Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,984 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2593312 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 12:37pm On Apr 15, 2016
sholemania:
Hello House...

Do we have anybody that has gone for New Brunswick Information session in any neighboring countries?

We have some scheduled to be held in some closer countries like Egypt this year.. Guess UAE as well

I am looking at going for one... Please how will I go about it...
Hello,
I'm looking at attending one also by July .
This is a quote from their website hope this helps.
[b]
Important: We do not allow registrations from non-residents/non-citizens without written authorisation from our office. If you want to travel to another country for an information session and you want to use this participation towards your eligibility for NBPNP, you should email us with your profession and language test results in the email body and a full resume in attachement at: promotions@gnb.ca >>>Please do not make travel arrangements before receiving a confirmation from our office, we will respond only to people who we will invite so if you do not receive an answer it means we do not believe your attendance will generate an invitation to apply based on your profession! If you are a citizen of India and you reside in India, please note that we will not authorize you to travel to another country as we are planning to have information sessions in India later this year. Details of the dates will be posted when available so check this website often but don't send inquiry emails regarding the dates.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 12:52pm On Apr 15, 2016
dupyshoo:
1. No, it is even advisable you initiate evaluation of your credential alongside your IELTS
2. It must be sent directly from the institution
3. In fact, evaluating only your MSc. will suffice
4. Different surnames do not matter. I used my maiden name and it did not matter. However, it will be better if all the documents you will be submitting have the same name. For instance, is your bank account still in your maiden name?

My documents have different names.

I've my maiden name on WES, IELTS, bank accounts, employment letters, certificates and even entered the pool with my maiden name but got employers' reference letters in my married name (with reference to my maiden name though) and intend changing my passport to my married name and use that for eAPR post ITA as i would prefer to have my married name as a PR later on.

Foresee any problems?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by premiracle: 1:28pm On Apr 15, 2016
Good day all, we have an issue and need your opinion. My husband's middle name was written as his first name and first name as middle name in his passport (as in a twist of names)
pls will that be an issue in the processing of our PR starting from academics credentials evaluation?
Can a note of explanation cover this? Or should he Go for correction?

Pls can anyone help with an immigration officer that can be of help with the names correction without cutting our neck at Abuja? I learnt official price is 7k but they charge as high as 70k. Pls help a sister. Thk u
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2016
pls are we supposed to upload our ECA results on the e-APR??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 2:14pm On Apr 15, 2016
iphie25:

A scanned copy of the original, i suppose.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 2:26pm On Apr 15, 2016
Results
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 7.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 6.5
Overall: 7.0

What are my chances? cry cry cry not feeling well at all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 3:10pm On Apr 15, 2016
iphie25:

Please and please, don't rush your e-APR. Ensure you get sufficient tutoring before you do it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:20pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hello house!

Any hope with the result below?!

Listening - 8.5
Reading - 6.5
Writing - 7.5
Speaking - 7.0
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 15, 2016
tyketurah:
Hello house!
Listening - 8.5
Reading - 6.5
Writing - 7.5
Speaking - 7.0

Overall - 7.5
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 3:54pm On Apr 15, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

A scanned copy of the original, i suppose.

okay...thanks dear. just that i saw somewhere on CIC's website that all you need is the ECA report Number.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iphie25(f): 3:56pm On Apr 15, 2016
JesusDWay:

Please and please, don't rush your e-APR. Ensure you get sufficient tutoring before you do it.

Walahi i Dont intend to o....coz i even noticed that once you upload documents you cant delete them embarassed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 5:08pm On Apr 15, 2016
Its good to be back here after a long session offline. Kudus to Zandora, JeusDway and the other gurus in the house, you guys are doing a great job.

Congrats to dupsyshoo as well. We will all get there...... Amen Fire

Its 8 days to go and all doc seem to be ready now, I believe I'm finally good to go with the e-APR. @jesusDway please tutor your brethren. What more do we need to know?

For the record! Does a spouse need to submit a detailed work reference as well?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimaXYZ: 10:15pm On Apr 15, 2016
bubsykay:
Its good to be back here after a long session offline. Kudus to Zandora, JeusDway and the other gurus in the house, you guys are doing a great job.

Congrats to dupsyshoo as well. We will all get there...... Amen Fire

Its 8 days to go and all doc seem to be ready now, I believe I'm finally good to go with the e-APR. @jesusDway please tutor your brethren. What more do we need to know?

