Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:12 AM

Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait (10034 Views)

We Want To Surrender And Release Chibok Girls - Boko Haram Begs F.G / Boko Haram And Jonathan: The Truth Unfolds - Thisday / Buhari’s List Not Worth The Wait, He Should Have Submitted On May 29 – Odumakin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
IT is over five hundred days since the news of the abducted Chibok girls came to the spotlight. To some people then, it was unthinkable, even much so now. Imagine the scenario; over two hundred secondary school students, let us say at most twenty of them per truck, that will be over ten trucks. Then imagine their accommodation and feeding.
How it is possible for the girls to remain out of the intelligence radar for so long or is it another case of Malaysian airline flight MH370 aircraft that is still a mystery till date?

A British diplomat once said that their satellite spotted a group of women at some point in the search for the girls. Could these be the wives and harems of the Boko Haram fighters? Of course, in any conquered territory, there are prisoners of war and these include women but some of these women choose to follow the fighters voluntarily and it is from this group, that women and child suicide bombers are produced.
Senator Shehu Sani again raised the hope of rescuing the Chibok girls alive in the interview he granted Sunday Vanguard in the edition of 13th September 2015.

The question is, how would the rescue mission be made possible? Only last week, the Nigerian military came out with a statement to the that they have flushed out Boko Haram insurgents from all of their known hide outs. With all of our neighbours now in full support of Buhari in the fight against Boko Haram, where will they be hiding the girls?

If all known Boko Haram hide outs have been captured, where could these girls be? Unless they are getting the support of a foreign government that is in cahoot with the insurgents, which to me is a farfetched option? Or, is it that people like Shehu Sani and others who are so confident of finding these girls know something that the rest of us do not know? It is not a question of a southerner and Christian that is at the helm of the nation’s affairs now.

We have Muhammadu Buhari, a top notch Hausa fulani and one preferred by them to rule the country, so why is the information about the girls’ whereabouts taking so long to be released? Why is information about the girls so difficult to obtain? We have over ran all of their strongholds and captured thousands of their soldiers, not one of them has volunteered information about the girls, or, is it that those in authority have more information than they ready to disclose to the public? Some have posited that the girls could have been dispersed in different directions. But, how is it possible for over two hundred persons to be distributed round, in different directions without a single trace of their movements.
Let us assume again that they are given out in marriage, out of two hundred girls, none is wise enough to reach out to their families? Or is there a possibility that they have all been killed and secretly buried without a trace? This viewpoint again is doubtful because if it is true, of all of the hundreds of Boko Haram commanders that have been captured both in Nigeria and neighbouring countries, at least a few will be in position to volunteer information on the missing Chibok girls.
It will be a big deal if the international community that includes the USA and Britain, is misled on the true position of the Chibok girls. More disappointing is the fact that their intelligence network and sophisticated equipment could not find the girls. Has Nigeria become Afghanistan, of treacherous mountains and inhospitable climate conditions that make it possible for people to disappear without trace? Even in Afghanistan, with the number of people involved, they will find traces? So, who is fooling who in this instance?
People have used the Chibok girls issue to feather their nests and gain recognition. They collected donations from concerned Nigerians and even get appointed to public offices but where are the girls? Let us all sit down and think and if we cannot think, as we say in Warri ‘let us leave everything to God’.

It is clear that even our military have not learnt any lesson in information disseminate with regards to the fight against the insurgents, because as it was under Goodluck Jonathan, so it is now. You do not speak with absolute certainty unless you are very sure about your facts on the position and condition of the opposition in all ramifications. The Boko Haram is a very mobile force, having been pushed to the wall; they have now resorted to suicide bombings and attacking soft targets in towns and cities.

We are facing a very brutal, determined and demon possessed force. The only way to silence them is with a more equal and efficient brutality, you do not use the pacifist approach, otherwise they will remain cancerous, defying all cures. Saddam Hussein applied this method when he was in charge of Iraq but the whole world brought him to condemnation, look at Iraq today, are they better off? The ISIL of today is the product of the Iraq renegade forces and opposition groups.
We need new intelligence strategies, as well as of forces that will consist of bold and determined men, ever ready to stick out their necks on the line of duty, to infiltrate the enemy lines and give accurate feedbacks, not guess work. We must no longer underestimate the Boko Haram forces or fall into the fallacy of underestimating the opposition, many great generals have fallen in battle by not according respect to the opposition.
With the sophisticated weapons and superior intelligence available to the USA and its European allies, they have not won the battle in Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, etc. The solution is to adapt to the changing times, of today’s war.
Meanwhile, we wait for the Chibok girls and we wait for the December deadline to rout the insurgents.

Mr. Sunny Ikhioya, a commentator on national issues, wrote from Lagos

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/chibok-girls-boko-haram-and-the-wait/

6 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
cool

WAITING FOR CHILDREN OF HATE AND MOTHER'S OF AGONY TO START BLAMING THE INCUMBENT ADMINISTRATION..

