Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,029 members, 7,807,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State (4246 Views)

Governor Ambode Commissions A New Bus Terminal At TBS, Lagos (See Photos) / One Of The 114 New Roads Commissioned By Governor Ambode Is In Bad Shape / Governor Ambode Is Fulfilling His Campaign Promises - PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by cuteboy2: 1:52pm On Sep 23, 2015
By now it would have dawned on Lagosians that the dour and colourless fellow they elected in the wave of change euphoria in April elections clearly does not have both the intellectual capacity, political sagacity, experience, and the planning skills required to run a complex and modern economic powerhouse like Lagos State.

Compared to his dynamic and cerebral predecessor, Raji Fashola, it appears Ambode has been sleep walking since he took office at Alausa. Nothing seems to be moving. Previous policies and initiatives by Fashola are not followed through, contrary to his election campaign mantra of continuity.

The fellow mostly looks clueless and bumbles along without clear direction.

Following evidence speak for themselves. Ambode needs to wake up:

[b]1. Street sweepers have not been paid since he took over. Streets and drains are filled with filth and plastic bottles. In Fashola's time these drains and major channels would have been cleared before commencement of rainy season.

2. Many street lights do not come on any longer. Apparently, the generators are no longer maintained or fuelled.

3. LATSMA is practically comatose. They should look on helplessly as danfo drivers flout the rules, park anywhere to pick and offload passengers. I understand LATSMA are also being owed salary arrears.

4. Pot holes are opening up on Lekki-Epe Road, around law school and after Lekki Phase-1 area.

5. Work on Lekki-Epe expressway has stopped at Ajah roundabout.

6. He is compounding traffic problem on Apapa road by his military style night-only movement which is being ignored anyway by truck drivers. The resulting traffic jam especially in the morning has made many to resort to trekking to work.

7. He is completely beholden to Remi and Bola Tinubu who seem to be micro-managing him.

8. Since he came on board, he has been busy unravelling business deals which was not favourable to Tinubu business interests (Falomo Shopping Centre, New Tejuoso Shopping Complex, etc).

9 Has not articulated any cogent and consistent policy framework on how he will move forward the laudable initiatives of Fashola's govt: Lekki Free Trade Zone, Lagos Light Rail System, etc

10. Previously cleared and beautified criminal hideouts and parks and now back to their earlier filthy look. Go to Oshodi and see the dirt, grim and traffic jam there. Muri Okunola Park in VI is now inhabited by squatters and miscreants. The stretch of Cowrie creek lagoon front between Oriental Hotel and Lekki Phase-1 is now a refuse truck marshalling area for Tinubu's refuse collecting company, Alba Nigeria Ltd.refuse truck company. The grassy area is littered with all kinds of shacks and shanty homes constructed by squatters. Needless to say, the area is thoroughly messed up by the squatters defecating everywhere.

11. Crime wave is on the upsurge again in Lagos. Kidnapping, Yahoo-yahoo, armed robbery in broad day light on 3rd Mainland Bridge and other traffic jams, is now a daily occurrence. It does not make it to headlines any longer.

12. Prostitution is booming in previously high brow areas of Lagos. In fact prostitutes have taken over Oniru area, a highbrow area nestled between Lekki and Victoria Island, and Lekki Phase-1. Drive along Admiralty Way at night and weep. This is the newest red light district of Lagos similar to Allen Avenue in Ikeja. A new creation of Ambode’s administration due to joblessness. Property values will sonn nose-dive once prostitutes take over the area. Ambode need to contact Gov Ayade of Cross River for tutorial on how to deal with this menace.
[/b]

8 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by Firefire(m): 1:58pm On Sep 23, 2015
grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by Cope1(m): 1:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
I think there is a leadership crisis in dis country becos our politicians are only serving their interest. God help my country

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 23, 2015
Very Clueless guy..

4 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by SeverusSnape(m): 2:06pm On Sep 23, 2015
Don't you know Tinubu is the de-facto ruler of Lagos?...Truth be said, Lagos needed change, but they were blinded by bigotry and deceived by their Oba who threatened Some Nigerians with "lagoon".

