Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid (5830 Views)

New Release: Travis Greene Fell In Love Mp3 Download / A Finnish Singer That's In Love With Nigeria And Afro Beat. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 5:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
Oh my goodness...Ojuelegba (I think I spelled it correctly!) has been on replay since last night. I have heard about WizKid in the past from Nigerians that live in Lagos and the surrounding areas that I would Tango and Skype with occassionally, but I have never really listened to his music. Well, let me tell you, a change has occurred. I was reintroduced to this amazing talent by visiting his Instagram page last night when he popped up on my feed. He posted a video of Alicia Keys dancing to the song that I mentioned above. I was instantly hypnotized to the beat and the words. All of this to say that I downloaded this song and one other and they both have been on constant replay. Even though I have absolutely no idea what he is saying in more than half the song, it didn't matter. Good music has a way of breaking down any language barriers. The hip swaying is universal! I felt an instant connection back to the Motherland as soon as I heard the music flow through my ears. All I could do was close my eyes, marinate in the sounds, and let it take over my body. I wish more Black Americans can hear this. Most would probably think it is garbage. Some will think and feel just the way that I did. However, after research for the lyrics and finding out their meanings, I know that many black Americans can relate to his story. I am one of them. A story of a young, black individual coming from nothing to having it all is an amazing testimony in both , my world and WizKid's world. Everyone who rides in my car from this point on will be introduced to WizKid! Let the hip swaying commence!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by ifex370(m): 5:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
what da undecided
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by osesology(m): 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
Wow! Good music really has a way of crossing borders. Kudos to Wizkid, let the hype continue

2 Likes

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by osesology(m): 5:42pm On Sep 25, 2015
Wow! Good music really has a way of crossing borders. Kudos to Wizkid, let the hype continue
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by BTT(m): 5:44pm On Sep 25, 2015
Beautiful...

I just downloaded that song.

Don't take my word for it, Wizkid sang a lot of trash themed songs about girls, 'bumbum' and ish, but this song is dope.

Have you also listened to the version featuring Drake? Good piece, I tell you.

1 Like

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by Tonykings: 6:01pm On Sep 25, 2015
Then how did Mrs white discovered Nairaland? And what are you doing here? Or all those jargon are just online promo ?
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
ifex370:
what da undecided
Look him up. You won't be disappointed.
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 6:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
BTT:
Beautiful...

I just downloaded that song.

Don't take my word for it, Wizkid sang a lot of trash themed songs about girls, 'bumbum' and ish, but this song is dope.

Have you also listened to the version featuring Drake? Good piece, I tell you.

I previewed some of his other music on YouTube. I didn't get to download any of them though. Well, he is indeed a man so we could expect some 'bumbum' songs. cheesy I have listened to the remix. However, since Drake is ALWAYS listened to here and the remix is amazing, I prefer his original.

1 Like

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 6:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
Tonykings:
Then how did Mrs white discovered Nairaland? And what are you doing here? Or all those jargon are just online promo ?
Why are you into your feelings? I'm here because: 1) I can be. Whose going to stop me? 2) I am black and can relate by simply being black. 3)There are so many amazing people here, to exclude you. 4) I plan to research and ask questions to the natives instead of listening to lies and rumors, something that you should do. Last time that I looked into the mirror, my skin is as dark as yours, sir. Your ignorance is what makes you an exact reflection of your brothers and sisters in diaspora. It is this ignorance that, sometimes, keep black Americans from visiting the country because we fear prejudices as this. You are no different from the whites in Amerca with your thinking. But then again, I wouldn't know what color your skin is because there isn't a legit profile picture. You could be oyinbo. It isn't jargon. It is proper English. I wish that I was getting paid by WizKid for this, instead of the free publicity, but that isn't my goal. I have an amazing career already and am comfortable. If I was his online PR, trust me, he would be VERY big and do VERY well in America. You should hold your head high and be PROUD that a sister is recognizing great talent from a part of the world that is too many times forgotten about. By the way, I am immersed in living in poverty, Yoruba, pig english, your terms for calling black in America 'white', eating pepper soup, GEB, etc, so I'm not dumb or blinded. Have a good day, or shall I say night, since that is what it is on your side of the world?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2015
osesology:
Yes! I am enjoying it.
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by ifex370(m): 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2015
morethanadoll:

Look him up. You won't be disappointed.

