Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Man Killed Why Trying To Get His Sallah Gifts - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Man Killed Why Trying To Get His Sallah Gifts (409 Views)

Nigerian Man Killed For Selling Drugs In South Africa. Graphic Photos / Man Killed Why Trying To Get His Sallah Gifts / An Electrician Was Electrocuted Why Trying To Detect Fault In Anambra - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Killed Why Trying To Get His Sallah Gifts by dpete1: 10:53am On Sep 23, 2015
Abiodun who works at a block moulding factory was said to have been invited to Oniyanrin area by a friend because it was reported that some politicians were going to distribute sallah gifts. He subsequently went to the place with an unidentified friend. According to The Punch, Abiodun was manhandled by the sergeant, Adesola who was not in uniform at the time. He reportedly dragged Abiodun on the ground and shot him, prompting his friend to flee for his life. The mother of the deceased, Aishat Balogun was informed via phone of her son’s death and when she visited the Bariga Police Division where the body was taken to, she was barred from entering to see the body of her son. The police however said the deceased was shot during an exchange of fire between him and the policeman. It was also reported that he was a wanted cultist. Aishat denied that her son was a cultist and said he had gone out because someone invited him to come and collect sallah gift. “I was still with him on Monday, and we were discussing how we would celebrate the Sallah. I did not know that evil was lurking. It was around 8am today (Tuesday) that someone called me and said the sergeant had shot Abiodun dead. The lie they are spreading now is that he was a cultist. “But the fact is that Adesola is a notorious policeman in our area. He has been shooting at people, claiming that they are cultists. But Abiodun was not a cultist. They had been luring him to join them, but he refused. I do not know the fate of my son presently. I have not been allowed to see him at the police division.” Joe Offor, the Lagos state public relations officer insisted however that Abiodun was a wanted cultist and that the matter had been transferred to the Special Anti-Robbery Squad for further investigation. He said: “He was a wanted cultist by the police. He died during the exchange of fire. He was known in the area as Anarchy. The case has been taken to SARS for further investigation.” Police indiscriminate shooting is fast becoming a recurring incident in Lagos, a week ago, A tricycle operator and his family were shot at by police because he failed to give bribe. The police who shot at the tricycle operator thought he was a commercial driver.

(1) (Reply)

Armed Robbery And Pick-pocketing Now The Order Of The Day – Aba Residents Lament / I Made N6million As A Fake Lawyer – Suspect / Armedrrobers And Corrupt Leaders.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.