Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,471 members, 7,808,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:38 PM

UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam (4162 Views)

Woman Slaps Man At UBA ATM In Port-Harcourt, Tears His Shirt And Singlet / UBA ATM In Daura, Katsina Overcrowded (Photo) / What Is The Exchange Rate For Payoneer Card ATM Withdrawal Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by gulfer: 10:35am On Sep 25, 2015
The regulators need to do something about these banks, the UBA especially. I gave my wife ATM to withdraw some money she needed and for every N20000, I was getting alert of N20,065. She has made 7 withdrawals now and instead of N140,065 I have been debited with N140,455. This is blatant rip off, though its a small change but I can use it for airtime now.
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by AleAirHub(m): 11:39am On Sep 25, 2015
Please visit there nearest branch and fill in ATM dispute from. And if you waited for 1/3 working days without a response then pickup your phone and call their customer care explain everything on how it happened & also make reference to the branch you submitted your complains too , instant your issues will be taking seriously and the branch you submitted your complains to will be force to resolve the issues urgently base on the fact you have draw the attention of head office into the matter....

1 Like

Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by digitsolution: 1:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
All banks are guilty of this.......
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 25, 2015
gulfer:
The regulators need to do something about these banks, the UBA especially. I gave my wife ATM to withdraw some money she needed and for every N20000, I was getting alert of N20,065. She has made 7 withdrawals now and instead of N140,065 I have been debited with N140,455. This is blatant rip off, though its a small change but I can use it for airtime now.
It's the new rule by CBN that when you withdraw four times outside your bank ATM. You will be charge #65

2 Likes

Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by thegame(m): 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
Apparently, a lot of people are still ignorant of the things going on in their economy. And instead of you to ask for clarification, you will be calling this bank and that bank scam or thieves. Since when has this policy been implemented that you are just calling UBA scam on Nairaland and calling CBN to intervene?

CBN stopped banks from charging #100 per transaction if customer of a particular bank uses other banks and instead said if you use your atm card on another bank's machine, first three times in a month is free, starting from the fourth time, you will be charged #65 per transaction.

You didnt mention your own bank or looked for your own bank atm to use, UBA that saved the day and gave you instant access to cash is now the thief ehn? undecided

Just in case you dont know, if your card gets retracted on other bank's machine, IT SHALL NOT BE RETURNED TO YOU. That's also CBN policy. So dont go using other bank's machine and now come back to Nairaland to say the manager refused to release your card when the machine seized it.

2 Likes

Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by thegame(m): 4:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
Also, kindly note there is a limit to the amount you can withdraw over the counter. This is also CBN policy. You withdraw above the limit over the counter(in cash), youu pay percentage as charges. Kindly ask for clarification before you make that large withdrawal. This will prevent you coming back here to call our regulated banks scam.

Cheers!
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by gulfer: 6:26pm On Sep 25, 2015
fados4sure:

It's the new rule by CBN that when you withdraw four times outside your bank ATM. You will be charge #65
Read and comprehend, my card was debited for all the 7 withdrawals. I hope you now understand
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by gulfer: 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
thegame:
Also, kindly note there is a limit to the amount you can withdraw over the counter. This is also CBN policy. You withdraw above the limit over the counter(in cash), youu pay percentage as charges. Kindly ask for clarification before you make that large withdrawal. This will prevent you coming back here to call our regulated banks scam.

Cheers!
I guess you work for UBA, my complaint here is centred and directed to UBA on how my First Bank Verve card was debited doe all 7 withdrawals.
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by mickoe0102: 7:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
gulfer:
I guess you work for UBA, my complaint here is centred and directed to UBA on how my First Bank Verve card was debited doe all 7 withdrawals.
If u have used d card initially three times dat month before giving ur wife d card then there is nothing wrong with d transaction
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by gulfer: 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
mickoe0102:
If u have used d card initially three times dat month before giving ur wife d card then there is nothing wrong with d transaction
Can you not read and comprehend
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
gulfer:
Read and comprehend, my card was debited for all the 7 withdrawals. I hope you now understand
It's isn't possible... Kindly check your account statement
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by gulfer: 7:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
fados4sure:

It's isn't possible... Kindly check your account statement
I just thought to bring this up here on NL, and am surprised at the naivette being shown by responders. I have forwarded a complaint through first contact to check with UBA why this had to happen.
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by LatestTrend: 7:45pm On Sep 25, 2015
Calm down. Don't give yourself unnecessary HBP. The guy was right.

gulfer:
I just thought to bring this up here on NL, and am surprised at the naivette being shown by responders. I have forwarded a complaint through first contact to check with UBA why this had to happen.
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 25, 2015
gulfer:
Kindly check your statement online if you have internet banking or it could be network error
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by gulfer: 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2015
LatestTrend:
Calm down. Don't give yourself unnecessary HBP. The guy was right.

