Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,113 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:46 AM

Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! (23071 Views)

Journey To Ghana By Road And My 1 Week Experience Here / U.S Visit: Port Of Entry Interview/stories. / 10 Reasons Why Travellers Are Turned Back Or Refused Entry At The Port Of Entry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by awe2015(f): 10:11pm On Sep 23, 2015
Hi all! I would beg that we share our Point of Entry experience here, whether, USA, UK, etc...Just share them here to help others...I will be traveling soon too to the USA, so I wouldn't like to mess up. Hoping this thread will be helpful to others...but if it wouldn't, then there is no need to leave it open, I'll simply close it. But i think it will smiley

2 Likes

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
awe2015:
Hi all! I would beg that we share our Point of Entry experience here, whether, USA, UK, etc...Just share them here to help others...I will be traveling soon too to the USA, so I wouldn't like to mess up. Hoping this thread will be helpful to others...but if it wouldn't, then there is no need to leave it open, I'll simply close it. But i think it will smiley
Wonderful. Definitely it will.

But i would like to warn you now. Please never carry or take anyone's baggage. This is to avoid story that touches heart.

Some people might be carrying drugs.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by awe2015(f): 11:38pm On Sep 23, 2015
Lol... definitely, I won't even think of it! I go tag my bag well well lolz cos i no wan miss my egusi, cray fish, azu gbam gbam, garri, etc grin
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by FrontPageLawyer(m): 4:12am On Sep 24, 2015
Nice Thread.

My POE transcript.

IO: Why are you in the UK?

Me: Business meeting and to carry out pre-shipment Inspection of equipment at XYZ Tech Ltd.

IO: What type of equipment?

Me: Mechanical Engineering Equipment which my company ordered from XYZ Tech Ltd, end user being a State Government University inn Nigeria.

IO: What company again?

Me: Sir, I don't understand, do you mean the company I work?

IO: No, the host company in UK.

Me: XYZ Tech Ltd.

IO: And you're staying for 3 days (He checked that on my landing card)

Me: Yes sir.

IO: Flipped through my passport again and saw a refusal stamp, then looked straight into my eyes.

Stamped my passport and said "enjoy your stay in the UK"

13 Likes

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by JayJustus(m): 10:54am On Sep 24, 2015
POE experience at singapore...

me: hello

woman: hi...where is your guardian ***because i'm so small smiley***

me: no guardian ma'am...i live in malaysia

woman: studying?

me: yes, university of sunderland

woman: what are you here to do in singapore?

me: tourism research homework and singapore sightseeing

woman: first time in singapore?

me: yes

woman: how many days would you be spending?

me: 4 days 3 nights (tourism students style )

woman: where's your e-visa and hotel booking?

me: *hands it in*

woman: *stamps me thirty days* enjoy singapore

woman: *calls in another guy from ICA* saying "get his school details he is just 20 years old without a guardian

me: **in my mind me thinking if i can survive alone in malaysia what is in singapore...**

ICA guy: enjoy your stay in singapore...

me: ***dashes away like flash***

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
POE UK Experience.

Customs Officer: (Black woman, not smiling) Passports pls...

Me: (Gives her passports was entering the UK with my daughter)

Customs Officer: Whats the purpose of your trip.

Me: Vacation

Customs Officer: Where will you be staying?

Me: (tell her the address)

Customs Officer: Can you lift the child up let me see her face

Me: (Lift her up for her to see)

Customs Officer: Are you her mother?

Me: Yes

Customs Officer: What date did you give. Birth to her?

Me: (tells her the date, the hospital and that I even had her thru a CS on xmas day)

Customs Officer: Will your host be coming to pick you?

Me: Yes

Customs Officer: (stamps us in)

Enjoy ur stay in the UK.

9 Likes

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by henrychubayo: 8:12am On Sep 25, 2015
POE Mozambique. Visa on Arrival.

Woman: Hi how are u

Me: Am fine and u?

Woman: Great. What can I do for u?

Me: I want Visa

Woman: Pass me you passport.

Me: ok and pass pp

Women: Wait let me do consultation. I will be with u

Me: ok
After 2 minutes

Woman: where is the yellow card

Me: Here and passed

Woman: ok fill this form

Me: ok. Filled form with the help of some local guys.

Woman: can I have the application fee

Me: pass money to her

woman: Please stand here for digital photo please

After photo taken

Woman: Here is your pp and visa.

Me: thank u.

11 Likes

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by poshstore: 11:55am On Sep 25, 2015
Nice thread

1 Like

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by awe2015(f): 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2015
henrychubayo:
POE Mozambique. Visa on Arrival.

