Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,382 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598212 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ANBAKO: 11:06pm On Jul 31, 2016
irondome:

Quite true if the applicant has documented proof of the source of funds (e.g sales of properties, large benefit payment, etc). Quite similar to those who use gift deeds from their parents as documented source of funds.

However, in the case where the money is borrowed or any other liability, it's important that the funds/term deposit remain in the account for 6 months.

Per the boldest, Borrowed fund simply means it isn't your money.As you mentioned yourself - liability. That is not tenable as POF no matter how long you "fix" it because you need to return it to the owner.

Note that having liability isn't any issue so far your net still meets the required amount of POF.
I had a liability of over 500k with GTB when I submitted my application in 2014 but I made sure that my POF proof exceeds required amount by 1million Naira so as to accommodate my liability.

Again this is my personal opinion based on my personal experience

Good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nogen: 11:13pm On Jul 31, 2016
Amazing01:

To apply to Quebec, you need yo be versed in French and if you both are, then its sthg you should actually pursue...

I speak French fluently and that's why I'm tilting towards there. Been reading up on Quebec too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 11:48pm On Jul 31, 2016
ANBAKO:

Per the boldest, Borrowed fund simply means it isn't your money.As you mentioned yourself - liability. That is not tenable as POF no matter how long you "fix" it because you need to return it to the owner.

Note that having liability isn't any issue so far your net still meets the required amount of POF.
I had a liability of over 500k with GTB when I submitted my application in 2014 but I made sure that my POF proof exceeds required amount by 1million Naira so as to accommodate my liability.

Good luck

Oga!!! Why are you talking as if you do not know millions of people across the globe use borrowed funds as POF? Or do you think everyone out there has your kind of privilege?

IRCC only require applicant to show 6 months average statement, and do not need to know transactions before the 6 months count begins. For instance, if an applicant borrowed funds to shore up his accounts in January, that applicant can conveniently generates his/her account statement in July (feb-Jul financial statement) for use as POF; with no question asked from IRCC VO (because the POF document meets the requirement specified for express entry). See the link below--

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

Purpose

To confirm whether the applicant meets the low-income cut-off (LICO), assessed by the amount of money they hold compared to the number of people in their family
Document requirements

The applicant should provide an official letter(s) from one or more financial institutions that lists all current bank and investment accounts as well as outstanding debts, such as credit card debts and loans.
o The letter(s) must be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution and must include the applicant’s name, the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and email address), the account numbers, the date each account was opened and the current balance of each account as well as the average balance for the past six months.
Other documents may also be requested, as necessary.

In view of this, when the source of your fund can't be explained in a documented statement (Gift deeds, property sales, etc), irrespective of whether its yours or not; it's very important that the applicants keeps the fund in his/her account for 6 months.

Lastly, knowing that you applied for the old FSWP program; I need to point out clearly that documents requirements and application processing for the two programs (express entry and the old fswp) differs.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 11:57pm On Jul 31, 2016
ANBAKO:

Good luck

And you should know I wasn't referring to that kind of liability nah. Why would I imply that you should keep your account liability (negative balance) in your account for 6 months?

Liability=Money wey no be your own=Arrangee money
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Egonne1(f): 1:02am On Aug 01, 2016
Hello house, please I need to edit my EE profile due to change in job description. How do I do that? Thank you in advance for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 8:02am On Aug 01, 2016
Amazing01:

To apply to Quebec, you need yo be versed in French and if you both are, then its sthg you should actually pursue...

Quebec has changed rules, English speaking people can apply so long as you meet the minimum points which is 47 without spouse or 57 or so with spouse.

The only thing I have a reservation for is integration and jobs for English speaking people. Knowing fully the province is french oriented.

I'll post some links later.

Cheers.

P's, Nogen, i replied your email.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by saheedowolabi01: 9:31am On Aug 01, 2016
Hello Edababa007
I will like to know if you were able to claim additional points for your wife ICAN & ATS certificates (under the 2 more more certificates, diploma or degrees. I have both of this certificate and am in the process of doing my evaluation with WES. Also, I graduated from OOU, how do you think i can speed up getting my evaluation from WES as i currently have my certificate with me.

