Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,487 members, 7,808,798 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? (18727 Views)

What Are The Things You Will Like Your Church To Change? / Is It Right For A Church To Be Located In An Hotel Premises? / Stephanie Otobo's Mother & Sister At Apostle Suleman's Church To Beg (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 25, 2015
I have the privilege of being a Youth executive in my Church. And since I enamour football, I have been thinking of initiating and establishing a football group, were we can train and organise friendly matches with other Churches as well.

But I feel skeptical about this innovation because it is unbiblical. Thus, it may be unacceptable to God.

So I am don't know if it is really right to proceed with the idea.

Please I need your advise. Your contributions will be well appreciated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by shamack: 3:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
Am not a Christian tho,,,,,but I think there is nothing bad in doing that,,,,,even if they have units for all other sports,,

Sports helps in all way of life,,,same way the scripture does

12 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 25, 2015
shamack:
Am not a Christian tho,,,,,but I think there is nothing bad in doing that,,,,,even if they have units for all other sports,,

Sports helps in all way of life,,,same way the scripture does

thank you sir.

Rogers that
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 25, 2015
please,.more contributions from christians
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by just4now(m): 6:00pm On Sep 25, 2015
l plead with you in the name of the Lord to jettison your idea it is inspiration from hell. l used to love football until one day the Lord showed me how deep He detests football in the church or church getting involved. In addition He frown at TV stations own by churches from showing it. He said worldly news casting in these stations also infuriate Him. Please always ask Holy Spirit before you introduce anything to the church.

Shalom.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by God2man(m): 6:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
If we say Football is demonic, we may be right, we may be wrong, but what else do you want the youth to do especially if they have the talent of playing football.

Would you allow the talent to waste away?

Play soccer or be addicted to crime. Which one is better. Think about it.

I may not have answer to your questions.

Any youth that want to play football should prayerfully seek the face of God for direction.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2015
just4now:
l plead with you in the name of the Lord to jettison your idea it is inspiration from hell. l used to love football until one day the Lord showed me how deep He detests football in the church or church getting involved. In addition He frown at TV stations own by churches from showing it. He said worldly news casting in these stations also infuriate Him. Please always ask Holy Spirit before you introduce anything to the church.

Shalom.
Na only you dey receive signals from heaven?
The Lord showed you
He detests football
He frowns at TV stations
He also gets infuriated

Guy you try.

Your god sounds more like a man.

132 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by just4now(m): 7:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
Pyrrho:
Na only you dey receive signals from heaven?
The Lord showed you
He detests football
He frowns at TV stations
He also gets infuriated

Guy you try.

Your god sounds more like a man.

Word is enough for the wise. I'm not surprised Christians of nowadays rejects leading of God. Keep it up.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by frank317: 12:57am On Sep 26, 2015
just4now:

Shalom.

This ur God sabi vexoo. Is he a baby? Whining at everything. What's his job self? Tell him to relax... Its just football. How take affect am.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by MeandSum: 7:19am On Sep 26, 2015
just4now:

Shalom.

How did the lord tell or showed you his distaste for football? Doesn't your holy spirit tell you bearing false witness is a sin?
I want to know what really drives lies like yours. What do you gain from pulling the holy spirit out of your yansh?

29 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Heavenly102: 1:33am On Sep 27, 2015
The youth are supposed to engage in sport for many obvious reasons: 1.good for physical health
2.can be a good bonding tool for your church members
3.talents can be spotted and the Yaya Toure's of the future can be birthed.

Some people just hate on everything that is vogue don't listen to these nutjobs their understanding of scripture is primitive. Let people play and get active.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by permsec: 6:59am On Sep 27, 2015
It is just football nothing more. A game that knows no language,religion,tribe and also enjoyed by the majority.

If we all can always be in peace and unity during football matches, dont you think our God will like it?

A goal is a goal in any language.

14 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Nobody: 7:15am On Sep 27, 2015
This is what hppens when the church leaves its calling and duty to go meddle in affairs that doesn't relate to it.

What has sport got to do with the work of Christ?

I'll advice you to gather those youths nd use them to preach the word of God instead of kicking some football and making it look like you're doing God's work. Face the duty given to you as a christian which football is not part of. Sports in church is distraction. Don't bring the world into the church. Play your football outside while you face the work of God inside.

This is exactly what happens when christianity becomes dumb-down. Christiansno longer have tasks cos their pastors only require money from them. How many of you would be thinking of hosting football games as a christian hd it been you existed in the time Roman soldiers where persecuting christians nd killing them? Now that christianity has become soft and more worldly with people seeing it as fun all because pastors don't give difficult tasks like going to preach in the Northeast, you now want to start enjoying more by playing football in church. Someone even said it's just football and nothing more...it helpd build the talent of youths in the church. Why don't we bring in modelling and break dancing also?

If you know the task Yahshua christ gve christians nd how far behind they are, you won't even be thinking about sleeping talkless of playing football even outside the church as a true christian.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 27, 2015
juicee1:
This is what hppens when the church leaves its calling and duty to go meddle in affairs that doesn't relate to it.

What has sport got to do with the work of Christ?