OP INCLUDED...

5 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by BeeBeeOoh(m): 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2015
User is run outta comment..

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
I'm still suprisEd that there has been no clue about the Chibok girls,

Was Chibok Kidnap a Scam?

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Nobody: 7:35pm On Sep 24, 2015
Freemanan:

You mean attack the Current administration...
The truth needs to be told

3 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
The truth needs to be told
And what is the Truth sir?

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
chukkiephil ChappyChase Ishiamu gunuvi Truckpusher Rozayx5 bomsilaga exxell erunz dunsman Nigerianvenom Ishiamu , nwadiuko1, ibokUtoroh, Koded, Ecoterrors, iPrinz20 Aprokoman, OcheJoseph, Dearpreye, Firefire, Tomakint Francizy, Temitemi1, Hinwazaka Ecoterrors, Dumkem21 Biafranqueen, Mogidi, Mizmycoli, IsraeliAirforce, Candyrain, Ambivert, Rose2014, Provacateur, Opiaoku, NDPVF, Anonimi, Engineerboat, Talktimi, ahaika23, coolestrogue APCSucks Emperortj93 DebateNigeria and all patriots

There is still a lot about this Chibok kidnap that we need to look into

8 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
Freemanan:

And what is the Truth sir?
Read the article objectively and tell me if there is truism in it

5 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 24, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Read the article objectively and tell me if there is truism in it
I ask you a simple question mate.... I expect a simple answer...

ACTUALLY, you Don't and can't look into this matter with your Cohorts in Hates.... You just want to have another night of bashing and wailing at opposition.... Wake up!

Nigeria needs realists... Not idealists and noise makers...

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Nobody: 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2015
Freemanan:

I ask you a simple question mate.... I expect a simple answer...
Read the article and stop spamming my mentions. Kilode, I don't have ileya ram. HaHa

17 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Nobody: 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Read the article and stop spamming my mentions. Kilode, I don't have ileya ram. HaHa
I see... You are in for jokes and slander this night. Goodnight sir.
Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by bmxshop: 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
Where Iraq's rulers could not prevent the 2003 U.S.-led invasion that delivered the country into the hands of Shi'ites, and were unwilling to mount a jihad against Alawite minority rule in Syria, much less deliver Jerusalem from Israel, Islamic State will now lead the way.
Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by neweraomo: 8:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
Before we say now,some idiot will start abusing if I call Nigeria a zoo or mobie theatre

9 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Richie0974: 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2015
Does anybody still think those girls are still well??
Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by sdindan: 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
Point of correction

Chibok Women not Girls grin
Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Stevecyes(m): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
I feard d worst, now i knw beta.
Some daura person once said he wil rescue them if elected.
I said again, i feard d worst, now i knw beta.
Somebody from daura will 4eva be clueless.
In God i save my soul.

9 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by demolinka(m): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
Just imagine what the mothers have been going thru. Boko mk una fear God o
Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Damalex4luv(m): 8:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
Okk ooo

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Nateben(m): 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
Just passing!!!!

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by princemillla(m): 8:26pm On Sep 24, 2015
People should rest about this Chibok girls thing jareeee.

Army said they av almost wipe out BH and still we've not even seen any of them, even the principal of the school have not come to tell us they found just one of those girls among the people being rescued so far. It's pathetic.

Omo eni ku o San ju o omo eni sanu lo.

A dead child is better than lost child
Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Ewizard(m): 8:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
After d reggae play d bluez... d bluez.. d bluez!

2 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by vonrosen: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by LieDetector(m): 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
Okada man, please stop me here. This is the place.

*gives him N500...." You can keep the change" *

Mama iyabo, I will need a bottle of pammy with isiewu.
Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by crispberry(f): 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
Hmmm

1 Share

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by qualityovenbake(m): 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
It baffles me that this mystery still remains unresolved.
Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
It's now become very obvious there's more to the chibok girls than we've been told. All the questions raised above are important.

Personally, i believe it's either no girls were ever kidnapped or the number was highly exaggerated for propaganda sake.

4 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by damton(m): 8:29pm On Sep 24, 2015
The fate of the Chibok girls continue to be a mystery. only God can help
Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by godoluwa(m): 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
Chibok girls is a SCAM. ask USA & Buhari the whereabout of Chibok girls.

6 Likes

Re: Chibok Girls, Boko Haram And The Wait by vonrosen: 8:30pm On Sep 24, 2015
undecided
Freemanan:
cool

WAITING FOR CHILDREN OF HATE AND MOTHER'S OF AGONY TO START BLAMING THE INCUMBENT ADMINISTRATION..

OP INCLUDED...
ewumerije!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Has A Hand In Election Postponement –Ajibulu / FG Approves ₦1.5 Billion For Customs To Procure 46 Vehicles / 2023 Election: Aggrieved APC, PDP Leaders Set To Launch New Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.