U re not alone... I applied for myself and my wife since July.. it's been from 1 story to anoda.. But surprisingly, WES contacted OSU directly without receiving our transcripts. I now have my WES report and my wife is still expecting her report because she included her ICAN ATS certs. Ur wife might be lucky too. Pay her WES fee and send her Degree cert to WES.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 10:23am On Aug 01, 2016
Hello my people

Please is it okay to send me and my husband transcript with one DHL post or to separate it. Is from different school and we where able to collect it from the schools after they have sealed it. The courier service the school was going to use it will take forever for WES to get it.
Is cheaper if we send it together or what do you think.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kolinsteroy: 10:51am On Aug 01, 2016
Hi guys, a quick question concerning WES ECA Please. My status states "Awaiting verification from institution". Is this a sure confirmation they've received my transcripts? The last time they I asked, they had received only the certificate I sent to them myself.
Trying to confirm from school if they've sent is proving abortive. Please does anyone know if WES does verification only when they receive transcripts so I can be sure they've received them. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dtush(f): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hello House,

Please am currently experiencing a challenge with respect to paying for WES. I have tried my gtb atm card which i have used both abroad and for international transactions to no avail. Even got a friend's fidelity bank credit card details.

Please help. What can i do .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gonon: 2:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hi, I'm currently having this problem but I handled it like this. Pay for the WES ECA using Western Union online option then, pay the fee from your bank the next day. Make Sure you go early in the money because banks have an amount per day they can do. I found that out today and will be opening the bank with their workers in order to avoid stories that touch. grin grin

dtush:
Hello House,

Please am currently experiencing a challenge with respect to paying for WES. I have tried my gtb atm card which i have used both abroad and for international transactions to no avail. Even got a friend's fidelity bank credit card details.

Please help. What can i do .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
Thanks alot. have u called them before? And then again, what's the best time to call, considering the time difference and their working hours.
Thanks

you can call them on +17804272655[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
Thanks alot. Please have u or anyone here called them before? And considering the time difference, what's d best time to call?

bigfido:

you can call them on +17804272655
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Egonne1(f): 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2016
Can someone assist with the enquiry below? Thank you and happy new month to everyone
Egonne1:
Hello house, please I need to edit my EE profile due to change in job description. How do I do that? Thank you in advance for your response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 3:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
specrealq:
Hello my people

Please is it okay to send me and my husband transcript with one DHL post or to separate it. Is from different school and we where able to collect it from the schools after they have sealed it. The courier service the school was going to use it will take forever for WES to get it.
Is cheaper if we send it together or what do you think.

As the usual practise, WES specifically request the transcript to be sent directly from the issuing university, Don't be pennywise, pounds..., you can't start cutting corners at this stage of your migration process, There is already a danger the transcripts are in your possession at the moment. Firstly, dont even try to send them both to WES, they will disregard it, and if you send them individually,which is the choice you are left with, that may pose a lengthy verification process to say the least, remember inwards courier packages are documented and the sender recorded, in this case, you. More dis-reputing is the integrity of these universities you were able to intercept their mail.

Send the transcripts individually, hope and pray.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 3:32pm On Aug 01, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by keni: 4:18pm On Aug 01, 2016
40manlappy:

Thanks for further insight.

@bolded: IMO, it may be used as a supporting but not as the primary POF. At least, the applicant can access the fund after 4 months of being unemployed in Nigeria.

I think it is high time Nigerians who have relocated abroad permanently and who are contributors to the pension fund set up a lobby group to make a case for an amendment to the Pension Reform Act (as amended) that would allow people in their category to access 100% of their RSA since they are no resident in Nigeria.

The current regulation did not seem to take into consideration Nigerians in diaspora.

If they eventually listen and this falls through then their will be a sharp spike upwards in applications from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by irondome: 4:26pm On Aug 01, 2016
greetings:

Quebec has changed rules, English speaking people can apply so long as you meet the minimum points which is 47 without spouse or 57 or so with spouse.