I'll advice you to gather those youths nd use them to preach the word of God instead of kicking some football and making it look like you're doing God's work. Face the duty given to you as a christian which football is not part of. Sports in church is distraction. Don't bring the world into the church. Play your football outside while you face the work of God inside.

This is exactly what happens when christianity becomes dumb-down. Christiansno longer have tasks cos their pastors only require money from them. How many of you would be thinking of hosting football games as a christian hd it been you existed in the time Roman soldiers where persecuting christians nd killing them? Now that christianity has become soft and more worldly with people seeing it as fun all because pastors don't give difficult tasks like going to preach in the Northeast, you now want to start enjoying more by playing football in church. Someone even said it's just football and nothing more...it helpd build the talent of youths in the church. Why don't we bring in modelling and break dancing also?

If you know the task Yahshua christ gve christians nd how far behind they are, you won't even be thinking about sleeping talkless of playing football even outside the church as a true christian.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 27, 2015
permsec:
It is just football nothing more. A game that knows no language,religion,tribe and also enjoyed by the majority.

If we all can always be in peace and unity during football matches, dont you think our God will like it?

A goal is a goal in any language.
hmm. but there are 'peaceful' things that God abhors also. E.g premarital sex.

sex is peaceful and it is in 'any language', but yet God still detest it

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Nobody: 7:36am On Sep 27, 2015
Heavenly102:
The youth are supposed to engage in sport for many obvious reasons: 1.good for physical health
2.can be a good bonding tool for your church members
3.talents can be spotted and the Yaya Toure's of the future can be birthed.

Some people just hate on everything that is vogue don't listen to these nutjobs their understanding of scripture is primitive. Let people play and get active.

fascinating

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Demmzy15(m): 10:21am On Sep 27, 2015
Why not? Some have cheerleaders unit! grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by okooloyun1(m): 10:21am On Sep 27, 2015
Football unit or sport unit

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by ajoskele(m): 10:22am On Sep 27, 2015
Pretence and "holier-than-thou" attitude of most churchgoers..
Op doesn't really understand the essence and dynamics of football and sports.
Mountain Of Fire Ministries(MFM) won the world church football competition in faraway Asia. Where did those other teams they beat came from? We are now holier than even the whites that introduced christianity to us. Now MFM has been promoted to the NPFL.
A team parades nothing less than 23 players. Do you know 23 families' lives would be upgraded?
Engage your pastor. Tell him the Youth needs a sports unit. Organise matches, friendlies and competitions. Convince the wealthy and the rich in your church to sponsor you. You might not know you are even fulflling God's plan for your life. You may be the stepping stone for that talent with no sponsor, money and exposure.
It's not a sin, sir!!

58 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by obaival(m): 10:22am On Sep 27, 2015
Yes sports s gud 4 life i dnt c anytin bad abt dat

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by freesinzu(m): 10:23am On Sep 27, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by ShakurM(m): 10:23am On Sep 27, 2015
Your body is a temple! It's damn right

U stand up, you sit, you no stand, you no sit Na everything be sin! angry

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by alphaconde(m): 10:24am On Sep 27, 2015
As long as they don't call themselves RED DEVILS

13 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by LMAyedun(m): 10:25am On Sep 27, 2015
T. B Joshua make prophecies on the outcome of Football matches..

Lemme read comments and learn sha.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by damton(m): 10:25am On Sep 27, 2015
ofcourse. in as much as we are concerned about spiritual growth and fitness, it is important to also make efforts for physical growth and fitness.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by lonelydora: 10:25am On Sep 27, 2015
All works and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Sunnycliff(m): 10:25am On Sep 27, 2015
Join me in celebrating God for adding an extra year to me. Today is my birthday. Am happily +1. Guess what about so many years ago, on a Sunday like this day , I came into this world against the will of the Devil. And alas I have been a growing Champion

I don't think its right cos no football club would have a Church in its team or as a unit. Take the world away from the Church

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by osazeeblue01: 10:25am On Sep 27, 2015
There is nothing bad in having football unit in church BUT they should use it in the glory of God NOT other way round.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by luvinhubby(m): 10:25am On Sep 27, 2015
Churches already have football units, so it is not wrong, if not churches like TREM, MFM & RCCG will not have football teams.

6 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Jarchi(m): 10:26am On Sep 27, 2015
No wonder the church is boring
Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Leon2036(m): 10:26am On Sep 27, 2015
just4now:

Shalom.
nah people like una dey give Christianity Bad name, so for the youths to engage in sport now is unbiblical? abeg if u don't know what to say just pass.

11 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? by Sunnycliff(m): 10:26am On Sep 27, 2015
Join me in celebrating God for adding an extra year to me. Today is my birthday. Am happily +1. Guess what about so many years ago, on a Sunday like this day , I came into this world against the will of the Devil. And alas I have been a growing Champion.

I don't think its right cos no football club would have a Church in its team or as a unit. Take the world away from the Church

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

APPARITION: The Blessed Mother Of God Appeared In Kaduna Today! / Miracles, Faith Healing & Prophecies - Tools For Exploiting Gullible Christians / Thank God! Finally I Don Port! From Atheism To Jesus! Update* Conversion Story.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.