Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,695 members, 7,802,045 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (136) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2593405 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by einsteino(m): 5:51am On Jun 18, 2016
superchi:

Yeah I've been selected.

But wait a minute oh. Haven't you been selected?

So what application fee are you paying for?

Mine cost that amount b'cos I am paying for 5 people.

Oh no am yet to apply for Express entry, am still prospecting to determine if am eligible and financially bouyant enough to go through the process.

BTW how much would a single/Never married applicant require for POF. Also could my family/parent assist me in raising the fund? lastly is a CRS of 441 reasonable?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 8:00am On Jun 18, 2016
SomebodyLovesMe:

Your scores look promising, as the principal applicant, as does your age.The best next step is to calculate your 'CRS Score', as this is what will determine if / how early you will get an Invitation to Apply (ITA). A score of 450 and above is what many aim for.
Two ways to determine your CRS score:
1. Google 'CIC CRS Calculator' and use the one on the canadavisa.com website
2. A more reliable option, create an account with CIC and enter the pool ( after submitting your information with CIC, your score will be automatically calculated and displayed for you).
When you know your score, you can determine if it is necessary to retake tests for either youself,.your wife, or both.
Thanks pal.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:17am On Jun 18, 2016
hi everyone. hope we are all good. haven't been here in a bit. i gotta read up.
Please can anyone help me with info on how to go about getting a reference letter from a previous employer where the supervisor no longer works in that company? I vaguely remember a discussion earlier on in the thread about getting the supervisor to write on a plain sheet of paper and get it notarized and add other evidence of employment for that period........i'll appreciate if anyone with info or experience can shed more light on this. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by OpeLovely(f): 10:34am On Jun 18, 2016
Good morning.

Please how long does it take for the express entry to be processed now? Is it still two years? Or more....

What's the least amount of money i should have in my SOA?

Thank you and God bless as u answer. (Considering going either as a student or via express entry)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ayayusuf: 11:24am On Jun 18, 2016
Hello Everyone, am entirely new here, read all messages and understand to a point, it's so nice to have pple assist and actually show genuine care. My hubby and I re preparing to write our ielts exam, he is the principal applicant..can someone pls do us a favour by listing what to do step by step so one will knw what is next after this..we re applying for Federal skilled workers as we r both bankers, I av 5yrs experience while he has 9yrs, am 31 n he is 33yrs, we both have masters degree...we av submitted our transcript and certificate to WES, they re awaiting verification from our schools.

Please assist in highlighting what to do on a step by step basis.

I will gratefully appreciate a response.

Congrats to everyone who recently made it.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 11:56am On Jun 18, 2016
ayayusuf:
Hello Everyone, am entirely new here, read all messages and understand to a point, it's so nice to have pple assist and actually show genuine care. My hubby and I re preparing to write our ielts exam, he is the principal applicant..can someone pls do us a favour by listing what to do step by step so one will knw what is next after this..we re applying for Federal skilled workers as we r both bankers, I av 5yrs experience while he has 9yrs, am 31 n he is 33yrs, we both have masters degree...we av submitted our transcript and certificate to WES, they re awaiting verification from our schools.

Cheers!
The step by step you need is at the beginning of the page. Try and go read up.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 12:00pm On Jun 18, 2016
OpeLovely:
Good morning.

Please how long does it take for the express entry to be processed now? Is it still two years? Or more....

What's the least amount of money i should have in my SOA?

Thank you and God bless as u answer. (Considering going either as a student or via express entry)
1. For most Nigerians 6months tops
2. You need about 12,164$CAD if you are going alone,much more if you are goin with your family.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ayayusuf: 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2016
Ok' thanks..

But asking a sincere question now, for us now
Is it better we continue with the Express Entry or u advise St!udent Visa to begin with?

Which is a better option?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bhydemi: 12:14pm On Jun 18, 2016
Goodmorning guys,

Please i have the following credentials

B. Eng Electrical and computer engineering (second class upper) No experience (Banker since 2014)
27yrs
Married

My wife is a teacher

MSc Socoiology
BSc Sociology
27years old

what is the easiest route we can take to achieve the skilled visa express

Your response will be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Omtt: 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2016
Bhydemi:
Goodmorning guys,
Please i have the following credentials
B. Eng Electrical and computer engineering (second class upper) No experience (Banker since 2014)
27yrs
Married
My wife is a teacher
MSc Socoiology
BSc Sociology
27years old
what is the easiest route we can take to achieve the skilled visa express
Your response will be highly appreciated

Ur can use d express entry. Check the post at the beginning. Also, if u want to go through this route, it will be better if ur wife is the principal applicant because of her MSc.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 5:59am On Jun 19, 2016
ayayusuf:
Ok' thanks..