The only thing I have a reservation for is integration and jobs for English speaking people. Knowing fully the province is french oriented.

I'll post some links later.

Cheers.

P's, Nogen, i replied your email.

Absolutely true. Most of the job postings in Quebec requires fluency in French. The silver lining is that immigrants are not bounded to stay in the province indefinitely. If you stay for some months without job, you are free to "waka" to another province; as under Canada’s Charter, every resident has freedom of movement.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 6:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
kolinsteroy:
Hi guys, a quick question concerning WES ECA Please. My status states "Awaiting verification from institution". Is this a sure confirmation they've received my transcripts? The last time they I asked, they had received only the certificate I sent to them myself.
Trying to confirm from school if they've sent is proving abortive. Please does anyone know if WES does verification only when they receive transcripts so I can be sure they've received them. Thanks.

From my understanding, WES has sent a mail to your school to verify your result,it's either by postal mail or email. That will depend on their rapport with the school in question. You need to find someone in exams and records or registrar's office,tell him to check their mail as against the day WES notified you that they sent verification to your school. If it's by email lucky you,if not.you will have to wait 2 weeks before asking your contacts again.

In summary, look for someone to pally in your school, if you don't want to wait 2 months on this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 6:44pm On Aug 01, 2016
irondome:

Absolutely true. Most of the job postings in Quebec requires fluency in French. The silver lining is that immigrants are not bounded to stay in the province indefinitely. If you stay for some months without job, you are free to "waka" to another province; as under Canada’s Charter, every resident has freedom of movement.

Oh yeah! Na waka sure pass, but I honestly would like to live there as long as I can get a job and integrate.

For people interested, I found some informations. I will break it down and Will post links, read up and let's discuss grey areas.
You don't need ECA OR IELTS to apply. As long as you can get points required without them.

First create a Mon quebec account (with a windows or MAC laptop),this should be done before 16th of august.
On 16th, by 8:30, enter your account and you will be placed in a virtual room.when it gets to your turn,you will have 10 minutes max to submit your application or your session will expire and you will need to go back and wait in line again.
You fill and submit the application, you can choose to pay with card or cheque or money order or something. If you chose cheque it must get to them within 30 days.
You application will only be processed when the money is received, after which a list of documents to send to them will be sent to your Mon quebec account.
You will have 90 days to get this documents to them.
(From what I gather,they want originals of your credentials, waec, BSC, MSC, work reference, birth certificates, passports or whatever they ask for in general)AM NOT SURE OH! Still researching. grin

Once they are okay with your documents, they return them and issue you a certificate of .... (CSQ sha angry )
This is when you will now apply with the Canadian government for PR. They ask you to do medicals and pcc and clear you.

VIOLA,! you become a legal immigrant.

Please read links below and let's see how poor my reading skills are embarassed

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/mon-projet-quebec/faq.html

If I find more useful informations,ill post them.

Thanks.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:10pm On Aug 01, 2016
@greetings, ironstone

Just to be clear, do you mean an English speaker with no knowledge of French can apply for Quebec immigration even without possessing the French language fluency certificate I.e. their own version of IELTS? shocked
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chimali: 7:10pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hi all,

My question as regards this quebec thing is that is there any application one needs to submit before the 16th or documents one need to get ready? Will 10mins be enough to fill the application.
Please can any1 who participated in the last one.
Please educate me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by edababa007(m): 8:48pm On Aug 01, 2016
@saheedowolabi01

My wife withdrew her ATS documents with WES. She mailed WES to make a report based ONLY on her BSc.. Seems WES do not evaluate ICAN ATS as a certificate.

saheedowolabi01:
Hello Edababa007
I will like to know if you were able to claim additional points for your wife ICAN & ATS certificates (under the 2 more more certificates, diploma or degrees. I have both of this certificate and am in the process of doing my evaluation with WES. Also, I graduated from OOU, how do you think i can speed up getting my evaluation from WES as i currently have my certificate with me.