Ambode is just a puppet, nothing more. (Firefire abeg post that picture of Tinubu holding Ambode in his pocket grin)

In fact eh... I blame the "Yeebhoes" for this.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by cuteboy2: 2:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
Drains in Awolowo Road linked by Falomo roundabout to Bourdillon Road where Ambode's political mentor, ex-Gov Bola Tinubu resides are now festering greenish sewer clogged up by filth and plastic bottles.

Governor Fashola constructed this beautiful modern dual carriage road (Awolowo Road to Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi) all the way from Lagos Island to new Lekki-Ikoyi bridge in Ikoyi to please Tinubu. That bridge alone is a new iconic Lagos landmark. But it looks like the sleeping governor Ambode is set to allow all these achievements to decay.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
Fashola is that you? How can you be so clueless to blame Ambode for something that is beyond his control?

11. Crime wave is on the upsurge again in Lagos. Kidnapping, Yahoo-yahoo, armed robbery in broad day light on 3rd Mainland Bridge and other traffic jams, is now a daily occurrence. It does not make it to headlines any longer.

12. Prostitution is booming in previously high brow areas of Lagos. In fact prostitutes have taken over Oniru area, a highbrow area nestled between Lekki and Victoria Island, and Lekki Phase-1. Drive along Admiralty Way at night and weep.

Is it under Ambode that the rate of crime resurface or under Buhari? Is Ambode in control of the Army and police? Why not channel that to Buhari? The number 12 is clueless. Prostitution has always been on the high side in Lagos. It has nothing to do with Ambode.

@Topic: I am not APC and I never voted Ambode. However, the present situation is a combination of the off-shoot of Fashola's reckless spending, Buhari lack of policy fomulation and perhaps Ambode's mis-steps. The FG policy direction directly and indirectly influence states' decisions. This is a FACT! The financial situation that Nigeria and Lagos are into is so bad that Ambode may find it tough to borrow as Fashola has already plummerised the state. Ambode even mentioned this to LSHA, of which they set up committee to bring forward recommendation. As for Ambode, he was supposed to do all these before he was sworn in.

Anyway, APC is a failed party!

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by cuteboy2: 2:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
Ambode wake up ooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eko oti baje ooooooo angry sad angry

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by aresa: 2:19pm On Sep 23, 2015
Ambode aka Orobo governor aka yuppy daddy aka fashion model aka faji governor aka errand boy...

I seriously miss BRF... sad

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by stevecantrell: 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
So what exactly are u tryin' to say OP ?

The various Lagos State agencies eg sanitation, traffic, security etc are meant to run on auto-pilot.

I don't think the governor is supposed to be giving these guys orders on a hour to hour, day to day basis.

if things suddenly break down because of a change in governor, it shows the system is flawed, ab initio.

If salaries are being owed, can we not attribute this too poor finacial management style of the previous administration ?

Let's look at the big picture .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by SonOfTheLion(m): 2:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
OK

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by kosovo(m): 2:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
stevecantrell:

The various Lagos State agencies eg sanitation, traffic, security etc are meant to run on auto-pilot.

I don't think the governor is supposed to be giving these guys orders on a hour to hour, day to day basis.

if things suddenly break down because of a change in governor, it shows the system is flawed, ab initio.

If salaries are being owed, can we not attribute this too poor finacial management style of the previous administration ?

Exactly, at least PMB hasn't woken up. GEJ's policies still running Nigeria.

The OP is dumb, the Americans can run their government without the input of the president in almost all areas, except for some key decisions.

I am not sure Obama would be bothered about who is to fix the sewage is certain areas.

Nigerians and their dumb way of thinking, very sad.. and he is a graduate. undecided

Edit.. Autocorrect made a poo of my message. Fixed. smiley

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by cuteboy2: 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2015
stevecantrell:

Hope you know street sweepers in Lagos State earning a meagre N12,000 per month have not been paid for over 6 months. Who do you expect will come and sweep the streets and clear the drains? Aliens from outer space Supervisors whose salary is a shameful N20,000 per month are not being paid either.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/day-lagos-street-sweepers-protested-over-non-payment-of-salaries/

The poor street sweepers in LAWMA have been protesting and raining curses on Ambode. Despite several empty promises, they are yet to be paid.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by stanech: 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2015
they voted in a puppet tinubus puppet he will be worse than arerascal

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:44pm On Sep 23, 2015
cuteboy2:
Drains in Awolowo Road linked by Falomo roundabout to Bourdillon Road where Ambode's political mentor, ex-Gov Bola Tinubu resides are now festering greenish sewer clogged up by filth and plastic bottles.