Keep your sarcasm in your pocket, I have checked my account and it's in line with the alerts received. Why are you swallowing Panadull for UBA's headache na
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by LatestTrend: 8:00pm On Sep 25, 2015
grin grin
gulfer:
Keep your sarcasm in your pocket, I have checked my account and it's in line with the alerts received. Why are you swallowing Panadull for UBA's headache na
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by Josieojeb(f): 8:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
gulfer:
The question you should ask yourself is that have you used your ATM more than three times in another bank this month? If Yes. They have the right to withdrawal #65 per transaction whenever you withdrawal the fourth time from another bank. Try to understand what people are saying. That's the rule and it happens to everyone the withdrawals more than three times from another bank's ATM.
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by gulfer: 8:44pm On Sep 25, 2015
Josieojeb:
The question you should ask yourself is that have you used your ATM more than three times in another bank this month? If Yes. They have the right to withdrawal #65 per transaction whenever you withdrawal the fourth time from another bank. Try to understand what people are saying. That's the rule and it happens to everyone the withdrawals more than three times from another bank's ATM.
Madam, read the question before you give an answer...................N65 was deducted on each one of the withdrawals. angry angry angry
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by Josieojeb(f): 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2015
Of course I read and saw it when am not blind. what am saying is that if when your wife made her first withdrawal was the fourth time you are using your ATM on another bank machine they have the right to remove #65 even if she withdraw100 times. Don't you get? This is simple arithmetic and you are finding it so difficult to understand. That's y I first asked you that have you used the ATM in another bank more than three times in this month?
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by KolaShangOne(m): 9:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
There's nothing wrong with the transaction..She should have looked for a First Bank to make her withdrawals..

Today, I withdrew 100k from a First Bank ATM using my GTB card. For the 5 times I withdrew 20k, I was debited 65naira each. I still have my alerts on my phone..

E dey pain ehn.. Sorry
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by Josieojeb(f): 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
Abi oooo That's what have been Trying to explain to Op that there's nothing wrong with the transaction. And it's Because he's not aware that's y he's complaining and when you see people that are aware and are telling you that's the rule you're getting angry with them.
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by Zuris: 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2015
The 65 naira is per transaction. So if you withdraw 5 times, you will be debited 65*5.
The transaction is perfectly ok.
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by Nobody: 9:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
Josieojeb:

Does this apply to UBA Africard for every withdrawal I make am charged #65 naira and the last time I used that card was last year to make a withdrawal I made two withdrawals only this week and I was charged #65 on each withdrawal and mind you since last year till this week I have not even made up to 3 withdrawals on my UBA Africard......
So make una come explain this one ABEG
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by Nobody: 9:45pm On Sep 25, 2015
KolaShangOne:
There's nothing wrong with the transaction..She should have looked for a First Bank to make her withdrawals..

Today, I withdrew 100k from a First Bank ATM using my GTB card. For the 5 times I withdrew 20k, I was debited 65naira each. I still have my alerts on my phone..

E dey pain ehn.. Sorry

See the CBN rule is if you have withdrawn from another banks ATM a maximum of three times then subsequently on the fourth withdrawal from another banks ATM you will be charged hence forth #65.
In my case I have not even made a withdrawal with my UBA card since last year I made my first withdrawal this week on another banks ATM and was charged for my first withdrawal since last year to WHY is that please explain.
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by KolaShangOne(m): 10:07pm On Sep 25, 2015
udedefaith:

See the CBN rule is if you have withdrawn from another banks ATM a maximum of three times then subsequently on the fourth withdrawal from another banks ATM you will be charged hence forth #65.
In my case I have not even made a withdrawal with my UBA card since last year I made my first withdrawal this week on another banks ATM and was charged for my first withdrawal since last year to WHY is that please explain.

Okay.. You have a genuine complaint then.. You weren't supposed to be charged for the first 3 withdrawals.
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by thegame(m): 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2015
udedefaith:

Hello Faith, sorry about this but I think UBA should have an explanation for this. kindly walk into any UBA branch and check the reason for the deductions. Because it's clearly stated that the first three times on another bank's machine in a month are free. Maybe they will have an explanation for the charges. Plus, UBA may be trying harder to discourage its customers from using other banks' machines but I highly doubt they will go against CBN policy though.

