Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

The Secrets Of Thanksgiving - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Secrets Of Thanksgiving (4545 Views)

Man Who Woke Up After Being "Declared Dead" Holds Thanksgiving Service. PICS / Pastor Oritsejafor Dances Joyously As CAN Honours Him With Thanksgiving Service / David Oyedepo In Akwa-Ibom For Udom's Thanksgiving (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Secrets Of Thanksgiving by ayo4dworld(m): 3:57pm On Sep 22, 2015
Meditate: In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18 (KJV)

There are many hidden secrets in thanksgiving, that if we would ever take our time to explore and know them we will never joke with it for once. Many of us know that it is God’s will for us to give thanks always, 1 Thess 5:18. But we still don’t pay attention to it because we don’t know that it is the devil’s wish for us never to give thanks. What a pity! It means when we find it hard to comply or obey God’s simple wishes, we simply fall to obey satan’s strict, unfriendly and unrewarding orders. There are many hidden secrets in thanksgiving but would take much more time to discuss and will cause this article to be lengthy which you wouldn’t appreciate. Notwithstanding, I would like to share some of them with you:

1. When we thank God we make our blessings permanent: It was only one out of the ten lepers Jesus cleansed that got his complete wholeness just because he came back thanking God. Many of us when God as just shown us a little part of his faithfulness, that’s when we stop going to God, that is when the sermon of your pastor that has never be boring before suddenly becomes boring to you. That’s why we see that in little or no time the blessing disappears because we didn’t abide in whom who has given the blessing to sustain. Of course a car cannot continue to travel a very long distance without any other petrol because it has just be filled to the brim today, the car must be brought to a filling station for topup to sustain the petrol it has got inside, unless you want to end up pushing the car to its destination. You do yourself a whole lot of good when you thank God.

2. We resist the devil when we engage ourselves in thanksgiving : The bible in James 4:7 says Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. It’s never satan’s wish for us to thank God. Little do you know that when you refuse to thank God and give in to depression, you have just allowed satan, you’ve granted him a free passage. Because depression is one of the weapons of warfare of the enemies against believers while Praise is one of the weapon of warfare of Christians against the enemies. Moreover, the problems, troubles, and disaster that accompanies depression cannot be overlooked, Never! if you doubt this ask the doctors for the causes of hypertension, diabetics, etc. they will educate you better. When you refuse the wish of the devil, you are resisting him big time, he is battered by this. I know you’d like to batter him more and more, so please don’t stop thanking God.

3. We receive more than what we request/bargain for during thanksgiving: Thanksgiving is part of worship/praise and vice-versa. When we worship God His glory comes down, when we worship Him intensely, He Himself comes down, Don’t forget that God came down to ask Solomon his heart desire (1Kings 3:5) as a result of his sacrifice of worship. Solomon asked God for wisdom only, but God added riches, honour, longetivity to his request. He will do same for you, if you will thank him exceptionally today. Satan can’t withstand the fullness of God’s glory. He can’t withstand the heat of the fire produced in a spirit-filled worship atmosphere unless he wants to choke himself. Worship is sacred; it is not ordinary as we use to think. God manifests Himself more in worship. Many of us keep allowing Satan to keep our mind busy with many irrelevant things during this special moment in our churches, One question you should ask yourself is that, why does this not happen when I am watching films, home videos, or doing other things, why must it be during worship sessions I get carried away? Until you can answer these questions, then you will realize the tricks satan has been using to steal your blessings all these while. Turn a new leaf today, resist satan with your thanksgiving.

4. You live a life of victory when you thank God always: When you are victorious, it means you have defeated. To keep living in the victorious, you must keep defeating. You are not victorious if you haven’t defeated/conquered something/someone. When you engage yourself in thanksgiving you defeat the devil and his cohorts. The wall of Jericho didn’t fell down as a result of bulldozers or other demolishing machines. It fell down as a result of continuous shout of praise by God’s people, Joshua 6:1-27. The battle Jehoshaphat led Israel against three mighty nations was not conquered as a result of guns, armour, teargas, etc. Infact, they did not raise a finger at all. God made them to conquer convincingly three mighty nations that rose against them in battle as a result of this same praise and thanksgiving you don’t count, 2 Chronicles 20:1-30.It has been a tradition among many of we children of God to thank God just only when things are good and complain when times are hard. The bible in 1 Thessalonians 5:18 says “In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you”. The word "Everything" used in the scriptures means both in the good times and in the bad times, both friendly moments and worst moment.

However thanksgiving is not enclosed in praise, prayer, and worship alone. We can also live a life of thanksgiving- a life that give thanks and glory unto God always. There are things you will do in life that people will thank God for your existence like the story of Dorcas (Tabitha) we read about in Acts 9:36-41. There are many morals in that story that will be too much to exhaust here, but one single moral we can learn is the good life she lived-adding color to the lives of people. You would agree with me if Peter have failed to pray unto God to bring back Tabitha to life, trouble would have arise there and then because the widows won't have let him go. Thank God, He proved His faithfulness that day. There is no other life worth living that a life of thanksgiving.

Also, your thanksgiving unto God cannot be accepted if you are not in good terms with Him. The bible says the prayer of a sinner is an abomination unto Him, Proverbs 15:8. If the prayer of a sinner is abominable unto God, your praise or thanksgiving will not be acceptable either. Give your life to Jesus Christ today to make your thanksgiving potent, effective, acceptable, and beneficial. Are you ready? Say this prayer with me;

Lord Jesus, I accept you as my personal Lord and Saviour, I confess all my secret and open sin, I forsake and promise to forsake all my sinful and evil ways. Help me Lord Jesus never to go back to my old ways in Jesus Name, Amen.

Congratulations, You are saved! All you need to do now is just to find the nearest Bible Believing worship centre to you to maintain and nourish your faith. God bless you.
You need to join the thanksgivers team to enjoy all the full benefits of being a true thanksgiver. Turn a new leaf today, stop the complains and start the thanksgiving.
As you join the thanksgivers' team, None of the benefits will elude you in Jesus Name. More than you can ever ask God, He will give you in Jesus Name.

GO AHEAD, THANK GOD EXCEPTIONALLY TODAY
YOU WILL TESTIFY!!!

GOOD AFTERNOON GOD'S PEOPLE!!!
Re: The Secrets Of Thanksgiving by zaidavargas: 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
Happy advance thanksgiving to all visit thanksgiving quotes 2019 to increase your enjoyment
Re: The Secrets Of Thanksgiving by dgseo93: 6:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
VebXperts - The Best Digital Marketing Agency. We provide SEO services, Content Marketing Service, Web Design Services, and Social Media Services in our company

(1) (Reply)

Atheist Presidents And Heads Of State; A Quick Re-examination / ANTI - TRINITARIANS, How Do You Explain This Scripture ? / Seun Anikulapo-kuti Rejects The Existence Of God And Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.