But asking a sincere question now, for us now
Is it better we continue with the Express Entry or u advise St!udent Visa to begin with?

Which is a better option?

Express Entry would be a better option as you get a Permanent Residency visa which gives you more priviledges (you enjoy the rights and benefits of a citizen) and brings you closer to citizenship. Student visa comes with limited priviledges, no access to public health or civil subsidies and you'll still have to apply through various means available to get PR. A good way to enter the country but a 'long thing' in the end.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bumdesh: 10:15am On Jun 19, 2016
Good day everyone, please I need help with a question and I will appreciate if it could be answered.
I have a BSc in Economics, BSc in Accounting and MSc in Finance. All this were evaluated by WES as equivalent to Canadian degree in their respective fields.
But the summary of the EVA report says Masters Degree. From what I have read on this trend, does it mean that I cnt pick 2 post secondary school degree in the EE profile, because the WES summary report only states Masters? But the details in the report evaluated the other degrees.

Please what should I do if I cnt pick 2 post secondary degree because WES dnt state it in the summary.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 10:20am On Jun 19, 2016
Bumdesh:
Good day everyone, please I need help with a question and I will appreciate if it could be answered.
I have a BSc in Economics, BSc in Accounting and MSc in Finance. All this were evaluated by WES as equivalent to Canadian degree in their respective fields.
But the summary of the EVA report says Masters Degree. From what I have read on this trend, does it mean that I cnt pick 2 post secondary school degree in the EE profile, because the WES summary report only states Masters? But the details in the report evaluated the other degrees.

Please what should I do if I cnt pick 2 post secondary degree because WES dnt state it in the summary.

Pick Masters degree as that gives you more points than two or more degrees.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by olurotimi1: 12:34pm On Jun 19, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

Pick Masters degree as that gives you more points than two or more degrees.
please am a nominee of Manitoba under paper based application my question is can I notarize all the photocopy of my documents to be sent to CIC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 2:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
olurotimi1:
please am a nominee of Manitoba under paper based application my question is can I notarize all the photocopy of my documents to be sent to CIC

I've no idea bro.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jkpretty(f): 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2016
I just want to start out, who can help me out from scratch. Maybe on whatsapp. Plssss. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Omtt: 8:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
jkpretty:
I just want to start out, who can help me out from scratch. Maybe on whatsapp. Plssss. Thanks in advance.

Check the first page(0). The guidelines are stated there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Omtt: 8:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=jkpretty post=46724283]I just want to start out, who can help me out from scratch. Maybe on whatsapp. Plssss. Thanks in advance. [/quote.]

Check the firstpage(o). The guidelines are already stated there.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by neny2k2: 2:38am On Jun 20, 2016
Hello Peeps, I am new on this thread and i have been blessed with all posts. I am about to start my application process but i have a few questions. I would appreciate your help.

1. Do i pay one evaluation fee($210) with WES for both Degree and Master's certificates evaluations or pay for each ?
2. Do I evaluate my hubby's certificate separately or do all including mine in one application with WES?
3. Do you pay for the result to be sent to you or to CIC, which of the fee for delivery as i am a bit confused with the delivery fee options.
4. Will our statement of results be enough to send to WES since we haven't got the Certificates yet?
5. what is the score for my spouse education and must it be evaluated?

Thanks in anticipation for your kind reply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Omtt: 8:04am On Jun 20, 2016
neny2k2:
Hello Peeps, I am new on this thread and i have been blessed with all posts. I am about to start my application process but i have a few questions. I would appreciate your help.

1. Do i pay one evaluation fee($210) with WES for both Degree and Master's certificates evaluations or pay for each ?
2. Do I evaluate my hubby's certificate separately or do all including mine in one application with WES?
3. Do you pay for the result to be sent to you or to CIC, which of the fee for delivery as i am a bit confused with the delivery fee options.
4. Will our statement of results be enough to send to WES since we haven't got the Certificates yet?

1. Yes. It is one payment for both certificate Bsc and Msc.
2. You have to evaluate ur husband certificate separately.
3. Yes. You will pay for the evaluation to be sent to you.international delivery if you are in Nigeria.
4. Don't know. Maybe the Gurus in the house can assist.
5. Depend on spouse degree. I know Msc is 10 point.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 2:31pm On Jun 20, 2016
ayayusuf:

Cheers!

Well done to you guys, you seem to be on the right track, and very well informed too. However, your next step will be to start building your account of the fund required by CIC in tandem with your number of family.

Secondly, your work experience reference. Please work that out now. Remember three things though, the reference letter should meet CIC specification 2. Experience must be within the last 10 years. 3. Your roles in the bank meets the skill type which qualifies for FSW.