For the record! Does a spouse need to submit a detailed work reference as well?

If you are the Principal Applicant, I do not think it will be necessary for your spouse to submit a detailed work experience reference.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 11:21pm On Apr 15, 2016
Hello House,i just finished filling and submitting the express entry form, and the message i get is Profile Ineligible. Did i make a mistake somewhere? Or is it because i have not registered with the job bank? And there is an EE application number. What do i do?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Doggys: 11:59pm On Apr 15, 2016
I think i have seen where i made the mistake. In the place of work history i made a mistake in the NOC which is different from her NOC. I am having difficulty changing it,what do i do? Do i delete the profile and create another one?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:59am On Apr 16, 2016
Hello House......

Thanks for the Info Y'all have been putting up here......Really helpful.

I have applied for the EE Pool. My CRS is at 441. I have a BSC. (WES approved), perfect age bracket, Scored Perfect scores in IELTS (Cant be any better) and over 4 years work experience in an approved NOC work.

I am trying really hard to improve my score, because the cut off has never being lower than 453 CRS.

Question: Can I use other professional certificates such as IWCF or other work related certificates I may have obtained during the course of my numerous work trainings? If I choose 2 or more certificates in EE, my score goes up to as high as 474+. I want to be sure so as not to be misrepresented.

I have also tried contacting WES. Their website only says School Certifications........How about professional certificates? How can I get those accredited? I even tried calling WES........ I was on a queue and the next agent was to be available in 45 mins (Non Toll Free Call)........ In this hard economy......(No fuel, High Dollar....lolz)

Please anyone with useful information about professional certificates in Oil and Gas that may be used should advice.

If there are other ways to improve my scores, I would appreciate those as well.

NB: Working on PNP and Job offers (Long thing).......Any advices on any of these would be greatly appreciated too.

Thanchu (smiles) grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 16, 2016
Good morning house,

Please guide me. My exam is in 3wks and i need to jack up my performance on writing and reading skills (especially Reading). Please tell me EXACTLY what i need to do/materials i need to use and if possible the no of hours you think i need to put in daily to get the best scores, my target is 8.5 in both Reading and Writing.Thank you all for the good job you are doing here. BTW, i am preparing for the General Training exam. Also, are the Cambridge practice questions for Academic or GT, i am finding the Cambridge Reading questions there very CHALLENGING and is my 3wks timeline unreasonable? PLEASE HELP A SOUL. Thanks y'all
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:19am On Apr 16, 2016
Garykasparov:
Good morning my people, I got my IELTS result today.
Talk about Band 10 borderline result. Praise God.

Hi Garykasparov, please what study materials did you use and how long did you prepare for? I need help with my Reading and Writing ( Reading especially). I have 3wks to the exam and getting worried. Please advise on details on prep materials.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 9:10am On Apr 16, 2016
Hi
Please i am trying to get a letter of reference but I am not sure of the address to use (embassy)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:29am On Apr 16, 2016
chimali:
Hi
Please i am trying to get a letter of reference but I am not sure of the address to use (embassy)

To whom it may concern.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:34am On Apr 16, 2016
crystalmar:
Hello House......

Thanks for the Info Y'all have been putting up here......Really helpful.
Thanchu (smiles) grin

The only international certification I've seen favourably assessed by WES is ACCA.

You might have to do Masters or go the PNP route.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 9:35am On Apr 16, 2016
chimaXYZ:

If you are the Principal Applicant, I do not think it will be necessary for your spouse to submit a detailed work experience reference.
Cheers!

Thank you sir! Just wanted to be sure.

chimali:
Hi

"To Whom it may concern" is better but my bank insisted the ref has to be addressed so I used.

The Visa Officer,
The Canadian Immigration Office
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sholemania: 9:59am On Apr 16, 2016
beyunce:

Hello,
I'm looking at attending one also by July .
This is a quote from their website hope this helps.
[b]
Important: We do not allow registrations from non-residents/non-citizens without written authorisation from our office. If you want to travel to another country for an information session and you want to use this participation towards your eligibility for NBPNP, you should email us with your profession and language test results in the email body and a full resume in attachement at: promotions@gnb.ca >>>Please do not make travel arrangements before receiving a confirmation from our office, we will respond only to people who we will invite so if you do not receive an answer it means we do not believe your attendance will generate an invitation to apply based on your profession! If you are a citizen of India and you reside in India, please note that we will not authorize you to travel to another country as we are planning to have information sessions in India later this year. Details of the dates will be posted when available so check this website often but don't send inquiry emails regarding the dates.[/b]

Wow... Thanks for this wonderful update.. Ama just send what they require of non nationals of session location first then.

