Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,536 members, 7,801,499 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:05 PM

Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m (22550 Views)

Total Blackout As Power Generation Falls To 0 MW / Daily Fuel Subsidy Drops To N1.07 Billion / Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Drops To N1.07 Billion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by ifyan(m): 1:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
By Roseline Okere

The Federal Government’s daily spending on petrol subsidy has declined from the N1.07 billion it recorded as at September 8, to N889.44 million as at September 22.

Besides, the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), western countries and leading developing nations are spending up to $200 billion yearly in subsidising fossil fuels, which OECD considered as being on the high side.

The country’s daily payment on fuel subsidy has continued to be on the decline since June this year, dropping from N2.4 billion to N1.07 billion two weeks ago.

Specifically, at the exchange rate of N197 to a dollar, the country’s daily subsidy per litre of fuel has decreased from the N22.42 per litre it earlier recorded to N18.53 per litre.

Based on daily petrol consumption of 48 million litres, the total subsidy cost on the product as of September 22, would amount to N889.44 million at N18.53 per litre.

The Petroleum Products Pricing Regulatory Agency (PPPRA), which made this disclosure yesterday in its pricing template, put the expected open market price of the product at N105.53.

The landing cost of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS), otherwise known as petrol, has also dropped from N93.93 to N90.04, while the Expected Open Market Price declined from N109.42 to N105.53 per litre.

According to a new OECD report, released on Monday, government support for subsidising fuel is hampering global efforts to curb emissions and combat climate change.

According to the OECD, coal, natural gas and petroleum received yearly subsidies of $160 billion to $200 billion from 2010 to 2014 in the 34 OECD countries and six emerging economies.

The Paris-based think-tank said its 34 members plus six of the biggest emerging economies – China, India, Brazil, Indonesia, Russia and South Africa , were spending money supporting the consumption and production of coal, oil and gas that should be used to tackle climate change.

OECD Secretary-General, Angel Gurría, stated in the report: “The time is ripe for countries to demonstrate they are serious about combating climate change, and reforming harmful fossil fuel support is a good place to start.

Source:http://www.nairausd.com/2015/09/nigerias-daily-fuel-subsidy-falls-to.html?m=1

Twitter @nairausd

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by ifyan(m): 1:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
Is this a welcome development.

House deliberate on it

8 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by zurine(f): 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
expecting reduction on pump price soon

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by psquaret: 1:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
i know say one day baba go make us proud. and our children children will have a better Nigeria. i feel at peace that i am part of the new movement that want change for my dear country afterall Nigeria is all we have. lets come together and build our country.

75 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by ifyan(m): 1:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
psquaret:
cool

Hmmmmm
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by GudluckIBB(m): 1:56pm On Sep 25, 2015
So what happened?
Half of Nigerians died or they sold their cars?

Meanwhile the previous Govt wanted to even increase fuel sometime ago before they were defeated at the polls.

God bless Buhari

88 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by ifyan(m): 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2015
GudluckIBB:
So what happened?

Meanwhile the previous Govt wanted to even increase fuel sometime ago before they were defeated at the polls.

God bless Buhari

It a welcome development.

Please don't poltisize this topic

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by tuniski: 2:02pm On Sep 25, 2015
GudluckIBB:
So what happened?

God bless Buhari
I am amused are they still paying subsidy? I thought they said there was no subsidy anyway, let them continue to deceive themselves. The last govt wanted to remove subsidy but, elements of the cabal protested using gullible nigerians. Now the yeye Scammers calling themselves change agents are feeding same gullible nigerians with more propaganda while the economy worsens!

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by ifyan(m): 2:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
Fp
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 2:07pm On Sep 25, 2015
Seen

BTW, check my signature
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Aufbauh(m): 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
"What you see depends mainly on what you are looking for" - Mike Murdock
To the decerning eyes, Nigeria is on a path to greatness.
Even though the process of reforming may not be convenient with our immediate needs in the short run, it shall surely impact positively on Nigerians especially the common man in the long run.
Looking at the differential in the subsidy payment between the past years and months you'll understand why the bigwigs in the society has fought tooth & nail to dissuade us from tolling the right path, because they thrive in lawlessness and corrupt practices.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by mayorchelsea(m): 2:11pm On Sep 25, 2015
tuniski:
I am amused are they still paying subsidy? I thought they said there was no subsidy anyway, let them continue to deceive themselves. The last govt wanted to remove subsidy but, elements of the cabal protested using gullible nigerians. Now the yeye Scammers calling themselves change agents are feeding same gullible nigerians with more propaganda while the economy worsens!
So the last government should have removed subsidy with our refineries in the state they were then?knowing fully well the way our economy works that an increase in pump price of fuel leads to increased prices of items and the poor feel it most

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Dannyset(m): 2:12pm On Sep 25, 2015
Better days ahead!