Woman: Hi how are u
Me: Am fine and u?
Woman: Great. What can I do for u?
Me: I want Visa
Woman: Pass me you passport.
Me: ok and pass pp
Women: Wait let me do consultation. I will be with u
After 2 minutes
Woman: where is the yellow card
Me: Here and passed
Woman: ok fill this form
Me: ok. Filled form with the help of some local guys.
Woman: can I have the application fee
Me: pass money to her
woman: Please stand here for digital photo please
After photo taken
Woman: Here is your pp and visa.
Me: thank u.

How many months visa were you given?
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by awe2015(f): 9:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
poshstore:
Nice thread

Thanks! I hope it will help a lot of travelers out there smiley
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Teeboy22(m): 12:15am On Sep 26, 2015
following cool

2 Likes

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by henrychubayo: 4:24am On Sep 26, 2015
awe2015:

How many months visa were you given?

30 days Visa on arrival
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 26, 2015
Turkish Republic Of Northern Cyprus
Ercan Airport... 9:00am
Point Of Entry
Police: Merhaba Translated to Hello
Me: Hi

Police: Your passport please
Me: Take it

Police: Brought out form and said check for your name
Me: I can't find my name

Police: Since you can't find your name and today been Sunday, we will need to detain you till Monday b4 we will contact your school to know if you are a student
Me: For what? Thank God i have return ticket... In fact, i want to go back to Nigeria

Police: You are not going back to anywhere... We are going to detain you till tomorrow
Me: See me see trouble oh

Police: Bring your phone and said follow me to your room inside the airport...
Me: When i get there, i saw some people from Mozambique, Zambia and Algeria that have been detained because they don't have visa

Me: After 30minute in the room... I called one of the police to help me get a sim card and airtime and after which, i called one of the staff of the school who came to Nigeria for presentation of their school and she apologize and saaid i shouldn't be offended and that it because they didn't know i was coming on Sunday and that they wanted to send my name to the Airport on Monday and that she will called the police and in the next 30minutes, they will allow me into the country. Not up to 15minutes, The police collected my passport, stamp and handed it over to me and said they were sorry and that it is their norms there. I said no wahala... The staff called me that she was going to send a bus to come and carry me from the airport

TOPIC SENTENCE: Don't travel on weekend for your own good.. Meanwhile, when you get to your destination. Kindly share as well.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by youngbilly1: 10:33am On Sep 26, 2015
This should be on the front page tho.
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by awe2015(f): 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2015
fados4sure:
Turkish Republic Of Northern Cyprus
Ercan Airport... 9:00am
Point Of Entry
Police: Merhaba Translated to Hello
Me: Hi

Police: Your passport please
Me: Take it

Police: Brought out form and said check for your name
Me: I can't find my name

Police: Since you can't find your name and today been Sunday, we will need to detain you till Monday b4 we will contact your school to know if you are a student
Me: For what? Thank God i have return ticket... In fact, i want to go back to Nigeria

Police: You are not going back to anywhere... We are going to detain you till tomorrow
Me: See me see trouble oh

Police: Bring your phone and said follow me to your room inside the airport...
Me: When i get there, i saw some people from Mozambique, Zambia and Algeria that have been detained because they don't have visa

Me: After 30minute in the room... I called one of the police to help me get a sim card and airtime and after which, i called one of the staff of the school who came to Nigeria for presentation of their school and she apologize and saaid i shouldn't be offended and that it because they didn't know i was coming on Sunday and that they wanted to send my name to the Airport on Monday and that she will called the police and in the next 30minutes, they will allow me into the country. Not up to 15minutes, The police collected my passport, stamp and handed it over to me and said they were sorry and that it is their norms there. I said no wahala... The staff called me that she was going to send a bus to come and carry me from the airport

TOPIC SENTENCE: Don't travel on weekend for your own good.. Meanwhile, when you get to your destination. Kindly share as well.

Mehn, that was so embarrassing! undecided
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by awe2015(f): 3:26pm On Sep 26, 2015
youngbilly1:
This should be on the front page tho.

I guess justwise is currently working on that...lol grin
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by FrontPageLawyer(m): 3:53pm On Sep 26, 2015
awe2015:

I guess justwise is currently working on that...lol grin

It shouldn't necessarily go to the front page.

Let us keep it alive and be more detailed to make it very interesting.

Example:

Q: Where do you work?

A: XYZ bank and not bla! Bla!! Bla!!! Or I told him.

Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by poshstore: 5:56pm On Sep 26, 2015
Informative!!

1 Like

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by sparklerii: 9:22am On Sep 27, 2015
POE Uk

woman:morning
me:morning
woman:you forgot to fill your occupation on your landing card
me:sorry for that and filled in home maker as my occupation
woman:who is sponsoring ur trip
me:my husband
woman:what does he do
me:Real Estate consultant
woman:are u travelling alone
me:yes
woman:do you have any family in the UK
me:no
woman:what do you intend to do in Uk
me:I intend to go to picadilly circus,use your tour bus,go to Birmingham palace and also go for shopping(These are d ones I can remember ooo but I know I said more things)
woman:stamps me in
enjoy your stay!!!