Governor Fashola constructed this beautiful modern dual carriage road (Awolowo Road to Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi) all the way from Lagos Island to new Lekki-Ikoyi bridge in Ikoyi to please Tinubu. That bridge alone is a new iconic Lagos landmark. But it looks like the sleeping governor Ambode is set to allow all these achievements to decay.
Go check your record Sir! Ex-Governor Tinubu dualised the road! I wasn't told, I witnessed it.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:46pm On Sep 23, 2015
The OP is a Fashola poster boy.
kosovo:

Exactly, at least PMB hasn't woken up. GEJ's policies still running Nigeria.

The OP is dumb, the Americans can run the risk government with the input of the president in almost all areas, except for some key decision.

I am not sure Obama would be bothered who is to fix the sewage is a certain area.

Nigerians and dumb way of thinking, very sad.. and he is a graduate. undecided

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by cuteboy2: 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2015
stevecantrell:

Obviously Nigeria is on Auto-Pilot.
Thought we have new Sheriffs in town, and one of them is Ambode. Or are they sleeping Sheriffs?

So GEJ is still running Nigeria from Otuoke? Tell me something!!

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by stevecantrell: 3:22pm On Sep 23, 2015
cuteboy2:

Hope you know street sweepers in Lagos State earning a meagre N12,000 per month have not been paid for over 6 months. Who do you expect will come and sweep the streets and clear the drains? Aliens from outer space Supervisors whose salary is a shameful N20,000 per month are not being paid either.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/day-lagos-street-sweepers-protested-over-non-payment-of-salaries/

The poor street sweepers in LAWMA have been protesting and raining curses on Ambode. Despite several empty promises, they are yet to be paid.

@ the bolded, how old is Ambode's administration ?
You're essentially saying that Fashola did not pay them in the last 3-4 months under his watch.
Why ?

What happened to the money ?

Should we blindly blame Ambode because he is a fat boy (Orobo) and you don't like him ?

Or because JKay lost to him ?
Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by cuteboy2: 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
stevecantrell:

@ the bolded, how old is Ambode's administration ?
You're essentially saying that Fashola did not pay them in the last 3-4 months under his watch.
Why ?

What happened to the money ?

Should we blindly blame Ambode because his a fat boy (Orobo) and you don't like him ?

Or because JKay lost to him ?

Correction: Ambode will be 5 months on seat in next 2 weeks, not 3-4 months (whatever that means).

It is obvious that in the tail end of the last administration, all funds and efforts were channelled into the elections war chest.
Now elections are over. What stops Ambode from paying salaries during his own last 5 months. Is he waiting for Fashola to come and clear his own arrears before Ambode starts paying?

Let us not defend the indefensible.

#AmbodeWakeUp

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by stevecantrell: 3:45pm On Sep 23, 2015
cuteboy2:

Correction: Ambode will be 5 months on seat in next 2 weeks, not 3-4 months (whatever that means).

It is obvious that in the tail end of the last administration, all funds and efforts were channelled into the elections war chest.
Now elections are over. What stops Ambode from paying salaries during his own last 5 months. Is he waiting for Fashola to come and clear his own arrears before Ambode starts paying?

Let us not defend the indefensible.

#AmbodeWakeUp

It will be 4 Months at the END of September/ beginning of October.
Perhaps there is NO money, that's why.

Ambode has nothing to gain holding up poor workers' salaries. I guess the last administration left the state in CASH CRUNCH.

Nice try, Mr Fasholite.

Maybe we need to probe the last admin but that could prove counter productive.
Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by aresa: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

Go check your record Sir! Ex-Governor Tinubu dualised the road! I wasn't told, I witnessed it.

