Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,297 members, 7,808,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter - Politics (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter (112349 Views)

Alaba International Market Shut Down As Obosi Leads Igbo Coalition For APC / Fayose: Humiliation Of Tinubu Is A Humiliation Of The Yoruba Race / The Orders For The Bail Of Dasuki & Kanu Should Be Obeyed - Femi Falana. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter by Alphaoscar: 2:31pm On Dec 12, 2015
Mynd44 , this thread need cleansing.
Re: Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2015
Mynd44 you don tire? cheesy cheesy no worry, take a break because the work just too much, infact those two no get work
Re: Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter by ehissi(m): 5:12pm On Dec 17, 2015
ORACLE1975:
If u shit na tinubu,if u late for work na tinubu.

TINUBU WILL ALWAYS MAKE NAME WE OTHERS ARE STRUGGLING.

Let me assume that you are a novice as far as politics in Lagos is concerned or better yet let me assume you don't live in lagos!!

Tinubu's adopted mother was former Iyaloja of lagos, after her death, with lobbying from Tinubu et al. Tinubu daughter - who isn't a career politician or someone to be reckoned with in Lagos Markets as far as I know - miraculously became iyaloja!!

The battle for the heart and soul of markets in lagos - most especially markets dominated by Igbo traders - is one that goes on in the background!!

It is on record, that when the last National population census was held in Nigeria, during the Obasanjo administration, Lagos state was ranked as the second most populous state in Nigeria after Kano!! A development that didn't go down well with the then Governor Tinubu, who organised his own state census which crowned Lagos state as the most populous state in Lagos!!

After the Lagos state population census; it was observed that demographically, there exist more persons of eastern descent in Lagos than of western descent (infact, according to findings from that exercise, exactly 52% of people enumerated in the Lagos census are from the east)!!

Since then, Senator Bola ahmed Tinubu, as a matter of strategy, created a policy within his party in lagos (then it was the ACN now turned APC) that gave room for one person from the east to feature in the ministerial cabinent appointment in Lagos state!!

Also, encouraging the creation of a youth wing within the party which must have a representative from the east as well as the creation of an Igbo/Eastern caucus within the APC as a party are some of the ways, that the "Easterners" are lobbied/checked!! Also, a close tab is kept on all markets activities and meetings, specifically markets that have a strong igbo/eastern presence!!

Proof of relevance of the Easterners in tipping the political scales can easily be noticed in the violent threat of the Oba of Lagos, Oba Akiolu, who warned igbo's against voting against Ambode in the last gubernatorial elections; rumour has it that Jimi Agbaje went to the east to have close door meetings with traditional rulers in a bid to use them to lobby their kinsmen trading in Lagos, a moved frowned upon by Oba Akiolu which resulted in his threat to make lagos unbearable for igbo if they voted against Ambode as well as raining curses that they - Igbo's - would drown in the lagoon if they voted Jimi agbaje into power!!

For clearance of doubt, the Hausa community - which is traditionally islamic - exists and flow freely with Oba but only igbos where threatened!! Think about it!!

Don't be surprised if at the end of the day, no fracas exists!! Within Most markets in the Oshodi/Ojo; the PDP has a strong following which accounts for some of the frequent and unannounced visits of taskforces to those areas!! In computer village in Ikeja, APC/PDP following is 60/40, in favour of APC as at now!!

So if Iyaloja is pushing any agenda in the markets, it is likely - not necessarily certain - that Daddy Tinubu is pulling strings!! Afterall, she is Iyaloja of the markets, why not approach heads of the entire market, instead of targeting registered "Independent" Unions which forms just a section within the market; if really she has not political motives under her sleeve??
Re: Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter by qfissy(f): 5:15pm On Dec 17, 2015
ehissi:

Let me assume that you are a novice as far as politics in Lagos is concerned or better yet let me assume you don't live in lagos!!

Tinubu's adopted mother was former Iyaloja of lagos, after her death, with lobbying from Tinubu et al. Tinubu daughter - who isn't a career politician or someone to be reckoned with in Lagos Markets as far as I know - miraculously became iyaloja!!

The battle for the heart and soul of markets in lagos - most especially markets dominated by Igbo traders - is one that goes on in the background!!

It is on record, that when the last National population census was held in Nigeria, during the Obasanjo administration, Lagos state was ranked as the second most populous state in Nigeria after Kano!! A development that didn't go down well with the then Governor Tinubu, who organised his own state census which crowned Lagos state as the most populous state in Lagos!!

After the Lagos state population census; it was observed that demographically, there exist more persons of eastern descent in Lagos than of western descent (infact, according to findings from that exercise, exactly 52% of people enumerated in the Lagos census are from the east)!!

Since then, Senator Bola ahmed Tinubu, as a matter of strategy, created a policy within his party in lagos (then it was the ACN now turned APC) that gave room for one person from the east to feature in the ministerial cabinent appointment in Lagos state!!