Am in Nigeria... I dislike wizkid cos bus drivers play it a lot

I'm not really into secular music tho
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by 2dice(m): 6:21pm On Sep 25, 2015
Google
BurnaBoy
Wandecoal
Banky-W
2face
Blackmagic
After you are through listening to these Guys i will be expecting your replies

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 6:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
ifex370:

Am in Nigeria... I dislike wizkid cos bus drivers play it a lot

I'm not really into secular music tho

Ahhhh... understandable. He is all so new to my ears!
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by ifex370(m): 6:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
morethanadoll:

Ahhhh... understandable. He is all so new to my ears!

he's been booming for well over 5 years here in Nigeria

whats your Skype's moniker?

1 Like

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by Halimi24: 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2015
morethanadoll:

I previewed some of his other music on YouTube. I didn't get to download any of them though. Well, he is indeed a man so we could expect some 'bumbum' songs. cheesy I have listened to the remix. However, since Drake is ALWAYS listened to here and the remix is amazing, I prefer his original.
Drake is a mulatto jew _bastard
I hate him

I hate wizkid and I hate
Black americans too

Don't bother quoting me cos
I won't reply

2 Likes

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 6:45pm On Sep 25, 2015
ifex370:

he's been booming for well over 5 years here in Nigeria

whats your Skype's moniker?
I use Tango more. morethanadoll
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 6:50pm On Sep 25, 2015
Halimi24:

Drake is a mulatto _bastard
I hate him

I hate wizkid and I hate
Black americans too

Don't bother quoting me cos
I won't reply
You don't have to reply, but I will quote you. I KNEW THAT IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THE RACIST NIGERIANS CAME ABOUT! So, because you are genetically "full" black, makes anyone who is mixed with black inferior to you? Well, let me tell you something, honey, anything mixed with black is black, if you didnt receive that memo. Drake would be called a n*gger the same as you would. The crazy part is is that you hate people of your own skin color. Sad, sad mental cases. No matter how you put it, Drake is black. WizKid is talented. They both are black and rich. Awww, why do you hate me, sister? Is it because I am attractive and could take your man on any day if I wanted him? Post a picture of yourself if you are attractive. Let everyone else be the judge. You hate me because I live in America Sounds like someone is bitter because she was denied a visa and a green card. Lol You need some help mentally.

4 Likes

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by ifex370(m): 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
morethanadoll:
I use Tango more. morethanadoll

Morethanadoll...

people de shaaa grin

1 Like

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 6:59pm On Sep 25, 2015
ifex370:

Morethanadoll...

people de shaaa grin

Haha come on. You know that you can download it. It actually works better than Skype.
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by Nobody: 7:00pm On Sep 25, 2015
You wouldn't really understand that song until you visit that place called Ojuelegba and adjoining ghettos like Shitta. Then you will understand the deep rooted feeling he is trying to express in the song.

2 Likes

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 7:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
Brandnew2:
You wouldn't really understand that song until you visit that place called Ojuelegba and adjoining ghettos like Shitta. Then you will understand the deep rooted feeling he is trying to express in the song.
I agree with what you are stating. I don't know what it is like to live in those exact locations that he was mentioning, but I know how it is, first hand, to grow up in a ghetto in America. I am positive of experiences that sets the poor apart from the middle class and upper class here because I was that little girl, who went without food, who didn't have electricity, who didn't have running water, who wore handed down clothes, etc. I'm not trying to take away from where he is from or the way of life. All that I am stating is that a ghetto is still a ghetto, no matter where you are from. They all may not look the same, but when an entire community is living below the poverty line, there is a comparison to me. wink
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 7:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
2dice:
Google
BurnaBoy
Wandecoal
Banky-W
2face
Blackmagic
After you are through listening to these Guys i will be expecting your replies
I will do that! If I love it, you can expect posts about them as well!
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by ifex370(m): 7:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
morethanadoll:

Haha come on. You know that you can download it. It actually works better than Skype.

i know... Skype kinda sucks lately... have you tried Viber... it has the best n clearest online call feature I've seen...ok,, heard...