U re not alone... I applied for myself and my wife since July.. it's been from 1 story to anoda.. But surprisingly, WES contacted OSU directly without receiving our transcripts. I now have my WES report and my wife is still expecting her report because she included her ICAN ATS certs. Ur wife might be lucky too. Pay her WES fee and send her Degree cert to WES.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segbas(m): 9:01pm On Aug 01, 2016
Hello How,

Where can I find the link to check if my Occupation is allowed in Quebec.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 9:22pm On Aug 01, 2016
irondome:

If you get an ITA now, try and get your mum prepare a gift deed for you -- stating that the money was completely a gift with no obligation to refund it. Otherwise, it's wise to allow the money rest in your account for a minimum of 6 months.

If your POF is found to be inadequate (does not meet the specification in the requirement documentation), your application may be rejected without any fairness letter.

Thanks Boss, will be more patient and the gift of deed is no problems, I hope the score drops soon ..475 is quite high
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:51pm On Aug 01, 2016
@greetings

Thanks so much for sharing this. God bless you!

I have gone through the links, and it looks like this Quebec thingy will make sense. Certified true copies of documents are allowed.

I didn't see any information that fluency in French Language is compulsory. smiley

The important thing is to attain the required scores (57 for an applicant with a spouse/partner and 49 for a single/unmarried applicant).

Like irondome suggested, one can always leave the province after a few months. wink

@segbas: You can check out the following links on selection factors. It also gives one an idea of eligibility.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/requirements-programs/index.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

cc: hartson

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bumdesh: 11:24pm On Aug 01, 2016
Please house help me answer this question regarding POF.
Is it only ur parents that can give you deed of gift? Can an uncle or relative not bearing the same name with you give u funds n take the deed of gift?

Also will they need to submit their Bnk statement to show that they r not impaired by the gift, along with the deed?

Please can someone help me answer this ASAP Godbless

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by smokey12345: 11:31pm On Aug 01, 2016
PLS I WOULD LOVE TO PROCESS THIS SKILLED WORKER VISA BUT I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IF ITS ONLY RESTRICTED TO QUEBEC OR OTHER REGIONS ALSO OFFER THIS...I KNOW WITH GODS HELP AND YOU GUYS HELP I WILL BREAKTHROUGH PLS...WHATS THE FIRST THING TO DO.. THANKS. I am a graduate of Architecture from the University of Jos and i graduated in 2011
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 11:50pm On Aug 01, 2016
40manlappy:
@greetings

Thanks so much for sharing this. God bless you!

I have gone through the links, and it looks like this Quebec thingy will make sense. Certified true copies of documents are allowed.

I didn't see any information that fluency in French Language is compulsory. smiley

The important thing is to attain the required scores (57 for an applicant with a spouse/partner and 49 for a single/unmarried applicant).

Like irondome suggested, one can always leave the province after a few months. wink

@segbas: You can check out the following links on selection factors. It also gives one an idea of eligibility.

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/permanent-workers/requirements-programs/index.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/quebec-skilled-worker-immigration.html

cc: hartson

Oya! Take five! Lol.

Glad we're all learning.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 11:52pm On Aug 01, 2016
smokey12345:
PLS I WOULD LOVE TO PROCESS THIS SKILLED WORKER VISA BUT I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW IF ITS ONLY RESTRICTED TO QUEBEC OR OTHER REGIONS ALSO OFFER THIS...I KNOW WITH GODS HELP AND YOU GUYS HELP I WILL BREAKTHROUGH PLS...WHATS THE FIRST THING TO DO.. THANKS. I am a graduate of Architecture from the University of Jos and i graduated in 2011

It's not restricted to quebec, read from page 1 by the time you're on pg 20. ...you'll get the drill. wink

Good luck
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:54pm On Aug 01, 2016
greetings:

Oya! Take five! Lol.

Glad we're all learning.

cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by smokey12345: 11:55pm On Aug 01, 2016
thanks so much..off to reading then

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.