6 Likes

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by BOWOTO(m): 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2015
lol there shouldn't be any problem if your documents are valid, but due to the corruption of NIS you'll go through some barriers, just look for someone to pass you through, give him like 5k and you're good.
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by donciccio: 12:43am On Sep 28, 2015
POE - Malaysia

IO separates students from non students. I fell to the non students category.

IO - drop ur pp in that basket
Me - I dropped it.
IO - where's ur quarantine card
Me - I submitted my yellow card. (They took it to the quarantine unit for assessment.)
IO - picks my pp from the basket. what's ur name
Me - XYZ
IO - what do u do?
Me - I'm a PC with XYZ coy
IO - that's an X coy
Me - yes. it's an X/Y service coy
IO - why are u here
Me - on a visit to see Malaysia.
IO - do u 've ur hotel bookings
Me - yes.
IO - stretches hand
Me - hands it over to him.
IO - how long are u staying
Me - four days
IO - how much do u 've
Me - I said 2600$ based on tips from an officer in MMIA. Although, I'd 1300$ cash. Mnyle I used my union debit card for most payments during my stay.

IO - stamps my pp for 2wks stay and hands it over to me.
Me- thank you.

interesting one op.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by poshstore: 8:06am On Sep 28, 2015
donciccio:
POE - Malaysia

IO separates students from non students. I fell to the non students category.

IO - drop ur pp in that basket
Me - I dropped it.
IO - where's ur quarantine card
Me - I submitted my yellow card. (They took it to the quarantine unit for assessment.)
IO - picks my pp from the basket. what's ur name
Me - XYZ
IO - what do u do?
Me - I'm a PC with XYZ coy
IO - that's an X coy
Me - yes. it's an X/Y service coy
IO - why are u here
Me - on a visit to see Malaysia.
IO - do u 've ur hotel bookings
Me - yes.
IO - stretches hand
Me - hands it over to him.
IO - how long are u staying
Me - four days
IO - how much do u 've
Me - I said 2600$ based on tips from an officer in MMIA. Although, I'd 1300$ cash. Mnyle I used my union debit card for most payments during my stay.

IO - stamps my pp for 2wks stay and hands it over to me.
Me- thank you.

interesting one op.
Nice one,but what wld u have said if he had asked u to show him the cash?
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by awe2015(f): 9:55am On Sep 28, 2015
BOWOTO:
lol there shouldn't be any problem if your documents are valid, but due to the corruption of NIS you'll go through some barriers, just look for someone to pass you through, give him like 5k and you're good.

Uhmm...who are you referring to?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by mama777(f): 2:41pm On Sep 28, 2015
pls house I need ur advice.during my interview last week I stated my purpose of traveling was for graduation ceremony and vacation.the graduation date Is 3rd October.my problem Is that if I decide to travel in a month time, just for vacation purpose ,since am into business hope they won't be any problem at the p point of entry
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by awe2015(f): 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2015
mama777:
pls house I need ur advice.during my interview last
week I stated my purpose of traveling was for
graduation ceremony and vacation.the graduation
date Is 3rd October.my problem Is that if I decide to
travel in a month time, just for vacation purpose
,since am into business hope they won't be any
problem at the p point of entry

Which country?
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by cozybunch: 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2015
mama777:
pls house I need ur advice.during my interview last
week I stated my purpose of traveling was for
graduation ceremony and vacation.the graduation
date Is 3rd October.my problem Is that if I decide to
travel in a month time, just for vacation purpose
,since am into business hope they won't be any
problem at the p point of entry

Circumstance do change, if for any inconvenience reasons you did not make the graduation, you simply explain them to the entry officer in u.s (cbp). It is same rule in most advance countries.

Good Luck
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by youngbilly1: 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2015
awe2015:

Cc: lalasticlala
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by mama777(f): 11:15pm On Oct 02, 2015
cozybunch:

Circumstance do change, if for any inconvenience reasons you did not make the graduation, you simply explain them to the entry officer in u.s (cbp). It is same rule in most advance countries.

Good Luck

thx alot
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by mama777(f): 11:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
cozybunch:

Good Luck

thanks
Re: Share Your POE (point Of Entry) Experience Here! by mekzyjoe(m): 12:18pm On Oct 03, 2015
cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer Accident At Freedom Park, Osogbo Today (Photos) / A Nairalander Shares His Badagry Tour Experience / The Return Of Parked Trucks On Bridges In Lagos (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.