I'll try your tango before going to bed today sha
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 7:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
ifex370:

i know... Skype kinda sucks lately... have you tried Viber... it has the best n clearest online call feature I've seen...ok,, heard...

I'll try your tango before going to bed today sha

This is my first time hearing of Viber. I will download it to see what it is about. You can send me your moniker so that I can try to add you when I do.
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by henribj(m): 8:56pm On Sep 25, 2015
morethanadoll:
Oh my goodness...Ojuelegba (I think I spelled it correctly!) has been on replay since last night. I have heard about WizKid in the past from Nigerians that live in Lagos and the surrounding areas that I would Tango and Skype with occassionally, but I have never really listened to his music. Well, let me tell you, a change has occurred. I was reintroduced to this amazing talent by visiting his Instagram page last night when he popped up on my feed. He posted a video of Alicia Keys dancing to the song that I mentioned above. I was instantly hypnotized to the beat and the words. All of this to say that I downloaded this song and one other and they both have been on constant replay. Even though I have absolutely no idea what he is saying in more than half the song, it didn't matter. Good music has a way of breaking down any language barriers. The hip swaying is universal! I felt an instant connection back to the Motherland as soon as I heard the music flow through my ears. All I could do was close my eyes, marinate in the sounds, and let it take over my body. I wish more Black Americans can hear this. Most would probably think it is garbage. Some will think and feel just the way that I did. However, after research for the lyrics and finding out their meanings, I know that many black Americans can relate to his story. I am one of them. A story of a young, black individual coming from nothing to having it all is an amazing testimony in both , my world and WizKid's world. Everyone who rides in my car from this point on will be introduced to WizKid! Let the hip swaying commence!

Black, Bold, & Proud.

1 Like

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
henribj:

Black, Bold, & Proud.

I have to be! Being black is all that I know how to be!
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by henribj(m): 9:03pm On Sep 25, 2015
morethanadoll:

I have to be! Being black is all that I know how to be!

smiley

1 Like

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 25, 2015
Well said miss. I totally understand where you're coming from.

1 Like

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by Richiy(f): 9:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
morethanadoll:

You don't have to reply, but I will quote you. I KNEW THAT IT WAS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE THE RACIST NIGERIANS CAME ABOUT! So, because you are genetically "full" black, makes anyone who is mixed with black inferior to you? Well, let me tell you something, honey, anything mixed with black is black, if you didnt receive that memo. Drake would be called a n*gger the same as you would. The crazy part is is that you hate people of your own skin color. Sad, sad mental cases. No matter how you put it, Drake is black. WizKid is talented. They both are black and rich. Awww, why do you hate me, sister? Is it because I am attractive and could take your man on any day if I wanted him? Post a picture of yourself if you are attractive. Let everyone else be the judge. You hate me because I live in America Sounds like someone is bitter because she was denied a visa and a green card. Lol You need some help mentally.

You don't know that she if she stays in Nigeria. She could pretty much be anybody with access to the Internet. Besides I disagree with a point you made. Nigerians WILL not prejudice you if you are a black America on a visit or some other visit. We are known for our incessant hospitality to foreigners especially Americans. Where you came up with that, I wouldn't know. If any Nigerian in diaspora refuses to come back to Nigeria, trust me, hospitality will never be part of their reasons.

1 Like

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by 2dice(m): 9:34pm On Sep 25, 2015

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by morethanadoll(f): 9:35pm On Sep 25, 2015
Re: A Black American Who Fell In Love With Wizkid by 2dice(m): 9:36pm On Sep 25, 2015
morethanadoll:
Thank you for this.
u are welcome

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hs: Video: Waconzy – Wedding Day / Michael W Smith Grace Mp3 & Lyrics / Video: Omo Lepa - Danny Young Ft Olamide [download]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.