Also, encouraging the creation of a youth wing within the party which must have a representative from the east as well as the creation of an Igbo/Eastern caucus within the APC as a party are some of the ways, that the "Easterners" are lobbied/checked!! Also, a close tab is kept on all markets activities and meetings, specifically markets that have a strong igbo/eastern presence!!

Proof of relevance of the Easterners in tipping the political scales can easily be noticed in the violent threat of the Oba of Lagos, Oba Akiolu, who warned igbo's against voting against Ambode in the last gubernatorial elections; rumour has it that Jimi Agbaje went to the east to have close door meetings with traditional rulers in a bid to use them to lobby their kinsmen trading in Lagos, a moved frowned upon by Oba Akiolu which resulted in his threat to make lagos unbearable for igbo if they voted against Ambode as well as raining curses that they - Igbo's - would drown in the lagoon if they voted Jimi agbaje into power!!

For clearance of doubt, the Hausa community - which is traditionally islamic - exists and flow freely with Oba but only igbos where threatened!! Think about it!!

Don't be surprised if at the end of the day, no fracas exists!! Within Most markets in the Oshodi/Ojo; the PDP has a strong following which accounts for some of the frequent and unannounced visits of taskforces to those areas!! In computer village in Ikeja, APC/PDP following is 60/40, in favour of APC as at now!!

So if Iyaloja is pushing any agenda in the markets, it is likely - not necessarily certain - that Daddy Tinubu is pulling strings!! Afterall, she is Iyaloja of the markets, why not approach heads of the entire market, instead of targeting registered "Independent" Unions which forms just a section within the market; if really she has not political motives under her sleeve??
Oga o som pple sabi history gan ni tongue
Re: Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter by ZombieSlaughter: 9:47am On Apr 19, 2022
HungerBAD:
They had to include the TINUBU in the caption, to draw our attention.

So now, you guys have our attention.

My advice?obey the laws of the land,obey the laws of Lagos and the internal crisis, which was why the market was shut should be resolved. I personally think it was a wise move to close down the market, as that internal crisis might have spilled out into the streets of Lagos, with an unpredictable amount of mayhem being caused.

Wise choice Madam Tinubu.

You were a very terrible and bitter person who hid his wickedness anti-Igbo hate in a cloak of 'generosity'. I wonder how you related with Igbos who were also with you in the US military. Did you sometimes feel like shooting them to death with 'accidentical discharge' claims?

Rest in pieces HungerBad. You were a horrible fella.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter by MonkeyMods(m): 10:10am On Apr 19, 2022
ZombieSlaughter:

You were a very terrible and bitter person who hid his wickedness anti-Igbo hate in a cloak of 'generosity'. I wonder how you related with Igbos who were also with you in the US military. Did you sometimes feel like shooting them to death with 'accidentical discharge' claims?

Rest in pieces HungerBad. You were a terrible fella.

Is he dead ni?
Re: Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter by ZombieSlaughter: 11:55am On Apr 19, 2022
MonkeyMods:

Is he dead ni?

Yes he is dead as dodo, too bad he died with hatred in his heart.

We never knew his identity until he died. Imagine someone who ran away from, joined US military and then stays there to castigate those who criticize and wants to leave nigeria.
If it is not juju and witchcraft then I wonder what it is.
He later died there and I doubt his corpse ever came back to his fatherland to rest.

Tueh!
Re: Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter by MonkeyMods(m): 12:00pm On Apr 19, 2022
ZombieSlaughter:

Yes he is dead as dodo, too bad he died with hatred in his heart.

We never knew his identity until he died. Imagine someone who ran away from, joined US military and then stays there to castigate those who criticize and wants to leave nigeria.
If it is not juju and witchcraft then I wonder what it is.
He later died there and I doubt his corpse ever came back to his fatherland to rest.

Tueh!

Wow. Sad. Can I get a link to the death announcement here on NL please?
Re: Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter by ZombieSlaughter: 12:05pm On Apr 19, 2022
MonkeyMods:

Wow. Sad. Can I get a link to the death announcement here on NL please?

Just type hungerbad on the search box and scroll down.

He was popular because he made a lot of controversial sickening posts like the one I just quoted.
He also threw around a few naira notes to his 'likers and sharers' zombies as he earned in dollars.
Re: Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter by MonkeyMods(m): 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2022
ZombieSlaughter:

Just type hungerbad on the search box and scroll down.

He was popular because he made a lot of controversial sickening posts like the one I just quoted.
He also threw around a few naira notes to his 'likers and sharers' zombies as he earned in dollars.

Okay thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (Reply)

Photo : Will Mandela's Statement On Buhari Become Prophetic? / Abba Kyari: The THISDAY LIVE Headline That Got People Talking / Rivers Rerun Election: Live Result Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.