Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,881 members, 7,806,543 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Open Letter To University Of Ibadan/osun State College Of Education,ilesha. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Open Letter To University Of Ibadan/osun State College Of Education,ilesha. (4132 Views)

FG Hands Over Seized Snakes, Spiders, Millipedes To University Of Uyo / How Going To University Was Like In Those Days (photos) / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To University Of Ibadan/osun State College Of Education,ilesha. by LarryBeryl(m): 7:44am On Sep 23, 2015
The management,
University of Ibadan,
Ibadan.
Dear sir.

AN OPEN: NOTIFICATION LETTER

The man dies in him.who keeps silent in the face of tyranny,rigour, enslavement, mental incapacitation and injustice. We are writing as bona fide Students of university of Ibadan in affiliation to Osun State College of Education Ilesa to inform you of the present calamities be falling us.

Education they say "is the most important weapon with which one can change the world and restructure abnormalities" He who closes the door of education automatically opens the door of mental slavery". If one is denied quality education what is the hope of the world? If the hope of the world lies on this kind of our education then I am afraid there is no future. We have observed in many occasions upon associating competing and comparison that the standard of our campus is a far-cry compared to other U.I. affiliated campuses.

The objectives of every institutions is to empower, impact and influence their students and make them positively fit for life challenges but reverse is the case here on our campus as the mode of education here on our campus is preposterous; preposterous in the sense that, the school calendar is beyond faulty, the quality of education is despicable, the management of the entire program=laughable.

The entire students of university of Ibadan in affiliation to Osun State College of Education wish to register our disappointments ranging from illegal deprivation of knowledge to gross instability connected to the slovenly medium of operation here in Oscoed. The boring truth remains that this awkward situation is considered the beauty of the game where upon our lectures gambol in their shiny apparels when their duties remains lopsided and yet they have the audacity to embark on annual industrial action as though it were the Osun Osogbo festival. The quality of education received is worse than shocking, we are receiving less and we seldom complete academic syllabuses due to yearly industrial actions that seem to be one of the unnecessary breaks beautifying our calendar. We never stop wondering if they ever had good plans for us. A very few number of us are usually subjected to contemplative mood whenever we ruminate/discuss the situation on campus. The possible ideas rushing through our minds are: They care less about our future because their children are not schooling here, their salaries and arrears are intact even if they rendered less than service required of them, to mention but few, all summed up to be OSCOED management are ready to spoil the good name of the premier university as a result of their grubbly commitment to academic activities.

More so, when we consider the age factor, those who are to embark on a three years program have unavoidably been held against their will and the four years programmes have been extended to six years only on first degree for no credible reason(s) except for what they called liberal agitation. We have now become burden to our parent and hundreds of our colleagues cannot serve our father land as a result of age limit.

In addition, the issue of CGPA has been a pain in the neck for quite some time now. We have been subjected to ridiculous explanation as to why our communicative result has been calculated behind our back without fore-knowledge of our past performance owing for the fact that the cultural trend of intimacy imbibed in young scholars in tertiary institutions across the country has been jeopardized here on our campus. We have been alienated from the rudiments that rate high among the various strength behinde enviable participation in the race for academic excellence that happen to be the nature of "old time" education upon which we are feeding now.

Nevertheless, our learning materials are totally outdated and not up to standard. It is highly barbaric for an undergraduate of the premier university to nurture his/her self mind with pamphlets carrying the inscription "for internal use only" Why is it for internal use only if it carries globally recognized strengths?

We the Studenst have tried all our best to disassociate ourselves from the yearly strike which oscoed normally embark on as our programme is a private on their campus in which all lecturers taking our courses are being paid on contract basis. We have come to realize that the annual strike has gone beyond their intelligence has they embark on an industrial action which lasted for 3 months three years ago, on another which lasted for 4 months, two years ago, last year another industrial disharmony stretched from February 14 to July 14 was embarked on and now we have been on strike since January up till this moment yet their dreams remain unrealized so why on strike always? This yearly festival prompted us to demand for total liberation from the clutches of oscoed management in which they failed in aknowledged our demands. We consulted the government of Osun to educate and enlighten him on the issue of U.I. programme in Osun state college of education which he made it quite clear and laud that he is less concern about us that the programme is contract between U.I. management and oscoed management. In addition to our consultation and consolidation since years back, we met with oscoed management on several occasions agitating for our rights, the outcome of which flimsy excuses was fed us excuses such as: directing us to meet/negotiate with N.C.E. leaders. Glory be to God in his mercy the N.C.E leaders agreed to support us after they had signed an agreement that they will always be in support of our freedom in the hand of your wicked and greedy contractor.

Dr. Adegoke kadir (provost) has given us several promises due to always won arquement whenever we had dialogue with the management but all promises made not always adhered to, that our demands will be aknowledge and their yearly festival will not affect our programme any longer.

Father! Your children are dying, come to our rescue come and interfere and saves destinies, come and interfere for us to step forward we are getting older and more useless in the streets, we spend more of our precious time at home as a result of yearly industrial action in the state, even our parents are beginning to wonder if we are truly admitted, two months in school five months at home doing nothing. We are tired of this please bail us from the hands of this wicked contractor which you employed, we know you can do it please help us.

Now that you have knowledge of our predicaments, as a good manager who still want to uphold the very good name of the premiere university of Ibadan we hope you will immediately look through our letter and interfere. University of Ibadan is locally relevant, nationally prominent and globally competitive that is why it is called the premiere university. We hope you will not open your eyes and allow oscoed management to tarnish this very attribute for you due to their ineffectiveness which will definitely lead to poor graduating students.

In conclusion, we hope you will take cognizance of the above problems and take immediate action in order to save our destinies and protect your good name.

If our demands are not acknowledged and properly address we shall not hesitate to embark on confrontational actions which may include barricading the main campus U.I. in agitating for our rights as you stand to be our FATHER.

We shall be looking forward to hear and see your positive action towards development and change.

Thanks in Anticipation.

CC:
The vice chancellor U.I.
The Registrar U.I.
The bursar U.I.
Dean faculty of Education U.I.
The chairman governing council U.I.
The provost Oscoed Ilesha
The registrar oscoed ilesha
The bursar oscoed ilesha
The chairman governing council oscoed ilesha
Director U.I. B.Ed. ilesha
Splash fm 105.5
D.P.O. Sango Ibadan
Re: Open Letter To University Of Ibadan/osun State College Of Education,ilesha. by Idiataqueen(f): 8:04pm On Nov 30, 2015
And Dis Wonderful Article Did Not Reach Fp,Cc Seun,Lalasticlala, Pls I Want To Know D Purpose Of Dis Site,Is Nairaland For Displaying Cossy Boobs Or Morgan Bum? Or 2face dat is sleeping or davido with his LovePeddler?
Re: Open Letter To University Of Ibadan/osun State College Of Education,ilesha. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Nov 30, 2015
Ah... 9ja *crying*
Re: Open Letter To University Of Ibadan/osun State College Of Education,ilesha. by Sarpyro1: 9:07am On Mar 23, 2016
please I need info abt diz programme

(1) (Reply)

Kwara State University, KWASU 2018/19 Exclusive Admission Updates / Meet Chris Alvarez Oldest Man Living With Thanatophoric Condition / Unilorin Cut Off Mark:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.