Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:18 AM

Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki (37333 Views)

Fayose Sacks Aide Over Eid El-kabir Prayers Improper Coverage / Eid Prayer Attack: See What Happened To The 8 Men Who Stoned Saraki (see Photos) / Nigerians Blast Saraki For 'lying' That He Was Not Stoned - PM News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by XavierBlue(m): 5:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
Following news reports that Nigeria’s senate president, Bukola Saraki, was attacked at the Eid Prayer Groundduring the prayers to mark the Eid-el-Kabir in Ilorin earlier today, Thursday, September 24, the embattled former governor has denied the reports.

Mr Saraki who spoke through his media office said he was never attacked nor was there any attempt made on his life to warrant him being ‘whisked away’ as reported by a section of the media.

Saraki said he had earlier spoke with reporters at the prayer ground as he arrived in the company of the Emir of Ilorin, His Royal Highness (HRH), Alhaji Ibrahim Sulu Gambari, Speaker of the Kwara State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon Ali Ahmad and a former Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Alfa Belgore.

“We want to say that nothing can be further from the truth as the Senate President was never attacked nor was there any attempt made on his life to warrant him being ‘whisked away’ as reported by a section of the media.

“We however observe that there was a protest allegedly staged by local government employees over purported non-payment of salaries which hoodlums attempted to hijacked but this development was immediately curtailed by security agents.

“Therefore, to say that the Senate President was attacked at the venue of the prayers is totally false and a figment of the imagination of those behind the story because the protest was never targeted at him, neither was any missile hurled at him,”the statement said.

Meanwhile, the Kwara State Government has stated that majority of the workers in the state have received their salaries and that those yet to receive theirs will do so on Monday as Thursday and Friday of this week are public holidays.
https://www.naij.com/564083-eid-el-kabir-not-stoned-saraki.html

Lalasticlala

3 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by Bevista: 5:24pm On Sep 24, 2015
"We steal because Nigerians don't stone us" - Amaechi (15 Dec 2013).

Apparently, Nigerians have taken the advice of the former governor. When the whole community begins to HUNT for WITCHES, then you know it's gameover for the blood-sucking vampires. This media statement is just a futile attempt at doing Damage Control.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by McCarlito(m): 5:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
So na who dem come dey call ole! Ole!! Thief! Thief!!

Choi! Saraki!! Senators dey wan collect ur sit... Ur statesmen dey pursue ur life... Which way my man... Which way grin grin grin grin grin

122 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by bamidele029: 5:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
We have seen the video of your disgrace already

159 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by braine(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
bamidele029:

They say that every thief is a liar. Saraki proves that right.

177 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by Precious91(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
He's fooling who?

14 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by efilefun(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
Anybody who knows Ilorin very well would know they have a special eid where almost everybody in the state comes to pray Eid, and thats the same place shown in the video. SARAKI CAN EMPLOY SOME EXPERTS TO HELP HIM WRAP HIS LIES NEATLY AND SHOVE IT INTO HIS STINKING A55.

bamidele029:

The dude forgot even china phones now come with camera...lmao he just confirmed that popular saying "Every thief is a liar"

104 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by Omotayor123(f): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
Video don dey lie shey

57 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by 234GT(m): 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
Videos don't lie

41 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
I imagine a lot of people are lying to Saraki, telling him only the things he wants to hear. He's so desperate to appear loved and saint-like that reality eludes him.

Reminds me of a certain Gej before the fall.

88 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by Daffar: 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
Story story

3 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by shidof(m): 5:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
Hahaha! Mek I no laff, chukwudi44( Fulani's slave) kom and defend ur master. But, to be serious, I think it's Yoruba pipu dt staged d protest bcoz ol d voices I could heard in d video are Yoruba's own abi na Yoruba pipu own Ilorin nee..I fink chukudi can now see beta frm d video dt Yorubas Jst dn't know how to glorify and accommodate thief even if he's d son of soil. Hahahhahaha .

NB : to dose pipu quoting me out of context, I was only refferin to pipu lyk chukudi dt think Ilorin is mainly for Fulani and thought Yoruba's are against saraki because he wasn't part of us.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by hensben(m): 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
Uncle tell us a story.

See lie wey dey come out from so called number 3 man in the countryshocked

Naija which way.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by devigblegble: 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
We don hear
Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by ruggedboy01: 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
grin cheesy grin cheesy

A pee cee CHANGE cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by favouritesahaba: 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
There is Goodu o
Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by Damalex4luv(m): 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
People funny oooo, do you all expect him to say he was stoned. The same way he said he wasn't guilty of the alleged offence leveled against him. I served in Kwara state and I must say the truth that this guy really ruined that state. The state is one of the poorest state in this country with nothing to show for it. You should all go to places like lafiaji, bacita, and some other places and you see how this people are suffering. It's so so unfortunate

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by igbo2011(m): 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
But we don't celebrate African or Africacn spirituality holidays....smh
Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by anytexy: 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
okay, let me believe you in fear.
Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by Built2last: 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
In as much as i dont like this Saraki guy, there are news outfit that when they break or report news. I patiently wait for the truth. They are

The Nation newspaper

Sahara reporters.

Nigerians deserve the truth, but knews from the above outfit is skewed to serve an interest at all times but never for the masses.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by damton(m): 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
Saraki is a liar. Trying to defend himself from the embarrassment

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by godwil114(m): 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
Ehya. Sorry. Mr president of the senate

3 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by Gravanno: 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
saraki = pa chukwudi 79

15 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
See lie..
What my friend witnessed.

22 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by nationwide1(m): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
Whoever has the video should post it here. I hope it was not a sponsored protest. APC has perfected the art of telling lies making the devil look like a saint.

6 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by LEOSIRSIR(m): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
He he , who dey fool fool here. After watching and seeing many pictures
Oga na true true dem stone you

8 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by tunwumi: 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
Lie
Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by missKiffy(f): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
If dem stone you before, you go talk true

11 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by Gboliwe: 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
Yea right! You were hugged and applauded! Oniranu angry

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by anigbajumo(m): 5:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
Omotayor123:
V

Mehn,I catch u..
Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by skyface00(m): 5:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
Thank God we have seen d video, lolz I was even pity the OLE before denying being stoned

OLE
Oniro
Barawo banza

25 Likes

Re: Eid-el-kabir: I Wasnt Stoned- Saraki by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
what were you guys expecting for him to say the truth lmao

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nsima Ekere Wins Akwa Ibom APC Governorship Primary / Asiya-Balaraba Ganduje, Inuwa Uba Divorce: Judge Orders Journalists Out Of Court / Bala Mohammed: I have No Apologies For Using Chloroquine To Cure Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.