the money it generated,I think it's still the highest grossing fight of all time.was a good fight,but I guess the hype/build-up overshadowed the bout to an extent where it was going to be hard to match up with the hype.

The Pernell fight was a classic or so I think.

(1) (Reply)

Amodu: I Need More Time / I’m Not Scared Of Cameroun – Amodu / Olubayo Adefemi Dies In Car Crash.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.