Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:47 PM

Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun (15590 Views)

Reverend Father Arrested In Osun For Stealing And Selling Baby (Photo) / Lagos CEO 'Mr Stainless' Who Duped His Ex-girlfriends & Others Arrested. Photos / Amputee, Others Arrested For Impersonating Tinubu, Saraki (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by myners007: 6:32am On Sep 24, 2015
THE Lagos State Police Command, yesterday arrested three persons, among them, a trado-med­ical doctor, over alleged theft and sale of a two-week old baby.

The state Commissioner of Police (CP), Mr. Fatai Owoseni, who paraded the suspects yesterday at the command headquarters, Ikeja, identified the trado-medical doctor as Ono­laja Olawale and the two suspects as Mr and Mrs Ayogbinle.

He said that the tradi­tional doctor was instru­mental to the sale of the baby, while the couple, were the buyers.

According to him, Dr. Olawole allegedly sold the baby to the couple for N136,000.

Mr. Owoseni who identified the child’s par­ents as Idiatu Babatunde and Akinola Babatunde said the trado-medical healer was instrumental to the sale of the baby. The couple, after paying N136,000 to him, took possession of the baby.

The couple and the doc­tor have been arrested and the baby reunited with her mother.”

In his confessional state­ment, the traditional medi­cine practitioner admitted collecting N136,000 from Mr. And Mrs Ayogbinle, but said that the money was meant to facilitate the procurement of papers to adoption the baby from the Lagos State government.

He said: “The mother of the baby came to me to say that she would be go­ing back to Ofa Polytech­nic where she is schooling, to process her National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) documents and that she would be away for two weeks. She appealed to me to assist in taking care of the child while she was away.

“We are family friends. Since my wife was also breast-feeding, I decided that we should take cus­tody of the baby pending when she would return from school.

However, I have known Mr. And Mrs Ayogbinle for some years and I know that they are in dire need of a child. The woman has been suffering from miscarriages for several years. I sold the idea of adopting the baby to them. They gave me N130,000 to procure all relevant documents before I was arrested,” he said.

On her part, Oluwakemi Ayogbinle who also mitted buying the baby, blamed her landlord for reporting the matter to the police.

She said the bubble burst when her landlord who knew that she was not pregnant was shocked to discover the two-week old baby in her custody.

“My landlord who knows that I was never pregnant, not to talk of giving birth to a two-week old baby, reported the mat­ter to the police.” If I had been able to procure the documents, I would have taken good care of the baby. I need a baby.

The CP said the suspect would soon be charged to the court soon.
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/doctor-two-others-arrested-for-selling-baby/

Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by Imortal001: 6:34am On Sep 24, 2015
Ok
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by Sunexy(m): 6:34am On Sep 24, 2015
Landlords wunt mind their bizness..ur bizness is to collect rent, not 2 chk hw dey got their baby..dat landlord shud be recruited into the CIA

Other couple looking 4 babies shud beware...learn to wait 4d Lord
#peace
grin

7 Likes

Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by amunkita(m): 6:43am On Sep 24, 2015
The Trado sef need beta acrobatic slap, what was the story he intends telling the mother of the child when she comes back..

Madam adopter, ur landlord wey dey happy say u neva born so that u go fit dey pay his house rent on time na him u go show small pikin of 2 weeks..

Landord, u sef want recognition as undercover detective frm CIA abii..

The mother of the child, oya collect 2 slap for ur mumurity..

Oya lalasticlala, come see ur Umu Nwanne..

2 Likes

Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by ademega(m): 6:45am On Sep 24, 2015
terrible people in the world
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 24, 2015
Nan...nah..nah..not the way to go
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by Dottore: 8:35am On Sep 24, 2015
Na wao
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by Bitterleafsoup: 8:35am On Sep 24, 2015
Chai! Well thank God it not for ritual like usual....Sounds like a cover story on 2nd thought, since when do traditional doctors become adoption agency's

2 Likes

Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by PRINCENWAEZE(m): 8:35am On Sep 24, 2015
shocked so pikin don become goods abi? Oya buhari body odour do the needful, jugde ur food don ready sell them to kirikiri as them like buying and selling
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by Sijo01(f): 8:35am On Sep 24, 2015
God punish all of una. Stewpid people.

1 Like

Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by Icecomrade: 8:36am On Sep 24, 2015
Sad
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by ifyclose2(m): 8:37am On Sep 24, 2015
OP....he's NOT a doctor, but a traditional medicine practicioner. They are 2 different things.

5 Likes

Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:37am On Sep 24, 2015
Bad market

On the other news, tap from the multi billion naira plantain industry by starting your own money minting plantain farm.
Check my articles in the agric section to see how to get started

1 Like

Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by damton(m): 8:37am On Sep 24, 2015
Kidnappers everywhere, may God help us in this country.
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by LesbianBoy(m): 8:38am On Sep 24, 2015
I just came to check the names of the people involved and i was not disappointed lipsrsealed

28 Likes

Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by neweraomo: 8:38am On Sep 24, 2015
Nairaland..abeg no bad news on sallah day. Abegi angry
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by itsIYKE(m): 8:38am On Sep 24, 2015
Is it them?.....yes ofcourse......wild wild west

17 Likes

Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 24, 2015
Are we going bck to slave trade?people go soon dey sleep their brother or sister without knowing

1 Like

Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by horexy(f): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2015
Hmmmn angry...Go and sin no more..Thank God the baby has been re-united with her mother grin...And Mr and Mrs Ayogbinle, may the Lord bless u with ur own children and put smiles on ur faces cheesy
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by Holuwakemmy16(f): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2015
Let see their faces
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by Dexema(m): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2015
Undercover landlord and mumu couple wey no know road to motherless babies home if them wan adopt pikin...yeeye is really smelling
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by Davinex(m): 8:40am On Sep 24, 2015
Wrong move.
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by yomalex(m): 8:41am On Sep 24, 2015
This our country is turning to something else o like say na commodity
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by BTT(m): 8:41am On Sep 24, 2015
Life...

The things people do to have children.

May God answer all those who still fervently have faith in him for their own children.
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by omusiliyu(m): 8:41am On Sep 24, 2015
D
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by j4sure(m): 8:41am On Sep 24, 2015
ok
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by richyfunky(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2015
Children trafficking now becoming a booming business in Nigeria, may God help us
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by pretydiva(f): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2015
Y una come cover their faces ni ..allow us 2 see d faces of these heartless criminals
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by chukkiephil(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2015
Came to check the name!!, dash me like if u know what I mean and u came to do so too grin why are they facing the white wall angry

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by poshbrave(m): 8:42am On Sep 24, 2015
Evil generation doctor is suppose to be a life saver....
Re: Doctor, Two Others Arrested For Selling Baby -the Sun by AfroKnight: 8:42am On Sep 24, 2015
Please correct your topic. He is a herbalist. Doctor my foot.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Caught With 90gm MDMA In Bengaluru / Eze Bredan Ibekwe Killed By Assassins In Imo, Body Dumped On Roadside / Suspected Kidnapper Disguising As A Mental Case Arrested In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.