Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,024 members, 7,799,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:38 PM

Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? (48011 Views)

12 Most Beautiful Cities In Africa 2018 (pictures) / 10 Most Beautiful Cities In Nigeria (pics, Video) - Ovoko.com.ng / 10 Most Expensive Cities In Africa 2015 [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by bonechamberlain(m): 8:51am On Sep 25, 2015
if enugu no dey dere ,, I for blow bomb.

2 Likes

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by Viktor1983(m): 9:21am On Sep 25, 2015
lomprico:
Yes they are!
Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by demolinka(m): 9:21am On Sep 25, 2015
@OP Where mushin dey
Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by Decibel: 9:23am On Sep 25, 2015
FriedPlantain:
Ebonyi is neat as well, same as Taraba.

Infact, the lesser the population in a state, the more neater it tends to be.
Fact!! cool
Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by GodMode: 9:24am On Sep 25, 2015
http://zidinews..com.ng/

news, news and news
Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by obaty(f): 9:26am On Sep 25, 2015
op where is Port Harcourt?grin
Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by ruggedboy01: 9:27am On Sep 25, 2015
Igbo and yolloba food don done grin cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by Rotimi47: 9:28am On Sep 25, 2015
Op posting pictures of small areas & then generalises, what of taking pictures of VI, lekki, magodo, ikeja, some parts if Ajah and then use them to say Lagos is the cleanest city in Nigeria? Every state have some areas/locations that are extremely clean. Even London, new York etc have dirty areas.

9 Likes

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by babywhite(f): 9:28am On Sep 25, 2015
Abuja!!!!!
Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 25, 2015
wow, akwa ibom sure looks beautiful !

2 Likes

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by DorisK(f): 9:29am On Sep 25, 2015
gunpoint:
Please travel around Nigeria more before you comment, garbage is a function of population hence most small cities in Nigeria are clean just like not all parts of this cities you put up are spotless.
Jos, Zaria, Uyo just to mention a few i can add to your "clean" list
And in Enugu, Abakpa, Ogui and that OldPark area are so not clean so its not about taking shots in Independence layout please.

The whole city doesn't necessarily need to be spotless, even London and New York aren't spotless the whole place...... just a substantial part of the central area or state capital is enough. ....

2 Likes

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by gp6liveth(m): 9:29am On Sep 25, 2015
gunpoint:
Please travel around Nigeria more before you comment, garbage is a function of population hence most small cities in Nigeria are clean just like not all parts of this cities you put up are spotless.
And in Enugu, Abakpa, Ogui and that OldPark area are so not clean so its not about taking shots in Independence layout please.

U got it wrong by saying garbage is a function of population. If u carry out empirical studies, your hypothesis will be rejected. If garbage is a function of population then American states would have been dirty likewise China.
Cleaningness is a function of attitude of citizens and govt environmental efforts and other explanatory variables.

Back to the matter. I have travelled to Uyo and Abuja and I can authoritatively say that they are clean cities. Calabar which is the parent of Uyo is clean also if I am permitted to generalize.

3 Likes

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by crowntoro(f): 9:29am On Sep 25, 2015
Lovexme:
Those co-called neat cities have dirty encloses too.
Dont mind them, u hardly get to a city that does not havr the neat side and the dirty side, Ibadan for instance has both dirty side and the neat side, Secretariat is on of the neat sides while places like Oje, Bere, Orita merin amongst others are the dirty sides
Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by stalwart123(m): 9:30am On Sep 25, 2015
Ilekeh:
Enugu of all places?

The state with garbage at every corner?

TRAVELLERS LAMENT ENUGU DIRTY ENVIRONMENT...
https://www.facebook.com/9jatravel/posts/464251640348760

Enugu Airport Passengers Complain That Enugu Environment is "Too Dirty"
Source: http://www.punchng.com/business/transport/travellers-lament-enugus-dirty-environment/

This must either be a researcher, lawyer or a politician. See proofs and evidences.
Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by Gboliwe: 9:30am On Sep 25, 2015
I wonder why Uyo is in that list. undecided undecided

Enugu is a lot cleaner than Uyo in my opinion.

3 Likes

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by NEROSKY(m): 9:31am On Sep 25, 2015
OBAFEMIawolowo:
Enugu

As i was about to click the link, i said if Enugu wasn't in the list forget it!!!

1 Like

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by wildchild1: 9:31am On Sep 25, 2015
all cities are neat if they decided to show you their neat areas

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-jerseys-available-affordable/4

1 Like

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by murphyibiam15(m): 9:32am On Sep 25, 2015
gunpoint:
your head dey there...u really stay in Enugu.
Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by RAKITIC: 9:32am On Sep 25, 2015
Rotimi47:
Op posting pictures of small areas & then generalises, what of taking pictures of VI, lekki, magodo, ikeja, some parts if Ajah and then use them to say Lagos is the cleanest city in Nigeria? Every state have some areas/locations that are extremely clean. Even London, new York etc have dirty areas.
dont mind them anybody can post some random pictures
Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by becah(f): 9:33am On Sep 25, 2015
OfoIgbo:

In the list of dirtiest cities in Nigeria

I like that
Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 25, 2015
Enugu is definitely clean...you hardly see beggars too...very cool, unlike 2013 when beggars were every where like sad

4 Likes

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by M4gunners: 9:34am On Sep 25, 2015
But Port Harcourt is also clean o.
Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by 3rdeye1(m): 9:34am On Sep 25, 2015
Where is ilorin Afonja?

1 Like

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 9:35am On Sep 25, 2015
menabadoo:
Where's ibadan?
which Ibadan?

1 Like

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by Adesiji77: 9:36am On Sep 25, 2015
I have always read in the news media that Calabar is the neatest city in Nigeria.

Cc: hardbody
Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by DorisK(f): 9:36am On Sep 25, 2015
Why are a lot of people beefing Enugu? Talking of Abuja, please Apo, Lugbe, Kubwa, Galadima, Lokogoma, Asokoro roundabout, Kuje, Jabi, Lifecamp and Zuba are nothing to write home about. .... The whole area doesn't need to be spotless for the city to be clean. ...... If the sewage disposal is active, there are good roads and substantial parts of the city is tarred and taken care of in the state capital or central area then...... The city is NEAT!

6 Likes

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by IamLEGEND1: 9:37am On Sep 25, 2015
where Bauchi ?
Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by MAYOWAAK: 9:38am On Sep 25, 2015
'If you have not tasted Sallah meat by now, you have to enroll for Character Development Classes. Iwa e o da ladugbo.'(you are a bad neighbour in your neighbourhood).

3 Likes

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 25, 2015
Ilekeh:
Enugu of all places?

The state with garbage at every corner?

TRAVELLERS LAMENT ENUGU DIRTY ENVIRONMENT...
https://www.facebook.com/9jatravel/posts/464251640348760

Enugu Airport Passengers Complain That Enugu Environment is "Too Dirty"
Source: http://www.punchng.com/business/transport/travellers-lament-enugus-dirty-environment/

Enugu still represents one of the finest and cleanest cities in the country. Every city has its own ghetto. Abakpa, Ogui, Coal Camp, Old Park and Obiagu all represent the ghetto in Enugu. These are where you'll mostly find low income earners. You don't expect everyone to be able to afford comfortable accommodation.

6 Likes

Re: Are These The Neatest Cities In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 25, 2015
Enugu, Calabar and Abuja are neat, while Lagos is nothing to write home about. grin

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

USA Or England: Which Is The More Racist Country? / My Visit To The Archeological Museum Of Greece (photos, Video) / Pictures Of Cape Town , South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.