Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP (25802 Views)

Punch Reporter Leaves Aso Villa After His Expulsion (Photo) / Buhari’s CSO Expels Punch Reporter From Aso Villa Over Ill-Health Story / Goodluck Jonathan's Security Batters Punch Reporter - Olatunji Obasa (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by midolian(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2015
Osun State Governor, Mr. Rauf Aregbesola, has declared war against PUNCH newspapers for reporting the views of opposition parties on the happenings in state.

The governor, in a video clip, watched by our correspondent in Osogbo on Tuesday, made the public declaration of war against PUNCH and Tribune newspapers on September 8 during the commencement of distribution of plastic chairs and desks to schools in the state.

The ceremony was held at the premises of Adenle Middle School, Osogbo, the state capital.

Making reference to media reports of several months of unpaid salaries in the state, the governor said PUNCH and other newspapers supported his adversaries to lie against his government.

He said, “They didn’t spare us on any platform. Even today, they lied against us and some shameless organs of mass communication supported them.

“Say shame on them, shame! All of them and those who are supporting them. Some newspapers knew they were lying, yet they supported them. PUNCH, PUNCH reported last week Thursday that they had just released the money. The same PUNCH published today that we have kept the money for two months. Shame on all of them, shame!

“Newspapers are meant to educate the people, they are not meant to incite the public against the government. Shame on PUNCH, shame on Tribune. I say it openly; let them challenge me.

“PUNCH newspaper, Tribune newspapers have declared war on our state and we shall not spare them, we shall not spare them, it’s war!

“You can’t be attacking us and expect us to be quiet; we shall fight back. The time has come for us to fight back; we will fight back.”

There has been a persistent attack against PUNCH by some former aides of Aregbesola and their supporters on the social media.

One Adeyokunnu Taiwo wrote in her comment on the attack on the newspaper by a former state Commissioner for Special Duties, Bashiru Ajibola, on the latter’s Facebook wall, “PUNCH should be visited by the ‘State Boys’.”

Based on verbal attacks and other forms of threats by the governors supporters against the PUNCH correspondent in Osun State, the corespondent had written a petition to the Commissioner of Police, asking the police to investigate the threats and to stop Aregbesola from further inciting his supporters against the media organisation.

The same petition was also forwarded to the State Director, Department of State Services, asking the DSS to probe the threats.

The petition read in part, “I wish to inform you of the threats to my life from supporters of Governor Rauf Aregbesola and those of his political party, the All Progressives Congress in Osun State.

“A female supporters of the APC, Adeyokunnu Taiwo, who commented on a disparaging comment made against PUNCH by a former Commissioner for Special Duties, Mr. Bashiru Ajibola, on Facebook, said, “PUNCH should be visited by State Boys.

“I know for sure that the police in Osun State are aware of the existence of State Boys and what they are capable of doing. I have started noticing some strange faces around my office and I feel I have to report the threats they pose to me to the appropriate quarters for investigations.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/aregbesola-declares-war-on-punch-reporter-petitions-dss-cp/

Lalasticlala

7 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by NyscBobo: 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
is it the money he stole and refused paying to workers he wana use in fighting punch??

where is our ever concious NAIRALAND POLITICAL ANALYST BARCANISTA /Tonyebarcanista pls come analyse this AREGBE OLE head

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by MadCow1: 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
Meanwhile somewhere in the South East of Nigeria...

Peter Obi and Obama be chilling at Okorochas pool party like::

Igbo Boys Money longer than the River Nile... cool

78 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
https://www.nairaland.com/2614641/ali-baba-takes-swipe-aregbesola#38229821

Ogbeni?? U again
Respect yourself and pay the workers.

THAT IS TO SAY ALI BABA IS NOT SAFE!!

VERY SOON IT WOULD BE OGBENI RAUF AREGBESOLA DECLARES WAR AGAINST " ALI BABA" (GCON)

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by icemann(m): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
Pay your workers yeye man

In a Civilized society, He would be impeached and imprisoned.
He harbors thugs and threaten people who oppose him.
He steals from the people and claims is for their best interest to have as Governor.
Tell me is Osun a civilized place?

47 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by auntymi(f): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
Kk
Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by gsparks01(m): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
A female supporters of the APC, Adeyokunnu Taiwo
SMH
Thug Aregbe

16 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by MrRobot: 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
I thought Punch was the print mouthpiece of the APC to which the crook Osun governor is a member of ?
Suddenly, the entire APC conspiracies are crumbling before our very eyes.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by nijanigga: 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
inverse problem, war on punch? where are the guns and sub-machine guns?
Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by Truckpusher(m): 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
They've started muscling the press - What a change. grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by applord: 5:04pm On Sep 22, 2015
grin grin grin

Well this is what you get, when you

Vote a fridge repairer as governor

&

A dull illiterate as president

kiss

71 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by superior1: 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
Dis man should shave that ugly goaty and do the needful instead of fighting the press like agbero

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by joystickextendr: 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
Issokay
Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by Mekky05(m): 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
So the rich also "cry".

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by fejikudz(m): 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
cheesy Aragbese go and pay your state workers their salaries

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by ifeayi99: 5:05pm On Sep 22, 2015
They go soon expose themselvves to the last sad

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by dhesmond(m): 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
Even thief they claim right smh

12 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by kayo80(m): 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hmm! So much drama everywhere in Nigeria right now.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by admax(m): 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
Aregbesola don't understand Punch and co are not reporting what the didn't see in his state. Civil servants are owed salaries for months yet he keep maintaining an aircraft......Really Really he ought to have stepped down but this is Nigeria; where no one accepts responsibilities for their ineptitude and mistakes.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by Neduzze5(m): 5:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
That idiot should better pay Osun workers their salary and stop this stupid campaign of calumny!

Don't use Osun money to prosecute your rubbish wars! angry

All these APC mugus sha angry

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by beejayphako(m): 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
Make dem visit dem first naa, abi wink

1 Like

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by hemartins(m): 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
Ogbeni Rauf calm down.

2 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by Noloss(f): 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
Anybody here dat know aregbe shd pls help tell him to do d needful by simply paying d workers n he himself will be able to sleep with his eyes closed n reporters will probably have nothing to report. Abi na only him be governor ni? I tire ooooo

5 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by ibkgab001: 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
Shame on Aregbese...punch please fire him more

9 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by Olukat(m): 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
Whats all this noise about?
Pay people their wages
is that too much to ask? angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by bikefab(m): 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
Pay me my salary Ogbeni.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by seedorfg(m): 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
he rep his name #AREGBERASCAL

6 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by Aminat508(f): 5:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
[size=15pt]Oloribu adojutini omoale jatijati undecided[/size]

See what d mumu has turn my state to

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by Sultanchidi(m): 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
Bt naija politicians no get shame

4 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by gebest: 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
aregbesola should not blame them, they work for the highest bidder afterall they have worked for u before when the going was good, now since there is no money again the going has become sour.

7 Likes

Re: Aregbesola Declares War On PUNCH, Reporter Petitions DSS, CP by kolnel: 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2015
Aregbesola, whatever you decide to do or not
Pls remember to pay the workers their salaries and arrears
Goatee man

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Has Created 12 Million Jobs In Agric Sector Alone - Lai Mohammed / Osinbajo Unveils Dorian Home, Africa's Biggest Orphanage In Ondo (photos, Video) / Akpan: "I Scored 126 Votes To Win Primary But APC Submitted My Opponent’s Name"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.