Fashola Commissions Bourdillon, Alexander, Gerald Roads, Warns Against Misuse

Apr 21, 2009 - Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) on Tuesday commissioned the dualised Bourdillon, Alexander and Gerald roads in Ikoyi with a warning that the road is not a bus route that can be operated.

“The construction of this road has many positive impacts as the people can now take leisurely walk with their spouses at night. This has improved the health and well being of the residents”, Governor Fashola added.

He added: “With this handing over ceremony, we are delivering a new asset, a new lifestyle and a new era of property appreciation. But our work is not finished yet, it is only a precursor to better things”.

[b]Governor Fashola who asserted that the new road is one of the best that anyone can think of, added that it is illuminated for safety at night and has been provided with all facilities[/b]2

Governor Fashola who asserted that the new road is one of the best that anyone can think of, added that it is illuminated for safety at night and has been provided with all facilities.

http://www.tundefashola.com/archives/news/2009/04/21/20090421N11.html

Obviously, the only thing you witnessed is the same lies you and your lying kind peddle all over the internet.

At your old age, you have nothing better to do but to peddle lies, garbage, ignorance and unintelligent idiocies on the internet.

The fact that you are a shameless, disgraced and discredited loser should be enough baggage around your neck so why keep compounding it with more baggage day after day.

What Nigeria did to deserve clowns and despicable people like you beats me...

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by aresa: 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
Btw, thanks to BRF for upgrading and linking that website and achieve to serve as tool for enlightenment, data and facts collection for the people of Lagos state and Nigerians to draw from and reference and deny lairs like the clown I just busted opportunity to spread lies and ignorance..
Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
Like I said you should stop being aggresive. I had to dig achive for people like you. Now read along...
• Massive roads construction, dualization and modernization across Lagos State such as Kudirat Abiola road, Oregun; [size=18pt]Awolowo road, Ikoyi[/size]; Akin Adesola road, Victoria Island, Adeola Odeku road, Victoria Island; Agege Motor road; Ikotun-Igando road; Yaba-Itire- Lawanson-Ojuelegba road; LASU-Iba road, Ojo; Ajah- Badore road, Eti-Osa; Oba Sekumade road, Ikorodu; Adetokunbo Ademola road, Victoria Island and the ongoing expansion and modernization of the Lagos-Epe Expressway as the largest concessioneering project of its size and compexity in Africa among several others.
www.pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/tinubu-meet-the-pathfinder-for-the-development-of-lagos/

Most of the roads constructed by the Tinubu administration over a decade ago are still solid and motorable. They include KudiratAbiola road, Oregun; [size=18pt]Awolowo road, Ikoyi[/size]; Akin Adesola road, Victoria Island; Adeola Odeku road, Victoria Island; Agege Motor road; Ikotun-Igando road; Yaba-Itire-Lawanson- Ojuelegba road; LASU-Iba road, Ojo; Ajah-Badore road, Eti-Osa; Oba Sekumade Road, Ikorodu; Adetokunbo Ademola Road; Victoria Island and the ongoing modernisation of the Lagos-Epe Expressway as the largest concessioneering project of its size and complexity in Africa. In any case, has the National Assembly not been perpetually at war with the Jonathan administration over abysmally poor budgetary performance?
www.thenationonlineng.net/curing-doyin-okupes-ignorance/

Like I said, I WITNESSED it. I wasn't told. You should read the difference between "Construction" of Awolowo road and Commissioning of "bourdillon road". You don't know Ikoyi,that's the fact!

Now run along...

aresa:

Obviously, the only thing you witnessed is the same lies you and your lying kind peddle all over the internet.

At your old age, you have nothing better to do but to peddle lies, garbage, ignorance and unintelligent idiocies on the internet.

The fact that you are a shameless, disgraced and discredited loser should be enough baggage around your neck so why keep compounding it with more baggage day after day.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by CharlesPhc: 4:35pm On Sep 23, 2015
Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by Volksfuhrer(m): 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
olatunji21:
Very Clueless guy..

The OP or Ambode?

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by ndcide(m): 4:43pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Fashola is that you? How can you be so clueless to blame Ambode for something that is beyond his control?