Thirdly, Ensure you excel in your respective IELTS exams, particularly you, because your hubby is already trailing you by 10points cos of his age.

Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by twentyfourseven: 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hello
sequel to new guideline which makes 1cad = 204 naira today, I'm wondering if avo will request for further update because I was asked to send updated statement of acct in May 5th which was sent few days later with the old exchange rate....
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 5:06pm On Jun 20, 2016
twentyfourseven:

Hello
sequel to new guideline which makes 1cad = 204 naira today, I'm wondering if avo will request for further update because I was asked to send updated statement of acct in May 5th which was sent few days later with the old exchange rate....
Your statement will be calculated with the exchange rate of the day you submitted.
I guess they might ask for another one, you never can tell what avo might decide to do next.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:13pm On Jun 20, 2016
Thanks a lot sir.
"They are well aware and it would be cleared by year end".

This has put to bed my fears.
Adiahabasi:
Try to listen to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaLvLG-6n3k. It'll help put your mind to rest. Apparently,they still have loads of the FSW 2014 they are yet to process.According to the brief they'll conclude work on all those pending applications by the end of this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaLvLG-6n3k
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by WoodcrestMayor(m): 6:25pm On Jun 20, 2016
Well...i dont know what that means but i did a mail to them to which they replied "we appreciate the fact that you have kept mails requesting updates to the barest minimum.Pls note that files are treated on first come first served basis".
beyunce:

Have you tried requesting for your gmcs notes? If you are worried you can order for your notes. It will tell you what's going on with your application. although it takes a month or less to get it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 6:34pm On Jun 20, 2016
I am just curious. What is the essence of applying to the job bank after creating an EE profile? Has anyone ever got a job through the job bank?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 7:58pm On Jun 20, 2016
neny2k2:

The other questions have been answered save for number 4. Yes, you can use a statement of result in place of certificate. I hope this helps
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 9:51pm On Jun 20, 2016
hello All
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jer29v11: 10:49pm On Jun 20, 2016
Hello all, I'm new to this thread and I must admit I have found a lot of the info very useful. Thank you.

I am also new to the Canada Immigration Process and I have quite a number of questions. I am waiting for my WES evaluation and in the meantime, I calculated my CRS score using an online tool. To my surprise it came back with a total of 393. I strongly believe I haven't input all the details required and probably missed a chunk of my points. Can anyone help with a rough estimate of my CRS score? Below is a summary of my details;

IELTS Results; S-8.5, R-8.5, L-8.5, W-6.5. Total Band Score = 8
Highest Degree qualification - MSc.
5 years work experience in Engineering/oil & gas
No family or relatives in Canada
Single
Age 34
No Canadian job offer (yet)

Please let me know if you require any other information to help with my inquiry. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by suraj1st: 10:57pm On Jun 20, 2016
Saskatchewan International Skilled Worker – Occupations In-Demand sub-category is open to 600 applications.

Kindly follow this link for confirmation;

http://www.saskatchewan.ca/residents/moving-to-saskatchewan/immigrating-to-saskatchewan/saskatchewan-immigrant-nominee-program/maximum-number-of-sinp-applications
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinchum(m): 11:45pm On Jun 20, 2016
Jer29v11:
Hello all, I'm new to this thread and I must admit I have found a lot of the info very useful. Thank you.

I am also new to the Canada Immigration Process and I have quite a number of questions. I am waiting for my WES evaluation and in the meantime, I calculated my CRS score using an online tool. To my surprise it came back with a total of 393. I strongly believe I haven't input all the details required and probably missed a chunk of my points. Can anyone help with a rough estimate of my CRS score? Below is a summary of my details;

Single
Age 34

Please let me know if you require any other information to help with my inquiry. Thanks
Your IELTS result is the problem.
Your result is very nice, however, it misses the Canadian Language benchmark 9 , which requires a minimum of LRSW 8777. A 7 in writing would have added over 50 points to your current CRS score. Retake your IELTS exam and aim for CLB 10 (LRSW 8.5 8 7.5 7.5) or at worst a CLB 9 (LRSW 8777). You can also seek for a remark of your writing test to see if the score could be upgraded, although the response time for this process is roughly 2 months. You can not seek for remark of a test that the result was released over 6 weeks ago.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 11:47pm On Jun 20, 2016
Jer29v11:

Single
Age 34

The 6.5 in writing cut down your marks by about 60points. Having a 7 in writing could boost your score by 60pts or thereabout. So my advice is... if you feel you did way better than the 6.5 then ask for a re-mark.That's if its still less than 6weeks you took the exam. If not, rewrite ielts.

(1) (2) (3) ... (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.