Just wondering if any Nigerian in the house has ever been invited after emailing for confirmation.

Guess u and I are just gonna be an example of the information session thing...
I am an Administrative assistants NOC(1241) in a bank, am planning towards the Ember months for the information session.

What about you? what is your NOC? and which country did wanna go for your information session?
and if you are planning July session then u should be set to email for confirmation like May if that has not been done already..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sholemania: 10:14am On Apr 16, 2016
tyketurah:
Hello house!

Listening - 8.5
Reading - 6.5
Writing - 7.5
Speaking - 7.0

You can calculate your IELTS to CLB here
http://ieltscanadatest.com/test-results/ielts-and-clb/
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/calculators/ielts_calculator.php

CLB 9 will give you the highest score
CLB 8 is what you have... You are not realy bad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sholemania: 10:22am On Apr 16, 2016
Curlie:
Good morning house,

Please guide me. My exam is in 3wks and i need to jack up my performance on writing and reading skills (especially Reading). Please tell me EXACTLY what i need to do/materials i need to use and if possible the no of hours you think i need to put in daily to get the best scores, my target is 8.5 in both Reading and Writing.Thank you all for the good job you are doing here. BTW, i am preparing for the General Training exam. Also, are the Cambridge practice questions for Academic or GT, i am finding the Cambridge Reading questions there very CHALLENGING and is my 3wks timeline unreasonable? PLEASE HELP A SOUL. Thanks y'all

I have something veery sweet for you... Trust me.. U will come back to say thank you..
Behold! its IELTS materials for practice
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B19knuFeNz62X2EtU3dQTjk2WU0&usp=docslist_api&ddrp=1#

Just Jack up well.....spend so much time... and practice listening the most... know all the rules then u your GTG

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 10:29am On Apr 16, 2016
Curlie:
Good morning house,

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1A32Ko0KVjhZDZEWFBsOWYybDA&usp=sharing

Everything you need.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 10:31am On Apr 16, 2016
double post.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 10:37am On Apr 16, 2016
sholemania:

Wow... Thanks for this wonderful update.. Ama just send what they require of non nationals of session location first then.

Just wondering if any Nigerian in the house has ever been invited after emailing for confirmation.

Guess u and I are just gonna be an example of the information session thing...
I am an Administrative assistants NOC(1241) in a bank, am planning towards the Ember months for the information session.

What about you? what is your NOC? and which country did wanna go for your information session?
and if you are planning July session then u should be set to email for confirmation like May if that has not been done already..

Well I haven't seen any Nigerian that indicated attending the information session, So I guess example it is for us. Lol.
My noc code and yours is the same,mine is in a law firm.
I wil still need to get my ielts done before I can email them. But do update me on their reply when you do email them.
I'm looking at attending either the US or Dubai one. But Dubai will surely be less expensive since I and my family might go together. I heard spouse of principal applicants might need to attend too. I'm not sure abt this though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by samnijazz: 10:37am On Apr 16, 2016
Apply for a remark in reading maybe you can get 7.0 which will automatically give you a CLB of 9
sholemania:

You can calculate your IELTS to CLB here
http://ieltscanadatest.com/test-results/ielts-and-clb/
http://www.immigratemanitoba.com/calculators/ielts_calculator.php

CLB 9 will give you the highest score
CLB 8 is what you have... You are not realy bad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bubsykay: 12:08pm On Apr 16, 2016
chimaXYZ:

Cheers!

What do you think about uploading the same ref letter at the 2 different spaces for job ref? because the PA worked in the same organization 2 periods (masters inbtw) and the 2 periods are explicitly stated on the ref. it is also the same NOC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 1:06pm On Apr 16, 2016
primeson1:
Results
Listening: 7.5
Reading: 7.0
Writing: 7.5
Speaking: 6.5
Overall: 7.0

What are my chances? cry cry cry not feeling well at all

Please can i apply for a remark in my speaking test. Is it advisable, since it will take up to 2 months for it to be remarked.

Please help.

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.