Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,439 members, 7,808,572 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! (1633 Views)

Whatsapp Group For Illustrators, Concept Artist And Comic Artist / HELP! Is There Any COMIC ARTIST In Ibadan? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by Polarbite(m): 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2015
Gud day nairalanders.I've been drawing ever since i was a kid(drawing na my life!) and...abeg let me go straight to the point jare! I want to become a comic artist but it seems a bit difficult.i want to be able to draw whatever i imagine and bring it to reality without using any reference book to do that.So if u know of any book or any online tutorial(omo ajepako ni mi o,just make sure the book or the online tutorial no cost too much mb sha?) and anything you know that could be of help to becoming a comic artist.Abeg i no fit sleep again o,it's killing me o...
Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by rotlan(m): 1:32pm On Sep 26, 2015
"Omo Ajepako"..lol..anyways, I think you should be ready to invest a lot (mb/money) if you want to know more about comics. but most importantly, you must have real passion for it 'cus comic publishing comes with its own challenges just like any other venture.the question you should ask yourself is..1, what role are you going to play in the comic publication process which include the story development, penciling, inking, digital coloring, editing, cover art design etc...2, your target market and how you intend reaching out to them..3, the comic industry in Nigeria is geting attention now with the springing up of great comic books like, strikeguard, june12, newage etc...what are you going to be introducing that can make yours stand out..4, funding..how do you intend to fund your publications even without advert or branding from coporate bodies...5..what platform are you going to be pushing your comics om..print, online or both...etc...anyways, I promised to send you a pdf tutorial on drawing comic characters, I will do that as soon as I get home. I have your email....choii..see epistle....below is a picture of Roye okupe's EXO..i snapped that page for you to have an idea of some of professionals involved in the comic publication process...beautiful thing is, it's not a must you can draw...you can simply be a good story writter and you get people to draw illustrate for you. Comic industry is goin to be big in Nigeria in the next two years..tap into it bro..all the best.
Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by rotlan(m): 1:39pm On Sep 26, 2015
E.X.O

Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by rotlan(m): 2:15pm On Sep 26, 2015
This quality of print is the best I have seen in Nigeria

Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by rotlan(m): 2:17pm On Sep 26, 2015
Glossy feel

Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by rotlan(m): 2:23pm On Sep 26, 2015
Here is another one from peter daniel...NewBorn...This got an African traditional theme to it..love it...I must really commend roye okupe(EXO) and peter Daniel(Newborn)...not forgetting my oga..Ayodele Elegba...Comics taking over..

Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by rotlan(m): 2:25pm On Sep 26, 2015
Newborn...by the way...I have sent you the comic tutorials and manuals

Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by Polarbite(m): 2:53pm On Sep 26, 2015
rotlan:
"Omo Ajepako"..lol..anyways, I think you should be ready to invest a lot (mb/money) if you want to know more about comics. but most importantly, you must have real passion for it 'cus comic publishing comes with its own challenges just like any other venture.the question you should ask yourself is..1, what role are you going to play in the comic publication process which include the story development, penciling, inking, digital coloring, editing, cover art design etc...2, your target market and how you intend reaching out to them..3, the comic industry in Nigeria is geting attention now with the springing up of great comic books like, strikeguard, june12, newage etc...what are you going to be introducing that can make yours stand out..4, funding..how do you intend to fund your publications even without advert or branding from coporate bodies...5..what platform are you going to be pushing your comics om..print, online or both...etc...anyways, I promised to send you a pdf tutorial on drawing comic characters, I will do that as soon as I get home. I have your email....choii..see epistle....below is a picture of Roye okupe's EXO..i snapped that page for you to have an idea of some of professionals involved in the comic publication process...beautiful thing is, it's not a must you can draw...you can simply be a good story writter and you get people to draw illustrate for you. Comic industry is goin to be big in Nigeria in the next two years..tap into it bro..all the best.
thx 4 d advis bro,i really appreciate.Yea,u right comic buz is rising like termite hill! And i really want to be among them,i know e no easy but #godgowin(alert!!! I got alot of story...but bro,i also wanna draw my heroes! Lol
Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by Polarbite(m): 2:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
rotlan:
ah! Oga miiiii! I dey prostrate ooo! God go bless ur papa and mama and ya unborn kids and ya future wife.bro u no go lack! Dis is really important 2 me.thanks a million! I will check my inbox now!
Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by Polarbite(m): 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2015
rotlan:
This quality of print is the best I have seen in Nigeria
it was 4rm ur post dat i saw dis EXO and i fell inlove wit d story line,but i've never seen it b4 o
Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by Polarbite(m): 3:01pm On Sep 26, 2015
Rotlan,are u a comic artist or u are in d path 2? Anywhich way i'd like us to get to know eachoda.pls give me ur facebook mame or ur numb(i no get credit 2 call 4 a longer period sha #ajepakogomakeamsoon
Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by Polarbite(m): 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2015
rotlan:
bro,i avn't seen it on my fone yet,bt let me check d cafe
Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by rotlan(m): 3:59pm On Sep 26, 2015
Polarbite:
it was 4rm ur post dat i saw dis EXO and i fell inlove wit d story line,but i've never seen it b4 o
Lol...you fell in love with the storyline when you never even read the book before..[size=8pt][/size]
Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by Polarbite(m): 8:05pm On Sep 26, 2015
rotlan:

Lol...you fell in love with the storyline when you never even read the book before..[size=8pt][/size]
i read about story EXO online and d author.i even watch d trailer vid on youtube.deir battle remyded me of zuko and azula.
Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by rotlan(m): 8:14pm On Sep 26, 2015
Polarbite:
i read about story EXO online and d author.i even watch d trailer vid on youtube.deir battle remyded me of zuko and azula.
oh ok
Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by Polarbite(m): 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2015
Rotlan,i still avn't seen ur mail o!
Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by rotlan(m): 10:43pm On Sep 26, 2015
Polarbite:
Rotlan,i still avn't seen ur mail o!
Isn't your email..ayodeji-adesua@yahoo.com
Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by Polarbite(m): 3:13pm On Sep 27, 2015
rotlan:
Isn't your email..ayodeji-adesua@yahoo.com
oooh,u missed d sign! It isn't (-),it is(_).ayodeji_adesua@yahoo.com
Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by rotlan(m): 9:28am On Sep 28, 2015
Ohh ok..noted...
Re: How To Be Comic Artist,help ME O! by Polarbite(m): 11:48am On Oct 02, 2015
Ok.bro

(1) (Reply)

What Computer Software Program Is Used In Creating This. PLEASE! / 5-day 3D Printing Workshop / Animated Video Producers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.