12. Prostitution is booming in previously high brow areas of Lagos. In fact prostitutes have taken over Oniru area, a highbrow area nestled between Lekki and Victoria Island, and Lekki Phase-1. Drive along Admiralty Way at night and weep.

Is it under Ambode that the rate of crime resurface or under Buhari? Is Ambode in control of the Army and police? Why not channel that to Buhari? The number 12 is clueless. Prostitution has always been on the high side in Lagos. It has nothing to do with Ambode.

@Topic: I am not APC and I never voted Ambode. However, the present situation is a combination of the off-shoot of Fashola's reckless spending, Buhari lack of policy fomulation and perhaps Ambode's mis-steps. The FG policy direction directly and indirectly influence states' decisions. This is a FACT! The financial situation that Nigeria and Lagos are into is so bad that Ambode may find it tough to borrow as Fashola has already plummerised the state. Ambode even mentioned this to LSHA, of which they set up committee to bring forward recommendation. As for Ambode, he was supposed to do all these before he was sworn in.

Anyway, APC is a failed party!

I agree 100%

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by biafranqueen: 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2015
Recently, most beautiful girl in Lagos State University (MBGLASU 2014), Queen Tomisin Idowu along with her entourage embarked on a social service trip to Makoko to help the under-privilege, but some will come on this forum hailing APC and the lying liars praising them for one picture or another abroad.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by biafranqueen: 5:08pm On Sep 23, 2015
aresa:

We are clapping for the road has does that road help these people?
Although the Otodo Gbamé raids were only reported in a few local newspapers, they had a devastating impact on the community. Waidi Ponor, an elderly leader, saw his house burnt to ashes. All that remained was a concrete foundation; he had been one of the few residents with a cement floor. His family is now spread across the community, staying with friends and any one else who will take them in. “Every day we never cease to drop tears, some of our property has been abused, we lost our loved ones,” he said.

Ponor’s story is not a new one: Slum demolitions have long been part of Lagos’ history. In the 1920s, the colonial government destroyed entire neighborhoods to mitigate an outbreak of bubonic plague. In the 1950s, 200,000 people were displaced from central Lagos Island as part of a “beautification” scheme. Twenty-five years ago, 300,000 people were removed during a state-sponsored eviction in Maroko, one of Lagos’ most visible and iconic slums. That neighborhood has since been filled with sand and covered with expensive new mansions and luxury apartments.

Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by aresa: 5:26pm On Sep 23, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
Like I said you should stop being aggresive. I had to dig achive for people like you. Now read along...

www.pointblanknews.com/pbn/articles-opinions/tinubu-meet-the-pathfinder-for-the-development-of-lagos/

Like I said, I WITNESSED it. I wasn't told. You should read the difference between "Construction" of Awolowo road and Commissioning of "bourdillon road". You don't know Ikoyi,that's the fact!

Now run along...

The governor also disclosed that the contract for the construction of Bourdillion which is a continuation of Awolowo Road in Ikoyi

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/archive2/tblnews_Detail.php?id=30113

Governor Fashola constructed this beautiful modern dual carriage road (Awolowo Road to Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi)

The person you quoted said Awolowo rd to Bourdillon. Meaning continuation from Awolowo to Bourdillon.

So, it really was your own inability to read and comprehend the issue here?

Sad to know inability to read and comprehend simple English is one of your many maladies...
Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by aresa: 5:28pm On Sep 23, 2015
[s]
biafranqueen:
We are clapping for the road has does that road help these people?
[/s]

Unintelligent internet trolls and nuisance like you bore me.

Worry more about your worthless and backward villages..
Re: Governor Ambode Is Overwhelmed: Cannot Run Lagos State by biafranqueen: 5:48pm On Sep 23, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Unintelligent internet trolls and nuisance like you bore me.

Worry more about your worthless and backward villages..
My Dear my Village in Nnewi is where you could never dream to live, keep talking trash.....

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please What Is Going On?????????????????????????????::::::::::::::: / Chief Justice Of Nigeria Just Saved Nigerian Judiciary / They Sponsored Protests Against Jonathan,why Can't I Protest With 2face?- Fayose

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.