Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,380 members, 7,808,353 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Lecturers Reducing Students' Grades. Right Or Wrong? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Lecturers Reducing Students' Grades. Right Or Wrong? (787 Views)

The Nigerian University With The Most Corrupt Lecturers? / Grades For Sex: Nekede Polytechnic Student Begs Lecturer For Help / Jamb Reducing/removing Their 40 Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lecturers Reducing Students' Grades. Right Or Wrong? by Octaves(m): 11:11pm On Sep 23, 2015
News flying around in the faculty of Engineering, UNIZIK is that some lecturers who have released their results and have had many of their students get A's are being asked to reduce the number of A's. This has riled many students up who heard the rumour but nobody has reacted because the news is still uncomfirmed. In one of the courses, 46 people got A's and on the other, 36 A's. The dean (as the rumour has it) asked the lecturers to reduce the As to about 10. In another department, a guy told me there were 10 A's in a course and the lecturers were asked to reduce them to about 2.
Even though news like this are not usually made open, we know this is the norm.
There have been courses where it was obvious the results were manipulated. We've had courses where around 50% of the faculty got Fs and they didnt try to reduce the no Fs to around 10. We've had courses where you are almost certain of an A or B and end up with a weak E.
The sad thing is that some people would work realy hard trying to make good grades to offset previous disappointments and they reduce your grades just like that.
One lecturer actually made the statement that people dont get A's that he's never marked an exam script and the person got an A. That they have to increase the grades so that some ppl can make A's. This got me wondering if all the students are dolts. The lecturers dont even think about the implication of what they are doing/saying. It implies that they are unqualified teachers.
How can u pay school fees and work hard for good grades and they give u what they think u should get rather than what u got. Is this fair?
Re: Lecturers Reducing Students' Grades. Right Or Wrong? by Obinovictor(m): 11:29pm On Sep 23, 2015
Are you actually asking us or is it a rhetoric question?
Re: Lecturers Reducing Students' Grades. Right Or Wrong? by Octaves(m): 9:53am On Sep 24, 2015
Obinovictor:
Are you actually asking us or is it a rhetoric question?
i brought the topic here so u guys can give me ur opinions on whether it is justified or not, whether it happens in other schools, etc. Ur input would be appreciated
Re: Lecturers Reducing Students' Grades. Right Or Wrong? by Aabheer: 9:39am On Mar 19, 2020
One lecturer really begun that people did not gain an A, that he never spotted a paper script and that the person got an A. That they have to raise the grades so that some people can do A's. I was wondering if all the students are dolts. The lecturers don't even think about the effects of what they do / say. Did he try www.bestessays.com for us. This means that they are not qualified teachers.

(1) (Reply)

UNIUYO Gets New Vice Chancellor / Nigerian Scholar Solves 156-year-old Problem In Maths, gets one million dollars / Who Knows Much About UNIABUJA?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.