Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,448 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

Stages Of Rejection - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Stages Of Rejection (495 Views)

My Final Year Love: Perfect Rejection Season 2 (MFYL PR2) / My Final Year Love (MFYL) - First Season Of Perfect Rejection by Babsopey / The Pain Of Rejection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Stages Of Rejection by inform9ja(m): 7:14pm On Sep 22, 2015
Laying conscious around evening time for as long as two weeks have seen some essential certainties to reality, attributable to the way that my real purpose behind staying wakeful was exclusively to decry, help and excuse myself for being turned down. Yes, of every single conceivable individual to be turned down, me! The best of the absolute best.

As much as I discovered this deplorable and unfathomable, it did transpire, as it more likely than not happened to a million different persons. Sleep deprivation was the minimum of my stresses, not even the dietary issue that set in hours after the fact. It appeared to be doltish to need something everybody will ratherbe compelled to be a part of. To request what has executed thousands, and made the shelter the home of hundreds. Torment. In the motion picture "Shortcoming on our Stars "it was said that "agony should be felt", I thought I comprehended those words. It's undeniable I do now , I see all of significance it plans to consider. We've all been rejected sooner or later. We've all needed to face that hard truth of being second best, not being sufficient, not being the genuine article or foreseen reality. I've remembered that scene incalculable times and every experience stays distinctive like it's simply happening. So much that I hear the glass smash over and over, I hear the wind convey voices I can't make up, and watch lips move without making out the words said. Generally as we all face dismissals, we manage these dismissals in our own way.For me and man others, it takes five (5) stages; Denial, False Relief, Numbness, Regret,

Genuine Relief.

Stage One - Denial: It's difficult to trust or come to termswith reality, you've been rejected. It appears to be far-fetched, doesn't appearplausible so we experience the experience, remembering it in our psyche consciousness' yetdoubting all of that experience.

Stage Two - False Relief: After diminishing the experience, we fake alleviation; it's man's common survival nature. We think ourselves to trust we are appreciative we were rejected and utilization terms like "say thanks to God it didn't work out, it was so underneath

me". "I just knew it wasn't for me", "I continued having the inclination it wasn't going to work out". These words may trick everybody around us and a shallow piece of ourselves, however not the one top to bottom, not our cognizant self either.

Stage Three - Numbness: After pretending help, it doesn't keep going long, particularly since it's only a survival strategy and was just to trick everyone around us. At the point when reality sets in once more, we feel numb,

nothing bodes well. It's here we would like to feel something; it's here "torment deservesto be felt".

Nothing appears to be conceivable, everything seems transient. At any rate reality starts to fall set up, regardless of the possibility that everything seems foggy and outlandish.

Stage Four - Regret: Having confronted disavowal, false alleviation and deadness, the phase of disappointment sets in. Lament here is communicated either absolutely or something else. Decidedly when we have the capacity to point our

slip-ups and reasons why we were rejected, and our initial responses. Contrarily when we coordinate our misgiving towards the object of dismissal or the individual who executed this dismissal. Positive misgiving is better exhorted as it stays away from one carrying out law violations of sorts.

Stage Five - True Relief: At this stage, we see better. The truth isn't exactly what we envision it to be, yet what we make it. Here, we are genuinely calmed to have experienced that course of dismissal

since it has assisted us with seeing things we generally overlooked. It has improved us prepared, more experienced, better edified. We're genuinely diminished in light of the fact that we expect more noteworthy open doors, we are genuinely soothed on the grounds that we fine out that position we never got was never truly our own, or we

were never truly prepared for it as of recently. So there you have it, my restless evenings paid off all things considered.

It did begin with a little sentiment dismissal, however finished with a superior illuminated personality It's interesting the amount of defeat we see from each dismissal, the amount of negativity structures in our intuitive attributable to past dismissals that didn't end well. Various us live in apprehension, carry on with a chilly exhausting uneventful life,

all in light of the fact that we trepidation being rejected. Be that as it may, how are we to crown our recollections of being needed, being battled for, when we have almost no clue about what it intends to be dismisses?

Most authors end their articles with witty words and insightful quotes, yet I'm not that awesome with words. I do realize that everything needed has been rejected at one time or the other; dismissal may very well be a fundamental abhorrence all things considered...

By Oriaku Stephen Ebubechi.

source : http://www.olumideblog.com/2015/09/stages-of-rejection.html

(1) (Reply)

Synw Coordinators For Read Across Nigeria / One Last Goodbye (2) / Life Is Beautiful: Not A Competition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.