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by tuniski: 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2015
mayorchelsea:
So the last government should have removed subsidy with our refineries in the state they were then?knowing fully well the way our economy works that an pump price of fuel leads to increased prices of items and the poor feel it most
yes they should havee removed it. That was the biggest sin of GEJ not removing it. Small time same nigerians who protested started shouting Corruption when the monumental waste was exposed. For as long as u hear subsidy in petroleum sector just know we are still deceiving ourselves. Come 2017 Dangote refinery will commence production cos the previous govt encourage that. Our refinery working at 100% can't meet 20% of our needs they were not built to meet today's demand of about 200m citizens.
By the way, have u ever asked what d price of our own products from the refineries are? Or are those little output in anyway cheaper?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by suxkill: 2:23pm On Sep 25, 2015
APC, school of propaganda!!! am still waiting for Buhari body odor to remove the fuel subsidy he once told us, it's a scam.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by mayorchelsea(m): 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2015
tuniski:
yes they should havee removed it. That was the biggest sin of GEJ not removing it. Small time same nigerians who protested started shouting Corruption when the monumental waste was exposed. For as long as u hear subsidy in petroleum sector just know we are still deceiving ourselves. Come 2017 Dangote refinery will commence production cos the previous govt encourage that. Our refinery working at 100% can't meet 20% of our needs they were not built to meet today's demand of about 200m citizens.
By the way, have u ever asked what d price of our own products from the refineries are? Or are those little output in anyway cheaper?
I get your point but what positives can we say we derived from the partial removal of subsidy in the last administration? Were we not told the funds would be used to provide roads?jobs? improved security and education? did any of those plans see the light of the day?Personally, I'm scared of the ripple effect it's going to have on the masses in terms of prices of food items and cost of living without a corresponding increase in income

15 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by ifyan(m): 2:57pm On Sep 25, 2015
suxkill:
APC, school of propaganda!!! am still waiting for Buhari body odor to remove the fuel subsidy he once told us, it's a scam.

Did you know that you wicked

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by ifyan(m): 2:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
Dannyset:
Better days ahead!

All what we pray for
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by tuniski: 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
mayorchelsea:
I get your point but what positives can we say we derived from the partial removal of subsidy in the last administration? Were we not told the funds would be used to provide roads?jobs? improved security and education? did any of those plans see the light of the day?Personally, I'm scared of the ripple effect it's going to have on the masses in terms of prices of food items and cost of living without a corresponding increase in income
. The current state of affairs of our nation is largely due to subsidy! In fact, the death of taxation cos of petroleum is the opium the masses are on for this spate of indifference to governance! I bet u, let the subsidy go and let the effects come full force, we will adjust high cost in itself is not the problem purchasing power is! However, with the burden completely transfered to citizens we can now be awaken from our slumber and engage those in govt. The large scale corruption will then be checked cos I can't be paying thru sweat and one person just sit down and embezzle, mismanage and misappropriate such resources. No one will mobilize citizens for protest the burden will!!! Subsidy must go and now!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by laurel03(m): 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2015
GudluckIBB:
So what happened?

God bless Buhari
God Bless Baba

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 25, 2015
mayorchelsea:
Pertinenr questions that remain unaswered. There was partial subsidy. Where did the money saved go?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2015
So?
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Mopolchi: 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2015
We go dey pay am small small until e finish so that this cabals go leave us and make our refineries start to work.
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by damton(m): 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
Stale. infact we want it reduced to nothing let the sector be deregulated and opened for market competition

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by okooloyun1(m): 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
Ok
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Spikkylee: 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2015
Sai Baba

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by arsetalks(m): 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
Screw wailers.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by kennosklint(m): 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
Nor of my bizness
Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by Icecomrade: 3:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
Subsidy is only a scam.
There is nothing like subsidy. What are they subsidizing.

Government after government come on board steal government funds and colour it PAYMENT for SUBSIDY

Obasanjo stole our money and coloured it Fuel subsidy payment

Yardua stole our money and coloured it Fuel subsidy payment
Jonathan stole our money and coloured it Fuel subsidy payment.

Buhari is already stealing and colouring it Fuel subsidy payment

Bunch of corrupt leaders and fuel subsidy scam.
God wil punish all of u. A-Z

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Daily Fuel Subsidy Falls To N889.44m by LordMecuzy(m): 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2015
Thanks Buhari by the end of next year I want to see zero subsidy payment...

With steady electricity and Refineries working at full capacity, that will surely become the end of the scam called subsidy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sambo Dasuki Transferred To EFCC Custody / Gbajabiamila Was Convicted For Stealing $25,000 - Lere Olayinka / Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.