As for you @OP, keep fighting everybody telling you whats going on o, you hear? Dont go and ask your people which bank they've been using your card on. And by the way, aren't you supposed to be the only one in possession of your card?? If someone withdraws money without your permission now, im sure you are coming back here to call banks thieves!!!
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by Nobody: 10:23pm On Sep 25, 2015
KolaShangOne:

Okay.. You have a genuine complaint then.. You weren't supposed to be charged for the first 3 withdrawals.

I was shocked too but I did it on a wenesday evening and the second one on a Thursday evening I have not even done a third one I was charged on both,I will visit their branch by Monday to find out why.Thanks though
But that UBA Africard is a reap off imagine I have to pay #1208 for a #10,000 naira transaction when I called their CC the said its the fee charged (11%)
So if I do a transaction of 1million I will pay a transaction fee of #110,000 Plus
mehn UBA is Absurd.
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by arbitrage: 12:19am On Sep 26, 2015
gulfer:
Madam, read the question before you give an answer...................N65 was deducted on each one of the withdrawals. angry angry angry

Is your wife's 7 withdrawals in UBA ATM really the first time your card was used this month in a non-First Bank ATM? This is because your explanation did not show whether you have used the card at all this month on an ATM that is not for First Bank prior to your wife's 7 withdrawals. That could be the reason why your wife's 7 withdrawals are outside the 3 usually free withdrawals granted by CBN policy. The other guy (udedefaith) with only 2 card withdrawals this year/month that were charged each is rather strange and inconsistent with CBN policy. Even if the card were to be a debit card (and not the usual prepaid it is) linked to the same bank account as his regular debit card, the CBN policy is tied to each card usage and not the account they are linked to plus the fact that UBA Africard is a prepaid card linked to a separate "virtual" account. He ought not to be charged N65 until after his third withdrawals in the month.
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by Sankabson(m): 6:00am On Sep 26, 2015
Op is an Alagidi Man! grin grin grin. He will carry soldier enter the bank now.

Between, Maybe na Yankee OP dey since sha O.

Sorry....
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by KolaShangOne(m): 7:16am On Sep 26, 2015
udedefaith:

I was shocked too but I did it on a wenesday evening and the second one on a Thursday evening I have not even done a third one I was charged on both,I will visit their branch by Monday to find out why.Thanks though
But that UBA Africard is a reap off imagine I have to pay #1208 for a #10,000 naira transaction when I called their CC the said its the fee charged (11%)
So if I do a transaction of 1million I will pay a transaction fee of #110,000 Plus
mehn UBA is Absurd.

These kind of charges will discourage cashless policy. How can they charge 11% on one transaction? My bank charges just about 1.1% or so per transaction and some transactions even have a fixes low rate.
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 26, 2015
arbitrage:

Is your wife's 7 withdrawals in UBA ATM really the first time your card was used this month in a non-First Bank ATM? This is because your explanation did not show whether you have used the card at all this month on an ATM that is not for First Bank prior to your wife's 7 withdrawals. That could be the reason why your wife's 7 withdrawals are outside the 3 usually free withdrawals granted by CBN policy. The other guy (udedefaith) with only 2 card withdrawals this year/month that were charged each is rather strange and inconsistent with CBN policy. Even if the card were to be a debit card (and not the usual prepaid it is) linked to the same bank account as his regular debit card, the CBN policy is tied to each card usage and not the account they are linked to plus the fact that UBA Africard is a prepaid card linked to a separate "virtual" account. He ought not to be charged N65 until after his third withdrawals in the month.

THANK YOU AT Arbitrage
why i use this card is cause i can deposite as well as recieve withdrawals into the card but their fees on deposite is absured imagine 11% fees on any deposite
next i deposited to a foreign site i was charged at #222 plus the 11% fees all amount to #230 per dollars and when i withdrew i was credited at #193 to a dollar
Also i have not used that card to withdraw since last year on my first withdrawal this week wenesday i was charged #65 up till today i have not even done up to 3 withdrawals with that card since last year.
PLEASE IS THERE ANY BANK CARD (VISA CARD) THAT I CAN USE TO DEPOSITE AND WITHDRAW INTO THAT HAVE GOOD RATE NOT THIS REAP OFF CALLED AFRICARD BY UBA
Re: UBA-ATM Withdrawal Scam by Babs612000(m): 8:16pm On Sep 26, 2015
KolaShangOne:

These kind of charges will discourage cashless policy. How can they charge 11% on one transaction? My bank charges just about 1.1% or so per transaction and some transactions even have a fixes low rate.

Surprised to hear this Nigeria banks are shit corrupt as are leaders.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3 Nigeria's Most Trusted Websites To Buy And Sell Bitcoin, Perfectmoney & Others / LIST Of Failed Smes In NIGERIA / Become A Profitable Forex Trader With 8 To 4 Job.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.